Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser is here! BOWLING and VAMPIRES!

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The only thing I'm honestly looking forward to is the possibility of cemeteries and graveyards making a return (I hope that's what the gravestones indicate). Otherwise, I'm not really excited about this announcement. I also don't care for the idea of bowling having its own stuff pack (it could've easily been included in 'Get Together' or 'City Living'). I'd much rather see a sports themed game/expansion pack that features bowling, baseball, soccer, etc. At least it would include more things to do. Better yet, why not create a hobbies themed game/expansion pack that includes sports and other things? It seems like a complete waste to just make a stuff pack about bowling... they should at least include a bowling alley venue. There would be no point if they don't.

Maybe it wasn't part of those packs because people like you didn't play with bowling, so, this way, those that want bowling can buy it and those that don't can avoid it.

I never said I didn't play with bowling (I actually did in previous games). I'm just disappointed that it's going to be its own stuff pack when it could've easily been included with another pack. I think it would be fun to have my Sims bowl, but I'm not so sure if a $10 bowling pack is worth the price.

I see your point. For me, anything that gets my sims out and about is all good.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    We will probably get an alley. But it will be an object.
    I don't think they would add a new venue tipe in SP.

I'd prefer to get the bowling objects and allow us to use them on any existing venue type -- you could have a bowling alley in a park, for example (indoor or outdoor), or a bar with some lanes in the basement, or even a 50s style diner restaurant with a bowling alley. Just make sure the objects (bowling lanes) are programmed so Sims on the lot will use them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So what do you think the new vampire world will be? Transimvania? :wink:

I just hope it's fairly large... More lots are always needed... :)
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Is there a new world? Is that confirmed?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

I may take over the (hopefully spooky) destination hood and make it where my Rocky Horror peeps live. "There's a light (over at the Frankenstein place) there's a liiiiiigggggghhhhttt.........
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    I really hope that we will get a new world with the vampire game pack, everybody seems to be talking about a new world with a dracula building. But is that confirmed or is there evidence?

There was some mention of a possible world in the game files. We're not entirely sure if it's like Granite Falls (destination world) or an actual liveable world.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

We know there's some kind of neighborhood or world being introduced in the gamepack, it's mentioned in the text they found for the pack splash screen that's in the game files.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Plus, now we can have bowling leagues (clubs)

I hope so. Singing didn't end up being a club activity, so I'm not assuming anything till packs are out.

Yes it is o.O. I have several clubs with singing as an activity. No mods for it.

Maybe it was Karaoke that wasn't? I'll admit I'm going on what other Simmers have said about this.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

We know there's some kind of neighborhood or world being introduced in the gamepack, it's mentioned in the text they found for the pack splash screen that's in the game files.

Oh cool! I mean I hope it's not like the one in GTW though
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    simgame wrote: »
    I really hope that we will get a new world with the vampire game pack, everybody seems to be talking about a new world with a dracula building. But is that confirmed or is there evidence?

There was some mention of a possible world in the game files. We're not entirely sure if it's like Granite Falls (destination world) or an actual liveable world.

I would hope that it's a spooky neighborhood with a few lots that my other vampires can live on while serving the Ancient One.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Exited for Vampire GP, a lot, especially with vampires with the ability for them to turn to bats! Hopefully it works like in TS2 rather than a 2 second interaction-animation, we'll see.

Bowling meh. Should not have been put into a SP. Just not worth it tbh. I don't see how I would want to buy a pack with a single gameplay object and it's bowling, it's very specific, idk.

I see my sims getting more out of a bowling pack then a vampire pack. I'm looking forward to that pack more than vampires.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Exited for Vampire GP, a lot, especially with vampires with the ability for them to turn to bats! Hopefully it works like in TS2 rather than a 2 second interaction-animation, we'll see.

Bowling meh. Should not have been put into a SP. Just not worth it tbh. I don't see how I would want to buy a pack with a single gameplay object and it's bowling, it's very specific, idk.

I see my sims getting more out of a bowling pack then a vampire pack. I'm looking forward to that pack more than vampires.

IDK I might end up buying both tbh :D:D guess it depends on the content. But vampires for me is a must.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I really don't care for the vampire thing. Don't get me wrong, I will buy it. I doubt if I will use it beyond build stuff. But you never know. The bowling looks fun.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member

IDK I might end up buying both tbh :D:D guess it depends on the content. But vampires for me is a must.

Maybe the bowling pack is like freetime with a few different things. Who knows!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

I hope so. Singing didn't end up being a club activity, so I'm not assuming anything till packs are out.

Singing is a club activity. It's under Art & Music.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Alexai wrote: »
    As bowling alleys close across the country, The Sims team thinks this is the right time for a bowling alley game pack. So ahead of their time!

*Where you live.

Mostly. Still some in more rural towns, but I live in a cluster of decently sized cities and I can't remember the last time I saw an open bowling alley.

I live in a pretty large city and bowling is quite popular (along with laser quest), especially amongst teens.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    So vampires and bowling that should of been in City Living are now sold separately got to love Sims 4.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2017
    I really don't care for the vampire thing. Don't get me wrong, I will buy it. I doubt if I will use it beyond build stuff. But you never know. The bowling looks fun.

You know you will eventually find out if that bat flies. Or if vampires sleep in a bed or in an actual grave. >:) Or if headstones (in buy mode) make vampires appear. Muhahahaha
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

You know you will eventually find out if that bat flies. Or if vampires sleep in a bed or in an actual grave. >:) Or if headstones (in buy mode) make vampires appear. Muhahahaha
    Do you plan to make a bat bowling alley Cine? LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Singing is a club activity. It's under Art & Music.

Thank you for clarifying.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So vampires and bowling that should of been in City Living are now sold separately got to love Sims 4.

"should have been" is only your opinion. Maybe they divided them out so people wouldn't have stuff forced on them that they complained about last time.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member

maybe there will be finally an actual cemetry
    but meantime i wouldn't be surprised if a cemetry will be another stuff pack or game pack, that is as long it is not too hard & too expensive to make :lol:

& yeah, i don't think this bat can fly, i think that's just a gimmick to scare other sims & that's it
    isn't that how TS4 is, just show ?

anyway
    fine that some people are excited
    i am very happy not to buy anything anymore for TS4
    just waiting here how the show goes on :trollface:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

"should have been" is only your opinion. Maybe they divided them out so people wouldn't have stuff forced on them that they complained about last time.
    Or maybe they divided them out for extra cash $20 game pack $10 stuff pack and we got a empty expansion funny you think they care about the players.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2017

Do you plan to make a bat bowling alley Cine? LOL

No, lol, but Maggie Evans may get snatched one night leaving the bowling alley, she goes back in to get her purse, the place closes, viola big bat in her head. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.