Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser is here! BOWLING and VAMPIRES!

Comments

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Alexai wrote: »
    As bowling alleys close across the country, The Sims team thinks this is the right time for a bowling alley game pack. So ahead of their time!

*Where you live.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope there's a new bowling trophy to add to my collection.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I don't really understand why some people see bowling as a "nightlife" activity, at least not exclusively (and to me personally, not at all). Bowling would be more of family thing to me or something teens can do instead of going to bars.
    It's not a 'Nightlife' activity per se, it's just been part of Sims 2 Nightlife so it's kinda like they split the EP's content into different packs (bowling, restaurants, vampires, etc.)

Ok, but instead of thinking about what pack the stuff came with in past iterations of the series, why not think about what you can do with it now? Most of us have played some or all of the past sims games and we will inevitably associate content with certain packs and it can be fun to reminisce, but this is TS4 - just go with it. If you do not like the content do not buy it, if you like it - YAY FOR YOU - have some fun. Critisism is important and I am not suggesting to shut any of it out but it just seems that people are limiting themselves with putting stuff in categories they really do not need to be in. I mean, look at Get-Together: Many people created clubs to keep the families together they had to split up over several households or Dine Out: I see families with kids all the time in the restaurants and they can draw on the cute little placemats! It is not limited to "Nightlife" in any way.
    We are simmers after all: creators and story-tellers. I am looking forward to reading and looking at all the great ideas the community will come up with (and already has) around the stuff that's just been announced.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited January 2017
    Not too worried about the vampires but if the pack contains furniture and decorations that came with Supernatural I'll be very happy. That had some of my favourite stuff for Sims3.

Hopefully they will have a toggle to eliminate vampires for those who are very vocal about not wanting them in their game.
  • Options
    I don't really understand why some people see bowling as a "nightlife" activity, at least not exclusively (and to me personally, not at all). Bowling would be more of family thing to me or something teens can do instead of going to bars.
    It's not a 'Nightlife' activity per se, it's just been part of Sims 2 Nightlife so it's kinda like they split the EP's content into different packs (bowling, restaurants, vampires, etc.)

Ok, but instead of thinking about what pack the stuff came with in past iterations of the series, why not think about what you can do with it now? Most of us have played some or all of the past sims games and we will inevitably associate content with certain packs and it can be fun to reminisce, but this is TS4 - just go with it. If you do not like the content do not buy it, if you like it - YAY FOR YOU - have some fun. Critisism is important and I am not suggesting to shut any of it out but it just seems that people are limiting themselves with putting stuff in categories they really do not need to be in. I mean, look at Get-Together: Many people created clubs to keep the families together they had to split up over several households or Dine Out: I see families with kids all the time in the restaurants and they can draw on the cute little placemats! It is not limited to "Nightlife" in any way.
    We are simmers after all: creators and story-tellers. I am looking forward to reading and looking at all the great ideas the community will come up with (and already has) around the stuff that's just been announced.

I know, right. People want the same things from past games but not exact repeats so it makes sense to divide them up and rearrange them for this version. We still get all the parts we love (or avoid if we didn't) in new ways. Win, win.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Well as long as a certain cousin doesn't call our sims every hour on the hour wanting to go bowling I'm good.

You don't want to go bowling with Roman?! But cousin!
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I hope there's a new bowling trophy to add to my collection.

Don't know why but now that you've said that I really hope bowling is a skill!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »
    Meh!

Get Together = Nightlife part 1
    Dine Out = Nightlife part 2
    City Living = Nightlife part 3
    Vampires = Nightlife part 4
    Bowling = Nightlife part 5

I used to be a supporter of the stuff packs because I felt like they were a good value. They are still pretty decent value but I feel like we are getting robbed in the expansion packs. Bowling should have been added to City Living. I would have rather seen bowling in city living than those pop up and disappearing festivals that last a few sim hours. At the very least could have added cars and made the food cart look less like a booth and more like a food truck.

I mean do the math on @andre1906 post. We are paying $130 dollars for one expansion in Sims 2 and it was still done better in 2. We had cars, Restaurant service was better to swapping seats or standing at other Sim's tables, bowling and skating and karaoke, vampires, proper dancing with sims, slow dancing.

I guess we will be paying for the dance moves next stuff pack. Key gameplay feature slow dancing...oh no wait...we still need a pool table...lol

Gaming companies are getting worse than drug dealers on the street. They know some of these games are like drugs to people and they have to get that next fix, I mean game. I know because I am a victim. Now that I am not playing as much because the drug isn't giving me the same high, I can start to see through all the fog and haze. I can finally start to detox from my Sim addiction...well Sims4...maybe...see what I mean..LMAO I was able to resist full price even the 25% sale but I broke with the 50% off sale of city living. :'( I really tried but I didn't think I would see a 50% off sale in a while and $20 is probably the actual worth of the pack.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the Vampire pack, this sims game iteration is basically made for immortal sims with nothing else to do but to party. lol Vampires actually makes sense.

This talk about venues makes me think about this idea: if they could patch in the ability to create our own venue types. That would be so cool. We could set our own requirements and which Npcs that would spawn and how many, and which sim ages and life states that is allowed. So you could make an alien specific lot etc. And also set the hours when sims are active on the lot. @SimGuruDrake
    I love this idea. ^^

You win comment and idea of the day!!! That would be spectacular!
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member
    The only thing I'm honestly looking forward to is the possibility of cemeteries and graveyards making a return (I hope that's what the gravestones indicate). Otherwise, I'm not really excited about this announcement. I also don't care for the idea of bowling having its own stuff pack (it could've easily been included in 'Get Together' or 'City Living'). I'd much rather see a sports themed game/expansion pack that features bowling, baseball, soccer, etc. At least it would include more things to do. Better yet, why not create a hobbies themed game/expansion pack that includes sports and other things? It seems like a complete waste to just make a stuff pack about bowling... they should at least include a bowling alley venue. There would be no point if they don't.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    This talk about venues makes me think about this idea: if they could patch in the ability to create our own venue types. That would be so cool. We could set our own requirements and which Npcs that would spawn and how many, and which sim ages and life states that is allowed. So you could make an alien specific lot etc. And also set the hours when sims are active on the lot. @SimGuruDrake
    YES YES YES. This should go in Ideas Corner. Like "Clubs" but for Venues.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    VAMPIRES!! imsquealing irl
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member

I didn't say I'm against that or anything, it's just an observation of the packs we got (and about to get) for this game... :sweat_smile:

I'm with you on that, I'd love to see what simmers do with the new content. :)

Now I really want to build a family restaurant in TS2... :p
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I didn't say I'm against that or anything, it's just an observation of the packs we got (and about to get) for this game... :sweat_smile:

I'm with you on that, I'd love to see what simmers do with the new content. :)

Now I really want to build a family restaurant in TS2... :p

Awesome, and as long as you are not trying to build a (family) restaurant in TS3, I think you'll be good :smiley:
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2017
    Exited for Vampire GP, a lot, especially with vampires with the ability for them to turn to bats! Hopefully it works like in TS2 rather than a 2 second interaction-animation, we'll see.

Bowling meh. Should not have been put into a SP. Just not worth it tbh. I don't see how I would want to buy a pack with a single gameplay object and it's bowling, it's very specific, idk.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    The only thing I'm honestly looking forward to is the possibility of cemeteries and graveyards making a return (I hope that's what the gravestones indicate). Otherwise, I'm not really excited about this announcement. I also don't care for the idea of bowling having its own stuff pack (it could've easily been included in 'Get Together' or 'City Living'). I'd much rather see a sports themed game/expansion pack that features bowling, baseball, soccer, etc. At least it would include more things to do. Better yet, why not create a hobbies themed game/expansion pack that includes sports and other things? It seems like a complete waste to just make a stuff pack about bowling... they should at least include a bowling alley venue. There would be no point if they don't.

Maybe it wasn't part of those packs because people like you didn't play with bowling, so, this way, those that want bowling can buy it and those that don't can avoid it.
  • Options
    Curls4LifeCurls4Life Posts: 70 Member
    Nice! Bowling! Get ready for rival bowling clubs duking it out every Friday night :smile:
    "Welcome...to bowling wars!"
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yep. It's a teaser alright. :D

• Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I really hope that we will get a new world with the vampire game pack, everybody seems to be talking about a new world with a dracula building. But is that confirmed or is there evidence?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Plus, now we can have bowling leagues (clubs)

I hope so. Singing didn't end up being a club activity, so I'm not assuming anything till packs are out.

Yes it is o.O. I have several clubs with singing as an activity. No mods for it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member

Maybe it wasn't part of those packs because people like you didn't play with bowling, so, this way, those that want bowling can buy it and those that don't can avoid it.

I never said I didn't play with bowling (I actually did in previous games). I'm just disappointed that it's going to be its own stuff pack when it could've easily been included with another pack. I think it would be fun to have my Sims bowl, but I'm not so sure if a $10 bowling pack is worth the price.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I'm excited looking forward to vampires and maybe a new town that is rumors for now.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2017
    So what do you think the new vampire world will be? Transimvania? :wink:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    edited January 2017
    Plus, now we can have bowling leagues (clubs)

I hope so. Singing didn't end up being a club activity, so I'm not assuming anything till packs are out.

Yes it is o.O. I have several clubs with singing as an activity. No mods for it.

It is indeed an activity, though I noticed that you can't boost the Singing skill as a club perk...
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Alexai wrote: »
    As bowling alleys close across the country, The Sims team thinks this is the right time for a bowling alley game pack. So ahead of their time!

*Where you live.

Mostly. Still some in more rural towns, but I live in a cluster of decently sized cities and I can't remember the last time I saw an open bowling alley.