Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser is here! BOWLING and VAMPIRES!

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2017
    chickenow wrote: »
    Nice!!

Bit surprised that Bowling is an SP....but then realistically what did Sims 2/3 bring to bowling to make it really unique? A bowling SP will introduce plenty of bowling centric clothes and decor rather than just one small part of an EP dedicated to it.

I wouldn't complain about having a bowling venue lot type....but do we need it?? Space is limited in the Sims 4 and although I hope for some lots to be made for my library it would be easier all round to be able to combine a bowling alley with a bar/diner.

Vamps I love! But the video didn't show too much for me to comment. Now with this I *am* hoping for a cemetery lot type for my deceased Sims/vampires/ghost/daredevil Sims to hang out!

I loved bowling in the sims 2. I loved how dependent on their body skill, it would determine how good at bowling they were. It was a great activity for families, couples or even friends who were going out on an outing.

You can bowl in the sims 3?? I've never tried this! Or seen it, must look out for it.

If they don't give us a bowling alley I think it will be a bit disappointing, I don't know anyone that has a bowling alley in their house lol

But I do agree about space. That's a problem.

Bowling in my opinion should have been added with either Get together or city living. At this rate attractions will be in a SP, so will cars, Turn ons and turn offs, Mrs Crumplebottom. Its becoming the store all over again.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm so glad that there seems to be a cemetery. Until now, I've been playing only with aging off for everyone only because I didn't want my sims' best friends and relatives in other households to be culled after their death. And I'm probably not alone, I guess. Hopefully it will be possible to play with aging on soon.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Plus, now we can have bowling leagues (clubs)
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm excited for bowling, our sims need more fun activities. Can't wait to see the awesome creations that are going to come from the stuff pack.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    You can bowl in the sims 3?? I've never tried this! Or seen it, must look out for it.
    It came with University Life. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I hope so. Singing didn't end up being a club activity, so I'm not assuming anything till packs are out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    I'm so glad that there seems to be a cemetery. Until now, I've been playing only with aging off for everyone only because I didn't want my sims' best friends and relatives in other households to be culled after their death. And I'm probably not alone, I guess. Hopefully it will be possible to play with aging on soon.

Not to burst your bubble, but all we have seen is tombstones. That doesn't mean there will be a graveyard (but I hope there is). Maybe the tombstones are for our vampires to visit their "graves".
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I wonder what makes bowling worthy of having its own stuff pack...

Well it's a whole new activity and probably a new venue type too. Plus there are so many decor items and Cas items they could include that are bowling related. They may even include another gameplay object (SPs usually come with two gameplay objects) such as the pool table! I am really looking forward to building my own bowling alley/arcade for my teens to hang out and have dates! It's one of the things I miss most from previous iterations

I understand that but why have us play $9.99 for something that has been included in expansion packs before? Meh, I guess it's a trend with TS4 series anyways.

@dorendia122 non sim related question, what anime is your signature gif from?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

WOW. I am glad you said this because I never would have thought about it! That is a great idea!
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    @keylimepiesims I was thinking that as well, though I agree that as others have said we already had one with GT. Maybe a claw machine instead with a chance to win money or collectibles?
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't really understand why some people see bowling as a "nightlife" activity, at least not exclusively (and to me personally, not at all). Bowling would be more of family thing to me or something teens can do instead of going to bars.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    It came with University Life. :)

Thank you! I will have to check this out later when I play!

• Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I think that we will probably get 50's clothes and objects with the stuff pack based on the persons in the background, but i don't think that we will get a new venue type. They already said that venues are to much for a stuff pack

I'm pretty sure they mean that they won't be building new venues for stuff packs (which to be fair makes sense). However it certainly wouldn't be a big ask to have a new venue type added.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    This teaser has me so excited! I really hope that the GP has a bunch of gothic inspired CAS and Build/Buy options, but preferably not in the ultra modern style that they had in Vintage Glamor. That would be the icing on top for me. :heart:
    And while I'm not the biggest fan of bowling, I'm hoping that some 50's, 60's, and 70's style stuff makes it into the pack. That would be super nifty. :D
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the Vampire pack, this sims game iteration is basically made for immortal sims with nothing else to do but to party. lol Vampires actually makes sense.

This talk about venues makes me think about this idea: if they could patch in the ability to create our own venue types. That would be so cool. We could set our own requirements and which Npcs that would spawn and how many, and which sim ages and life states that is allowed. So you could make an alien specific lot etc. And also set the hours when sims are active on the lot. @SimGuruDrake
    I love this idea. ^^
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    I don't really understand why some people see bowling as a "nightlife" activity, at least not exclusively (and to me personally, not at all). Bowling would be more of family thing to me or something teens can do instead of going to bars.
    It's not a 'Nightlife' activity per se, it's just been part of Sims 2 Nightlife so it's kinda like they split the EP's content into different packs (bowling, restaurants, vampires, etc.)
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    This is my first teaser video since getting the Sims 4 this past holiday sale, so I'm excited for both the vampires and bowling. I've always enjoyed the supernatural stuff in past Sims games, though I understand that some people prefer to focus on realism and everyday life and keep out the assorted vampires, witches, and aliens.

I wonder if there's any possibility of there being a sort of "vampire destination world" a la Granite Falls in Outdoor Retreat. Maybe a spooky little vampire enclave or explorable graveyard that sims can visit. I'd love a graveyard lot in general (I've already downloaded several from the Gallery just for the look) to dump all my urns and headstones on. I like being able to organize and sort of quarantine my dead--I like the fact that ghosts exist, but I'd rather they not break all the toilets and gorge on refrigerated gourmet food while my sims are trying to sleep.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I was already super happy about getting vampires again, so bowling is just a bonus :joy: Im super excited to learn more about both packs. Hopefully there will be some more information soon :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    spotharris wrote: »
    We got the arcade machine in GT. Though I wouldn't mind a smaller one, it would seem like a bland gameplay object for those who have GT. Especially if they use the same animations/game images. Maybe if they add 3 gameplay objects I won't be as sour if it is an arcade machine. Slushie machine would be great, also a big popcorn machine but same as the arcade machine, we already got that little one in Movie Hangout Stuff.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that! And we also got the games console in CL, so another arcade machine isn't likely then. Maybe a gumball machine and a slushee machine then? Who knows.

Hmm... I could see them re-skinning anything we've already had if it fits the theme of the pack. Would certainly be a cheap way to add more content and Plum knows they did it enough with TS3.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    patsyspink wrote: »
    This teaser has me so excited! I really hope that the GP has a bunch of gothic inspired CAS and Build/Buy options, but preferably not in the ultra modern style that they had in Vintage Glamor. That would be the icing on top for me. :heart:
    And while I'm not the biggest fan of bowling, I'm hoping that some 50's, 60's, and 70's style stuff makes it into the pack. That would be super nifty. :D

We already have a lot of Queen Anne and Victorian styles of furniture so I think we may get recolors of existing stuff.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    The vampiric stuff seems good, especially the bat! I don't care much for bowling, but I think there are simmers wanting it so good for them.
  • Options
    I'm a bit nervous now actually... Cause at first I was excited about the vampires returning, as it's one of my fave life states, but I've been quite disappointed with some of the previous packs so I'm anxious that they won't be implemented well... :/
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Well as long as a certain cousin doesn't call our sims every hour on the hour wanting to go bowling I'm good.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    The vampiric stuff seems good, especially the bat! I don't care much for bowling, but I think there are simmers wanting it so good for them.

This won't happen, but I picture a vampire out bowling and just before he lets go, he turns into a bat and gets rolled down the alley with the ball.