Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser is here! BOWLING and VAMPIRES!

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So vampires and bowling that should of been in City Living are now sold separately got to love Sims 4.

"should have been" is only your opinion. Maybe they divided them out so people wouldn't have stuff forced on them that they complained about last time.

Its true people complain about vampires but I don't know any simmer that complained about bowling. I would love to think they are doing this for the reason its to give people choice about their game but the truth is if you want gothic items and the new pack contains that, you have to buy it even if you don't want the life state.

I tend to think that as a business EA are going down the "milk it until its dry" street. Butlers came with a stuff pack, movies came with a stuff pack, hot tubs came with a stuff pack. Previously these were items that came as part of an expansion pack. Now we are getting individual items and being charged if we want those things. Why do that? Put them in a expansion and stop ripping off fans.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Alexai wrote: »
    As bowling alleys close across the country, The Sims team thinks this is the right time for a bowling alley game pack. So ahead of their time!

*Where you live.

Mostly. Still some in more rural towns, but I live in a cluster of decently sized cities and I can't remember the last time I saw an open bowling alley.

That's funny, I live in West London and there are still quite a few bowling alleys.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »
    When are they going to announce a Cars Game Pack? That's the missing part.

woMq49b.png

Kind of true :( Exept Late Night didn't have bowling but it had celebrities and band making. Nightlife didn't have band making but it had bowling and cars.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,601 Member
    More excited about vampires tbh than bowling. But it's something.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    If cemeteries do come, which looks likely given the new grave stones, then I want the ability to host funerals there!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    So vampires and bowling that should of been in City Living are now sold separately got to love Sims 4.

"should have been" is only your opinion. Maybe they divided them out so people wouldn't have stuff forced on them that they complained about last time.
    Or maybe they divided them out for extra cash $20 game pack $10 stuff pack and we got a empty expansion funny you think they care about the players.

People usually complain about what they see in others because it reminds them of what they see in themselves.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited January 2017
    Aine wrote: »
    This talk about venues makes me think about this idea: if they could patch in the ability to create our own venue types. That would be so cool. We could set our own requirements and which Npcs that would spawn and how many, and which sim ages and life states that is allowed. So you could make an alien specific lot etc. And also set the hours when sims are active on the lot. @SimGuruDrake
    YES YES YES. This should go in Ideas Corner. Like "Clubs" but for Venues.
    Yes. It's kinda obvious tbh. I have alot more ideas where that came from. ;)

Putting things in the idea corner is kinda discouraging. You never know if anyone ever cares about the ideas or if the devs even reads them.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2017
    If bowling alleys come with a venue then I hope it's "Arcade" (more generic) rather than specifically "Bowling Alley" - Arcades should push sims to play games and be social. There are multiple other things that could be added to an arcade, like the GT game or the gaming rigs. Maybe they'll include more 50's games/activities, such as pinball machines, proper vending machines, perhaps even photobooths.

Cemeteries are another possible venue type, though hopefully these will be patched to base (because sims die in the base game). I feel like having cemetery as part of a "destination" would make it awkward to place your dead there, or visit their graves.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Didn't know I wanted bowling until now!

See, this is what I'm worried about: the immense power of advertising. I've already experienced the same thing with the sims, but for the sake of not waving goodbye to all my money and keeping the game running smoothly on my mid-end laptop, I've luckily learnt to be selective these days as to which add-ons I, well, add.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Its true people complain about vampires but I don't know any simmer that complained about bowling. I would love to think they are doing this for the reason its to give people choice about their game but the truth is if you want gothic items and the new pack contains that, you have to buy it even if you don't want the life state.

I tend to think that as a business EA are going down the "milk it until its dry" street. Butlers came with a stuff pack, movies came with a stuff pack, hot tubs came with a stuff pack. Previously these were items that came as part of an expansion pack. Now we are getting individual items and being charged if we want those things. Why do that? Put them in a expansion and stop ripping off fans.

Though we could see different ways of "dealing" with the life state -- they could add an on/off switch (either now or down the road when they add more occult states like witches), or you could delete or "de-vamp" all the pre-made vampires if they set it so the game doesn't randomly spawn new ones or turn existing unplayed households randomly (one of my biggest problems with supernaturals in Sims 3 is that the townies would be randomly changed into assorted supernaturals -- I'd go visit Marty Keaton and he'd be a vampire, for example). That way you could have the build objects but don't have to worry about vampires in your game.

I actually prefer having items split off from EPs and into GPs and SPs. For example, say you wanted the city world of San Myshuno but it had vampires, and you're a teen whose parents are totally opposed to any sort of occult. You'd never be able to play that EP. It also enabled the game to focus on other non-nighttime aspects of city life -- festivals, street art, protests, etc. Butlers really didn't fit in City Living either except for the high-end penthouse, because unlike Late Night we didn't get a celebrity system (which could come in a potential Superstar pack).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    More excited about vampires tbh than bowling. But it's something.

ROFL, love your avatar. Made my day. Reminds me of someone close to me...now who is that? Oh, yeah, reminds me of me. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I think that we will probably get 50's clothes and objects with the stuff pack based on the persons in the background, but i don't think that we will get a new venue type. They already said that venues are to much for a stuff pack

I'm pretty sure they mean that they won't be building new venues for stuff packs (which to be fair makes sense). However it certainly wouldn't be a big ask to have a new venue type added.

Romantic Garden had a venue (albeit one I wasn't particularly fond of) but if they don't there are usually a handful which are built on the Maxis Creator_01 profile which usually posts Sims/Rooms/Lots featured in the trailers.
  • Options
    MiltuMiltu Posts: 34 Member
    I'm pretty excited! I don't know about the bowling one, sports have never been my thing in Sims, but omg the vampires! I will buy the GP in the same day when it gets released here in Europe! I want to have a large vampire family with interesting history.. oh my i got so many ideas! :smiley:
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member

According to that, the bowling lanes will be 15x3.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I'm pretty excited for the Vampire pack. Ts4 really needs some darkness and mystery added to it and hopefully they finally add a fear emotion.

As for the bowling pack I am pretty surprise, I didn't see this coming but I'm not complaining. I'm always look forward to content that can help make each venue different from each other. I don't have much hope for a new venue type but I don't really see it happening but i do have two bars in my game and both are pretty similair so turning one into a bowling alley will be great. As for it being in a SP instead of an EP I'm not bothered by it as I don't see it as an essential feature that needs to be tied with a EP. In fact I think I think it has less reason for concern than butlers did. Real item for concern hot tubs!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited for the Vampire pack. Ts4 really needs some darkness and mystery added to it and hopefully they finally add a fear emotion.

As for the bowling pack I am pretty surprise, I didn't see this coming but I'm not complaining. I'm always look forward to content that can help make each venue different from each other. I don't have much hope for a new venue type but I don't really see it happening but i do have two bars in my game and both are pretty similair so turning one into a bowling alley will be great. As for it being in a SP instead of an EP I'm not bothered by it as I don't see it as an essential feature that needs to be tied with a EP. In fact I think I think it has less reason for concern than butlers did. Real item for concern hot tubs!

I'm kinda worried that they will never add the fear emotion tbh. It would be kinda sad to have vampires and scary stuff and not having sims acknowledging that by feeling fear. I think fear should be patched in, too. Sims dying from being terrified is something I can get behind. LOL
    But I honestly don't think they give it to us, just as I think they won't bother to patch in custom venues, or cars.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »

please oh please let there be a new emotion!

tumblr_lq3ashzqJl1qht847.gif

• Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I noticed this quarter seems to have broken the cycle of SP SP GP SP SP EP. Between CL and the Vampires GP, there will only be one SP, Vintage Glamour. I wonder if this means there will be a slightly different cycle this year?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    If cemeteries do come, which looks likely given the new grave stones, then I want the ability to host funerals there!

THIS. It is ridiculous that funerals weren't included in the base game! Death is a part of life and we must be given proper ways to honor people's lives.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I think that we will probably get 50's clothes and objects with the stuff pack based on the persons in the background, but i don't think that we will get a new venue type. They already said that venues are to much for a stuff pack

I'm pretty sure they mean that they won't be building new venues for stuff packs (which to be fair makes sense). However it certainly wouldn't be a big ask to have a new venue type added.

Romantic Garden had a venue (albeit one I wasn't particularly fond of) but if they don't there are usually a handful which are built on the Maxis Creator_01 profile which usually posts Sims/Rooms/Lots featured in the trailers.

I don't really like being forced into certain requirements to build a venue. I'd prefer being able to place the objects on any lot type and have unplayed Sims actually use them autonomously. So I could have a bar with bowling in the basement, or a kids/teens hangout with an arcade along with bowling and maybe a small dance floor/DJ booth. If, say, we had the bowling venue and a bar was a requirement, that would detract from my child/teen hangout idea. Or maybe I'd want to add a small bowling center to one of the parks; I have a basement area under the community center at the park in Oasis Springs, and a bowling alley might make a nice addition.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Didn't know I wanted bowling until now!

See, this is what I'm worried about: the immense power of advertising. I've already experienced the same thing with the sims, but for the sake of not waving goodbye to all my money and keeping the game running smoothly on my mid-end laptop, I've luckily learnt to be selective these days as to which add-ons I, well, add.

I'm not sure what you mean? Content comes out and I ether like it or not. Didn't care for butlers but I'm looking forward to bowling. Doesn't really mean I'm susceptible to advertising as such?
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    I don't even know what to think about these bowling lanes. Here is a visual of how massive 15x3 is....

tumblr_ojdna5fioR1vz82dto1_1280.png
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    I don't really understand why some people see bowling as a "nightlife" activity, at least not exclusively (and to me personally, not at all). Bowling would be more of family thing to me or something teens can do instead of going to bars.

Here bowling alleys, and bowling stracks of shoppings / commercial center, open at late afternoon / night
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

THIS. It is ridiculous that funerals weren't included in the base game! Death is a part of life and we must be given proper ways to honor people's lives.

Could the commentaries (as a lot type) be patched in like the lot traits before City Living? Or does that only happen with EPs and not GPs?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Could the commentaries (as a lot type) be patched in like the lot traits before City Living? Or does that only happen with EPs and not GPs?

Technically, death and life are separate, one ends, the other begins.