Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @AlexaKry Thanks so much for the comments!
    That little one could be spoiled with everyone wanting to hold her, cuddle her, play with her or just move her from one baby mat to crib and back again. lol I've been hitting the x out a lot lately!
    I was glad it was a girl as I had not picked out a name for a boy because I'm having trouble mixing up Victor and Gardenia's names. I've got a few that are ok...Garric, Ricardo, Tarvic, Garvic, Rorgar, Vigor, Denvic. I'll probably go with Garric if they have a boy in the future. Ricardo is a name too close to someone in my real life to feel comfortable using.
    It is hard to imagine when I started this story it was just to test a lighting mod in Midnight Hollow. It grew on its own as I fell in love with the characters.
    I hope to have another chapter up this weekend. I'm working some, but, not a busy schedule. I've got most of the pictures and just need to write it up.
  • Options

Adam's Quest

After breakfast Wisteria sits down on the sofa and falls fast asleep exhausted from her interrupted sleep and exciting night. Victor and Nickolas talk getting to know each other better. They find they have some old friends in common from days long ago when both were involved in the council although they both served in different areas and that is why they never met. Adam, Rafe, Autumn and Dedric sit at the table and discuss where to look for more hidden areas to access the tunnels underground. They cannot search Marshall and Jennifer's place since they are resting. They will search Dedric and Wisteria's again, as well as the rest of the main house just to be sure there are no more hidden doors, bookcases or other funny walls.
    49301192831_ec3d9c99d7_b.jpg
    49323322527_546c80702b_b.jpg

Gardenia and Anastasia enjoy getting to know each other finding they have much in common beyond Alice and Adam and babies. They are both avid gardeners and enjoy discussing the benefits of fish fertilizer as well as the prizes they have each won over the years. Anastasia wants to know how Gardenia stays so youthful in appearance. Gardenia promises to send a couple of bottles of her elixir to her and Nickolas. "Alice is not skilled enough to make that particular potion yet."
    49323110276_f831314575_b.jpg

Jennifer wakes up, jumps out of bed and screams loudly waking Marshall out of a sound sleep.
    49301192771_82b0823443_b.jpg

Gardenia suddenly excuses herself telling the others. "Jennifer is having the baby." She runs across the lawn and enters the house and performs the spell protecting mother and child during labor.
    49300706103_206555161d_b.jpg

When she gets back to the main house she takes Kailena upstairs to the nursery, changes her diaper and rocks with her enjoying having a baby in her arms again. Kailena coos and smiles happily as Gardenia softly sings the lullabies she used to sing to Alice as a babe.
    49323110851_f9df91a8c3_b.jpg

Marshall reacts appropriately after being awakened by his screaming wife, screaming along with her as he panics briefly.
    49300706158_ddbc6e80b2_b.jpg

The calming spell from Gardenia takes effect quickly though and soon the baby is ready to be born.
    49301192576_369e47c95a_b.jpg

Jennifer wraps her son in a blue blanket swaddling him so he doesn't chill. She snuggles him in her arms and turns him to show Marshall their beautiful son.
    49300705953_e2595b8f9e_b.jpg
    49300705888_55ffef075c_b.jpg

Marshall has tears running down his face as he looks at his son and his wife. "I've never been more blessed than this moment! I love you both so much and I feel like my heart will explode from joy."
    Jennifer hands the baby to Marshall. "Wait until you hold him. I'm just overflowing with love for this child and you right now."
    Marshall takes the babe in his arms and marvels at his and Jennifer's son. So tiny, so perfect. "He has the sweetest smile. Wonder what he is thinking?"
    49300705803_2936035428_b.jpg
    49300705738_d343147629_b.jpg

Jennifer calls her parents to tell them the good news about the baby as well as about Adam and Alice's baby. She chats with Maggie (Marshall's sister) as well as Joseph,(her brother) as they are visiting with her parents. They send their love and hope they can come visit soon so they can meet the baby.
    49301400497_b007c96e7e_b.jpg

Marshall and Jennifer bring the baby over to the main house to introduce their son. The others had decided to wait until after the baby was born to go exploring.
    Marshall proudly introduces Drew Flynn. Everyone gathers around excited about meeting the baby.
    Alice looks at the baby and recites a soft spell. "Drew is a werewolf. He will grow up strong and be a protector of all those he loves."
    Alice looks over at Wisteria. "Your turn, are you feeling anything yet? Back pain, cramping?
    Wisteria turns pale and giggles nervously. "Nope, not a thing yet. I think it is still a bit early for me.
    49323322457_c2d038c9a6_b.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    A little werewolfe, congratulations! Be prepared for broken furniture! :D
    Victor and Nickolas getting along quite well is great, I wonder how old they are and what their eyes have seen during these days...
    Jennifer was really brave, changing clothes during giving birth to her son is astonishing. :p
    Such a sweet picture with Marshall holding his son, adorable.
    It´s a wonder that Rafe didn´t go to explore the tunnels during he waiting for the baby. ;)
    One more baby on the way.
    Great update!!!
  • Options

@alexakry Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:
    I'm actually excited about werewolf toddlers since this will be a first for me.
    I wish there was a way to stop them trying to go to the hospital! I much prefer watching my sims moan and scream and panic! lol
    Rafe is getting antsy and wants to get the show on the road with exploring.
  • Options
    Oh yes, the push to go to the hospital!
    Stella was giving birth at Northeney and she was pushed to the hospital: unfortunately Northeney is car-less, so she went to the underground station which I´ve build next to their house, took the underground to the center of the town and was walking around half an hour to the hospital! And I just sat there with my mouth wide open in disbelieve! And Tyler who accomponied her was waiting in front of the hospital for her and his needs dropped in the reds!
    And then they were teleported back home because the baby couldn´t take the underground....

Werewolf toddlers like to scratch the funiture, Haldir´s brother-in-law is a werewolf so some of his nieces and nephews are werewolves and Hendrik and Argus (Haldir´s brother and brother-in-law) have a lot of destroyed furniture, because if the toddlers are bored they scratch it! It so sweet! :D

Poor Rafe, so much to discover but still not allowed to explore! :D
  • Options

@AlexaKry Oh my! That is just too much about Stella's experience! Poor Tyler getting stressed waiting on her and his needs dropped.
    I actually restarted my save with Alice and Adam as they ran off to the hospital while I was setting up shots with the other sims and I didn't realize it until I put the camera back on Alice and she's inside the hospital. Thank goodness I had saved right after I sent them to bed.
    Rafe finally got to start the explorations in my game yesterday! Pics made, but no story written up yet. He's gonna get frustrated again. LOL
    Thank goodness Adam is rich enough to buy new furniture if the were toddlers are gonna ruin it!
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @bekkasan , I'm glad you have a story thread for this story because I had some catching up to do! I love the Arboretum being used as a portal to the Fairy Realm, and all the colourful trees and flowers on the Fairy side.
    Congratulations on the babies. And you managed to catch both of them winking! :smile:
    The screenshot of Gardenia casting the protective spell while Alice is giving birth is so gorgeous!
    In the screenshots of Victor taking group photos, did you use a pose for Victor as well or is it possible to have a sim who isn't a paparazzo hold a camera in game? This is something I've been trying to figure out!
  • Options

@PalmArrow Thanks so much for your comments. Glad to know you are enjoying the story. I hope you are having a great start to the new year.
    Yes, Victor is posed doing those shots. I don't think there is any other way of doing it in game that I am aware of. here at MTS, if you, or any else is interested in them. She has some of the most natural looking poses to use in game with sims.
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Rafe finally gets his searchers organized, and sends them out into the compound hunting for hidden doors, fake bookcases or walls. Marshall and Adam are assigned to the towers and search diligently. They check each level of the towers thoroughly, knocking on walls and searching for hidden levers or loose rocks that might be hiding a lever. The last two levels have a pole as the only access to the top. Adam and Marshall easily shimmy up the pole and reach the top of the tower. They both enjoy looking out across the land. The view from this tower is incredible. Adam sends a text to Rafe, no secrets in the towers.
    49339913323_8f9fe0e06e_o.jpg
    49339912303_0bd954f543_o.jpg
    49340365721_c860aaa655_o.jpg
    49339912253_8b6e9bdac9_o.jpg

Anastasia and Nickolas are gathering their things and preparing to go back home. Gardenia turns to them and asks them to stay for dinner. "I would love more time to get to know you." They agree they can stay for dinner. The twins are on a school trip and they don't have to rush home for them.
    "We will stay, but you must let me help with dinner." Anastasia tells her.
    They walk into the kitchen and start fixing the meal, chatting away like two old friends. They also make plans to meet up later as Gardenia plans to stay until Dedric and Wisteria's baby is born.
    49339913348_cb33de5599_o.jpg

Wisteria and Jennifer set the tables and then go to the greenhouse to collect a few fruits and cheeses to have on hand for snacks later.
    49340366691_2e48b7a0e8_o.jpg

Victor and Nickolas each grab a baby so they don't have to participate in the search. They sit on the couch and talk while cuddling the babies. Nickolas curls his lip as his granddaughter begins to fret and he realizes she needs a diaper change. He looks around the room and everyone else has disappeared and his wife is cooking. He gulps and hopes he has not forgotten how to change a diaper.
    49340590112_644ceb7e29_o.jpg

Alice and Autumn are searching the third floor. They have gone room by room knocking on walls and checking for any loose stones or hidden levers and found nothing unusual. They also check the area on the second floor where Alice has her alchemy workstation and Adam and Dedric's science equipment. Nothing there. Autumn texts Rafe that the main house is cleared.
    49340590067_d68ab35e22_o.jpg
    49340366516_304e64ebcb_o.jpg

Rafe and Dedric search his house again just to be sure there are no other hidden areas. They move to Jennifer and Marshall's place and begin the search downstairs moving quickly upstairs as the rooms are fairly small.
    49340366596_d94350ca43_o.jpg
    49340589882_7c782ac630_o.jpg

Dedric checks out the bookcase, while Rafe checks the fireplace. He discovers a false panel of fake books. He pulls the lever inside and the bookcase opens into the wall. Rafe follows him into the opening.
    49340366396_c149134893_o.jpg
    49340589642_d680f3be20_o.jpg
    49340589462_4b9d737dcb_o.jpg

"Great job Dedric!" Rafe exclaims. "I guess Marshall and Jennifer are not big readers either."
    Dedric laughs. "They would rather write and they keep their books downstairs near the computers."
    Rafe's phone rings and he answers. "Yes, Dedric is with me." Yes, we will be there." He hangs up the phone.
    "That was Gardenia. Dinner is ready. She expects us in 15 minutes. I guess we are going to have to wait until later to get the search underway."
    Dedric claps him on the shoulder. "You will get your exploring done eventually. It's not going anywhere."
    "True, and it is great seeing everyone and Gardenia is an awesome cook."
    They walk back through the panel and downstairs and over to the main house to join the others for dinner.
    49340589417_d8ec699dc3_o.jpg
    49340589367_b0a95eb508_o.jpg

Everyone gathers for a delicious dinner prepared by Gardenia and Anastasia. Victor and Rafe sit at the island counter even though there was room at the table for them, but Gardenia placed their plates over there. Rafe reminds everyone that another hidden corridor has been found and he would like to start exploring after breakfast in the morning. They all agree that they will meet up at Marshall and Jennifer's place after breakfast. After the late dinner they are all tired from the very long day. Nickolas and Anastasia return home. The others head to their respective rooms for a good nights rest.
    49340365696_537760c60b_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan : great update!
    I love the look on the face of Adam when he climbs the pole! And the simultaneously hand clapping is a perfect shot!! :D They clearly seem to enjoy the view!
    Poor Rafe, stopped again! How hard this must have been for him: wanting something to explore but being stopped by the situation of the arriving of the babies! ;)
    Hehe, the grandfathers hoping to get away from the tasks and discovering that the babies need to be worked on, too. Nickolas´face is priceless! :D
    Looking forwars for a fairy baby now!
    And I´m curious what Rafe will discover!
  • Options
    @AlexaKry Thanks so much for the comments.
    Sometimes we do luck up and hit that c button at just the right time!
    lol Nickolas face was perfect with his lip curling just before she started crying.
    I was like what is wrong with him, but clicked the button anyway.
    Hopefully Rafe will get to go exploring soon. :smiley:
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Marshall and Jennifer settle Drew in his crib. They are very happy and Marshall already thinks they should try for another. Jennifer laughs and tells him he gets to carry and have the next baby. "I want to start my career in Journalism before I have another."
    Marshall laughs and tells her he would do it if he could. "Whenever you are ready my love. I understand you have always wanted that career in journalism and have put off starting it so we could move with Adam and then you got pregnant so quickly after we arrived. I'm lucky with my writing I can be a stay at home Dad."
    Jennifer hugs his neck. "Yes, it is perfect and once I've got things going in the career we can try for another."
    49367787996_399f16ac1e_o.jpg

Adam and Alice hold hands as they watch Kailena drift off to sleep. Her little eyes fluttering to stay open and watch her parents watching her.
    "I think she looks just like you except for her hair. Her eyes are alight with curiosity. She watches everything around her. You do the same thing." Alice pokes at Adam teasing him about his curiosity and his need to know how everything works and read every book that crosses his path.
    "She seems to be perfectly happy and easy going. Who does she get that from? Not from me or you that is for sure." Adam laughs as he teases her back. Alice does not get upset as she knows she is excitable and Adam is moody at times.
    "Well, Dad is pretty easy going if he is not riled up about someone messing with someone he loves. Mom is very laid back and has a very happy nature. But, perhaps from your Mom or Dad too. We need to ask Nickolas and Anastasia what they were like personality wise."
    49368001822_c930e83d25_o.jpg

Victor wakes up very thirsty and finds Gardenia in the kitchen. He takes enough to hold him until he can find some plasma fruit. They forgot to pack some and he did not find any in the fridge. Perhaps Rafe and Autumn brought some with them.
    49367787626_9ba89334c0_o.jpg
    49368001417_e92bf81ae8_o.jpg

Wisteria wakes and arrives at the main house and Victor invites her to sit next to him as they wait for the others to arrive. "I should help with the cooking." she tells him.
    "Gardenia is in her element. If she needed help she would ask. Tell me about yourself. How did you end up in Moonlight Falls? I'm so very happy for you and Dedric. He is a good man and had been waiting a long time to find you."
    She feels very comfortable talking with Victor and her shyness goes away as she enthusiastically talks about finding Dedric and how her life was finally made complete. "I was drawn to leave the Realm but did not understand why at the time. I felt the pull to go to Moonlight Falls and followed that pull. I was there for over a year as I learned how to live in the world outside the Realm. I expect the Fates wanted me to be there waiting for Dedric."
    49367326638_99ee7c3253_o.jpg

After breakfast the large group meets upstairs in Marshall's house and they go through the bookcase into the hidden corridor beyond.
    49368001057_bcd1bf6fea_o.jpg

Wisteria and Gardenia chat as they hold the babies. Wisteria is feeling much more comfortable around Alice's parents now and admires her Mom and asks her lots of questions about magic and witchcraft. "Will you use that spell to help ease the baby's passage into the world for me?"
    "I will," Gardenia smiles at her as she looks around the room. "I think those statues from the room downstairs could be set in those alcoves above the fireplace. The alcoves need something in them and since they are a part of this property it would be a good idea to display them."
    "That is a great idea." reflects Wisteria. "I expect it will take a combined effort to hoist them up there. Between the vampire and werewolf strength and fairy and witch magic though we should be able to accomplish it. I know Rafe was able to move them by himself from one side of the room to the other."
    49368001117_c3a5872f04_o.jpg

The group travels down the short corridors and two ladders and finally reach a dark corridor with stone walls. "We are underground now." Rafe tells the group. The corridor is short and blocked by a rock fall. They can just see above the rocks a lighter area that hopefully is a room. "The axe should easily take care of these rocks." He lifts the axe over his head and smashes two of the rocks blocking the way. They can see there is a room ahead of them but cannot enter it as the last rock is still blocking the way. Rafe disposes of the last rock.
    49367326203_8cc7b784d4_o.jpg
    49368000887_e7fced5d34_o.jpg
    49367786771_b5c4efc519_o.jpg

With the last rock out of the way everyone rushes forward to view the room they were able to just glimpse over the rocks. They gaze about in amazement of what is underneath their home, hidden away for many years, perhaps centuries. Hopefully Rafe can help them unravel this mystery.
    49367325523_63fe64bbe9_o.jpg
    49369264767_73970ffd88_o.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @bekkasan I had a lot to catch up on but it was worth it because I find the mystery of the house so intriguing and YAY babies!! I love seeing Rafe and Autumn in your stories and he looks so handsome swinging that ax. The picture of Victor and Gardenia kissing Alice's cheeks is really adorable. Such a gorgeous family. It's nice to see the living room full with so many people. That tunnel kind of looks scary so I don't think I would be walking in it alone lol. How funny that it leads into Dedric and Wisteria's room! I'm sure they have been too busy doing other things to check out the books haha.

Hmm I didn't think there were any rocks that were stronger than the ax. I wonder what's behind there. Looks like they will be awakening Bonehilda in the future though. I love how you mention their conversation being about babies three times during Gardenia's meal. The colourful cot in Alice and Adam's room is so cute. Ahh it's happening! I love Gardenia's bed hair. Aww a little girl is born. It will be interesting to see were and witch genes mix together. Kailena is a beautiful name and lovely connection back to Kailon and Helena. I hope Jennifer and the baby are healthy.

It's like the house is one big treasure hunt. It would be so cool to discover hidden doors and switches. I'm very interested in Gardenia's youthful aging potion lol. Ahh it's happening again! I love how Gardenia always rushes to perform her spells. It's a boy this time. Drew is such a handsome name. Now all eyes are on Wisteria! Seeing two werewolf toddlers getting into mischief together will be so cute.

That view from the tower is so pretty with all the glittering stars. I laughed at Nickolas' face when he realises that Kailena needs a nappy change. I love all the fireplaces in this house. There's one that looks like it's kind of got a castle built into it, is that cc? Ahh another fake bookcase. Can you imagine living in a house so big that you need 15 minutes notice to get back and have dinner.

Marshall is very keen to get started on another baby! I think Jennifer needs some time to heal and career fulfillment first. I love Alice's description of Kailena watching and being very aware of her surroundings. I think the Fates also wanted Wisteria to experience life outside the Realm and learn to live among different people. Her meeting Dedric happened at the perfect time when they were both ready. I think having the statues in the alcoves would look awesome. I just love seeing Rafe swing that mighty ax :love:

Ooh this is an interesting room. I see some old treasure chests and parchment scrolls at the end of the room. Looks like meetings were held there. Perhaps elves used to use this house for some unknown purpose. You have me intrigued as always! :smiley:
  • Options
    @coco Thanks so much for commenting. :smile: I hope you are doing well. Missed ya!
    I put a few of the really large non WA rocks blocking some of the tunnels down there to prevent passage on purpose. They would require blasting. Or I guess Gardenia and Alice could do a rock blasting spell to get rid of them. :wink:
    I would love to have an old rambling house and find little alcoves or passageways and hidden treasures in it...or would be fun to hide stuff for future generations to find.
    The big fireplace in the living room is the only cc one. That is one of Severinka's. All the other fireplaces are from the game just don't remember which EP's or store stuff. I can check later this afternoon though.
    It is a meeting room of sorts and hopefully as they explore and read the books and scrolls they will discover the mystery of it soon.
    I saw on the news that it was supposed to rain yesterday in some of the areas that are being ravaged by fires. That will be a blessing and hopefully will stop many of the fires. I saw a bunch of people were arrested for starting fires. Shame we are too civilized to toss them out into the middle of the fire ravaged areas.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Had a catch up with the story :smile: Congratulations to Jennifer on the baby :smile:

The discovery of the room under their house reminds me of an old children's book called 'The secret staircase' which was about these mice who visit a mansion house in a tree (where mice live I guess) and two mice find a key to a door which takes them up the tree:

Bramly-Hedge-Book-Bundle-Four-Seasons-The.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks so much for commenting. I do remember those books and reading them to my son. I read lots of fantasy books growing up and I think that is why I love the fantasy side of the Sims so much.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan My favorite part is when it shows the inside of the tree and I used to look at all of the tunnels. I used to like 'cut away drawings' like that when I was younger which is where I got some early ideas for The Sims from :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Rafe cautiously enters the room and conducts a quick search urging the others to stay back for a moment. He determines there is at least one trap nearby. He has cleared most of the rock slide where they entered the room. The remaining rocks need to remain in place to stabilize that wall. There is another area of collapse across the room. Rafe doesn't sense any imminent danger for another collapse and allows everyone into the room. He asks them to sit at the chairs and goes over some basic tomb safety since they are all newbies at searching tombs. He also advises them on how to catalogue and photograph the relics. They want to accurately document everything in place before picking up any of the fascinating books and relics. Alice, Autumn, Victor and Dedric have photography experience, so they split up the room to take the initial pictures.
    49367785876_b572868579_o.jpg
    49367324728_edaa780462_o.jpg

Rafe wants to disarm the trap before he allows anyone to take pictures or examine the artifacts. He asks Adam and Marshall to see if they can sense where the trap is. Using their werewolf senses they eagerly search the room sniffing here and there until they both discover the location. Rafe watches with pride as they both easily detect the exact spot in the rock floor at the archway. He explains to them how to make it visible and then disarm the device. Adam and Marshall play 'rock paper scissors' to see who gets first crack at disarming the trap. Adam wins two out of three when scissors beat paper. Marshall was a bit disgusted with himself. He usually wins at this game.
    49408509673_506ae9ded1_o.jpg
    49409186217_0bb75d9d55_o.jpg
    49409186147_948e66be04_o.jpg
    49408984991_19c831b6f9_o.jpg

They determine the trap is a fire one and Rafe explains the dangers involved in disarming the variety of traps that he has encountered. Keeping a shower in a can becomes a must for an explorer dealing with fire traps. Autumn has some in her backpack, so they are covered. Fire is very deadly to vampires. She is always prepared. He explains to Adam and Marshall, who is listening and watching but standing out of the way, how to find the circuits which must be done by touch. It will get easier each time they disarm one of the traps as they will learn exactly what to do and how to feel when the connections are severed. Adam eventually finds the circuits and breaks the connections with Rafes patient coaching. He gives Rafe an excited high five when the trap is disarmed.
    49367999592_9f8a65358b_o.jpg
    49367785531_f7f0a5a8f0_o.jpg

Gardenia and Wisteria are busy working together in the kitchen preparing food for later in the day. As they work, they talk, enjoying each others company. Both ladies are avid gardeners and Gardenia gives Wisteria some tips for growing some of the more unusual plants like the plasma fruit needed to help sustain vampires if the vampire prefers not to feed off humans. They prepare a variety of meals so that everyone has plenty of choices. Autumn had some plasma juice and fruit in her supplies and left them in the fridge for them to use. They put together a couple of meals with the fruit. Wisteria saves the seeds for planting and will use Gardenia's tips to ensure a successful growth.
    49369050056_4c30c4db7d_o.jpg
    49368588478_b938015422_o.jpg

Jennifer follows Alice as she photographs the area with the books and scrolls. Once the photographs are taken Jennifer catalogues them in one of the notebooks Autumn handed out. Most are in Elvish, and she does not know that language. A few are written in old Simlish and she can understand that just fine. Jennifer wants to sit and read, but continues cataloguing until all are accounted for. She notices Rafe is finished working with Adam and Marshall and calls him over explaining about the books and scrolls that are in Elvish. "Hmmm," he muses, "I definitely don't want to haul the books back home. They really should stay here. Would you like to learn the Elvish language?"
    "Well sure." Jennifer replies, "That will take years though, it is an extraordinarily complicated language to speak, let alone read."
    "Not the way I do it." he explains.
    49409737523_a1774ed13e_o.jpg
    49409737353_f28b96f62e_o.jpg

Rafe checks Jennifer's mind to be sure she can handle the information he will transmit. He places one hand on her head and holds her hand with his other. "Ready?" he asks.
    "Yes, go for it," smiling a bit nervously.
    Using his vampire talents, he sends his knowledge of the Elvish language to her. While at it he sends several of the other ancient languages to her. He knows she can handle it, and it will be practical in case they uncover more books in other ancient languages as they explore further in the tombs. If she handles this knowledge and wants more, he will impart some of the basics of the runic languages. He can then provide her with some of the books he has written, so she can study those. It would be extremely helpful to have a few others who can interpret runic language besides himself, Seth and Autumn.
    49410416302_8a4b0e3e54_o.jpg
    49410212816_6fd2f28731_o.jpg

"Wow, that didn't even hurt. Are you sure you did it? I thought I would feel something."
    "Yes, you now understand Elvish and a few other ancient languages. Grab one of the Elvish books and start reading."
    Jennifer turns to the bookcase and carefully opens one of the ancient tomes. She reads aloud translating it automatically from Elvish to Simlish.
    "eight bushels of grain, an oak chest storing woven textiles, 3 barrels of wine, 6 barrels of ale. This is an inventory list." She laughs, "I was expecting something of major importance to what these chambers are. I will have to work my way through them and hopefully find the ones that explain this place soon."
    "Patience in exploration is the key. Everything is important in learning how they lived, including inventory lists."
    Rafe hugs her and decides to impart the knowledge to Alice and Dedric as well if they are willing.
    49410212761_9bf7fb7dc6_o.jpg
    49410416047_82c004af43_o.jpg

They both are willing to gain more knowledge in order to study the artifacts. Rafe transmits the languages to both of them. They settle with Jennifer on the surprisingly still colorful carpet and begin reading the books and scrolls. Rafe decides he might as well give the others the knowledge as the reading will go by much faster. Wisteria will miss out because he doesn't want to transmit during pregnancy as he is not sure how it would affect the developing child. He will transmit the knowledge to her after the baby is born.
    49367323343_2f475d5f8e_o.jpg

Autumn studies the strange rock in the corner of the room. She traces the strange symbol in the middle of the rock with her finger and she hears a click. A depression appears in the center of the symbol and she calls Rafe over as she presses the depression. The rock suddenly glows red lighting the corner of the room. Rafe hurries over. "What did you do?"
    "I just traced the symbol and pushed the depression that appeared and it started glowing. It seems harmless. I don't sense anything evil about it and it is not making any loud noises."
    Rafe examines the stone and cannot find anything harmful about it. As he walks away from the stone his normally dark skin has a slightly red glow to it.
    49368000077_2bf6da01d2_o.jpg
    49367325018_ccdc315fbe_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan : Great follow up!
    I love how Rafe first made sure that there were no threats for the others and that he then allowed the werewolves to search for the trap! And I had to giggle about Marshall and Adam´s rock paper scissors-championchip and that Marshall was disappointed that he didn´t win and couldn´t get the chance to disarm the trap! :D
    Hehe, Rafe is in his element! Now he can explore and lecture and solve secrets! Finally! :p
    But I envy the ability to learn something without any effort at all just by melting the minds! This would be so useful for me in real life!!!!
    I like the reading pose, it looks very cosy!
    Autumn was a bit too curious, I wonder what she has discovered? Hopefully no powerful dragon or something even more dangerous thing!!! :o
  • Options
    @AlexaKry Hey! Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley: I had fun with Rafe and the gang exploring. Rafe certainly is a great teacher and so proud of his explorers. I sure wish learning was that easy too!
  • Options

Adam's Quest

Rafe is ready to take down the next set of rocks to see what is behind them. He survey's the area and determines which should go first. Everyone stands back and Adam is handed the axe. Adam follows Rafe's instructions, and lifts the axe over his head and brings it down aiming dead center on the large rock. It disintegrates with a satisfying and resounding crash. After the dust settles, Rafe asks Adam to hand the axe to Marshall. Rafe determines the next rock to go and tells Marshall "Go for it." Marshall has watched Rafe carefully as he used the axe and he raises it above his head slamming the axe into the rock, obliterating it with his hit. Rafe asks Marshall to hand the axe to Dedric. Dedric gets first shot at one of the rock piles and swings the axe taking down a large pile. As the debris settles a doorway is partially visible.
    49367785461_6fb8a931c4_o.jpg
    49367999137_4fd4c0a5a9_o.jpg
    49367999037_36152f89b5_o.jpg

Dedric hands the axe to Jennifer at Rafe's request. "Awesome!", Jennifer exclaims. Rafe points to the one he wants her to bring down and she raises the axe bringing it down and those rocks are history. She runs over to Rafe and thanks him for letting her have a turn and does the shaka bra salute which Rafe returns.
    49367998977_163cc0b4ca_o.jpg
    49367998867_52eaf529cb_o.jpg

Alice gets the axe next and strikes the pile perfectly and with a little dance of joy and excitement that only Alice can bring into a situation. She has revealed a second door that is still partially blocked.
    49367784791_8f3abb18af_o.jpg
    49367998697_a2371b1393_o.jpg

Alice hands the axe to her Dad and Victor brings the last of the rock slide down completely revealing not one, but two doors. They are covered in the same runes that are on the door they previously discovered under the house. Rafe asks Autumn and Victor to get some close up photographs of the runes on each door. Autumn and Alice take tracings of the runes as well.
    49367323518_23f90cd7d3_o.jpg
    49446019853_ee3d951caa_o.jpg

While the others are taking photographs and reading books Rafe, Adam and Marshall investigate the area just past the fire trap. They feel fresh air coming in and look up and notice a large hole in the ceiling. "I wonder where that comes out? We should check that out."
    "We will in due time," responds Rafe. "How about seeing what is in that hole in the wall over there.". Rafe snickers as Adam obligingly sticks his hand in the hole.
    "Feels like creepy crawlies down in here." He pulls his arm out and it is covered with a variety of creepy crawlies. Adam is a brave soul and a werewolf as well so the bugs don't bother him. He can remember eating quite a few bugs back when he left the clan and was not experienced at hunting or fishing.
    49367784251_9e0716125b_o.jpg
    49367784031_e60d102073_o.jpg
    49367783956_231867e787_o.jpg

Adam pokes his hand back in the hole. "I felt something shaped like a bottle." He pulls out a bottle of Cherimola Blan Grape Nectar and one of Meloire Grape Nectar from the Sims Winery in Moonlight Falls. Adam looks puzzled. "No way, that Winery has only been in business for 20 years or so." He looks over at Rafe and sees him laughing. "You put them in the hole right? The bugs too?
    "The bottles yes, the bugs were already there." Rafe grins at Adam. "Always expect the unexpected when you are exploring. The nectar is for all of you once Wisteria and Dedric's baby is born and we are gone. You can have a nice celebration with some excellent nectar."
    Adam carefully puts the bottles in his backpack. "Thank you Rafe! I can see we need to expect the unexpected when you are around as well."
    49367997827_f2aeafca64_o.jpg
    49369264842_b7276c31db_o.jpg

Wisteria and Gardenia finish their preparations and have the area set up outside for the picnic. It is a beautiful day. The Willowisp family has arrived and Wisteria texts Dedric and asks him to round up the others and come up to enjoy some food and friendship.
    49396009953_a2320e05b2_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan : :D Rafe is a little prankster! So sweet!!
    I like the idea that all of the used the axe, so everyone was involved with the search! Rafe is a good leader! (Have I told you that I like him veeery much? ;) )
    bekkasan wrote: »
    49369264842_b7276c31db_o.jpg
    I love this picture, Adam and Marshall look so proud! <3
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member

@bekkasan I found the spot where I left off, looks like I only missed a few pages worth.
    Interesting baby names, that's for sure. :D
    Poor Adam, lol. He didn't get a good spot to sit.
    A lot of rocking going on in that tent, must be magic or something. ;)
    Good idea, those fireplaces sure do cause a lot of fires.
    Yay! Can't wait to see Dedric and Wisteria's baby!
    Gonna take a lot of money for all them babies, lol
    They sure got a lot of nice baby things.
    Oh wow, I laughed about the naked guy painting.
    Forgot to tell you, I love that greenhouse. I bet Wisteria loves it too.
    Congrats on the engagement!
    Dedric was nice to buy the gardening station for Wisteria.
    Wow, they moved fast on the wedding. I guess sometimes simpler is better though.
    Looks like everyone had a nice morning.
    Congrats to the newly weds!
    Great updates! I'll read some more pages next time, hopefully to get caught up.
  • Options
    @AlexaKry I'm so happy you love Rafe! I do too! He was a gift from another simmer and I adore him. Thanks so much for the comments! :smiley:
    I love those in game moments where they are having fun and the pictures are just perfect for the story.

@Brandontaylor Glad to see you back reading it. Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:
    Nope, you are not too far behind!
    Miss seeing your stories on the thread, but definitely understand the situation right now. I sure hope things get better for you.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    I should be getting caught up soon, although it may be another week.
    I know, I miss posting on it. Hopefully things will change soon, just have to see.