Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Adam's Quest

Dawn is rising, when Jennifer arrives with Drew at the main house and gently places him in one of the baskets. She grabs a homemade muffin and warms it in the microwave and eats while talking to Alice. She hugs Alice's neck, thanking her for minding Drew until Marshall returns. "I don't want to be late for work my first day on the job!" she explains. She changes to her new suit and rushes out the door. Because of her communication degree, she is starting her journalism career as a professional blogger.
    49543019581_bbc3b57686_o.jpg
    49543243532_dfcecafa4d_o.jpg

Marshall is arriving back on the property just as Jennifer is racing to the car. She stops long enough for a loving hug and kiss and tells him Drew is with Alice. Marshall and Adam transform before going into the house, so they don't scare Wisteria again. Wisteria sits next to Marshall at breakfast asking him about the transformation process. "Does it hurt very much?" Marshall shakes his head no while swallowing his food. "We sort of get used to it. Does it hurt when you transform into your pixie form?"
    "Oh, no, it doesn't. I had not thought about that. I transform too."She giggles happily. "I hope I won't be startled anymore when you two transform."
    49543019411_79772ef15f_o.jpg
    49543019386_30a5126da5_o.jpg

Jennifer was sent out on assignment by her new boss to interview some of the townspeople for a new feature. He is calling it Hometown Blog, and it will appear weekly in the local paper. Luckily, the pool was jam packed with townspeople escaping the heat and Jennifer was able to get several interviews that she can write up for the blog.
    49543019336_3061b77b65_o.jpg
    49542520698_88a1d5bd26_o.jpg

Marshall accompanies Adam to the alchemy store. Adam demonstrates to him how to use the gem cutter and the smelter on the property. "We can sell our gems and rocks at much higher prices if they are cut or smelted first. The profit is completely ours if we do it ourselves."
    49542520628_00df2a1fa2_o.jpg

They arrive back home and head over to the babies cots and Alice rushes over. "Shh, they are all just settled in for a nap. Don't you dare wake them!"
    49543018791_4135bb5059_o.jpg

The guys backtrack outdoors and play basketball while Alice and Wisteria fix dinner. Dedric has been working on a science project and suffice to say, the project didn't work as expected. Wisteria calls them all to the meal and they almost finish eating before the babies wake up, crying one by one ready for their dinner and some snuggling.
    49543242412_74fe899b93_o.jpg
    49543019016_eb4179b0c1_o.jpg
    49544809823_e15b0c001b_o.jpg
    49545537667_a878c0ed7a_o.jpg

The noisy babies are loved and fed and played with. Marshall and Jennifer return to their place and comfortably settle Drew in his swing. Jennifer works on her interviews and Marshall works on his latest (hopefully) best selling werewolf novel. The others sit in the living room enjoying the fire. Alice is investigating one of the books found downstairs. Wisteria is learning a recipe. Adam and Dedric enjoy holding their children as they talk. Dedric tells Adam about the experiment that didn't work and how he will attempt it tomorrow.
    49545309976_426534298a_o.jpg
    49545537407_13ce93e163_o.jpg
    49544809423_58934d0a15_o.jpg
    49545537517_71a91c9892_o.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Interesting back story with the genies :smile: Brianna looks cute daydreaming :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Great updates!
    The history of the genies is interesting!
    So I guess that Alice has to brew a genie-potion?
    Nice that all of them take the babies with them, although it must have been very uninteresting in the library! :D
    I´ve seen the pic of Adam and Marshall in the other thread, is there, by any chance, the possibility that they get a shaving or a waxing? ;):p
    They are such good looking guys, but the hair.... :o
    Wisteria passing out is kind of funny, because she changes, too, as pointed out to her. She must feel very stupid now. :D
    The friends have settled down, right? I wonder what excitements and thrills will be there for them in the future!?! Or do they love their lives quiet and slow?
    Waiting for the next update!
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks for commenting! :smiley:

@AlexaKry Thanks for the comments! :smiley:
    If Jennifer decides to embrace her inner Genie, Alice will have to brew the potion. I need to see if she's learned it! lol and get the ingredients, although she probably has those. Her Mom filled a chest of 'alchemy' ingredients needed for potions before she moved out. I've made sure those chests have survived all the moves they make!
    hehe, I love hairy men! I do wish it looked better in game though, rather than like scribbles.
    Things will be quiet for a bit. Let them be parents and lovers for awhile. I've got some adventures planned for later. Adam will find out whether the King accepts him as family before anything else happens though.
    edited March 2020
    Adam's Quest

The next few days go by in a rush as they develop a routine of taking care of the babies and getting their work and projects completed. One of the nights was disturbed with a burglary rather than babies crying. Dedric was reviewing his notes on the testing he is doing on samples gathered from the underground rooms. He is brave and stopped the burglar before he got too far into the house. After the fight the burglar took off running, and Dedric decided not to pursue him. Considering the thrashing Dedric gave him, it is doubtful he would return. Alice and Adam both made it downstairs to witness the end of the fight and congratulated Dedric on his technique. They had debated getting a security system when the property was purchased as it doesn't fit in with the style of the house. Alice wins that debate now when she mentions the one thing they all desire to protect...their precious children.
    49544809373_e5c503ea7a_o.jpg

The young adults are learning all about parenthood, babies and how fast time flies. Fillian seems to get hungry quite a bit during the night and since Wisteria is breast feeding she gets that duty. Dedric takes over in the mornings and wraps Fillian up warmly and they go out to the greenhouse together. Dad works on the plants, and Mom gets a bit more sleep. Drew seems to be a night owl and demands company. Since Jennifer is working now, Marshall happily takes on that task. Jennifer enjoys quality time with her son when she returns from work. Alice loves bathing her little Kailena who laughs and splashes and plays happily in the water.
    49545537237_1c06829bca_o.jpg
    49543245372_3b5ff260b2_o.jpg
    49544809263_7b21ef2b26_o.jpg
    49575124787_e9f389b17a_o.jpg
    49569278098_98cde99007_o.jpg

Adam is a great Dad and loves being with his daughter. He is also an excellent husband. When he realizes Alice has not left the house for several days, he insists she take a day off. He will watch Kailena, and the others will take care of their boys. Because Alice was willing and home the others had been leaving the babies with her if they had to go to town. Usually, at least one person is available to help out, but sometimes she had all three babies on her own. Adam takes one of the baskets down to the underground rooms and places Kailena in the basket so she is facing him. He reads aloud to her from the current book that he is studying. It is a record of meetings held by the leaders of the original fortress. They were devising a set of rules and regulations to help govern the area. More and more people were arriving and were looking to the fortress to protect them and their families. A larger community caused other problems as well. Theft was becoming a problem, and they lacked a penal system to deter thieves and other crimes against each other. Adam finds it fascinating how they worked together to set up the rules to govern the growing community as well as protect each other.
    49570004717_aeb70410a0_o.jpg
    49569276763_51a32ac41d_o.jpg

Alice finds the keys to Adam's car and takes off for her day. The sky is bright blue and the weather is perfect and the day beckons her. She wants to take some photos for her portfolio and travels to some of the ruins and sites listed in the Dragon Valley guidebook. She actually crawled under an overgrown bush at one site looking for a tunnel like the one Adam found on their property. No tunnel, but a few creepy crawlies clung to her hair after she crawled out. Good thing they don't bother her. She stands on top of Nobles Hill and looks out over the town. It is such a beautiful valley. She took many pictures as she made her way around the valley and thoroughly enjoying herself.
    49570003127_a20b89b4ac_o.jpg
    49569274808_85af2f0a3d_o.jpg
    49570002522_8478f22ffc_o.jpg
    49570002232_1b4a081d88_o.jpg

Alice stops at this beautiful building and texts Wisteria and Jennifer to join her. This is the local spa and she wants her friends to have a spa afternoon and they decide to splurge on the volcanic clay baths. The baths and relaxation and friendship do wonders for the stress the new Moms have been feeling.
    49569774636_5a5695de95_o.jpg
    49569273803_01916aaefa_o.jpg

Adam shows Kailena the dragon nest room and tells her that perhaps someday she can have her very own dragon to play with. She coos and gurgles and waves her hands in excitement as if she understood exactly what he told her.
    49570001242_7a72e87d32_o.jpg

Adam, Dedric and Marshall talk in the courtyard and they decide to join their ladies for dinner in town. They agree to meet at Hogan's Diner, which has an excellent reputation for good hearty meals. The guys complement the ladies on how relaxed they seem after the spa visit. They enjoy their meals, and the babies were remarkably good while they ate.
    The sun is sinking in the sky, and the evening light is flickering through the trees as they chat outside the diner. It is the beginning of a beautiful night. They are not ready for the evening to end, so they walk up the street chatting and nodding to others who had the same idea. They love their new hometown and are enriched by the friendliness they see on the faces of the townspeople.
    49569273328_bc9f2882b0_o.jpg
    49570001012_b26aa6dcb6_o.jpg
    49569773511_034e612d38_o.jpg
    Post edited by bekkasan on
    @bekkasan : you´re very busy lately :D
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Adam's Quest
    49569276763_51a32ac41d_o.jpg
    what a beautiful picture! It shows so much peace and love! <3
    The boys carrying the babies: they look so proud!
    Good for Alice that she had a day off! She deserved it.
    The spa looks nice!
    Do they have an alarm system now? ;)
    @AlexaKry Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:
    I love that the guys share so much of the tasks and want to be with their kids.
    hehe, yes, they have an alarm system :wink:

Adam's Quest

Jennifer is enjoying the Hometown Blog interviews. It is an excellent way for her to meet the townspeople, collect and research historical data to expand their understanding of their home, the Red Dragon Lair. Bradan MacGrath is one such sim. He is involved in professional sports and is extremely competitive. Bradan is currently the League MVP and destined for further greatness. He will inform you himself and did ad nauseam during the interview. He lives in a small cottage on the edge of town and informs her about the junk found in the basement while moving in. It was donated to the O'Connell family for the historical archives that Seamus is always harping about. She scribbles a side note to talk with everyone about meeting this Seamus O'Connell. He is apparently a descendant of the Captain who helped liberate the town during an invasion of rogue dragons several hundred years ago.
    49545536537_06a4e0daf2_o.jpg

Wisteria uses her fairy power to revive some of the plants that have gone barren in the greenhouse. So much faster than waiting for a seed to sprout. Dedric watches her revive them and realizes he can do that too. He brings back a couple of the trees out in the orchard.
    49570004052_100e6f4fb8_o.jpg
    49569776221_8a306f19d2_o.jpg
    49569274928_3f54e91e9e_o.jpg

Today is a very special day for a certain baby. After her bath, Adam rocks his baby girl.
    49569999502_f1b17c1045_o.jpg
    49569999912_76928b75d6_o.jpg

Wisteria fixes french toast for breakfast. She has really gotten very good at cooking but not mastered it. After breakfast Adam gets a DNA sample from Jennifer and Drew. He will need to meet the Mithrilen family and see if one of them will donate a DNA sample for comparison.
    49569271508_15f973eac8_o.jpg
    49569270933_76ab7c3308_o.jpg

Alice bakes a special cake. It seems like she just gave birth to Kailena and it is already her birthday. She is happy to see her growing up. Perhaps she will have a little brother or sister some day.
    49569998632_19d892c490_o.jpg

Marshall and Jennifer work on their computers before the party. Jennifer writes up one of her interviews, and Marshall finally finishes his latest and apparently greatest book. He has finally written a masterpiece. He has had that wish since university and wondered if he would ever have a book worthy of that title. He also received notice from his publishers that the Dragon Valley town council has given him a small grant in recognition of his masterpiece and worthiness as a writer.
    49569270753_167db385b2_o.jpg
    49600278713_58eabf3f8a_o.jpg

Alice invites the Willowisps to the birthday party. After they arrive the guest of honor gets some help blowing out her cake.
    49569998432_be0500c744_o.jpg
    49569270508_b2afe9c599_o.jpg

Looking a little bit dazed Kailena is now a toddler. Her Dad's eyes stand out as she looks around at her family. She definitely has her Mom's hair, and her features are a mixture of both. She smiles happily at the crowd who are still clapping and cheering her on her special day. Great Grandma plays with Kailena rather than indulging in cake.
    49569270478_12228f7a0b_o.jpg
    49569770991_d1c1735515_o.jpg
    49569770796_a00a81818e_o.jpg

Adam is enchanted with his little Kailena, and he tickles her just to hear her giggle. He finds it hard to believe his baby girl is already a toddler. He loves that she looks so much like her Mom, his beautiful Alice. He can see his family in her with those golden eyes that she has inherited from his Father. He looks over at Alice and wonders if she is ready to have another child. Perhaps he will wait and see how Kailena's toddler hood goes before tackling that subject.
    49574895186_3394d4ef53_o.jpg
    @bekkasan : another great update!
    They are getting older fastly, hm? Nice that Alice and Adam like to have another child! They should hurry, better to have children in the same age!
    I wonder if the O´Conell family is evil or not, because they have killed all the dragons. If they are evil this can lead to fights with the friends because of the dragon eggs in the cellar?! :o
    Nice party! The picture with Kailena sitting at the floor, surrounded by feet is funny. It must be scary for toddlers just to see feet. :D

Do your fairies have the green thumb trait? Because mine can´t revive their plants. (perhaps I have a mod in play which hinders that...)

@AlexaKry I have babies set for 5 days but I think it ended up being a bit longer because I stopped aging for a day or two. :smirk:
    I do like having kids close together. Since they are all immortals or have very long life spans we will see how it goes. :smiley:
    The dragons that were killed by the O'Connell ancestors were rogue dragons that were attacking the town so they were actually saviors of the town and not evil. They may have some friction if they find out about the dragon eggs though. :wink:
    I do like taking pictures at toddler view sometimes. I can be quite scary! :grin:
    I give my gardening fairy's the green thumb and max as much of the gardening stuff to master it. I think one of the mods from nraas, hybrid does interfere with bloom ability, not sure about revive. I know the bloom ability is on chain's radar to fix when he has time to work on that mod. I should probably check and see if he has. :open_mouth: The revive options show up kinda rare and I accidentally discovered a way to make it available all the time for dead plants when I was building my community garden. I had set up the garden as a separate, but residential lot and had a family of sims working on it. Of course, lots of the plants died during the process of creating the garden since it was residential and not community. So I cheated :D and used debug to restart life. I noticed that once I did that the plant always had the revive option available for the green thumbs. :sweat_smile::love: I wanted all the plants perfect for the community garden, but didn't want to cheat that so it would help that group of sims master their gardening.
    If I figure out a way to cheat bloom I will let you know, but so far I've not.

Adam's Quest

After fixing pancakes for breakfast the next morning, Jennifer bakes a cake for Drew's special day. Even though Kailena's birthday was yesterday, it is hard for her to imagine Drew will become a toddler. She is excited about the new stage in Drew's life though and looks forward to seeing him grow and become a little boy.
    49574386888_d5a161db0c_o.jpg

Kailena crawls over to the xylophone after she is released from the high chair.
    49574386843_91680cd06a_o.jpg

Alice watches her crawling over to the toy and decides it is time for her to learn to walk. She carries her to the back of the room, and practice starts. Kailena starts off strong and with her excellent genes she is walking in no time at all. While Kailena is learning to walk, Jennifer and Wisteria rock their babies and chat about the party and guests that are coming. Jennifer invited a few of her coworkers as well as the Willowisp family.
    49574386748_9f49184c17_o.jpg
    49575123302_ea68446e5d_o.jpg
    49574894231_de51d8585e_o.jpg
    49574893986_4011cf6aae_o.jpg

Adam visits the Mithrilen family and arrives at a most inopportune time. Mrs. Mithrilen is in labor. Adam apologizes for arriving at such a hectic time. Mr. Mithrilen tells him that it is ok. She has done this before and is not ready to go to the hospital. He is curious about what brought the newcomer to visit him. With his wife's pregnancy and his work, he has not been out to welcome them. He has heard the gossip around town that Adam is a long-lost grandson to the Willowisp's and possibly to the Fairy King as well.
    Adam introduces himself and explains why he has come. Mr Mithrilen is intrigued by the story of Jennifer and her family possibly being Genies and lost their abilities due to hiding them. He is happy to help with his DNA for comparison. He also offers to tutor Jennifer if she decides to develop her powers. Adam thanks him, collects the sample and answers a few more questions that Mr. Mithrilen has about Adam. "Indeed, I am the grandson of Nicholas and Anastasia. Nothing has been confirmed regarding the King's family. Tests are being performed. Thank you very much for your assistance and good luck with the birthing."
    "Thank you for the good wishes. I must say you favor the King and his family. I've met them at a conference in the past. I'm a liaison between the Genies and the Fairy's. We meet several times a year to iron out any grievances and work towards unity within the occult world."
    49574893911_a5e8d04118_o.jpg
    49574386053_341c3475dd_o.jpg
    49574385978_8d57f77e69_o.jpg

Drew's party has started. Several of Jennifer's coworkers arrive for the party. Nessie Lochlan finally came in after the cake was served. Quinn Flanagan never came in. Perhaps he is shy, or embarrassed by his poor outfit choice! :open_mouth: The family gathered around and cheered for Drew as the magic turned him into a toddler. (He is so cute!! I just want to pinch his adorable cheeks...lol)
    49599981938_96e4053b57_o.jpg
    49599982228_8dfe3369d7_o.jpg
    49599982393_2e22eaba37_o.jpg
    49600741027_3ca9229e0a_o.jpg
    49599982138_37d47c68ca_o.jpg

The adults ate their cake and Jennifer's boss Chloe O'Reilly (purple hair sitting in kitchen) finally joined the party. Nickolas didn't come but the other Willowisp's came. Anastasia went upstairs and was poking around with the science equipment. Usually when she visits she makes a bee line for one of the kids. A child no one knew showed up and did her homework, ate some cake and rode the spring rider and then left.
    Kailena made her way over to Drew and sat down in front of him. They stared at each other for a few seconds and finally smiles appeared on their faces. They started playing together and talking in that unrecognizable baby talk that only they understand.
    49600480736_83629595ee_o.jpg
    49600740957_f3c673b6fc_o.jpg
    49600740907_312074c9fe_o.jpg

bekkasan wrote: »
    Adam's Quest
    49599982138_37d47c68ca_o.jpg

What an adorable little toddler! Good that the kids are so narrow of age, there will always be someone there to play with!
    The party was a success after all? Although Quinn´s outfit really hurts the eyes! (I really don´t know why he was dressed like this, he doesn´t even have one trait reflecting such a colorful outfit. :D )
    Adam arrived in the most uninappropriate moment! But the husband is very calm relaxed in the situation! :D
    I am still waiting for the result of Adam´s DNA research! And the following consequences!
    Great update, waiting for more!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Good that Dedric manged to fight off the burglar :smile: Nice scenery from the ruins :smile: Congratulations to Marshall on the recognition :smile: Nice to see Kailena age up well! Curious outfit from Nessie. Also nice to see Drew age up well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for your comments. Drew is so cute! I hope he ages well. :grin:
    A few more updates and should find out about the DNA.
    edited March 2020
    @AlexaKry Sometimes I do. I usually will do it after they age to toddler. I'm gonna have to peek when I get in game. lol
    Or wait til Fillian ages and peek at all of them.
    @AlexaKry Thank you!! :smiley: I did go in and peek yesterday afternoon when I played a bit and they are gonna be so handsome. I am looking forward to them aging, but, it will be awhile. :open_mouth:

Adam's Quest

After the party, Adam begins Briana's martial arts program. He demonstrates the basic moves and has her work with the training dummy. He remembers how patient, yet firm Victor was with him. He uses similar techniques with her.
    49599981863_f6a696be59_o.jpg
    49599981818_694c270115_o.jpg

Wisteria gathers some of the engineered seeds that Dedric and Adam have tested in their experiments and no longer need. She carefully plants them in the greenhouse wondering what will grow since she didn't identify them. She likes to be surprised by what grows.
    49600740667_47ec473993_o.jpg
    49606841006_72881e38ed_o.jpg
    49600480326_edb9c62c2e_o.jpg

The next morning Alice and Kailena work on potty training and make a great start on that skill. Afterwords, Adam carries her outside for a fun ride on the Dragon. She enjoys the ride so much she does not want to get off. Her little lips tremble as her Dad lifts her off the Dragon. Hoping to prevent a fullfledged tantrum Adam laughs and makes faces distracting Kailena from her pout.
    49575122437_2db3753288_o.jpg
    49574893286_dfae3dd81d_o.jpg
    49574385413_69cc1d9236_o.jpg
    49574893146_893d976137_o.jpg
    49574385203_037eff4364_o.jpg

He sets her down, and she heads to the sandbox to play forgetting all about being cranky. Adam turns and notices Marshall coming across the lawn.
    "Congrats on the new book!" he tells his friend. "I stayed up half the night reading it."
    "Thank you Adam! The publishing company is pushing me to write another right away. They don't want the momentum to slow down between books apparently. I've explained about Drew and that I naturally want to take some time for my family. I also want to help with the research on the rooms downstairs but I did not inform them about that particular goal. They agreed to allow me extra time before the upcoming book is due. If I write a little bit each day, I will still meet their goal."
    Jennifer starts potty training Drew when she observes him getting restless and squirmy. After a successful visit she takes him outside to play in the sand with Kailena.
    49575121982_b24da807f9_o.jpg
    49600480441_bbda3625b1_o.jpg
    49661404413_b66cf6592e_o.jpg
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @bekkasan: Great update. What are those shiny things where Wisteria was getting the seeds? Kailena and Drew are so adorable.
    :) Smile!

@bekkasan : poor Briana, getting trained is hard when you are constantly yelled at! :D I always thought that the training action in real life would completely prevent me from being trained by somebody. I don´t want to be yelled at! :D
    I love the little grupy faces the toddlers make when they want to stay at the spring rider(?)! The little pout is so adorable! I always hope my toddlers pull it when my Sims put them onto the things.
    I would like to peek, too! ;)
    Great update, as always!

@Puddinroy Thanks for the comments! :smiley: Those are potions from the chemistry table that Adam made.

@AlexaKry Thanks for commenting! :smiley: I agree, I would not want to be yelled at.
    I do love it when they pout and it makes for such a cute picture. :heart:
    edited March 2020
    Adam's Quest

Wisteria watches Fillian fall asleep knowing only a few more days and he too will be growing up. She didn't realize how much she was going to love being a Mom and she is a bit sad that his baby days are almost over.
    49600480396_6c7590d3c1_o.jpg

Marshall tells his son goodnight and waves to him. He showers and discovers Jennifer in the bedroom.
    "Welcome home beautiful."
    One thing leads to another and they enjoy their private time and Drew did not disturb them once.
    49599981293_43b2bb1d2e_o.jpg
    49599981238_54d2362b7a_o.jpg
    49600740117_1b3dd42a4b_o.jpg

Early the next morning Drew awakens and is ready for food. Marshall places him in a high chair and gives him a bottle. He is hungry himself and finds some leftover pancakes to eat.
    49599981088_d999f89711_o.jpg
    49600479951_35473f5426_o.jpg

After breakfast it is time for the kids to learn skills. Marshall teaches Drew to walk and Adam and Kailena work on learning to talk.
    49600479736_fbcd920d57_o.jpg
    49600739847_1d0baf22ef_o.jpg
    49599980843_ee5c5b638b_o.jpg

Alice paints a scene from her day out. She took a picture of the lighthouse in Dragon Valley and produces a masterpiece. She wants to open a gallery eventually with her paintings and photographs.
    49600739737_1a16799020_o.jpg
    49600739512_1927127215_o.jpg

Wisteria plays with Fillian in the swing.
    49600479781_3aac55d2fc_o.jpg

After Jennifer leaves work she visits the Mithrilen family to thank Fintan for the sample and the offer to help her if she decides to embrace her heritage. Aine Mithrilen is still in labor, and Jennifer is very concerned she has not had the baby yet. Adam saw them yesterday, and she was already in labor when he was in the home. She convinces them to go to the hospital and helps get them there. (I checked a few game hours later, and she had still not had the baby. I figured it was one of those stuck glitches, so forced it thanks to Nraas MC.) She finally had a baby girl they named Alysia. They already had a son named Riordan.
    49600739562_9fea2cdbd5_o.jpg

Drew and Kailena are finished learning their skills for the day and they play and talk together.
    "Who's in the basket?"
    "That's the baby."
    "I knowwwww that! What's his name?"
    "I dunno! He will be growing up soon. He came after you."
    Drew sniffs the air.
    "He doesn't smell like a wolf."
    "That's because he's not a wolf, he's a fairy."
    "Like those two grown ups that have those pretty wings."
    "yep"
    "I don't got pretty wings."
    "Nope, but someday you will have claws and a snout."
    "That'll be fun. Grrrr! "
    "I think you need to work on the growl." Kailena giggles.
    49600479366_fa69d94a60_o.jpg
    edited March 2020
    Adam's Quest

The next few days fly by with industrious activity from the family.They all continue translating the books, scrolls and ledgers they have found in the underground rooms. Marshall compiles and organizes the records for them. Each will write a summary of the books they read, and he adds the summaries into the computer. They can follow the summaries and not have to read each book themselves.
    Adam works in his science room carefully researching all DNA sequences collected from Jennifer, Drew and Fintan. He isolates a common gene in the samples. He compares it with the scientific information available on the science station computer. Adam discovers it is indeed the gene that makes genies unique. Jennifer and Drew are indeed descended from genies.
    49606841196_064cabab0f_o.jpg
    49606840436_b15fb7deb9_o.jpg

Dedric finally invents his first potion without blowing himself up.
    49599980478_0288ac7367_o.jpg

Jennifer continues her interviews and tracks down Nicholas as he is arriving at the grocers. He agrees to an interview. Jennifer is fascinated about his years working at Fairy Court and hopes they will get to visit someday.
    49606840831_7207a2aeeb_o.jpg

Wisteria asks Alice for some tips on improving her painting skills. The weather is gorgeous as they paint together. Wisteria paints a scene from her dreams, while Alice works on a painting of a local waterfall.
    49606841041_fc2f15328f_o.jpg
    49606329733_11dd365194_o.jpg

Marshall finally masters his Martial Arts skill. He continues to break stone blocks. Hopefully he can start breaking space rocks soon...a formidable task but one he wants to accomplish.
    49606330483_d6d66a0eb8_o.jpg

The kids continue to grow and learn new skills and Fillian will soon join them as a toddler. Kailena is a big girl now and able to use the potty on her own. But someone still has to clean the potty.
    49606838746_e28b99d8fa_o.jpg
    49607089967_23e959817f_o.jpg
    49607089907_2b973a5578_o.jpg
    49606328328_4a70374d17_o.jpg

Adam fixes dinner for the family using the Teppanyaki Grill. He enjoys preparing the ingredients and trying out some fancy moves while he is cooking. They enjoy the meal he prepared and all agree he can cook anytime he would like. Adam tells Jennifer and Marshall about the results of the DNA testing. She had supposed it would be accurate as it is hard to imagine Rafe being wrong. Nice that it is confirmed and she can inform her parents so they can decide for themselves what to do. She is strongly considering taking the potion if Alice can mix it. The research showed it would restore a genie's dormant powers. She knows Marshall will live a longer life as werewolf and hopes that she would have a longer life to be with him as a genie. She is not sure she wants to become a werewolf but has considered it. They have discussed it several times. Marshall does not want to lose her either, but has respected her decision to think about it.
    49606329203_fba160cf91_o.jpg
    49606839436_e955829b16_o.jpg
    49607090697_0bc51ca9c6_o.jpg
    @bekkasan : Lol about Dedric, being able to mix a pioson without burning himself is an improvement! :D
    So there will be some genies around in your family, if Alice manages to brew the potion, which she certainly can! Good for Jennifer that she isn´t turend into a wolfe, I think that the female werewolves always look so, well, hairy and uncute. ;) I like the thought that she wants to be longer together with Marshall, they truly love each other, aww!
    Wisteria must have strange dreams.... Do you have Into the Future installed?
    They pull the funniest faces when they cook at the grill, even the ones who don´t have high skills in cooking think they are chefs. :D
    Great update!