The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

Comments

• Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i used to like it a lot, then it dwindled to 'this is okay, it's missing so much but still enjoyable' to i haven't played in over a month so i gave it a shot yesterday and it didn't even last 20 minutes.
    i wouldn't call it a failure, more like a horrible car crash and now the car needs to be completely remodeled to be drive-able again.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    LeGardePourpre - yeah right . Everywhere I go I get lambasted for just playing Sims - so don't give me that - but you are discounting the nearly 26,000 that signed the petition for the missing toddlers alone the first months the game was even out. Dream on.

You can't count the people playing during the trick or treat campaign as many people who have the game will play the challenges. I have even played some of the challenges myself like the Woohoo and Easter egg challenges - and believe me I am no fan of the Sims 4 - I am a huge fan of the Sims 2 and 3 - and play them all the time - but the Sims 4 falls seriously short of the Sims series. Nevertheless if it resulted in free stuff - I still played challenges other wise I would not even have the number of hours I have in this game - and it fails seriously in my book. But I still got the free stuff. Unfortunately further lack of improving the game left me unable to be motivated to buy anything else for this game - never mind engage in any more challenges until they make it right and playable for all play styles.

I don't like bias-ness or bigotry in any form and when you leave whole segments of people out of a game equation what else can you call it? The game has no fair minded fore thought in it's creation. I know that is what many people tell me that think I am nuts to even still call myself a simmer.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,418 Member
    edited October 2015
    LeGardePourpre - yeah right . Everywhere I go I get lambasted for just playing Sims - so don't give me that - but you are discounting the nearly 26,000 that signed the petition for the missing toddlers alone the first months the game was even out. Dream on.

They love The Sims 4, just they need Toddlers.

When Toddlers will be released who will tell The Sims 4 is failure ?

Mass amnesia is coming soon....
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    It's not because you hate TS4 now it will mean you will still hate TS4 after 10 EP.

There is a huge gap between a Long Term Failure and a Short Term Disappointment.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    It's not because you hate TS4 now it will mean you will still hate TS4 after 10 EP.

There is a huge gap between a Long Term Failure and a Short Term Disappointment.

That's if those unhappy players are still playing it by then.

I've already given up the game. It and Origin are no longer on my PC. If I don't even want it on my computer in 2015, why would I want it on there in 2019?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

I've already given up the game. It and Origin are no longer on my PC. If I don't even want it on my computer in 2015, why would I want it on there in 2019?

Let's talk about it on October 25th, 2020, I will ask you this same question.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

Let's talk about it on October 25th, 2020, I will ask you this same question.

Doubt I'll still be around, but okay.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I think having OVER 15 years experience (I pretested the Sims in November of 1999) in Sims makes me a fair judge (and TRUE Simmer) on what makes for a good Sims series game - and believe me this is not it!

Now you understand why The Sims 4 is designed for the kids... Maxis must renew their too old simmers :p

Welcome to the next generation of simmers who never known the previous games.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    the sims4 is a succes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Got no problem they made a game for 6 years old. Means I can spend extra money elsewhere. And if you want to go there, I'll say they should just tell old simmers to go away and there will be no toddlers.. Let's see how well the game does when all the real simmers up and leave this kid game..

No toddler ? Never ? No way... it's not a possible option that Maxis can remove forever from the game.
    Just they're waiting for the right moment to add them.

Anyway, I'm a simmer since 2006, I have fun without toddlers and I don't think I'm alone (according to the game stats :p ).
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2015
    I don't think it was a failure. It did (and is) making money for the company. I do think its become a huge disappointment to me though. Last thing I bought was Cool Kitchens and I doubt very seriously I'll buy anymore. EA would have to make some huge changes and good faith additions to make it worth investing any more of my money in my opinion. With current attitudes expressed by some of The Sims higher ups...I don't see those things happening any time soon. I haven't played in months to be honest. So disappointed by the way things are going I can't even express it. I just check in here from time to time to see if any changes have been made...My foolish hope I guess.

Guess its just my own personal thing, but I've become so disgusted that I don't even have the heart to play TS2 or TS3 anymore. Maybe that'll change in time.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    It's a failure and it's not going to get better. I did this whole "The next EP will make the game better" when sims 3 was out. That didn't work. I just ended up buying most of the EPs, thinking they would be awesome, only to be pretty disappointed with most of them. Not making that same mistake with sims 4 (which is even worse than sims 3).
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    "A unique game with unique gameplay"

Yeah, linear gameplay is so unique. You know what other game series directs me and tells me what I need to do? Pokémon!

Even pokemon is less linear. :|
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Go to some of the other Sims sites - it is doing far worse then here (well except for SimsVIP, and they sort of frown on you posting negatives about it there) - as most other sites I have checked lately - they are not saying anything positive at all.

Without forgetting the 36k players online... sure it's very impressive these 78 posts (0,2% of 36k players) :p... as much as the 558 pledges of nanashi-sims (1,5% of 36k players)

As I said the minority is very noisy but they stay a tiny minority :p

I don't think somewhere there are more than 10k of simmers who hate the game.
    Hate is such a strong word. I see a lot of simmers being uninterested. Or maybe playing the game in secret, because they don't share anything they do with the game (and they did with Sims 3, oh how vivid and active it was a few years ago, my beloved Dutch forum :cry: ). A befriended simmer is quite positive about Sims 4, posting enthousiastic about new additions and all (and few people do react, but often don't buy or wait for a sale). But all she does so far herself is build, I never hear her about playing the game. Which may change when GT will be released, she's quite enthousiastic about that EP so far. I'm really curious if it wil change things.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    Again, we're at this kind of thread. But in all of my opinion, Sims 4 is still under a development. People need to be patient. They could've just give suggestion, not a harsh judgement. Plus...it's unsettling to have your favorite game insulted...

Anyway, so far, I really like the new system, even though it's still somewhat questionable in some parts. I just believe EA is professional enough to improve the game. They're not that deaf or blind... or so i think.
  • Options
    CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    Not a failure, but definitely a disappointment for me. I feel as if Maxis had no ambition in the creation of Sims 4 and took several downgrades from Sims 3 to produce a smaller game to play it safe.
    positively Epicurean
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm getting Fallout 4 in a couple of weeks when it's released. I do not expect people to say, whether it's good or bad, "just wait for the dlc. New Vegas had dlc to make the game good."

People will expect the game to be complete and engaging. I am not sure why people say it's unreasonable to hold the Sims 4 to that standard. Fallout 4 is $60.

Edit: New Vegas didn't need dlc to make it feel complete.
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I've seen forum replies (and YouTube comments) where people say these six things about The Sims 4:

1. Rename the game to "The Sims 0.5," "The Sims 1.5," or "The Sims 2.5"
    2. Say they were disappointed by the game
    3. Say they like the game
    4. Say they LOVE the game
    5. Claim it to be a remastered version of The Sims 1
    6. Say it was a complete failure that no one will remember, and that it will die

Do you think it was a failure, a disappointment that will probably get better via expansions and patches, or think its a good game?

The base game is heavily lacking, but I feel like with more and more content coming out that it will definitely get better.
    I wish they had a more solid base than what we got tbh.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top