The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

Comments

• Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2015
    > @SweetieKaye said:

> You are sadly mistaken.

> I find the multitasking more of a nuisance than a help. First off, there's little control over it. Sometimes, I don't want my sim doing three things at once, but they do it automatically. I have repeatedly cancel the extra actions, and that is annoying. Also, it forced the programmers to tie infants to their cradles, so clearly, it's not faultless. How much sense does it make to be able to exercise while chatting, but not walk around with an infant? Multitasking also makes some interactions take longer than they should (eating, etc).

> So, yes, it is on my list of cons. As are the graphics, for that matter.

> Everyone who dislikes them. Who cares about the multitasking? You do, and everyone else who likes it. You see how little that question makes sense?

I see where you're coming from. But to me, that's the magic of it all. People talk all the time and exercise and I always look to the positive side of thing instead of commenting on what could've happened or what should've been done, so I think "Why would someone want to walk AND talk and hold a baby at the same time- it's dangerous. When people talk to other people and eat, they usually DO eat slower. Sure, it might have been wrong of me to generalise everything, but I do agree (with you, somewhat) in which the mindset of the developers was kind of off. But, still, you have to understand that The Sims 4 wasn't supposed to be a better Sims 3, only a sequel that is/was DIFFERENT, as all the seceding Sims games are somewhat.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Is it a success.... No
    Is it a failure..... No
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    It don't deserve the Sims title. Definitely not a succes but an "ok" game for ten years old children.

They should rename it Flop 4 or something like that, and I swear it could be a really good success as a flop game.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Not a total failure... but more of a flop for me.

cOR3Akn.gif
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Are you serious?!? Got to ask my mom how she did it then. She held a baby, held a toddler's hand, and walked while talking to said toddler! How did she ever do it? So dangerous! :D

In all seriousness, sequels are supposed to, at the very least, improve upon its predecessors. The only predecessor Sims 4 truly improves on is Sims 1.
    LOL yeah I had to scratch my head on that sentence too. My mom knew and still does know how to multitask while holding a baby. Man our mothers would have accidents and starve if they didn't know how to multitask. I can multitask while holding my baby nephew too. I often wonder how people can't multitask then. Changing a baby alone requires a lot of multitasking making sure the baby doesn't fall, holding the diaper, getting the diaper rash cream or coconut oil. If people thought Sims 2 and 3 babies and toddlers are hard, try real life ones. :lol:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Obviously people still like it and it's still making money. Packs are still being released. Right now it's doing ok regardless of what it lacks.

I'm playing TS3 instead since TS4 does not suit my needs.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    It is a failure for me personally. I spent a lot of time building and hardly any time actually playing and eventually got tired of building. I'm back to playing Sims 3 again; I never felt as if TS3 was a waste of money but I sure feel as if TS4 was.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2015
    I see where you're coming from. But to me, that's the magic of it all. People talk all the time and exercise and I always look to the positive side of thing instead of commenting on what could've happened or what should've been done, so I think "Why would someone want to walk AND talk and hold a baby at the same time- it's dangerous. When people talk to other people and eat, they usually DO eat slower. Sure, it might have been wrong of me to generalise everything, but I do agree (with you, somewhat) in which the mindset of the developers was kind of off. But, still, you have to understand that The Sims 4 wasn't supposed to be a better Sims 3, only a sequel that is/was DIFFERENT, as all the seceding Sims games are somewhat.
    Are you serious?!? Got to ask my mom how she did it then. She held a baby, held a toddler's hand, and walked while talking to said toddler! How did she ever do it? So dangerous! :D

In all seriousness, sequels are supposed to, at the very least, improve upon its predecessors. The only predecessor Sims 4 truly improves on is Sims 1.

Hah, that was my thought when I read that. When I had my youngest, I would hold the baby and talk to my other kids, even while doing scary things like walking to the park.
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Its not a complete failure, but a huge disappointment in nearly every aspect in comparison to the previous games.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I think its a failure to some and great to others.

Personally? I've logged more hours in the first year of this games release than I did for sims 3. Sims 2 however? maybe I logged a few more hours in that ones first year than 4? So for me the game is far from a failure!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,725 Member
    It's my fav so far.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    It's not a failure imo, but it's not as strong and immersive as the previous titles. It needs more to make me like it without getting bored every now and then.
    I also feel the paid content doesn't add enough new things.
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited October 2015

Wrong for me. I had more entertainment playing Sims 1 than Flop 4, sadly. :s
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    I think it's good considering how little time they had to fix it into what it had to be. There are things that could be better, but overall I do enjoy it a lot.

Yeah, five years. How can anyone get anything done in such a short time? :| Failure.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    In ways I don't think it is a failure as it runs well in lower end computers.

I think it would be successful in the upcoming years as people are judging the game too quick as we all know that every when the base game is released, it always looks 'unfinished' but look at the finished game series such as the sims 3 and sims 2, they are amazing with all those expansion packs. I think the sims 4 will be the same, just need to be patient for the game to be perfect.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    It does run well on lower machines but at cost to customization, creativity and other features and I do not just want a program that just runs, I want program that wows me and Sims 4 is just not that program.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    jsn wrote: »
    I think it's good considering how little time they had to fix it into what it had to be. There are things that could be better, but overall I do enjoy it a lot.

Yeah, five years. How can anyone get anything done in such a short time? :| Failure.

Sims 4 was not worked on for five years. It was made from a scrapped online game. It likely had much less time in development.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,658 Member
    I don't thinks it a complete fail, (if it was I think the devs would've taken the hint already) but it's not doing the best either.
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    Failure
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    It's not a failure nor is it a success. From an objective standpoint, it's pretty much lukewarm at this point, and it could go either way later on in the development of the series.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Im disappointed..yes its failure to me cause ea went backwards and didnt go foward with the game
    giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top