The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

Comments

• Options
    themantheman Posts: 28 Member
    No game can ever be perfect, there are things I love about it and things I hate. I'm still playing and having fun with it after a year, and that says something.
  • Options
    crisv3003crisv3003 Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2015
    A failure no, but the game was designed to be an online game. EA kept that base and put the "4" on it, only that explains why it isn't an open world. Maybe it should have been called "The Sims emotions" or something like that, and also in that the game lacks a little bit, for example when the sim is angry and you select "Take an angry poop" I expected my Sim to do funny faces while on the toilet, not just a moodlet or however it is called.
    But I believe that it's a decent game and that it's gonna get better through free updates and DLC.For now just a few times I went back to play TS3 or TS2.
    Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Yup. Total, complete FAILURE.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    The Sims 4 has already outsold both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3, as well as being #3 most played on Origin. o:)

Fv7cKJP.gif
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    OnigiriSimsOnigiriSims Posts: 73 Member
    Far from a failure. I just miss open world and high res textures, but other than that, I'll patiently wait for expansion packs to improve the game. :D
  • Options
    mommavi1181mommavi1181 Posts: 63 Member
    Not a failure, but not what I hoped it would be. I have more fun doing challenges than just playing...where with Sims 3 I didn't have to try so hard to make it fun. I will still play, but play Sims 3 more. Hoping expansion such as Seasons/Pets will make it more enjoyable.
    Check out my YouTube channel for Sims 3 and Sims 4 Let's Plays and challenges. Storybooksim

Sims 3 University Life-Newest Part
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXth2ugfxk
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,418 Member
    edited October 2015
    Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

No because it's almost exactly what I'm waiting for, just the game needs more content.
    The main thing I regret is it's too much a "The Sims" game (kind people in a perfect world).

Unlike SimCity, there is a strong core of players who still play to The Sims 4.
    SimCity servers were overloaded at the launch but 2 years later almost nobody is connected, this is a failure.

The people who complains is a noisy minority, the real players are too busy to play to TS4.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2015
    Pary wrote: »
    It hasn't as far as anyone really knows. Colton just likes to believe in his own fairy tales.

I think they're just a troll and serve a kind of goofy-fun role here on the forums. :smiley:

And for me TS4 has failed. But that's just my personal opinion.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member
    edited October 2015
    This isn't a failure. This is unique game with unique gameplay. There's many new things, that weren't before.
    Let's face it, there are lot worse games in world, but I don't even think, that The Sims 4 is a fail.
    Edit. If all games are same, the gaming world is so boring.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited October 2015
    Not at all, it's obvious the game was meant to take a different turn, but i've seen some amazing content being created and i'm sure of it there's going to be more.

Simcity was a failure, they didn't listen to their customers wanting improvement. After a year or so they had trouble holding up the sales and yeah, it'll backfire because of that. Even though Sims 4 hadn't had have? a great start (my English is horrible), I do notice they're trying to fix bugs almost every month, adding content, sometimes for free sometimes paid and constantly looking to improve the game. It's not perfect, but it doesn't have to be perfect.

I do hope they'll fix some more serious bugs later on, but for me, the Sims 4 is doing great on it's own, not perfect, just doing okay. Who knows what content might be made for it, it's only been a year and it's obvious people do like this game. I often go on tumblr to see people posting Sims 4 content and it's a vibrant and alive community, cc is being made daily and fast, if a game is doing that bad it would've died out about now, to me I only see more and more people enjoying this game.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2015
    I have tried to like this game but ever since the lack of retail stuff in get to work the games just going down hill even more than the badly done basegame :/

The basegame is still so boring and we still don't have much control in the town public spaces, terrain tool or even a proper pond tool

Family play is such a mess with this game and the packs are just boring!

I gave up playing spa day after an hour and the stuff pack just not for me and gave up until get together comes out :(

It seems it really is a failure and I can take it or leave it to be honest. It's just lost its magic it had with the sims 2 and 3 :(

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    confluentsconfluents Posts: 230 Member
    I don't think the game is bad, per se, but for the amount of money I've already sunk into it, I expected a more enriching experience. There's not nearly enough content for a game with so much DLC. The "game packs" don't add enough to flesh out the game and I would never waste my money on useless "stuff packs" with only a couple of items I'm going to like (also, why didn't they create a Store where you can buy items a la carte like the last game? I would be much more willing to spend money when I know I want every item I'm buying). And not only have they failed to deliver original content in the game, but they've basically strangled the custom content community's ability to create in order to have nearly-complete control over that content like they've always wanted, which means the experience is lacking to begin with and the fans can't even expand on it themselves the way they used to.

I find myself getting bored so quickly with this game. And it's not like I don't want to play it, I really want to love it, it's just that doing the same things over and over again with the tiny amount of content gets old very fast. In terms of gameplay, I feel like for every step forward that the game takes, it takes 3 steps back, and that's not a good thing for a sequel, especially a sequel to a game as massive as Sims 3.
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    No, all because it was developed and released. It became a game on its own. I would call it a flop though ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2015
    What to me is kind of damning to me is at a fairly popular site that doesn't really allow negative talk about the game, Sims 3 has FAR more people browsing in that forum than in Sims 4. Even Sims 2 has more people browsing in the Sim 4 part of their forum.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,418 Member
    edited October 2015
    Go to some of the other Sims sites - it is doing far worse then here (well except for SimsVIP, and they sort of frown on you posting negatives about it there) - as most other sites I have checked lately - they are not saying anything positive at all.

Without forgetting the 36k players online... sure it's very impressive these 78 posts (0,2% of 36k players) :p... as much as the 558 pledges of nanashi-sims (1,5% of 36k players)

As I said the minority is very noisy but they stay a tiny minority :p

I don't think somewhere there are more than 10k of simmers who hate the game.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    No, far from disappointing, not yet at least.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top