Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think The Sims 4 = Failure?

SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I've seen forum replies (and YouTube comments) where people say these six things about The Sims 4:

1. Rename the game to "The Sims 0.5," "The Sims 1.5," or "The Sims 2.5"
2. Say they were disappointed by the game
3. Say they like the game
4. Say they LOVE the game
5. Claim it to be a remastered version of The Sims 1
6. Say it was a complete failure that no one will remember, and that it will die

Do you think it was a failure, a disappointment that will probably get better via expansions and patches, or think its a good game?
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I'm pretty sure this game had a development time of under 2 years. So, in my opinion, it's ok considering. Of course it has flaws, but overall it's enjoyable to me.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    While I think it's a fairly decent game, I do think it's a failure in several aspects. I'd be one of the people who sees it as a modern Sims 1.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    There are always two sides to everything, some will like the game and say good things about it and some will dislike the game and say bad things about it, this is true with everything in life.
    I like the game and do not see it as a failure.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I love it, it'll get better over time with expansions and packs like Sims 3. But we really don't need ANOTHER thread like this, there are already too many.

This.

As for whether it's a financial success for EA, not a single one of us has info to determine that from. Nada. Zilch. Playing guessing games about that is pointless.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    As things stand now, yes. I've always said it has potential in my opinion. It would need a lot of work put into it though.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,999 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I've seen forum replies (and YouTube comments) where people say these six things about The Sims 4:

6. Say it was a complete failure that no one will remember, and that it will die

Do you think it was a failure, a disappointment that will probably get better via expansions and patches, or think its a good game?

What do you think?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    SimFan298 wrote: »

What do you think?

I think it's good, and that it is not a failure (it's a disappointment at worst,) but DEFINITELY needs expansions and patches. I have spent almost 40 hours into it and I never got bored.

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,999 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    I don't too much like when people say to "give it time" or "it just needs expansion packs" to get better, when it shouldn't.
    Expansion packs should be there to enhance a game that's already good/great and that can stand on its on. Not provide crutch support for a game that's about to topple over. Especially when those packs cost $40.

Oh & I don't think its a failure but it needs a lot of work.

Totally agree. I'm having an awesome time right now and can't wait to see what's coming.
  • Options
    Medhia_NoxMedhia_Nox Posts: 79 Member
    It's my favorite so far. So, for me it is certainly not a failure. I'll get another 3/4 years of stuff and then probably skip Sims 5 unless it's so incredibly different (multitasking will be a must). Toddlers and Open World wouldn't be enough to make me consider Sims 5.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 has already outsold both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3, as well as being #3 most played on Origin. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    First of all...
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I love it, it'll get better over time with expansions and packs like Sims 3. But we really don't need ANOTHER thread like this, there are already too many.
    This.

And second: no, I don't think it's a failure because lots of people seem to love and enjoy it. For me it's been a disappointing experience so far, somehow the game can't hold my attention and doesn't 'grab' me like its predecessor does. That doesn't make it a failure in general though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    As I'm checking the Get Together forums, I can definitely tell people love The Sims 4. But I have a question: HOW did it outsell Sims 2 and 3? I would've thought the negative reviews made people NOT buy it.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top