Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited February 2023
    I wonder what would happen to strollers on stairs if we did have them? Would it be like bicycles that go in the inventory while you walk down stairs? In that case what would happen to the baby?

(I guess similar questions would apply to the wearable infant carrier and chairs... maybe you just can't sit down while wearing one... I certainly couldn't at the time)
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

I am so over that phone. Can we have an option for elders to smash it out of frustration? Or how about a power off option. Can we have a power off option?

I want that option for all ages. My YA sim got invited to "hang out with club friends". He said ok, got transferred to a location, aaand all the club members were just instantly fiddling around with their phones. He autonomously proceeded to insult the nearest one. I bet he wanted to smash everyone's' phones too. I sure did.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2023
    jpajari wrote: »
    I'm almost done! Since I'm here in the negative thread, I will add my share of negativity. Here it goes -- I also want strollers, so it's a shame they've been replaced with a wearable baby carrier. Thank you for letting me write down and share my thoughts! I hope those of you that aren't very impressed with the upcoming expansion pack get a feature (or occult!) that you're hoping for in the very near future :)

How beautiful would it have been to have Vlad stroll Forgotten Hollow square at midnight with his little baby Vlads

it would have been perfection

I am still hoping though that we can wear baby carrier everywhere and with that I mean everywhere

I will be mega salty if I can't have it on while occulting

also I would absolutely buy stroller kit if thats the only way to have em

they could add like lots of different looking ones for all the occults and eras to make it even more exciting
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Everybody who buys the pack gets the standard one. But is not every sims 4 player. what about those who don't get the pack? There has been no confirmation yet of base game infant carrier. It feels odd to make such a basic way of transporting infants pack exclusive.

I have watched the infants trailer and the making of the infant section on the behind the scenes and there is no carrier, first time we see a carrier is with the trailer of the pack. I am thinking the carrier is pack exclusive for that reason ;)

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

I am so over that phone. Can we have an option for elders to smash it out of frustration? Or how about a power off option. Can we have a power off option?
    Or can we completely have cell phones removed from the game with the option to replace them with landlines and payphones for community lots so tired of this game forcing one modern timeline where somehow cars don't exist.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It's only based on present day not historical & futuristic families. And where is the baby strollers. Oi!
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Kids-elders can now ride bikes and babies can be carried in the baby carrier. I didn't see any way to transport toddlers. They should have added strollers or trikes for them.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited February 2023
    One thing I've noticed that is a little disappointing is that there is no new playground equipment, no slides, see saws, Mary go rounds, hop scotch, jump rope, etc. I know we're getting a treehouse and splash pad stuff but I was really hoping to see some new versatile playground equipment for the toddlers and kids to use together.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Kids-elders can now ride bikes and babies can be carried in the baby carrier. I didn't see any way to transport toddlers. They should have added strollers or trikes for them.

Tricycles for toddlers would have been so cute. I hope we can get them at some point or another. Your comment made me wonder : can sims use the baby carrier whilst on a bicycle? I will have to test once I get the pack.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Tricycles for toddlers would have been so cute. I hope we can get them at some point or another. Your comment made me wonder : can sims use the baby carrier whilst on a bicycle? I will have to test once I get the pack.

Cute tricycle scene, until this guy comes out screaming about his lawn.
    https://youtu.be/LNLJz0pOpRQ
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 2023
    It seems spiral staircase from TS3 EP04 Generations won't be back with EP13 Growing Together.

screen44.jpg
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I don't have high hope that this pack will bring much joy to the game considering the limited hours of a Sim day. The Sim come home from work very needy, he has to shower, eat, nap, go out with the dog, vacuum, increase his skill due to the job requirement, and preform a task the job demands of him. On top of all this he now has to deal with extra needy infants during the time he comes home from work and has to go to bed. So if We don't cheat thier needs, I find it hard to see how we can get any fun from the extra GP that comes with this new pack.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    edited February 2023
    I plan on having an infant, toddler, child, and teen in my household. I welcome the challenge. And chaos. 😄

ETA: Forgot the dog, cow, and llama. 😄

I also play with aging off so plenty of time to get things done.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    @peral Just like in real life. :D
  • Options
    jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    Only negative thing I can say is that it doesn't come out till March 14th. I haven't been excited about any pack in a long time.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    jujee55 wrote: »
    Only negative thing I can say is that it doesn't come out till March 14th. I haven't been excited about any pack in a long time.

The infants update comes on March 14th but the pack is two days later on March 16th. I hope infants can keep us busy during those two days.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    March 3rd livestream may reveal some negative points like My Wedding Stories livestream.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    > @Sthenastia said:
    > Unfortunately the world looks like again like the same size, suburbian-style neighbourhood with the lots in the middle of empty space which i surrounded by the fake houses.

Ditto. So many unique cities and whatnot and they decide to model the new world after... American suburbia. After umpteen worlds like that, it seems San Sequoia has little to offer, at least thematically.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I plan on having an infant, toddler, child, and teen in my household. I welcome the challenge. And chaos. 😄

ETA: Forgot the dog, cow, and llama. 😄

I also play with aging off so plenty of time to get things done.

Don't forget an elder :p
  • Options
    Gameplay trailer reaction :

What ? That's all ? I mean it could be an update for GP05 Parenthood.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Gameplay trailer reaction :

What ? That's all ? I mean it could be an update for GP05 Parenthood.

I was hoping to see more but it was all about family dynamics. I usually play single sims so was hoping to see more. The world looks nice at least. Hope the boats are useable for travel.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Everything shown in the gameplay trailer looks like exactly what I've been wanting in Sims 4, but I have a couple major initial issues.

1. It seems all these new features, milestones (which seems like a memory system of sorts), relationship dynamics and compatibility, are features that should be in the base game and not locked behind a pay wall. This pack essentially seems like a paid for update for the core gameplay.

2. Even though this is exactly the type of content I've been wanting since the launch of the game, I find myself not excited at all for this pack mainly because it's coming so late into the games development on top of an already unstable, buggy, and also inconsistent game. Why didn't they make this pack years ago?

3. How is this pack going to integrate with other packs regarding the milestones? Will there be milestones for graduating or dropping out of highschool/university? Will there be milestones for sims joining clubs or getting kicked out of them? Will there be milestones for achieving a reputation and fame? Or successfully getting your neighbourhood into a green or industrial state? Or adopting a cat or dog, or having a litter of kittens or puppies? Or getting five stars running a restaurant or vet? I really do worry that milestones will end up like sentiments and wants and fears, missing compatibility and functionality across the game beyond base game and the new pack.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    That made the married pack look impressing in comparison. What I can see they only refurbished the realtionship system we already have in the game beside the infants which everyone get in the basegame
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    The new packs always bring me back here. While I like the idea of couple compatibility and family relations, I barely saw ANY gameplay in the GAMEPLAY trailer? Am I missing something...?