Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    Oh, and no baby seats?

In fact the Infants are too old (12 months ?) to keep them in it. The Sims 4 would need younger babies.

babybj11.jpg

I could have sworn one of the promotional pictures was of an infant sitting in a Bumbo. If that's an actual b/b item, and not just promotional art, I will be perfectly happy with that.

They showed the baby in a bath seat in the trailer, not sure if that will be available outside of bathing time. But I agree that these babies are too old for that type of seats as they are crawling already and would not stay put in them.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am pretty sure that rolling over, crawling, pulling up, etc. are infant milestones. So infants will most likely will not do all these things right away. I think the infant stage will cover all of the first year until they start walking.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    edited February 2023
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Many people from different cultures play the sims, so what makes you think "just a few thousands" want Sims with different cultural backgrounds? There is almost no muslim representation in the game for example. I wanted to make a traditional muslim family and I hardly found any suitable clothing, so they all kind of ended up wearing the same clothes in different swatches and combinations. There aren't many hijabs in game either, none for kids. Had to get CC for that.

I'd be really sad if I was muslim and wanted to play my Simself for example, dress myself traditionally and couldn't.

So I am always happy for more cultural representation. Representation is so important.

I am white and Christian. But I've suffered from acne for most of my life and it just gave me such a powerful feeling that Simmers got MODS so their Sims could get acne, and that Simmers started making Sims with custom skins looking like acne and called them beautiful.

I know this is, of course, different from Muslim representation and I don't want to compare being Muslim with having acne. But it's all about the representation in the end. It empowers people.

I would imagine most muslims would rather have an exciting world and good gameplay than a couple of hijabs and a buggy broken game in yet another willow creek because the devs spent all their efforts on culture.

Also they shouldn’t sell culture anyway. If representation is truly important to the developers then there should be a diverse range of it in the base game and Muslims shouldn’t have to pay extra to make their sim selves.
    r’..

I kind of understand you mean as African American woman.im happy for people who want the culture items and cas stuff.But that dosen't make the pack good or better.What makes a pack is gameplay and that sometimes can be cultural .

The problem my wedding stories it tried to do too much and could not execute properly.Looking cas items my wedding stories.A lot people complained about it that a lot to be desire.For indian outfits I was wondering why they were in the pack behind a paywall.Instead of just being in the base game .We still had weddings for the base game.Than it meditarian world.Which is pretty, but it just set dressing.Nothing about it's culture.I was very beliwilder that the food stall in the world was selling sea food or Chinese food.Instead of making new meditarian dishes for the pack.

The pack I think the sims team did well both culturally and gameplay wise was snowy escape.The Japanese world felt very flesh out.We got food , hot springs and festivals.We also got rock climbing expectations, skiing and sliding.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited February 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    Oh, and no baby seats?

In fact the Infants are too old (12 months ?) to keep them in it. The Sims 4 would need younger babies.

babybj11.jpg

I could have sworn one of the promotional pictures was of an infant sitting in a Bumbo. If that's an actual b/b item, and not just promotional art, I will be perfectly happy with that.

They showed the baby in a bath seat in the trailer, not sure if that will be available outside of bathing time. But I agree that these babies are too old for that type of seats as they are crawling already and would not stay put in them.

A Bumbo is not a bath seat. Aside from the trailer, there was also a photo (not a video) of an infant in a seat, and not in the bath.

This is what I'm talking about:

https://www.babylist.com/gp/bumbo-floor-seat/2443/785309?g_acctid=878-527-6823&g_adgroupid=135199108695&g_adid=589225943263&g_adtype=pla&g_campaign=Shopping-AllProducts&g_campaignid=16647365977&g_ifcreative=&g_ifproduct=product&g_keyword=&g_keywordid=pla-294505072980&g_merchantid=230882505&g_network=g&g_partition=294505072980&g_productchannel=online&g_productid=785309&utm_campaign=Shopping-AllProducts&utm_content=589225943263&utm_medium=paid-search&utm_source=g&utm_term=135199108695&gclid=CjwKCAiAxvGfBhB-EiwAMPakqoyHLsc4QlsVWPBMcbrBhV1ew3ykL1yErYurNe2DFTLAiRmzMc_c6hoCQP8QAvD_BwE
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited February 2023
    Many people from different cultures play the sims, so what makes you think "just a few thousands" want Sims with different cultural backgrounds? There is almost no muslim representation in the game for example. I wanted to make a traditional muslim family and I hardly found any suitable clothing, so they all kind of ended up wearing the same clothes in different swatches and combinations. There aren't many hijabs in game either, none for kids. Had to get CC for that.

I'd be really sad if I was muslim and wanted to play my Simself for example, dress myself traditionally and couldn't.

So I am always happy for more cultural representation. Representation is so important.

I am white and Christian. But I've suffered from acne for most of my life and it just gave me such a powerful feeling that Simmers got MODS so their Sims could get acne, and that Simmers started making Sims with custom skins looking like acne and called them beautiful.

I know this is, of course, different from Muslim representation and I don't want to compare being Muslim with having acne. But it's all about the representation in the end. It empowers people.

I would imagine most muslims would rather have an exciting world and good gameplay than a couple of hijabs and a buggy broken game in yet another willow creek because the devs spent all their efforts on culture.

Also they shouldn’t sell culture anyway. If representation is truly important to the developers then there should be a diverse range of it in the base game and Muslims shouldn’t have to pay extra to make their sim selves.
    r’..

I kind of understand you mean as African American woman.im happy for people who want the culture items and cas stuff.But that dosen't make the pack good or better.What makes a pack is gameplay and that sometimes can be cultural .

The problem my wedding stories it tried to do too much and could not execute properly.Looking cas items my wedding stories.A lot people complained about it that a lot to be desire.For indian outfits I was wondering why they were in the pack behind a paywall.Instead of just being in the base game .We still had weddings for the base game.Than it meditarian world.Which is pretty, but it just set dressing.Nothing about it's culture. I was very beliwilder that the food stall in the world was selling sea food or Chinese food.Instead of making new meditarian dishes for the pack.

The pack I think the sims team did well both culturally and gameplay wise was snowy escape.The Japanese world felt very flesh out.We got food , hot springs and festivals.We also got rock climbing expectations, skiing and sliding.

I was about to say exactly the same thing. I was hoping that we could get some food from the region of the world. Does this mean I have to wait for an Asian world to get Italian food? I still hope for lasagna and ravioli as dishes. Inclusion is very important but in the case of wedding stories it would have been nice to get cultural dishes that fit the region.

My issue isn’t with the culture, so much as it’s with putting out low effort packs and then saying ‘oh but look, we have pronouns in the trailer’..

Yes, you've got a good point there.

BTW, does anyone know if we have pronouns in our German Sims game? I think we don't?

I don’t believe you do. I believe it was mostly done for political reasons and good news coverage in the USA.. maybe I’m a cynic though 😁

It is also still missing in the Dutch version. At this point I don't think that will change anytime soon. I think the fact that pronouns work differently in different countries makes it very complex. And then there are some languages with gendered adjectives and gendered nouns to describe people. I still sometimes miss the fact that English does not have a separate word for a male versus a female friend. But that makes gender neutral language easier to implement in English. The team basically has to rethink the strategy for pronouns in every language.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager

My issue isn’t with the culture, so much as it’s with putting out low effort packs and then saying ‘oh but look, we have pronouns in the trailer’..

BTW, does anyone know if we have pronouns in our German Sims game? I think we don't?

The pronouns feature has only been rolled out in English so far, this is a huge undertaking for the team because not all languages have readily identifiable terms for gender-neutral, genderfluid, etc.

This remains a high priority for the team, but we want to make sure that any steps we take are fully thought out and implemented in the best ways we can implement them.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited February 2023
    EA_Cade wrote: »

The pronouns feature has only been rolled out in English so far, this is a huge undertaking for the team because not all languages have readily identifiable terms for gender-neutral, genderfluid, etc.

This remains a high priority for the team, but we want to make sure that any steps we take are fully thought out and implemented in the best ways we can implement them.

I thought so - Germany doesn't have a neutral pronoun like they/them so there must be a different solution. Sometimes people who identify as non-binary make up their own pronouns here.

In German "they/them" is "sie/ihnen" and that is basically almost the same as "she/her" in German ("sie/ihr"), so this just doesn't work.
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Can you really use the selling point "representation" for a Sims game?! I really don't identify with any of my created Sims and no one looks like me. It is very strange "simulations" we are playing and they act far from human. But they are still fun to play with but if I am going to buy a pack I am not paying for representation but for fun game play.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

So they are in fact still working on it? Thanks for letting us know.

I thought so - Germany doesn't have a neutral pronoun like they/them so there must be a different solution. Sometimes people who identify as non-binary make up their own pronouns here.

In German "they/them" is "sie/ihnen" and that is basically almost the same as "she/her" in German ("sie/ihr"), so this just doesn't work.

It is similar in Dutch. They (zij) is the same word as she (zij). The conjugation of the verb is needed to tell them apart. But here people found another alternative and use the word 'die', which can be used to refer to any person, even in a not non binary context.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

It is similar in Dutch. They (zij) is the same word as she (zij). The conjugation of the verb is needed to tell them apart. But here people found another alternative and use the word 'die', which can be used to refer to any person, even in a not non binary context.

Interesting, I didn't know Dutch had such a word.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Can you really use the selling point "representation" for a Sims game?! I really don't identify with any of my created Sims and no one looks like me. It is very strange "simulations" we are playing and they act far from human. But they are still fun to play with but if I am going to buy a pack I am not paying for representation but for fun game play.

THISSSS, stop the visuals, we want to play the game
  • Options
    edited March 2023

'Die' actually means 'that' as in that man, that woman, that person. It can be used for male and female, but not for the third option used for objects. (In Dutch this is onzijdig, in German sächlich, in English I don't know how to call it this third option).
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    I think i’m going to be petty and count the exact amount of new animations i’ve spotted on the livestream

i’ll of course exclude :

- basic infant stuff that comes with the update prior to the release of the pack
    - reused animations that were stolen from others packs

because as far as i’m concerned an expansion should expand on the gameplay we have and so far i haven’t really seen anything exciting. the stuff they advertise modders have done it long ago. Also i’ve started modding myself via the help of the mod constructor and it’s really not that hard to add new moodlets. We need more than pop up notifications that inform us our siblings went from « distant » to « close » because they did a puzzle on friday.

I love the theme of the pack,. i just don’t trust EA trailers and EA’s version of « so much more ! »
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited March 2023
    sireneiles wrote: »
    I think i’m going to be petty and count the exact amount of new animations i’ve spotted on the livestream

i’ll of course exclude :

- basic infant stuff that comes with the update prior to the release of the pack
    - reused animations that were stolen from others packs

I would rather they use animations in already in the game than not.

For example your teen sim is sitting at their desk in the HSpack and gets a popup that your sim fainted. Even though the faint animations are in the game the sim sits at their desk and doesn't faint.

Eta. Many things could be wrong in the pack but using animations already in the game isn't a bad thing.
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    Many things could be wrong in the pack but using animations already in the game isn't a bad thing.

I understand what you’re saying but yes it is. Just because it could be worse in itself (no animations, like the classes in high school years) doesn’t mean it’s okay. We pay 40 dollars for this. The bar is set so low and with every single release they’re pushing the boundaries even further.

I want to notice what i paid for. And not under the form of pop up notifications. i want to see on screen brand new action

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2023
    we want to make sure that any steps we take are fully thought out and implemented in the best ways we can implement them.

I heard something similar about the lounge chair ... :p
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

'Die' actually means 'that' as in that man, that woman, that person. It can be used for male and female, but not for the third option used for objects. (In Dutch this is onzijdig, in German sächlich, in English I don't know how to call it this third option).

Neutral?
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Many things could be wrong in the pack but using animations already in the game isn't a bad thing.

I understand what you’re saying but yes it is. Just because it could be worse in itself (no animations, like the classes in high school years) doesn’t mean it’s okay. We pay 40 dollars for this. The bar is set so low and with every single release they’re pushing the boundaries even further.

I want to notice what i paid for. And not under the form of pop up notifications. i want to see on screen brand new action

This :'( I’ve given up on playing the sims 4 because of this plus lack of depth, etc. been sticking to TS3 and been having so so much fun. Unless this pack has major new gameplay, i might not even buy it at all at this point.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »

This :'( I’ve given up on playing the sims 4 because of this plus lack of depth, etc. been sticking to TS3 and been having so so much fun. Unless this pack has major new gameplay, i might not even buy it at all at this point.

I have a lot of fun playing Sims 3!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

For me most of the EPs in Sims 4 is not worth $40 as it has for me no real features and why I do not buy at full price. You can't change how a Neighborhood looks as it is all static and look at the amount of lots available, you have no say in that as well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Little worried on what the pack offers outside of infants and and social interactions. So much of the livestream seemed to be based around unique interactions between sims, or stuff we can already do in-game. And we know infant stuff is already going to be in the base-game; most of the stuff we're getting in Growing Together is nice but largely fluff.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I am more concern about the world.It just kind of small.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I feel that this pack and the new updates could make or break the game. It could enhance your gameplay and make your sims feel more unique or it could make you feel that your sims are no longer your sims with the game suggesting different traits, sims having different compatibilities etc.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I feel that this pack and the new updates could make or break the game. It could enhance your gameplay and make your sims feel more unique or it could make you feel that your sims are no longer your sims with the game suggesting different traits, sims having different compatibilities etc.

Yeah, I imagine it's going to turn off a lot of more "control-freak" minded players (I say this with love and kind of as one myself). TBH, I feel like some things are, if programmed correctly, would make sense and be good "earn traits" mechanic (a sim that spends their time cleaning gets the neat trait, etc.). But as we know, sometimes the sim AI isn't always on the mark (see fears) and I imagine there will be some misses.

But I do think having some more unpredictability is a good thing. So hopefully it works out.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2023
    After 2 hours of livestream, I didn't see a big difference with the current game.

Difficult family dynamic and Bad Social Compatibility change nothing, the behavior remains the same.