Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The reason they have a new world attached to this pack, I believe is that will be the packs greatest selling point
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    The new packs always bring me back here. While I like the idea of couple compatibility and family relations, I barely saw ANY gameplay in the GAMEPLAY trailer? Am I missing something...?

I assume these new gameplay systems will have a "slow burn" type of effect on the game, where the gameplay isn't instantly noticeable, but rather these new systems will nudge the game, the sims and their relationships in certain directions throughout the sims life span, creating a much more meaningful impact over long term periods of time playing with a particular sim or household. I find Sims 4 has a lot of these "slow burn" features that show their impact over long term periods of playing the game.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 2023
    Infant was the gameplay of this pack but it's a free update.

Baby carrier and Baby milestones are exclusive to this EP.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    That's it? I guess that was a nice explanation of the family dynamic and the milestones but... it didn't feel like a lot.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    It would be more interesting if they show us what new interactions are unlocked by these features.
    Right now they look like Sentiments, decorative but not a big change.

But EP10 Snowy Escape gameplay trailer had much more to tell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5VfDtqNMTQ
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I don't like narrative trailers, I expected more info.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I plan on having an infant, toddler, child, and teen in my household. I welcome the challenge. And chaos. 😄

ETA: Forgot the dog, cow, and llama. 😄

I also play with aging off so plenty of time to get things done.

Don't forget an elder :p

Also a cat, rodent, chickens and maybe a young adult and adult too haha. And perhaps entice in a rabbit and fox. Ah... I have the beginning thoughts for a new household... :D
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    The new packs always bring me back here. While I like the idea of couple compatibility and family relations, I barely saw ANY gameplay in the GAMEPLAY trailer? Am I missing something...?

I assume these new gameplay systems will have a "slow burn" type of effect on the game, where the gameplay isn't instantly noticeable, but rather these new systems will nudge the game, the sims and their relationships in certain directions throughout the sims life span, creating a much more meaningful impact over long term periods of time playing with a particular sim or household. I find Sims 4 has a lot of these "slow burn" features that show their impact over long term periods of playing the game.

Still, all these things feel like base game update material, it seems like they added a world just to justify it as an EP.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I didn't hate the content of the trailer, but something about it didn't sit quite right with me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Getting fired and inlaws asking to temporarily to become roommates, hm. I strongly dislike how much control the game wants over our sims, like a very intrusive app that asks for privileges to every last folder on one's phone. Ever since sentiments got introduced, this is more and more no longer my Sims 4.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    What I expected, and I didn't expect much. Compatability seems great, but that's stuff that will play off in the background and not require a lot of interaction. I wanted a little more hands on gameplay, like activities or (semi) active careers, or events.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

Still, all these things feel like base game update material, it seems like they added a world just to justify it as an EP.

I agree, these new systems should be base game and I'm quite annoyed that they are locked behind a pay wall. Social compatibility, relationship dynamics and milestones (memories) are core features people have been requesting since the launch of the game, and now we have it but we have to pay for it? Rediculous.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    This is what I call a reveal trailer https://youtube.com/watch?v=tn0hCTyj2Kc
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    What I expected, and I didn't expect much. Compatability seems great, but that's stuff that will play off in the background and not require a lot of interaction. I wanted a little more hands on gameplay, like activities or (semi) active careers, or events.

They did say that this particular trailer was only focused on that one system, and there are other aspects that will be covered in the livestream.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    [/quote]I agree, these new systems should be base game and I'm quite annoyed that they are locked behind a pay wall. Social compatibility, relationship dynamics and milestones (memories) are core features people have been requesting since the launch of the game, and now we have it but we have to pay for it? Rediculous. [/quote]

Yes! Why are base game features hidden behind a pay wall? More money for ea, but it's getting ridiculous at this point. 🤧
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I really hope this family dynamic is better than wants, fears and lifestyles.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I hope Family Dynamic will be extended to Relationship Dynamic in order to get different types of friendship.

The possible weakness could be the small number of options (3 for spouses and 4 for siblings).

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    What was done with this pack is nothing new looking at the missteps from other packs. It is no longer you rule but EA/Maxis is the ruler and you play how they want you to play and for me I rather not pay full price and get it on sale. From the beginning of Sims 4 and the way it is was developed it had been this way and will continue. They are just lucky it did not bomb the way Sim City (2013) did.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I like the idea of Compatibility, Dynamics, Milestones etc., but I'm mindful of how in-depth they'll actually be. NAPs, Lifestyles, Sentiments, Wants, Fears, all had promise but all ended up being either buggy, shallow or both.
  • Options
    AntiquaAntiqua Posts: 106 Member
    I'm worried the compatibility system will give too much power to certain types of likes. Similar to how the wants and fears system steered too heavily mainly towards listening to radio stations when you had made the "mistake" of picking some fav music styles. And you'll end up with sims who are "fundamentally incompatible" for something stupid like disliking lullaby music station.
    How is the Haas family doing? Check out their struggles (and rules they have to follow) in this LP.
    And the Haas Family Tree, with some spoilers for the later chapters is made in the Plum Tree App.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @Antiqua

I agree, when it's about balance Maxis always fails due to the lack of common sense.

At least we finally get these features, just some mods will be required to fix that.

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2023
    I like the idea of Compatibility, Dynamics, Milestones etc., but I'm mindful of how in-depth they'll actually be. NAPs, Lifestyles, Sentiments, Wants, Fears, all had promise but all ended up being either buggy, shallow or both.

Yeah, I didn't really understand from the trailer what impact this will have on the actual game, we only really saw how sims might react in different situations and I'm not sure they even will react like that because they tend to use a lot of different animations to showcase the game.

I guess it will change how sims are being social with each other but how exactly... I don't know. I think they should make their trailers longer, it's a bit surprising that a million dollar franchise is showcasing their DLC with not much more than a grandparent coming over to visit. I don't think a lot of people watches their livestream or follows their twitter.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’ve always been really excited by Sims trailers. This was the first one I’ve ever found boring.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Me trying to find the gameplay in the gameplay trailer:

875d7f368f8cd50e407c93d5f1a50d35.jpg
    That's me trying to find the gameplay in every expansion. What new animations were added to enhance this new system they showed nothing besides the grandpa walking in with a suitcase picking up a child and anything with infants (which should have been base game 8 years ago)

How will sibling rivalries play out will they play out at all unless player forced like it already is what new activities and behaviors with unique animations were added to support this feature if any or is the best to expect a child stomping angerly with no game play beyond that everything else showed a true loving relationship.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    So, I haven't played TS4 as of late, only TS3 (as i always enjoy that game). I was kind of looking forward to this EP, but that trailer really put me off. Was it cute? sure. But it didn't showcase much, and we literally don't even leave those sims' house/yard so it felt quite restrictive. I just have a feeling that I will be disappointed with this pack (nothing new at this point), so I will wait for all of the reviews once it releases and try to find it for 40-50% off eventually lol.

TBF the last pack to exceed my expectations was Paranormal Stuff haha.