Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A different 100 baby challenge

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @mcrudd I'm just having a rare time in my life where I have so much free time. I just finished nannying for a family for the school year and now I'm dog sitting for the month of June, so I just get to hang out with dogs and play the sims lol. Next month I'm going back to school to be a vet tech so life will probably be a bit too busy to play the sims often so I'm enjoying it while I can :)

(The wifi at the house where I'm dog sitting is pretty horrible though unfortunately, and my photos are loading to imgur very slowly or not at all. Popped by my place right now to get a few things so I'm uploading some photos now and will be able to post some more gameplay later tonight. Thank goodness you don't need good wifi to actually play the sims!)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Our wifi is very good, but I must admit that I tried like three times last night to put up my pics of the pride baby outfits when they released and imgur had the message they were having issues where the giraffe is lying on his back. They seem all good again. I would die if we need wifi for sims, my laptop goes with on holidays even if we go camping, at night I need to keep myself busy hahahahaha I hope I will get some gaming time today, only time will tell, I am currently doing washing and cleaning my teenage daughters room ;)
  • Options
    @mcrudd Haha cleaning up a teenager's room does not sound fun

--

Ok here's a brief update for now. Adam might move out soon if he can get his act together lol. He has to gain a few more points in the mischief skill and clog drains at three different houses, so maybe next time I play I can have him travel.

For now, he has a voodoo doll that he's torturing his brother with.
    W6Zbv3X.png

And since money has been good, I bought an observatory so he could spy on the neighbors which has been raising his mischief skill. (Also Farrah can try for her next baby in there LOL)
    YBYbOuG.png

And I have a toddler free house! Flora aged up :)
    xj9yIs1.png
    5g9mMNf.png

A few of the kids are super close to aging up to teens too. I need to get these teens moving with their aspirations haha! I need to browse through these better and actually think which ones might be a bit easier.

• Options
    Also welcome to the challenge @AuroraBoreallis! Excited to see kira’s adventures!

And @Llandros2012 no I don’t have that bug. Have you tried just resetting them?
  • Options
    Hahahaha @permanentrose Farrah's face at the aging up of Flora hahahahahaha
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Hahahaha @permanentrose Farrah's face at the aging up of Flora hahahahahaha

Lol she’s like, “you’re gonna make me have another baby again soon, aren’t you?” :D
  • Options
    AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    So it begins ... LOL

Sunday
    The Welcome Wagon arrived to welcome Kira to the neighborhood. As you can see in the picture Justin Delgato, Gordon Ramsay, Rumple Gold and Liam Taro were the first to welcome her.
    gk1cFUC.png
    After spending some time getting to know them all Gordon became a bit flirty.
    A7lDd5k.png
    Guess he is going to be baby daddy #1.
    When the welcome wagon left this is how her relationship status turned out.
    y3HLnKx.png
    Now that she knows who is going to be the daddy it's time for her to get some parenting skills. So she decided to read "Parenting Vol. 1".
    SU5D4Q8.png
    She also decided to knit some onesies for the little kiddos.
    f062jge.png
    Also a little painting to earn some simoleons.
    SlPnnh2.png

Monday
    After a good night of sleep it's time to get busy.
    mO6VUjM.png
    So she invites Gordon over for some "special time". Without delay they have their first kiss.
    UI6CF5U.png
    Then it's on to the baby making.
    QliyX9R.png
    Did it work? Did we get lucky? YES! We did.
    JKC8LGN.png
    After sending Gordon home she gets back to work painting, knitting and reading parenting books.

Tuesday and Wednesday
    Both days were all about painting, knitting and reading parenting books. Along with that came a lot of back pain
    A66EhIO.png

Thursday
    Today's the big day. She went into labor. So it's off to the hospital to have the baby.
    5tfVigQ.png
    Delivery begins.
    mdXHPHG.png
    SURPRISE ! SURPRISE ! SURPRISE ! ... Triplets
    Meet Baby #1 Alaric, Baby #2 Avery and Baby #3 Aurora
    gk96X49.png

Friday
    Today was non stop parenting. The babies don't seem to want to all sleep at the same time. So it was a constant rotation of child care. They seem to cry and need something all the time. This doesn't leave much time for much else.
    qkKq2Qm.png
    gsMgFHg.png
    9Qcd0HX.png

Saturday
    Time to sneak in time for daddy #2. So Kira invited LIam over and got right to work.
    y3je5TM.png
    PckGc4S.png
    GSRgACz.png
    Did it work? YES!
    JKC8LGN.png
    Kira did find some time to sell some of her paintings on Plopsy. She made about 45k.
    FOgByb1.png

Maybe now she will find some time to remodel the house. Until next time.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    By the way, I have a question for anyone here - when you age your baby up to a toddler, do you have to introduce yourself to your toddler? And also, do you have the glitch that you cannot put the toddler down unless you travel to another lot? It's been irritating and I have no mods or CC at all in my game.

Just curious if you are experiencing this at all.

This happens when you are not good friends or better with the baby. It’s a bug that I have noticed since I started playing the Sims 4. Resetting your sim via cheats will work to fix it with out having to travel.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    One question: what will you do with the sims after they moved out? Let them sit in the bin forever, delete them, use them as unplayed sims in another challenge or new save, or....?
    @PhillipaErdnuss I don't know about everyone else. As for me, when I am ready to move them out I usually go into manage worlds and place a house with at least 4 bedrooms. Then I move 8 of them into one house. That way they are still in the world and I can still interact with them.
    @mcrudd how do you get that family portrait that is on your wall? ( the one behind Fiona above the couch)
    @Llandros2012 I was wondering about that portrait myself. So I did some investigating, It was a freebie back in 2018. I never saw anything about it. Anyway, I did find where you can download it and put it into your game. Here is the link for you:
    Family Portrait
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I'm gonna do "Monday Updates"
    Ok I'm gonna do a "Friday Update" since it's Friday in my game. Friday seems like a good day to do updates. And then it's bed time for me :)
    @mcrudd @permanentrose Since you both have Monday and Friday updates. I am going to do Sunday updates. LOL
    drakharis wrote: »
    @mcrudd don't we need a mod so our sim can have 100 babies in one lifetime? I didn't think it was possible without mods for our sims to have 100 babies per lifetime.
    @drakharis As already said. No you do not need a mod. However, you do need to go into Game Options -> Gameplay and then at the bottom there is a drop down for Max Sim Count. The game starts off at 80. You can switch it from 80 / 150 (Recommended) / 200 / Unlimited.
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Oh, also you were talking about baby names and I always like to give them a name that fits who they are going to be. Like Orion would be a genius, bookworm and a geek. He would be either an astronaut or a scientist. Primrose would love the outdoors, be creative and Proper and she would either be a gardener or a teacher. Do any of you ever do that?
    @TeeSea I do that all the time. I have tried the random traits thing. However, I always seem to end with the worst combos. So I start with the random and then swap any that doesn't suit the situation.
    By the way, I have a question for anyone here - when you age your baby up to a toddler, do you have to introduce yourself to your toddler? And also, do you have the glitch that you cannot put the toddler down unless you travel to another lot? It's been irritating and I have no mods or CC at all in my game.

@Llandros2012 I am not having that glitch. However, ever since my girl had the triplets she randomly changes into the hospital gown and slippers and runs around the house.

Everyone's houses and family's are looking so good. The activity and stories are great. Keep those updates coming.

• Options
    I noticed that a lot of you are painting to earn money and that you are painting using an easel. You can complete more paintings in less time on the digital sketch pad. I know it doesn’t increase your fun needs but you can get more done. At least that’s what I have found. You can even stop in the middle of the painting to take care of something else and finish it when you’re ready.

@TeeSea OMG I did not realize this. Thank you soo much. I would not be able to make any simoleons if it weren't for this. The triplets are crying ALL the time. I have never had babies in the game who cry so much. LOL

• Options
    @AuroraBoreallis wow triplets on your first try!! :o

I was just thinking the same thing!
  • Options
    @mcrudd I love the diet ice cream fix.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member

This happens when you are not good friends or better with the baby. It’s a bug that I have noticed since I started playing the Sims 4. Resetting your sim via cheats will work to fix it with out having to travel.

Actually her friendship bar is totally full before and after aging up - I can reset her but she just gets stuck holding the toddler and always has to introduce herself even the the relationship bar is full - it’s strange.
  • Options
    @Llandros2012
    I have only ever had that happen once when My pregnant sim had her baby at home and the husband was at work. The husband aged the baby up and I had to reset him and reintroduce him to the toddler.
    He also had no relationship bar when the baby was born. Usually it’s almost a third of the way full at birth which it was for the mom but not for the dad. I figured it was just because he wasn’t present at the birth.
    Did your sim have any relationship with your sim right after birth or was it filled up a little?
  • Options
    Just a short update since this amused me. Estelle has decided to go through a bear phase.

hWF5wW4.jpg
  • Options
    Just a short update since this amused me. Estelle has decided to go through a bear phase.

hWF5wW4.jpg

The first time I saw this I was so overcome by cuteness! Did you know that you can wear a Bear Costume with him? It’s under the parents panel.
  • Options
    Update time and it's a BIG one. LOL Part one:

Sunday
    Today was spent keeping up with the little ones. Got a little bit of painting done but not much.
    qkKq2Qm.png
    gsMgFHg.png
    9Qcd0HX.png

Monday
    Gordon finally decided to come over to visit and see the triplets. As you can see all of them needed something at the time. Gordon stood there looking around like he didn't know what to do. So of course Kira had to do all the baby care herself.
    wK8ey6Y.png

Tuesday
    Big ooopppsss day today. As you can see I got so busy with the little ones and I forgot to pay the bills. LOL. So the power got shut off and went into labor at the same time. So paid the bills on the way to the hospital.
    aHajvZv.png

Delivery time. Lookie lookie TWINS! Meet Boman and Bella.
    6qExbof.png

Wednesday
    Actually found some time in between to get some painting done.
    lA7L0pf.png

Next came a knock at the door. I wonder who that could be. Dexter Morgan has come to visit with a gift for the new arrivals.
    0Lx6X5y.png

Guess he came at the right time. Time to make some more babies. So he is now daddy #3. Got increase the relationship fast.
    vVmQ2Em.png
    oacE6uU.png

Were we successful?
    JKC8LGN.png

Overwhelmed! OMG, 5 babies at one time. All of them crying at the same time. All of them need something. WOW!
    Qm0jUdY.png
  • Options
    Big Update Part Two:

Thursday
    Time for the triplet to age up. First up Alaric.
    zPbSgQh.png

Now Avery.
    xx78rDQ.png

Last but not least Aurora.
    igDQj0r.png

Friday
    Today was spent keeping up with the kidos and some teaching.
    4kSmzuq.png
    vzezpqX.png
    AJkmhma.png

Then a new visitor arrives. Start getting him ready to be daddy #4.
    bRQWD6L.png

Saturday
    Today we begin home additions.
    Hallway & Laundry Room
    Uk1kk8t.png

Kitchen
    awWMNaA.png

Dining Room
    dLUkvpT.png

Formal Living / Sitting Room
    WfyrtKL.png

Just as we finish the addition labor begins. Good thing we added on.
    GA6OP2j.png

Meet Casimir and Cassandra
    WQ54KpQ.png

That is enough for today. Phew! Until next time.
  • Options
    @AuroraBoreallis You've been busy! Having triplets and twins is really gonna give you a head start in this challenge since you don't have to wait through all separate pregnancies.

--

I am trying to update right now, if my internet works well enough. I have my big Friday update :)
  • Options
    Hi Simmers, just a quick hello and that I am going to be scrolling way way back and catch up and then reply to you all. We had rain here yesterday and a truck slipped of the road and hit a power pole so we had no wifi all day, only mobile data. So I could not truly see your posts. So catch up time now :)
    Will be back to reply, gonna read first <3
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @permanentrose hahahaha she is definetly thinking that, she is like, yeah there is space for another baby soon so I will have to fill it hey LOL

@AuroraBoreallis OMG so much happened in that first post of yours. Triplets !!!! Poor you LOL, but you are clever studying the parenting skill, although handling those babies will skill it up quick too hahahaha

@TeeSea that diet ice cream helped everyone with their potbellies :D

@pemanentrose hahahaha you got the bear phase too, you should let Farrah dress up as one too LOL

@AuroraBoreallis Twins now 5 babies, good luck at getting any sleep LOL. Oh wait until you have 5 toddlers, your house is going to be so interesting.

@permanentrose can’t wait to see your update :)

I am getting some sim time today so will be loading my game soon <3
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Decided to give it a go, though I'll probably end up cheating a bit.
    WXZMkHL.png
    Dina Rubio, A townie I made over and is victim to many of my challenges.
    2Xe983G.png
    With 10 Simoleans to her name, and a mostly windowless house, here's hoping painting brings in the money.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    After fishing all morning, Dina had enough to paint a bit
    N45iZ5j.png
    YES. YES. YES.

After dismissing the welcome wagon and being on lookout for baby daddy #1, I saw this:
    xrmSfEY.png
    uhhhh Alex?

I know I should sell it butttttt...
    hBJGu4T.png

Aha!
    ggV2i0B.png

eoHPxoG.png
    nOoOoOoO

hIMQhsn.png
    There we go!

ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    @doggers123 thanks for joining us and congratulations to Dina on her first pregnancy <3