Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A different 100 baby challenge

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited June 2021
    Ok a small update from me today. More entertaining moments than actual progress though, but sometimes it's more fun when your game is goofy even if you don't accomplish much haha

The toddlers' schedule is off for some reason. Both of them woke up starving at 2am.
    s1OWJT1.png
    Bennett was awake too, increasing his vampire knowledge, but since he was in a playful mood, he was playing with the book while he read it, which I've never seen before. Might be because he has the goofball trait too.
    9pBhQpW.png

"One day I'm gonna teach you how to be the best vampire ever." <3
    1Y9Chr9.png

Well, not Bennett's best moment lol. When I wasn't controlling him, he decided to drink uncontrollably from Farrah. Adam looked on in horror.
    7Ek9uaA.png

Adam has to perform mean and mischief interactions for his aspiration, so after what he saw his brother do, it makes sense for him to target him. And he made him cry. Lol. Adam looks quite pleased with himself.
    S24JjC2.png

And they had a full blown fight. Bennett won, probably due to his vampire powers. Adam just has to get one more sim to dislike him and then he'll finally be on the second stage of his aspiration.
    sQ5FNKy.jpg

Vlad came over to visit later. What is even happening here? :D
    WEi9tCg.png

Thanks for fixing the sink though!
    Qmyy8Q7.png

I still can't figure out how to get Bennett to duel Vlad, so his aspiration is in limbo right now.

Clara is also super close to maxing out her motor skill and becoming a teen. I was too distracted by everything else happening today to make her focus on that but next time I should be able to age her up.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Bennet definitely takes after his father! I love the blue hair!
    @TeeSea Haha yeah, Bennett's just been a fun surprise this challenge with his looks.

@mcrudd Great building update! And wow, you have a toddler free house for a bit, so nice!!! You'll probably be so efficient with everyone else. Also was wondering (and I'll ask @Llandros2012 as well since you both just did the aspiration challenge) - I can't find the vampire spar/duel option. I thought it was at the end of the friendly socials, but it's not showing up for Bennett when I click on Vlad. Does he have to be at a certain vampire lore level?

It should be on the very last friendly menu, so if you click on other options then 'friendly' and click other until you find it. It's called 'Vampiric Spar'. It has a little bat next to it. Also I think teens can only spare with other teen vampires not with adults. So you might have to cheat another teen to be a vampire and see if you get it then ;)
  • Options
    Oh my gosh @permanentrose what chaos happening in your household hahahahaha.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @mcrudd Thanks! I'll download some teen vampires from the gallery next time I play and then I'll use MCCC to summon them over to my lot so he can befriend them and spar them. Thanks for the tip, I was starting to get so frustrated lol.

--
    Okay I played properly for a bit after that chaos of my last update HAHA.

Clara aged up! I put the cake in the inventory immediately so I can use it again at some point too.
    IKdT6dL.png
    She had the motor aspiration as a kid so I decided to give her the body builder aspiration.
    blW9TA0.png

That motor aspiration must have helped her too, since she's the first of my kids to age up without a belly haha.
    fYFyRlF.png

The next day, everyone came home with a school project and that was a bit chaotic, but they all ended up finishing them.
    WBviMLv.jpg

Bonus cute image :)
    joNM8bi.png

Estelle is SUPER close to aging up to a kid, which will leave me with just one toddler in my house!! I think I will have time to play a bit more later tonight. Estelle should age up and hopefully I can get close to finishing an aspiration for Bennett or Adam so they can move out. Maybe I should just start picking aspirations for my kids that require them to be an adult so I can move them out more quickly ;)

So I was thinking that since there's so many kids and only 4 kid aspirations, maybe every now and then I'll have a kid max out the scouting career instead of doing an aspiration, just so I have more things to do instead of the same 4 aspirations over and over again. And maybe I'll have one of my teens try to get all 5 positive character values instead of doing an aspiration, just to shake things up in that department too.
  • Options
    Oops, forgot one last thing in my last update - they now have a garden and a gym. I'm trying not to fuss too much over the appearance of this house since I do that way too much in my other challenge. As long as this house is functional, I'm not gonna worry too much about it. Bennett has been working on the garden since I was stuck in his aspiration with the sparring, but hopefully @mcrudd's tip about teen vampires will help. If not, I'm gonna cheat that milestone and move on

h7ef6eZ.jpg
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @permanentrose
    Grafting will be your best friend in a home with space and money problems. Makes it easier to get more variety in your garden. You can also have a baby with the scarecrow I believe.

• Options
    @TeeSea Thanks for the tips! I don't take advantage of grafting enough! And yes, you can have a baby with Patchy the scarecrow haha. Farrah has already started building up a relationship with him since that was my plan with purchasing him in the first place LOL. As soon as one of these teens moves out, she's taking a roll in the hay ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I keep telling myself I'm gonna go be productive but then I keep playing just a little bit more HAHA.

My little mermaid baby aged up!
    WUo55x0.png
    O5vuNbX.png

I wonder if I will manage to move a teen out or age my last toddler up next. We shall see later tonight. I am for real going to take a break from playing now haha.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    The sparring with other teen vampires worked! Yay!
    Fj9FC5x.jpg

Now on to the weekly updates for everyone since I hit Friday again in my game.
    Adam is slowly but surely making his way through his aspiration. He's on stage 3. He's been an A student for a long time.
    gCj2bLZ.jpg

Bennett has made good progress on his aspiration too now that he completed his duels, but this one is gonna be a long one to wait out with 20 full days. Well, at least he can help out with the little ones and chores around the house during that time. He's been an A student for a long time too.
    Zlhj4pi.jpg

Clara is on level two of her aspiration and I forgot to check her grades, either an A or B.
    SNYDXSZ.jpg

Declan is on the last stage of his aspiration and also an A student.
    Ly9dRF0.png

Daisy is also on the last stage of her aspiration but still a C student, probably because I was having her meet friends at school instead of studying hard in order for her to meet other kids for her aspiration.
    SWe016h.jpg

Estelle is on the last stage of her aspiration too - the creative one and motor seem to go especially fast, I've noticed. She's a brand new kid still so her grade is still a C. She at least has a better excuse than Daisy haha.
    4AHzaCz.jpg

It feels like Flora has been a toddler forever haha. But she's getting there.
    j4mEi3H.jpg

And Farrah is laying the foundations for baby #8. One of her kiddos just has to leave the nest first :)
    qUMulPP.jpg
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    First Kiss with the Scarecrow!
    You Mermaid Child is beautiful!
  • Options
    @permanentrose you have been busy :) I was not home all day so really enjoyed catching up on all your adventures, you are doing great <3 Must say daddy number 8 is going to be super interesting LOL :D
  • Options
    Declan aged up to a teen, that's all to report for now :)

n5xIKAU.png
    y7fM7ap.png
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @mcrudd don't we need a mod so our sim can have 100 babies in one lifetime? I didn't think it was possible without mods for our sims to have 100 babies per lifetime.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    I noticed that a lot of you are painting to earn money and that you are painting using an easel. You can complete more paintings in less time on the digital sketch pad. I know it doesn’t increase your fun needs but you can get more done. At least that’s what I have found. You can even stop in the middle of the painting to take care of something else and finish it when you’re ready.

I would go nuts without rewards. I also cannot stand the way autonomy works in this game. I wish we had an option in the middle ground of full and off. Like only if there is no queued actions or their like on fire. No dropping of queued actions.

I’m enjoying all of your stories!
  • Options
    Oh, also you were talking about baby names and I always like to give them a name that fits who they are going to be.
    Like Orion would be a genius, bookworm and a geek. He would be either an astronaut or a scientist. Primrose would love the outdoors, be creative and Proper and she would either be a gardener or a teacher.
    Do any of you ever do that?
  • Options
    @TeeSea Good tip about the digital sketchpad, I will try that. I've just been naming alphabetically with names that I like (which is what I think the others challengers have been doing too). I have been trying to make my occult kids look the part and have aspirations that fit that occult. (I always roll randomly for traits though, in this challenge at least, so I haven't been picking certain traits that would be fitting in that regard). I might try to give my adult kids makeovers more that fit who their dad is and the pack that he came from though, just since I've been doing that with my occult kids. That's a nice idea to give them names and then traits and aspirations that fit that name :)
  • Options
    AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    Hello All

I said I was going to try this challenge and I have finally found the time to get started. So let me introduce you to my "Mommy Sim".

Meet Kira Kennedy
    FG0vATr.png
    0lboOgQ.png

As you can see
    Her traits: Family-Oriented, Creative and Cheerful.
    Her Aspiration: Big Happy Family
    Her Likes / Dislikes are: Like - Painting, Photography, Handiness, Green, Black, Mid-Century and Queen Anne Decor / Dislikes - Orange Color
    Lot Traits: Gnomes, Home Studio and On Ley Line

When Kira became an adult she inherited a piece of land from her Grandparents in Brindleton Bay. So she moved there to begin her journey.
    Here is a picture of her house currently.
    RtMelm0.png

The rules I am following:
    mcrudd wrote:
    Start with a young adult female sim.
    Her aspiration is Big happy family
    Her traits are family orientated, creative and cheerful
    No money cheats and aging off.

Baby can be aged up after a week since birth, so if born on Monday age up next Monday (click on crib)

Toddlers only get aged up once they completed all 5 skills. (birthday cake help blow out candles)

Kids can get aged up once they are A students and have completed their aspiration. (birthday cake blow out candles)

Teens can be aged up once they are A students and have completed their aspiration. (birthday cake blow out candles) A teen does not have to complete an aspiration if it requires them to become an adult midway through. As soon as they have to become an adult then they must move out.

Once teens are aged up they leave the home and live wherever.

No mods allowed.
    No aspiration rewards (Having a hard time with this one. Will do my best but no promises. LOL)
    No cheats except for resetsim if something goes wrong.
    No cc that helps, eg ridiculously cheap energy 10 beds and so on.
    No service help allowed.

To make this interesting I will say that the first young adult/adult male sim your sim sees when you sent her to travel or that comes past her house must be the baby daddy. Even if he has been before that is ok, just so that you can't be picky and only pick one type of sim LOL
    I am following this. However, I did add a house full of Baby Daddies I like to use for the 100 Baby Challenges.

Now to get back into game and start making babies. I will post an update once I have something to report.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Have not played for a couple of days but hope to get back to it tonight. Here's is the most recent events that I have.

Just a quick view of the updated house - we've added on but still remaining on one level.

CyIVFt3.png
    The most significant addition is the bedroom and the bathroom at the back of the house.

u55YAUC.png

This makes the house a five bedroom 3 bathroom single story home.

KBgAbiY.png

Poor Bryce had the misfortune of inheriting a really deformed chin but he's maxed out his cooking skill.

fQnXsWX.png

Bryan was much luckier in the looks department and is working on maxing out his guitar skill.

L9EhUSI.png

Although he's not visible, Anton has maxed Logic but got electrocuted several times due to the extreme weather that Willow Creek has been experiencing. All he needs now is to max out his part-time job and he can leave the house!

w01DBBB.png

Calvin had a birthday once he got all his toddler skills maxed.

ADA4fI9.png

He will get a makeover soon but will wait until his little brother ages up. I still cannot believe that we've been on a boy streak for the babies so far.

TDvjLDU.png

That's all I have for now - will be getting back to it later tonight!
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    By the way, I have a question for anyone here - when you age your baby up to a toddler, do you have to introduce yourself to your toddler? And also, do you have the glitch that you cannot put the toddler down unless you travel to another lot? It's been irritating and I have no mods or CC at all in my game.

Just curious if you are experiencing this at all.
  • Options
    drakharis wrote: »
    @mcrudd don't we need a mod so our sim can have 100 babies in one lifetime? I didn't think it was possible without mods for our sims to have 100 babies per lifetime.

not at all :) All you need to do is switch aging off for all sims and then only use the crib for babies and the birthday cake for toddlers, children and teens to age them up, that way your own sim remains a young adult forever until one day you had your 100 babies and choose to age her or not :) Let me know if you have any questions on how to set the aging
  • Options
    TeeSea wrote: »
    I noticed that a lot of you are painting to earn money and that you are painting using an easel. You can complete more paintings in less time on the digital sketch pad. I know it doesn’t increase your fun needs but you can get more done. At least that’s what I have found. You can even stop in the middle of the painting to take care of something else and finish it when you’re ready.

I would go nuts without rewards. I also cannot stand the way autonomy works in this game. I wish we had an option in the middle ground of full and off. Like only if there is no queued actions or their like on fire. No dropping of queued actions.

I’m enjoying all of your stories!

I always forget about the digital sketchpad, but I do enjoy the easle though. Its in Kristine's bedroom so she does a painting every night before bed and every morning as she wakes up LOL
  • Options
    Hello All

I said I was going to try this challenge and I have finally found the time to get started. So let me introduce you to my "Mommy Sim".

Meet Kira Kennedy
    FG0vATr.png

Now to get back into game and start making babies. I will post an update once I have something to report.
    Kira is lovely welcome to our baby challenge, can't wait to see your gameplay <3

• Options
    Have not played for a couple of days but hope to get back to it tonight. Here's is the most recent events that I have.

Just a quick view of the updated house - we've added on but still remaining on one level.

That's all I have for now - will be getting back to it later tonight!

[/spoiler]

Its looking so good @Llandros2012 . Wow huge telescope, and I feel for you with the chin, I am waiting for some sharp chins as well or beady little eyes LOL, so far not too bad hahahahaha

• Options
    By the way, I have a question for anyone here - when you age your baby up to a toddler, do you have to introduce yourself to your toddler? And also, do you have the glitch that you cannot put the toddler down unless you travel to another lot? It's been irritating and I have no mods or CC at all in my game.

Just curious if you are experiencing this at all.

Oh no, sorry I have not had any of those happen in my game. Only time I have to travel is when I place a new robo vacuum and it initially gets stuck otherwise I don't have any issues, I wonder why its happening
  • Options
    @permanentrose you had so much gaming time I am jealous LOL. Declan aged up well and your house looks more and more lovely everytime you post pics. I am hoping to get some game time today, but its a long weekend here by us in New Zealand so we are very busy as a family LOL even movie times at night, watched the croods new age last night and Rava tonight so have to squeeze some simming time in somewhere :D