Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A different 100 baby challenge

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Finally some change :D
    Adrian has completed his aspiration and became a teen <3

QdjUQf5.png
    2dZdJtM.png
    fb6KUMW.png

I seriously need to get a treadmill or something, my kids are biiiiiiiiiiiiiig LOL
    I will be building a teen room upstairs now.

I will do an update on how everyone is doing on Monday (simtime) when Fiona ages to toddler :)
  • Options
    Its time for a big update, but before I do that I will show the new teen room upstairs ;)
    kBNul7h.png

Now for the update.
    The house has two stories now. I seriously need to do something with the lounge area now that the teen room is up there, it just looks wrong LOL.
    LYdDxU4.png
    xJjB6HA.png

Adrian
    He is now a teen, a brand new one so he has not started working on his first aspiration yet.
    pcraRnT.png

Alyssa
    She will definitely age up to teen in the next loading of the game, she is almost done with her aspiration :)
    e8xQwsV.png

Belinda
    She is also very close to completing her aspiration and becoming a teen
    u3I1Cen.png

Caleb
    He is still only on his first tier of his aspiration so will be a child for a while longer
    iRKvbKi.png

Dylan
    He is still a toddler, but so so close to aging if he only just listens to me
    BRQcIHt.png

Edward
    He is still a toddler and will be for a while , he still has a way to go
    yPB9Y99.png

Fiona
    Fiona has just aged up to a toddler and gave me a little surprise when I changed her clothes in cas
    gO9DnpZ.png
    9l03b32.png

Kristine
    She is doing very well, might need a gym somewhere upstairs though ;)
    eBRLYFV.png

Lots of pausing in the game to get everyone organized and then reorganized over and over, but overall I think its going ok :)
    Thats all from me for tonight, night night from New Zealand <3 Happy simming everyone ;)
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    @mcrudd how do you get that family portrait that is on your wall? ( the one behind Fiona above the couch)

Great update - I’m hoping mine gets easier as well but it’s been a challenge for sure so far!
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited June 2021
    Love this thread <3
    Post edited by TeeSea on
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited June 2021
    @mcrudd Your house looks so good! Once things start feeling more stable financially for Farrah, I need to make her house prettier! A gym sounds like a good idea too. Ooh, surprise spell caster baby! Do you play with full autonomy?

@Llandros2012 There's an option somewhere in the paintings or wall hangs in decorations that has a blank family family portrait and it will generate one for your family when you hang it up :)
  • Options
    Okay played a bit today, and this family is a mess. They basically have no money and someone is always miserable. This is so hard lol. I keep tossing toddler beds in the middle of the living room and hoping for the best, if they get enough money and I have the energy, I'll give their house a proper renovation at some point :D

Bennett aged up and he indeed inherited Vlad's condition haha
    49DX5hN.png

I'll do the rest in spoilers just so there's not too many photos to scroll through.
    No one is close to even skilling up. I'm trying but man their needs are persistent
    LK76J02.png

Victor Feng showed up though. Trying to conceive these babies in different locations just to keep things fresh lol
    tMuR6Wk.png

I laughed at this pregnancy test picture. Sums up this household right now
    kCt74G3.png

She is trying so hard to be a good mom lol
    DaZnU4O.png
    WOx2pjI.png

And this time is was twins! Meet Daisy and Declan.
    QBsI6Fy.png

I think it was time to age up Clara, I kind of lost track to be honest haha. Anyway, just decided to go for it. I think Farrah will take a break from having more babies for a bit and try to get this household under control for now.
    EjTMW5Y.png
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Okay one more post for today. I really tried to get Adam to be ready to age up to a child, but it just didn't happen.

They at least have a bedroom now
    Wnxo210.png
    Freshly back from birthing the twins, Farrah decided to cook several large meals so I can just pull some dishes out of the fridge for the toddlers when they're hungry
    iLmk5QK.png

This trash can is a lifesaver, because now I can profit off of dirty dishes haha. I honestly owe this trashcan so much because Farrah has been too busy and need depleted to paint much. This trashcan paid their bills lol.
    IxgM4lG.png

They may be filthy 90% of the time, but at least they can keep each other company
    i2mvjk9.png

As long as I don't get a notification that the babies are in danger of being taken away, I've pretty much been ignoring them, sorry kiddos. LsJO0Ut.png

Poor Farrah fell asleep in the tub. Trying so hard to max these toddler skills. Everyone needs a bath lol
    CpTW36C.jpg

If someone asks if they can come over, I let them, since they'll autonomously take care of the babies and clean things like the tub. This is the doctor who has delivered 4 of the 5 babies
    9qPCFy7.png

UGHHHHH :D
    Io1BpoB.png

The twins will age up in two sim days so I decided I needed to work on getting at least one more baby in the house. This is Paka'a Uha from the Sulani pack, a pre-made mermaid who is technically a male but has a female frame, so they can father the next child. This closet was totally a waste of money but I wanted another fun woohoo spot haha
    w2bTV43.png

She's like, "SERIOUSLY??? Why do you keep doing this to me?" :D Curious to see if this kiddo will be a mermaid though!
    iiTj7qA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @mcrudd how do you get that family portrait that is on your wall? ( the one behind Fiona above the couch)

Great update - I’m hoping mine gets easier as well but it’s been a challenge for sure so far!

I am not sure if it was released to everyone in an update, but a few years ago I had to download the sims mobile game to get a code to receive the frame in my sims 4 game. You find it in build mode under paintings.
    2llGfH9.png
    It will get easier as you start upping your parent skill. I can't tell you how handy super efficient baby care is :)
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Love this thread <3

@TeeSea Aww thanks <3 Have you started with your one yet, yours looked very interesting :)
    @mcrudd Your house looks so good! Once things start feeling more stable financially for Farrah, I need to make her house prettier! A gym sounds like a good idea too. Ooh, surprise spell caster baby! Do you play with full autonomy?

Thanks I am actually thinking I was to quick to make a second child room, it won't be needed, so I will change that into a gym, cause its good to have a bathroom near a gym. Then upstairs I will make another teen room, I have a sneaky suspicion with my "clever"rule of two aspirations they will stick around longer LOL. My sims has 100 percent full free will. I don't like it if they are like zombies just staring not thinking for themselves LOL

@permanentrose Omg a little vampire toddler, how cute :) Vlad has not come to my house yet, guess he does not like my sim's little neck hahahaha

Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I wish I could play now, but I am a mom taxi again <3 Happy simming to the rest of you ;)
  • Options
    @mcrudd Thanks, I found the family portrait thing on my desktop -

I've run into an issue with my save and trying to salvage or (gulp) may have to restart - I hate it but that's typical and I'd rather it bug out earlier than later into the challenge.

Always something
  • Options
    @mcrudd Thanks, I found the family portrait thing on my desktop -

I've run into an issue with my save and trying to salvage or (gulp) may have to restart - I hate it but that's typical and I'd rather it bug out earlier than later into the challenge.

Always something

Oh no :( I hope you can salvage it. That is a fear for me too, I had a few games go corrupt while doing my aspiration challenge, but thankfully I could save my sim to the gallery every time she completed an aspiration, but with this challenge it won't work. All family trees will be wiped. Gosh I do hope you can fix it, let us know ;)
  • Options
    @mcrudd I'm restarting but I am going to give her about three days before we start trying for babies - this way she can build some painting skill and make a few friends before we really get going. Fortunately, I wasn't very far along. You are right - if I had to switch save files I would lose the entire tree so taking some precautions, repairing the game, etc. and going from there!
  • Options
    @mcrudd I'm restarting but I am going to give her about three days before we start trying for babies - this way she can build some painting skill and make a few friends before we really get going. Fortunately, I wasn't very far along. You are right - if I had to switch save files I would lose the entire tree so taking some precautions, repairing the game, etc. and going from there!

Oh shucks that is sad that you have to restart, Good idea about the painting skill. Also remember to give your house the homestudio and natural lighting traits, those help a lot too. Yeah I Lost a whole relationship status with Akira in my aspiration challenge because it did not save it. I do hope we won't have any issues. I am home now, so might load my game. My husband is still sleeping from returning from his night shift :)
  • Options
    @Llandros2012 Oh no, sorry to hear you might need to restart. Always such a pain when that happens :(

--
    Ok one more post from me today (sorry hope I'm not spamming this topic too much haha)

So I logged in and everyone was so deep in the red, I just couldn't deal anymore. So I got them all to morning, did one big needs cheats and got everyone to full green - I just needed to get everyone on the same page schedule-wise and knew I was gonna burn out if I kept spiraling as badly as I was. I also decided that Farrah will be allowed to purchase reward traits, just a personal rule change for myself, because I will definitely burn out playing Farrah if she still needs to pee this often for the duration of this challenge lol. So I will casually be doing aspirations for Farrah to get her some points and hopefully make her some money too. Other than that, I'm planning to do this challenge pretty much how @mcrudd designed it :)

Daisy and Declan aged up
    yorE1R4.png
    Which means I had five toddlers.
    TWkhlIW.png

I was doing really well after my need reset. They were all on a schedule and doing so well for like 2 sim days.
    xw6PGqn.jpg

Farrah got a cake ready for Adam
    ggRwjcv.png

And gave birth a baby girl, Estelle.
    1ItMdfP.jpg

But then I really wanted to get Adam aged up. That thinking skill took forever. I really plowed through some time to get it up, and everyone's needs started getting out of control again. I need to get a schedule for toddler baths. And I need to get the twins to level 2 of potty so they can train themselves.
    l83L1fG.jpg

Ugh, Farrah, that cake was for Adam!! Well, you just gave birth to your 6th kid, I guess you can do what you want...
    XCdG4rk.png

Another cake later, and Adam was set to age up, and he was in a terrible state. Sorry kid. Farrah looked less than thrilled as well. But a kid will be more independent and even be able to help with some cleaning and entertaining the toddlers.
    yVAAFcn.png

And everyone's schedule is severely out of whack again lol. It's 3am. Adam needs a proper bed still. But they still have basically no money....
    yljOmgi.png

@mcrudd What is your secret? How do you make so much money and still keep everyone happy??? I'm really struggling here lol
  • Options
    edited June 2021

@mcrudd What is your secret? How do you make so much money and still keep everyone happy??? I'm really struggling here lol

Hahahahaha no secret, my sims are not always happy. I have found that if I pause the game a lot and go around and micro manage them it works better. Kristine cooks a grand meal every morning so I just leave that on the counter and even starving toddlers will go and help themselves to it. I have the toddlers do their little tablet thingy in the same room as each other and click on one of them to start babbling so it maxes two skills at the same time and also their attention goes up. Also I lock each room only to the specific children, otherwise toddlers will wake up the whole household when they get nightmares. And super efficient baby care is a lifesaver, also since her parenting skill is maxed its as if Kristine will automatically tend to whatever the kids need, even helping out with homework ;) Also I think the traits I use for my house helps with the money. I have home studio and natural light, I also changed good soil (no garden anymore) to childs play :)

@permanentrose I believe that when you play challenges you play them with your own rules, so if you want to say for eg use max needs once a week or whatever, then go right ahead or even your aspiration rewards. I just laid out the rules I will be playing, each to their own :D but do share your gameplay , its fun to watch ;)

ps. You can never spam enough ;) Love seeing your game <3

• Options
    edited June 2021
    I loaded my game and did a lot of designing until my money went way down again, but its ok, still have lots of paintings on plopsy.

Gym is downstairs where the kids room used to be, I realized I don't really needed the kids room
    jn20UQB.png

But upstairs I made a second teen room. I might also change my rule to only having to complete one aspiration, Actually I am so gonna change it LOL. :D
    Vhwo012.png
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Ok I like this new rule about only doing one aspiration for teens lol, even though I'm not there yet. Thanks for the tips, definitely already used some of them. Even simple stuff like having actions queued up so they actually are productive is something I needed to be more mindful about. Got them up to like 8,000 simoleons too which is the most I've had this whole challenge haha. I have a lot of free time right now so I'm spending a lot of time in my game, so I might as well just post again haha.

Your house is so gorgeous! I haven't really spent the time to make my house look nice yet - I tend to do that more for the other challenge I'm doing, this one is definitely more just cheap and functional items for now.

--

Gunther wanted to come over so I had Adam ask him to help with his homework. Nice to have some bonding time with dad :)
    VNnAXO3.jpg
    I moved the crib in with Farrah since I won't have more than one baby at a time now, and made the baby room into a kid room.
    2nvvyn4.jpg

I decided I might as well just go for a full house since Estelle will age up soon. Remembering all of these kids' names is starting be a chore lol. Well anyway, looks like we might get another vampire in the family - 7th baby daddy is Caleb Vatore :)
    G7k1scs.png

Didn't get a shot of her pregnancy test, but she's pregnant again. Estelle is due to age up soon too - at least I think. I do have a little bit of trouble remembering to take note of the day they were born sometimes lol - I guess I could use the calendar feature for that.
    UDrnUA9.png

Bennett made it to top notch toddler in much better shape than his brother had. Not sure why he aged up with blue hair lol, but I'll just embrace it.
    PvwqpMD.png

What a goofy kid lol
    SQRvjFm.png

And these brothers are just so different in their looks - it's really fun to see what genetics each baby gets from their dad.
    C7wPElw.png

And it was time to age up Estelle and she is indeed a mermaid!
    Z2D6CWd.png

If I'm in the mood later, maybe I'll go back in game until it's time to have baby #7 :)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    So, after a valiant attempt at salvaging my save, I gave up an restarted - still using Mandy although a brand new version of her.

We moved into the same lot in Willow Creek (Bargain Bend) and the house is pretty much the same, I just turned it so that the thumbnail picture would look normal when I saved it to the gallery.

The biggest change is that I gave Mandy three days to build some relationships and skills. Here she is at her neighbors house meeting them for the first time. More after the tag...

L8JG3ai.png

Mandy decided to head over to the Pancake house to meet Bob and Eliza. Bob was a bit frustrated with his wife, as usual!

XekA6B5.png

Continuing on her quest to meet her neighbors, she bonded quickly with Bella Goth.

AHwh3q2.png

The Spencer-Kim-Lewis family was next but we had to travel to the park in order to meet little Olivia. This completed her quest to meet everyone who lives in Willow Creek.

qQKN8vk.png

The next day, Travis, Summer, and Liberty brought on the Welcome Wagon...with a fruitcake that Mandy thought was extremely nasty!

EvlrXbj.png

After the three days were up and with a growing bank account, Mandy decided that she and Travis would be more than friends. (Gonna try to do the Serial Romantic aspiration while I work through the challenge)

Rgz8MWF.png

Travis was pretty receptive to her suggestion that they start dating.

zi5BgTJ.png

Of course, lots of thinks happened on that first date - but this was the biggest!

Whm0Gly.png

Still working on some paintings to list on plopsie, Mandy and Travis went out to eat for another date night the night before she was due. Unfortunately, the restaurant and dating seems to be bugged but we tried at least!

sHRsrBt.png

The next day, Mandy gave birth to Anton. And so the challenge truly begins...again!

TxIOTot.png

I'm playing it a bit slower than I tried last time - I didn't really enjoy the craziness but we will see how this goes. Holding my breath that the save works as it should!

• Options
    @Llandros2012 Sorry you had to start over, but it looks like it was for the best! Nice idea to establish her relationships first and also do the serial romantic aspiration! It gets easier once you get into a groove. I finally hit a good stride and it feels less chaotic now. Excited to see who all your baby daddies will be and what you name the kiddos!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    My last post for tonight haha, I pretty much hit my sims limit for the day and will not be logging back in tonight haha. I'm finally starting to cut down on some screenshots too. I've gotten so used to getting so many for my other challenge that it was an adjustment to play without needing to get so many.

So I made it to a full house, and I'm finally starting to feel like I can handle this. The kids are relatively easy, and they help so much with skill building for the toddlers without me even trying. Plus they can clean dishes and the potty chairs and bathe themselves which just helps Farrah have less to do. They are starting to do well financially, and all the kids are in a groove with their tasks.

First of all, meet the newest addition, Flora! I thought I was gonna end up having more boys but I'm on a girl streak right now apparently. She might be a vampire as well. We'll have to wait and see when she ages up :)
    i4Rf677.png
    I'll do what @mcrudd does and check in with everyone now that I have my full house.

The oldest, Adam Munch, is a B student and about halfway done with the creative aspiration.
    9JFIgjr.png

Bennett Straud is also a child, with the mental aspiration, and is probably about halfway through that, and he is a C student.
    a9fFtqI.png

Clara Flex is so close to aging up to a child - she just needs to max her imagination skill.
    lFwqnwn.png

The twins, Daisy and Declan Feng, are pretty high in their toddler skills but still have to max out a handful of them.
    DtvSB5h.png
    aC9CCwY.png

The youngest toddler, Estelle Uha, is still a pretty new toddler and needs to build up most of her skills still. I ended up giving her a makeover with more Island Living items since I thought it would be fun to give her more of a beach look since she's a mermaid.
    yAOiCmt.png

And Flora Vatore was just born, so she'll spend a bit of time as a baby still. I haven't checked Farrah's skills in a while, but I'm pretty sure she maxed out painting and is really close to maxing out parenting too. She also has the steel bladder reward trait, and honestly, just having her have one less need that decays fast makes all the difference. She's gained a lot of weight too, so I think I might need a home gym in my game too hahah

Just some extra photos :)
    I got a family photo too now, but took this screenshot before Flora was born so it just has the older six kids.
    GWXjzXx.png

Vlad came to visit so he got roped into homework assistance duty
    aOFfW9g.png

Bennett wears bunny slippers to bed just like his dad haha
    qBpFUqj.png

Most nights I get everyone to sleep at the same time now which feels amazing!
    ymz0PEb.jpg
    cKRzZq9.jpg
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    @Llandros2012 I think you might enjoy it more this time now that you also know what to expect. Taking it slower will also be less stressful. Mandy looks lovely and much more prepared this time <3

@permanentrose boy do you have interesting little babies, I need to pick my daddies better LOL. I am so glad my little tips helped. Also now that you have a routine, bedtime and so on you will be surprised how things become more smoother. What a unexpected surprise …blue hair LOL :D

My husband just left for nightshift again, so I am gonna make myself a nice warm cuppa Milo and then load my game, earlier I just managed to do renovating, now I need to actually unpause the game and play again. But first, put the kettle on ;) See you all later :)
  • Options
    oopsies :D What a start :o

3Nj6wRM.png

ggRNLaS.png

Gotta get this game going so she can paint some more LOL
  • Options
    @mcrudd I'm really not doing anything special as far picking the dads, they're just the ones I notice first when it's time for Farrah to be pregnant again - Farrah's house just seems to be a vampire hotspot haha. And then I just got lucky with a mermaid - and more so probably since I knew who he was, since it's pretty easy to mistake him for a girl if you aren't familiar with him lol. I don't have ROM, so no spell caster babies for me, but it would be fun to have an alien baby at some point....
  • Options
    @mcrudd Seeing all those greyed out icons on the bottom of your screen with all those kids at school makes me excited to really get more of these toddlers aged up haha. As long as teens are steadily aging up and moving out, I feel like this challenge won't ever be as hard as it was right in beginning when we had primarily babies and toddlers
  • Options
    @permanentrose yeah it does help while they are at school. I did find though that when they get back its basically needs and homework then bed, so I have to work on their aspirations during weekends. I am however gonna try and push Alyssa just a little ,she is so close.

Dylan finally aged up to a child.
    S5JyfyD.png
    jJY8GGi.png

Also trying to just shake a little weight off Kristine, she has done a few paintings again so money will steadily come in again, although most of the house is furnished now.
    gsoWn8f.png