Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WAIT? CARS ARE IN GET FAMOUS (HUGE SPECULATION)

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In this pack if a limo stayed parked outside a club and when my star sim travel to or from that club, they teleported from inside the limo, that would be better than nothing.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,418 Member
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    Where is the garage for your limo in your... penthouse :p ?

arl33djqbzzf.jpg

In the building's basement parking, obviously :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    There is no reason to use the word CRUISE when describing walking. I don't say "I cruised down the street," unless I'm driving in my car. It just sounds off. No one says "I cruised down the beach" or " cruising in the countryside" unless it describes driving. There is no other reason for them to use that word. If they really used that word to describe walking, then I would question if English is even their first language. It either has to mean cars, or it refers to riding boats, motorcycles or some other type of transportation.

Or, they could have just used cruise thoughtlessly and not imagined the implications, which I think would be pretty silly for them to do..
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    SimGuruGrant and SimGuruKate have stated there will be no cars in Get Famous. Luthien's thread has the exact tweets.
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    SimGuruGrant and SimGuruKate have stated there will be no cars in Get Famous. Luthien's thread has the exact tweets.

As I said. So obvious.
  • Options
    They really need someone to look through their articles and look for words that might cause hype. They know that people want cars. Why would they use the word cruise? Quite thoughtless of them.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    They really need someone to look through their articles and look for words that might cause hype. They know that people want cars. Why would they use the word cruise? Quite thoughtless of them.

Cruising doesn't just refer to cars. It also means moving in a random way for pleasure. Maybe cruise the red carpet. Cruise through life.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I think the word choice plays into the general theme/atmosphere of the pack. rather particular choice but at the same time the word isn't exclusively about riding in cars. players need to understand it's all speculation unless Maxis says otherwise.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Cruising doesn't just refer to cars. It also means moving in a random way for pleasure. Maybe cruise the red carpet. Cruise through life.

In the US (where they're located), I've never heard anyone say "cruising" to describe going somewhere without some form of transportation, such as a car. Unless they mean "cruising" as in the slang of trying to find woohoo :D I just think they need better editors or at least need to read what they write down before they publish it.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

In the US (where they're located), I've never heard anyone say "cruising" to describe going somewhere without some form of transportation, such as a car. Unless they mean "cruising" as in the slang of trying to find woohoo :D I just think they need better editors or at least need to read what they write down before they publish it.

I live in America and I've heard the phrase cruise through life which refers to a happy go lucky outlook more than I've heard of cruising in cars.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Cars could come in the patch before the EP is released, alongside the terrain tools + fashion influencer career
  • Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

arl33djqbzzf.jpg

In the building's basement parking, obviously :D

Actually that's a hill you can see the trees next to the fence
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I dunno. THey could be resized toys or carefully positioned for the trailer.

I wouldn't trust us to be getting drivable cars until I see somebody actively climb in and out of them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    SimGuruKate and SimGuruGrant confirmed on twitter that there are no cars in the pack or in the pre-patch.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    That limo being there just annoys me. What is the REASON?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    That limo being there just annoys me. What is the REASON?

That confuses me too. And why is it in a busy street surrounded by pedestrians? Is it just a statue?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    NOPE! Grant already said they are not nor are they coming this year. It's in the twitter posts in the general thread. He says there are no cars because they have not made them and there won't be any this year. That limo is just set decoration for aviance. Not inter-act-able. Like all the other parked cars in the game. That I believe is the new Studio City or at least connected to it.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018

arl33djqbzzf.jpg

I want to know what is new here other than the CL backdrops? And how lame is it a limo will not be picking up a famous Sim. With all this bragging about money made by TS4 where is it spent? On backdrops.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member

This and showing a limo. Like really?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    And how lame is it a limo will not be picking up a famous Sim.

The celebrities forced to walk in the street... it could be dangerous while a lot of fans are following them.

I hope they hired bodyguards.
  • Options
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    And how lame is it a limo will not be picking up a famous Sim.

The celebrities forced to walk in the street... it could be dangerous while a lot of fans following them.

I hope they hired bodyguards.

lol, yeah, maybe bodyguards are in this EP to keep away the many obsessed fans the Sim will gain once they become more famous. Note, it said obsessed fans not one obsessed fan.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Car is ... decoration object.

qjqrupmtyyv6.jpg
    zetxrn2lj8kx.jpg

These paparazzi look like 'agents' and don't look real to me. Like the background Sims in CL. Take a hard look at the guy on the right. Is he even real?
  • Options
    Would you have preferred the paparazzi dress like they did in Superstar? A trench coat, fedora hat and lurking outside your sims house 24/7?