Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WAIT? CARS ARE IN GET FAMOUS (HUGE SPECULATION)

In the leaked Origin description:
Reach for the stars

Rise to stardom as an actor or influencer and navigate the wild turns of wealth and fame. Audition for career-making roles, attend wardrobe fittings, buy a mega mansion & cruise through Del Sol Valley in style.

Probably not but "cruise through" doesn't make sense for walking....

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I agree. Cruise through is very strangely worded if all they mean is walking. A better word choice would’ve been “stroll” but of course they have to troll the universe.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Reach for the stars

Rise to stardom as an actor or influencer and navigate the wild turns of wealth and fame. Audition for career-making roles, attend wardrobe fittings, buy a mega mansion & cruise through Del Sol Valley in style.

Probably just a figure os speech but would love if we get cars with the EP!

Also, not in love with the whole influencer thing, they are really pushing this instagram/youtuber influencer deals through.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Reach for the stars

Also, not in love with the whole influencer thing, they are really pushing this instagram/youtuber influencer deals through.

We're in the day and age where our biggest Celebrities are people like Kim/Kylie, Selena Gomez etc which a huge chunk of their career is brands and popularity.
    It makes sense.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2018
    As much as I'd like cars in the game, I think the Sims team would be very explicit with stating an EP has cars in it, if it actually did.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Reach for the stars

We're in the day and age where our biggest Celebrities are people like Kim/Kylie, Selena Gomez etc which a huge chunk of their career is brands and popularity.
    It makes sense.

Selena Gomez started as a singer/actress though. Kim just has a xxx tape.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    With some of the speculated hints already floating around I wouldn't outright deny the possibility. So possibly! 😊
    I think if so we'll definitely find out with the news later today.
  • Options
    Reach for the stars

It makes sense.

Selena Gomez started as a singer/actress though. Kim just has a xxx tape.

I know. But their careers are mostly being influencers. Selena barely takes her music seriously, and Kim and Kylie etc can say one thing and the whole world follows.

Kylie literally said that "she hated the new snapchat" and Snapchat's user base overnight hit rock bottom.

It's the age we live in and it would be ignorant to ignore it. I guess it's fun to influence your own Sims in your own game though. That's cool.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    That does sound like a car hint. I was looking at the screenshots hoping to see a limo. I'm thinking they might add basics in the patch and more stuff in the pack.

It seems like they definitely removed the foundation for the whole lot problem and that would be sensible with garages especially if they are animated.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe not cars but limos.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Maybe not cars but limos.

Hey, it's still a car ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Maybe we get a free update with Cars before the EP?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Technically, a limo is a car but not a car we might own. More like a NPC taxi for stars. A perk at some level.
  • Options
    @Aine wrote: »
    Maybe we get a free update with Cars before the EP?

Unless they are Sims 3 cars, with 0 animation, I think we'd need to pay. We had to pay for proper cars in TS3.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Technically, a limo is a car but not a car we might own. More like a NPC taxi for stars. A perk at some level.

Honestly, any form of working vehicle is good enough for me. Even if it's not ownable, at least it lays the groundwork for a vehicle and road system in the game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Honestly, any form of working vehicle is good enough for me. Even if it's not ownable, at least it lays the groundwork for a vehicle and road system in the game

I feel like they would come together.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cruise is a strange word if there’s no transport involved. Would also be really weird to see a famous actor or actress not have a car and just teleport.
  • Options
    Cruise is a strange word if there’s no transport involved. Would also be really weird to see a famous actor or actress not have a car and just teleport.

I definitely wouldn't use cruise in any daily situation when I only mean walking.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I hope cars don't come in a patch. I don't want cars because I'm worried they would mess up my historical saves. If they come in a pack, I can avoid them by not buying the pack, but if they're in a patch then I can't avoid it.
  • Options
    KaerralindKaerralind Posts: 8 New Member
    Maybe they'll give us bikes or scooters? "Cruise" is really a weird word if they're not adding vehicles and it'd be kind of nice to actually be able to drive places... or at least bike to them.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I hope cars don't come in a patch. I don't want cars because I'm worried they would mess up my historical saves. If they come in a pack, I can avoid them by not buying the pack, but if they're in a patch then I can't avoid it.

But you have fake cars crusing by your homes even if you are playing a historical game. Unless they live in WB on the island. But I still see them sometimes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2018
    Guys.. it has become pretty obvious. They know it, we know it, they know we know it too :p BRING IT ON!
  • Options
    CRUISE doesn't mean just cars or boats. Cruise also means to move around in an area without a destination for pleasure. A famous sim could cruise the Walk Of Fame hoping to be recognized and asked for an autograph. There's also the phrase "Cruise through life" usually meaning easily and without a care.
  • Options
    CRUISE doesn't mean just cars or boats. Cruise also means to move around in an area without a destination for pleasure. A famous sim could cruise the Walk Of Fame hoping to be recognized and asked for an autograph. There's also the phrase "Cruise through life" usually meaning easily and without a care.

Maybe you're reaching too far into it too :p

As much as I'd love to see if we're right or not, I agree we can't get too sunk into any specific words that would have any association with cars...
  • Options

Maybe you're reaching too far into it too :p

As much as I'd love to see if we're right or not, I agree we can't get too sunk into any specific words that would have any association with cars...

That's the definition according to google. Besides, I'd rather have a limo driving my sims around even if it's limited to just the new world.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited October 2018
    Marketing words, no car for real.
    When Maxis want to tell something, they use directly the right words.

For example, by describing the vehicles added to the game (car, bicycle, motorbike, helicopter ?).

Car is a big marketing argument, there is no reason to hide it in the description.

As the SimGurus would say, "Do not over-hype"

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on