Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WAIT? CARS ARE IN GET FAMOUS (HUGE SPECULATION)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    In the leaked Origin description:
    Reach for the stars

Rise to stardom as an actor or influencer and navigate the wild turns of wealth and fame. Audition for career-making roles, attend wardrobe fittings, buy a mega mansion & cruise through Del Sol Valley in style.

Probably not but "cruise through" doesn't make sense for walking....

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,612 Member
    edited October 2018
    If that's the case then planes were teased as well since the first clip was watching a plane fly over.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    If that's the case then planes were teaser to since the first clip was watching a plane fly over.

What about the plane icon in the corner when your sim travels? It's been there since day one. Where are planes?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If that's the case then planes were teaser to since the first clip was watching a plane fly over.

What about the plane icon in the corner when your sim travels? It's been there since day one. Where are planes?

In one of the back drops of a neighborhood there's an airport and you can see planes land and take off that's where they are their stuck they haven't broke the dimension yet. Lol.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    SimGuruGrant and SimGuruKate have stated there will be no cars in Get Famous. Luthien's thread has the exact tweets.

As I said. So obvious.

I agree, it is so obvious.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    And how lame is it a limo will not be picking up a famous Sim.

The celebrities forced to walk in the street... it could be dangerous while a lot of fans following them.

I hope they hired bodyguards.

lol, yeah, maybe bodyguards are in this EP to keep away the many obsessed fans the Sim will gain once they become more famous. Note, it said obsessed fans not one obsessed fan.

I feel like bodyguards will not be included, which makes no sense.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited October 2018
    To be fair, if they don't want people to argue and speculate, they shouldn't keep on making dead-end hints and getting peoples hopes up...
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    vikixc wrote: »
    To be fair, if they don't want people to argue and speculate, they shouldn't keep on making dead-end hints and getting peoples hopes up...

this.

• Options
    Maybe they think that we can act mature and not argue.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited October 2018
    Somebody also found icons for cars (including a police car) in the code. I believe we will be getting them soon in a later EP. Just not this year.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    If that's the case then planes were teased as well since the first clip was watching a plane fly over.

We've had air craft - they aren't new. Just something they always put in the sim. Look up more often. LOL. We've also had plenty of cars - fx ones sims cannot see - just for our eyes and parked ones. Nothing new. Look around all the worlds since the beginning -the limo is just another unreactable parked car - set decor because of the stardom design. I look at them as just another new tree - car shaped tree - set decor. Something Sims has always had too. Eventually maybe they will make some real ones but not this year - Grant has spoken.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited October 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »

this.

Well if not now maybe some other time.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maybe it's time to change the title of this thread? We know that cars aren't coming, but people who have just checked the Forum might think they are.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

We've had air craft - they aren't new. Just something they always put in the sim. Look up more often. LOL. We've also had plenty of cars - fx ones sims cannot see - just for our eyes and parked ones. Nothing new. Look around all the worlds since the beginning -the limo is just another unreactable parked car - set decor because of the stardom design. I look at them as just another new tree - car shaped tree - set decor. Something Sims has always had too. Eventually maybe they will make some real ones but not this year - Grant has spoken.

If you would have read my next comment you'd find out that I already know airplanes have been in the neighborhood and I was simply being sarcastic since most were like oh they made a garage in the stream, oh I see a car cars confirmed. So I saw a plane fly by in the trailer and was like oh a plane flew by airplanes confirmed.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    It's too bad they haven't even started making cars yet. I thought they were atleast being tested.
  • Options
    It's too bad they haven't even started making cars yet. I thought they were atleast being tested.

According to Graham's tweet, they aren't being thought about any time in the near future.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

this.

No - we the people have to be more mature about it. They trust us to be, shouldn't we? We are not 5 and should not have a fit over every sort of fitting piece of set decor added to the game. It's about stars and fame - a limo - set piece should be expected. It should not be expected to be usable just because you want it to be when set decor has always been part of what the Sims is to at least look realistic. How usable is all your other clutter in your sims houses and yards. All the trees and plants. The boats. The aircraft. The Nessy even. It's touches that make the world allow us to dream and maybe even at one place in time change up some to be usable.

It's like Christmas decor at Chirstmas would you rather not have it because it does nothing or do you sort of like looking at it at Christmas for the aviance. Not everything you see in Sims is ever more than that - so why make a limo a bad thing. Control your want and who knows maybe one day we will get interactive ones - maybe not. It is pleasing to the eye because it fits. Desire adults should be able to control - don't you think? Having issues with it is in your own hands to be honest. Try focusing on what interactive things we do get and keep politely encouraging the devs to realize some things you may want to be usable eventually gets made. For now try and be the bigger person, and just accept your new tree (limo) or if it bothers you ignore it if it can't be moved or deleted. Don't hate the forest for the trees because they just sit there, they sort of bring the world to life after all.

ETA - On a personal note well I enjoyed my life to be perfect (not super douper or unusual - just rather decent and I enjoyed normal average life at one time and liked it how it was). I wasn't rich, that was okay - I was happy, and then one day I woke up with aggressive cancer. Did not want it - did not do anything to cause it - I follow all the rules of life - so did not lean in any of bad directions that make one have these issues and had no family member ever touched by this demon - but I got cancer and the worse kind and now here I am again fighting an even worse form after beating the first one. So you want a limo to be real. I want to live - I didn't do anything ever to make this my reality - but never the less I have it and have to deal with it. Having a fit does not change that. That's my battle - nobody elses. I can live with another fake car in the game. It's very small in comparison and I am frankly just glad to have a game that can sort of move my mind away from all thoughts of the things in the real world as really how important is a working limo when you sit it beside real life. Believe me you don't want everything the real world offers anyway as some times it rots.

Well said. I'm so sorry about your battle with cancer Reg. :(
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,994 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    They really need someone to look through their articles and look for words that might cause hype. They know that people want cars. Why would they use the word cruise? Quite thoughtless of them.
    Maybe that was a hint for later....
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Thank you. And sorry about the post - I had a bad day today and most of this week. I shouldn't bring that to the forum and didn't mean to sound like an ogre. Sorry again. It's all I can say. I understand how wanting something badly for you fav game matters as I've been there too and felt angry over it as well. Hopefully sometimes soon you'll get those cars.

It's like that sometimes with me lately, so I deleted the original. Even with my game sometimes it's hard to get away from real life - takes everything right out of prospective. I am sorry.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Didn't they say the exact same thing with toddlers? 'Please stop asking.' 'No current plans to add them...' and then one day out of left field...
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Maybe they think that we can act mature and not argue.

Not really, there are dealing with thousands of us and some, if not most of the Simmers are under the age of 20, this is the games target audience. Teenagers are not known for being reserved and in control of their emotions (I was once a teenager and speaking from experience.)

Like I said, if they don't want arguments and people speculating, they should stop dropping hints if there is nothing to hint at. Also, the guy/girl that Grant replied to wasn't even being immature. They simply said: "Maybe the prepatch." Then Grant went off on one.

If they have no intention of adding cars in the near future and according to some of the replies from the Gurus they aren't; STOP WINDING PEOPLE UP AND THEN GETTING ANNOYED WHEN THEY SPECULATE.

I don't think it's the fans that are being immature in this instance.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    edited October 2018
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Maybe it's time to change the title of this thread? We know that cars aren't coming, but people who have just checked the Forum might think they are.

why. it does say huge Speculation.
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    Where is the garage for your limo in your... penthouse :p ?

arl33djqbzzf.jpg

I want to know what is new here other than the CL backdrops? And how lame is it a limo will not be picking up a famous Sim. With all this bragging about money made by TS4 where is it spent? On backdrops.

Lmaoooo this is soooo true !!! It’s hard enough for my current sims to spend their legacy money and she bag loads they make from owning a business I no longer send them to work as much because it’s getting silly their house is big enough I just don’t know what the spend my money on anymore ! I really hope this pack brings something I can invest in what better than cars ?
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    Car is ... decoration object.

qjqrupmtyyv6.jpg
    zetxrn2lj8kx.jpg

These paparazzi look like 'agents' and don't look real to me. Like the background Sims in CL. Take a hard look at the guy on the right. Is he even real?

No they are all sims ! The background sims in CL don’t even look like sims or have much detail
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I don’t understand the point of thrusting visual effect vehicles into the scene when they aren’t actually a thing in game. You can’t blame players for being annoyed that a highly requested feature is being utilized in trailers solely to make a scene while not actually being a thing in game. Did the scene need a limo? No not really, but they put a decorative one there anyway. Can’t blame the developers for it since they don’t make the trailers, but the marketing dept did not do a very good job on this trailer.