Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy Sims 5?

The specific qualifier is 'straightaway'.

Would you buy it straight away? You see it in the store and no matter the reviews, you'd buy it as soon as you could?
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Would you buy Sims 5? 524 votes

Yes.
46%
ehaught58Akl500PLianuh1104auroraael14CK213OneAdorkableGirlGRIMMYwindweaverrudy8292TheStarHermitJaiSeaIdontrcallalan650111IceyJdavidp0418storyyBlkBarbiegalaelias24WedMaMaTwinklebird 243 votes
No.
53%
catmom1987boyinflorida21icmnfrshLeGardePourpreKita5399JaseLaBlue0314aprilroseCabelle1863xbecky685xdimp10Jessa_DakkarKatlyn2525lisamwittoveronimhappyEvilWitch83AlrynnmcruddSimburian 281 votes

Comments

• Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Yes.
    I think yes to try it out but now that i’m thinking about it if the reviews are bad i’m not so sure if the base game is lacking as much or more like the sims 4 launch game i would be really dissapointed so i hope they release the sims 5 in like 2022 so they have enough time to make it the best base game to date because if that isn’t the goal why even bother making a new one
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Yes.
    I answered "yes." I've always purchased the new Sims games straighaway. However, if it were announced the game would not include things I want and the appearance was not something that appealed to me, I'd probably wait.

But, as it stands now, the answer is "yes."
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes.
    Yes if it looks good :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    No.
    Nope, did that with the Sims 3 and because I didn't like the look of it, I layed it to rest until the first expansion came out.
    I bought the Sims 4 when get together was announced.
  • Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    No.
    I voted no because the poll asks straight away...not only have I very recently acquired sims 4 but I usually like to let a sims game fester for a bit before jumping in...was not a coincidence at all that seasons came out and I bought 4 when it did, looking back I dont know how I ever survived without seasons
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No.
    Regardless of what a hypothetical Sims 5 would be, I have no intention to purchase it until it has the features that I want in it. I'm tired of playing the holding pattern game while waiting for the packs that I am interested in to be released. So even if it was something I am interested in I am not taking the proverbial plunge until it has seasons, pets and vampires.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    No.
    No because I'm happy playing the sims 4.
  • Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    No.
    [quote="OEII1001;c-16734977"]Regardless of what a hypothetical Sims 5 would be, I have no intention to purchase it until it has the features that I want in it. I'm tired of playing the holding pattern game while waiting for the packs that I am interested in to be released. So even if it was something I am interested in I am not taking the proverbial plunge until it has seasons, pets and vampires.[/quote]

And toddlers!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Yes.
    Can I pre-order?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes.
    With the restriction that if it would be clear they’d follow the current direction then no, in that case I wouldn’t. But if it would look in any way promising, I’d want to at least try it out.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes.
    I'd like to think I would be critical and wait a little to see if it's right up my alley but I know I would pre-order it as soon as it's announced :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    No.
    No, I don't buy a game straight away without informing myself first. I always look for all the news and info I can find about an upcoming game, and read any available reviews. I also like to wait a little to see what bugs players have found.

There's only one time I remember purchasing a game for release day, Planet Coaster. There was so much info available prerelease, including lots of info from the beta testing, I felt confident I'm my purchase decision.

When Sims 5 is released, I will likely buy it if it is the type of life simulator I want. But I won't buy until I've done my research. That's just how I roll.
  • Options
    SimsècretSimsècret Posts: 54 Member
    No.
    After the disappointment with buying the sims 4 straight away, I wouldn't buy the sims 5 right after it got released.
    Necessary basics were missing and I emediatly went back to playing the sims 3.
    I did this for about 2 years until the sims 4 was more up to date.
    So.... NO I wouldn't buy it straight away :)
  • Options
    FrancescaThonaFrancescaThona Posts: 2 New Member
    No.
    > @"Simsècret" said:
    > After the disappointment with buying the sims 4 straight away, I wouldn't buy the sims 5 right after it got released.
    > Necessary basics were missing [...]

This is exactly the reson why I don't wont buy it.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes.
    Yes because I am such a huge Sims fan. The day it was released I would have exhaustively known every single fact and detail about the game!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes.
    I voted Yes, but I'm missing the middle ground here...

I want to see what the game is like before I even can say Yes or No..

If it has (semi) open world, the cartoony sims 4 style graphics, PROPER life stages (hello teens, toddlers and babies) and all the other creativity tools Sims 3 provided.. then most likely yes.

If it's another dumbed down version of The Sims franchise, like The current Sims 4 is, then probably not.

Would I buy it straightaway? without reading any reviews etc? No.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes.
    Loanet wrote: »
    The specific qualifier is 'straightaway'.

Would you buy it straight away? You see it in the store and no matter the reviews, you'd buy it as soon as you could?

Yes along with more Sims 4 Packs. I buy all the Sims Iterations unless of course it's multi online and not single player.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited September 2018
    No.
    Not right away. Sims is an expensive game, so I'd wait for sales before buying a new base game or any packs. And I would want to know what the game was like.
    Post edited by pinneduphair on
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    No.
    After Sims 4's disastrous launch, I'd like to know first if it's good or not.

That said, I am hoping for a Sims 5 that's actually a worthy sequel to the franchise
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2018
    No.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I voted Yes, but I'm missing the middle ground here...

I want to see what the game is like before I even can say Yes or No..

If it has (semi) open world, the cartoony sims 4 style graphics, PROPER life stages (hello teens, toddlers and babies) and all the other creativity tools Sims 3 provided.. then most likely yes.

If it's another dumbed down version of The Sims franchise, like The current Sims 4 is, then probably not.

Well, the reason there's no middle ground as an option is because programmers love it when they can get you to buy on impulse. That way, the quality of the game doesn't matter. If you have huge trust in EA/Maxis turning out a great product you'll buy it without hesitation. If you're cautious, you might want to wait a few months - by which time it might turn out the game's full of bugs or over-priced Microtransactions or Online Only play or is lacking in pools or toddlers or aliens...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    No.

'Starigt away...regardless of the reviews' no definitely not except the reviews are mostly positive then yes even pre-order infact

But If it's going to repeat the same shortcomings and limitations of the S4 i.e cutting off/ removing basic base game things and or making it entirely an online/multiplayer game Then a Big NO...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes.
    Probably, I don't really go by other people's reviews and never have, unless I know for sure they play exactly like me. If they don't, then what's important to them may not be important to me and vice versa. And it really depends on what type of genre it is. Reviews might help with finding out more details about that. I wasn't overly bothered by not having open world in TS4, and I liked the open spaces a lot, however, I would want at least open districts this time to visit the house next door etc. Stuff like that didn't really bother me. (But another moodlet system might bother me).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    No.
    I don't trust them enough to buy anything straight off anymore. Didn't buy sims4, probably won't buy sims 5 if there is one. Would have to be one spectacular game and more of a combo of 2 and 3, then backwards like 4.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, I would, given it's not a repeat of TS4 and how it came out with a lot of basic content out of the BG.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1