Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy Sims 5?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    No.
    It's strange to want to go back to an empty game right now when people still complain about the lack of content in The Sims 4.

But I can understand the enthusiasm to play with the features you waited for years or discovering the new gameplay.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes.
    It's strange to want to go back to an empty game right now when people still complain about the lack of content in The Sims 4.

But I can understand the enthusiasm to play with the features you waited for years or discovering the new gameplay.
    It's not strange when - for you - all they can ever add to Sims 4 will be nothing but a palliative. A whole new and fresh game at least will mean a new chance. I want a basegame by the way, not an empty game. That should not be the same thing.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited September 2018
    No.
    @JoAnne65

"Empty" basegame, I mean no swimming pool, no toddler, no basement, no genealogy tree, no ghost, no NPC nanny/repairman, no locked doors, no claimable bed, no dishwasher, ...
    All the things we get today which wasn't in the basegame on September 2nd, 2014.

In fact, the basegame become complete in 2017 with the Toddler patch.

If The Sims 5 follow the same way, the basegame could be half-baked on the launch day.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes.
    @JoAnne65

"Empty" basegame, I mean no swimming pool, no toddler, no basement, no genealogy tree, no ghost, no NPC nanny/repairman, no locked doors, no claimable bed, no dishwasher, ...
    All the things we get today which wasn't in the basegame on September 2nd, 2014.

If The Sims 5 follow the same way, the basegame could be half-baked on the launch day.

we never had a sims game so starved of features until the sims 4 came along, even the sims 4 packs are so starved of features.
    and it took them long enough to add some. not everybody got his/her favorite.

terrain tool
    pond tool
    create a world
    correct teen height
    fireman,
    policeman
    create a pattern
    cars/ garages

and more still not present in this game.

lets just hope its not starved of feature when the sims 5 comes for those with no interest of the sims 4.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited September 2018
    Yes.

remember not all sims fans play the sims 4. they won't be worrying about starting again.

the sims 4 is so limited and without still big past features.
    what makes you think every sims fans would continue to play this game when the sims 5 comes.
    Post edited by marcel21 on

edited September 2018
    Yes.
    @JoAnne65

When a basegame has all the life stages, done well and fleshed out, and a solid personality system, and an entertaining and absorbing social system, and an open world system and plenty of creative tools to customize the game, I will really not miss dishwashers. All the other things you mention should be in the basegame afaic. Yes, it’s strange to want to go back to an empty game the way Sims 4’s basegame was (and also Sims 3’s basegame was lacking where it came to family play), but that’s why I wouldn’t want that. I hope EA realizes that and does that better this time around.

In fact this is exactly why everything added to Sims 4, even well done packs like Vampires, feels like a palliative to me. I just want them to start over and do it right.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Yes.
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't mind if I need to purchase the "same" things all over again such as pets or seasons or witches or whatever because they won't really be identical although they will be of the same ilk.

I am hopeful that a new game will bring new things to the table, whether it's a more open world, real roads for cars, a different color scheme/art style. Yes, I bought seasons and pets among other packs in the Sims 4, but if there is a Sims 5 it is going to be as different from Sims 4 as all the other sims games were different from each other.

Having said this, I admit that the Sims is the only major computer game I play (I play some other silly little games), so the expense of purchasing these for me might not make as big an impact on me as someone who plays a lot of other expensive games. Plus the amount of hours I spend playing it and having fun makes it worthwhile.

The base games have all been so different from each other. I don't think Sims 5 is going to be me purchasing all the Sims 4 expansions again.

I hope that makes sense, lol. Sometimes I'm confusing.

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes.
    I think it would be good but there is only so much you can do with the same game 🤷🏼‍♀️

Not so I have a number of games I have been playing each rendition of for the last 20 years and some even longer. Every one has a uniqueness about it - and enough difference to make me happy enjoying my fav games.

To me saying things one does for a long time is not much worth repeating and changing up is like saying marriages and long time friendships are doomed. While my marriage of 35 years is just as beautiful and wonderful as its always has been and I couldn't imagine life any other way. Wouldn't want to. I guess that depends though on ones own values.

It's sort of sad to see anyone say - well I've given 10 -20 years to this or that it is not worth it to invest further? Really?I totally disagree.

But i have seen games people say it's the next great thing - best ever made and go try it to find out. I hated it and went right back to my tried and true games. To me usually Sims is like that. JUst different enough to keep it new - yet familiar enough to find my comfort zone and high interest in where it will go. Hmmm much like life itself - just easier I think.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited September 2018
    No.
    Needed more answers.

Should've been yes in 5yrs., yes if it is totally different than S4, or yes if it is open world something like that added with the yes and no. I just feel that it wouldn't be a flat yes or no for many if there were certain things that were added or changed. :)

My answer is no until around 5-7yrs. Also, at this point, it would be redundant unless they added open worlds back. That is the number one thing I miss from S3. I can't multi task a family correctly and with all the screens & the sims doing what they want instead of what I want, it doesn't feel like S3. Full autonimy off should mean no toddler is climbing out of the high chair, my sims shouldn't be obsessed with taking them out of the high chair and various other things they get obsessed about. Those screens stop the action and immersion after being use to being in S3 with no interruptions. I guess I would just have to see what it was like. I have open worlds in S3 and screens in S4, so unless it was different aka open worlds, then they should just keep adding to S4 for a very long time.

I pd. for S4 and I want it to be fleshed out. If they gave up this fast on S4, then what keeps it from happening from now on. I don't want to pay for S4 and then their slow release of content means very few EPs and some other things. I don't want a pattern of that in S5 and on. S4 doesn't hold a candle to all available content for S3.

Personally, I wish that they were redirecting(what they are already doing to save money/time by shutting down of some language forums & other stuff) for the purpose of adding another EP team. There is the EP, the SP, and the GP and I feel like we don't get anything fast enough. With the Sims3 store cranking out content in between the SP's & EP's, we had content near all the time coming out and when we didn't, there was news of what might/was coming. I think that is one of the things missing with the whole S4 experience. I couldn't miss a day of forums for fear of missing something and now, I can be off for weeks and come back to just the same things that was on when I left and no news of content still. I've done that most of this year. That isn't what I want though. :)
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes.
    I'd buy the base game right away, even without looking at reviews, just to see how it is for myself. But if it's bad, I probably won't buy any dlc.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    No.
    People say it needed more answers, but you can't really 'sort of buy' something. Well, not a game. Are you going to buy it as soon as it comes out or not? It's that simple, and if the answer is "I'll think about it" then the answer is in fact "No".
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Yes.
    Loanet wrote: »
    People say it needed more answers, but you can't really 'sort of buy' something. Well, not a game. Are you going to buy it as soon as it comes out or not? It's that simple, and if the answer is "I'll think about it" then the answer is in fact "No".
    You can't 'sort of buy' something, but you can weigh pros and cons in reality. We can't here though, because it's all hypothetical, we know nothing. As I understand it correctly your poll asks 'would you buy this game blindly'. I bought packs for Sims 3 blindly, others will buy packs for Sims 4 blindly, that's got something to do with how content you are about what you got in the past. Many people who are calling out for a Sims 5 aren't happy at all atm though, which could trigger them to answer this poll with 'no, I don't trust them blindly'. The result of your poll then would show a strong minority who'd buy Sims 5, sending out a message to EA that they don't need to bother. I want them to bother though, so perfectly content with answering yes in the poll. Bring it on EA, we'll see.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • giovisapenguingiovisapenguin Posts: 19 Member
    No.
    i'm too broke to buy games, i usually just download the cracked versions but let's pretend i had money to buy it, i think i'd wait to see other people's gameplays and maybe form an opinion about it
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Yes.
    Down the road, yes, but I feel Sims 4 is still missing a few features. IDK though, but I would buy it it I believe.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Imagine that sims 4 get more dcl's in 3 years before sims 5 release and what it feel to play only base game and wait all the content was in older games. In sims 3 i didn't really mind of playing just base game because of open world and a lot of other new things they added. But in sims 4 there wasn't really anything new in only a base game, i needed a lot of packs to make it really good game( and still after 4 years there are a lot of missing features) I hope that sims 5 base game would be something new.
    I would like to know already what kind of game sims 5 would be but i also would like that sims base game would be worth of playing.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
    Yes.
    Down the road, yes, but I feel Sims 4 is still missing a few features. IDK though, but I would buy it it I believe.

This sims 4 is missing so many features.

I am still waiting for home business and proper apartment building both missing in get to work and city living and horses and cages animal from cats&dogs

edited September 2018
    No.
    No matter how is the basegame, the game experience is still better when you own 3 Expansion Packs.

More styles of objects to build our houses.
    More gameplay and activities for our sims.

I remember when I began with University + Nightlife + Open For Business, it was very good.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited September 2018
    No.
    If it goes the way this last iteration went; there won't be a snowball's chance in hell that I'm going to toss good money on the garbage heap. There's a reason I keep playing TS3 (for all it's problems and quirks - you may call me a stubborn OLD goat...and you'd be right on both accounts; I AM STUBBORN...and I AM OLD) and that's because despite the fact that I've been late to the Sims party, I've gotten more satisfaction out of playing TS3 than the TS4 demo dumpster fire.

My late Dad always told me "Remember, son...always think about what you spend your hard-earned money on..."...and judging from what I'm seeing from the TS4 releases...IT HASN'T EARNED MY MONEY.

So you can be darned sure that I'm going to take a "wait and see" tack with TS5 to see if it's worth my while.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited September 2018
    Yes.
    No matter how is the basegame, the game experience is still better when you own 3 Expansion Packs.

I remember when I began with University + Nightlife + Open For Business, it was very good.
    Yes, but expansions should be the appetizers, not game savers.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    No.
    After my disappointment with TS4 (and I emphasise the word my) there is no way I will ever buy a new sims game again on impulse. I would want to know precisely what I was getting in the base game and if the features I regard as essential for a good sims game were not there or promised for sometime never then I wouldn't be tempted.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    Yes.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Yes, but expansions should be the appetizers, not game savers.

so very true :)

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yes.
    Let's say I would get it.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No.
    I'm Still using my laptop from 2007 that my father gave to me for the purpose of school work. Luckily it was Windows Vista OS, and Vista OS at that time had a huge hardware spec. I was so happy to find out that I could even run Sims 4 in 2018 with no simulation lag. The Sims 4 is the only latest game that I could play as most games from 2014 and above can't run on this pc. A new computer is not also my priority as I am still studying. So No for me, until I can get a new pc. (Which is better because I don't have to wait for packs lol).
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Yes.
    Loanet wrote: »

I paid more attention to the title of the thread than your qualifier. :p
    Now the poll does look a bit silly as I assume most people would go in knowing something about the game and buy based on that rather than just bearing the name Sims 5.

And straight away means something different to me as I consider it the period between the introduction of the base game and the first expansion pack.

I think most people are saying it depends which isn't and option in the poll.
    If the game has certain features that gets me excited, yes I will buy it day one.
    If it doesn't, no, I will wait and see if something else makes up for what it does not offer, or if shapes up to be a better game down the road.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds