Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy Sims 5?

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Opting for Maybe. One thing it would HAVE to have back is the option to at least let us choose from our own colors, not just the games preset ones (even if some objects have 10+ color choices.) I don't need to have the full CAST back - though it's fine with me if it was all back - but it has to at least have color palettes we can choose.
    That's the only MUST at this point. Other things that would strongly encourage me though:

It would be nice but not a must to have some basic weather and pets in Sims 5.
    Terrain tools
    semi open world - larger worlds than we have in Sims 4 at least, maybe 30-40 lots per world instead of nearly half that. And open neighborhoods with 5-10 lots per neighborhood.

If we had all that in the base game, then yeah I would definitely buy it no questions.
    If we have all but the color tool I might eventually but it wouldn't be an immediate purchase. I'd probably wait 2-3 years and a really good sale.
    If we had the color tool but not the rest I would likely buy it but might wait for a sale of some sort.
    If we had none of the above, no interest. It would to me be lacking in the things I would like to see that Sims 3 had that Sims 4 did not, and a repeat of that wouldn't be necessary when I've already got sims 4. In fact the only reason I bought into Sims 4 in the first place was Sims 3 was so unstable. I like it now but I didn't buy it for a good six month. If we start out with even less than Sims 4 had (though they'd probably put toddlers in for sure) I just don't think I'd be interested in a 5th and less complete iteration.

I could see small pets in a base game, but cats/dogs (horses?) would wait for a pack because not everyone wants the hassle. We've had a bunch of complaints about dirty/smelly/hungry/sick strays wandering around Brindleton Bay (at least strays don't spawn in other worlds). And if they did basic weather like rain/wind/hot and cold weather, they could spend resources on the eventual "seasons" pack adding snow and maybe doing something different like adding mild natural disasters (basement flooding, brief power outages and the like). I'd also like to have at least a color wheel and ability to enter the hexadecimal number to make color changes on items.

What I'd like to see for world structure is to keep the ability to travel between different worlds, but the world you're in is open then you have a loading screen to travel to the next world just like we did when going to/from University in Sims 3 (and like we have now). I'd also like to have a little more separation of the worlds though -- fewer walkbys from other "towns" in the home neighborhoods, though you could still run into people at venues or scenarios like festivals or on vacation.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes.
    I said yes because I will have done my research and found out what's in the base game before it is released. Hopefully by then I will probably have a better laptop that will play TS5 and older games by the time it's released so if I don't like it, I can go back and play other games until the content I am missing is released in packs.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    No.
    No, I have never bought any of the Sims games as soon as they were released although I was tempted to buy the Sims 4 straight away, I am glad I didn't, I remember how empty the game was and how dissapointed everyone was. I held back and waited to see some real footage and reviews, I then knew I wouldn't enjoy it in it's half baked state.

I will NEVER buy a Sims game without seeing it first because whilst I like the franchise in general, I don't want to be stung by it.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes.
    Oops, I answered yes without reading your qualifier - I would buy it eventually but not immediately. I didn't buy TS3 until 2011, or TS4 until 2016 - a mixture of wanting to get the most out of the previous iterations after spending so much money on them, and partly because I lost interest in the Sims for a while and stopped playing.

There are two major things in particular that would make me withhold from buying it immediately or even eventually - open world and CASt. TS3 in general is very poorly optimised and riddled with issues but the aforementioned features make the game incredibly demanding in a way TS2 and TS4 just aren't. My computer can't handle TS3 with more than 3 or 4 packs, and even before then it's incredibly slow and laggy, to the point that all enjoyment is lost - I certainly wouldn't want to waste money on a game I couldn't even run. Loading screens are fine by me, as they were in TS2 (which is arguably still the best Sims game to date). Likewise, I can do without having all of my furniture grey for 30 seconds when loading a new lot because the game has to load every individual pattern on every individual object.. just give me the option to change things like bed frames and bedding separately and I'll be fine.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    No.
    Honestly, they're not even saying that the Sims game they're hiring for IS Sims 5. Just that it's a Sims game. You know what else is a Sims game? Sims Freeplay and Sims Mobile - and both of them are spin-offs of Sims 4 with the same art-style.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Honestly, they're not even saying that the Sims game they're hiring for IS Sims 5. Just that it's a Sims game. You know what else is a Sims game? Sims Freeplay and Sims Mobile - and both of them are spin-offs of Sims 4 with the same art-style.
    How is that related to your poll?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    I find it strange that people would buy a game, without waiting to see if it's any good.

whats strange about it?

also by the time its releases we would of seen trailers and game play before its even released!

its not like people will be buying it and never see anything about it.

I find it strange that people seem so happy to pay full price to get it the day it comes out. I prefer to save money, and wait to see what other players think of it. By the time a sale comes round, you've got a much better idea of how glitchy it may be.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes.
    As a few others have said, I'd like to say no, that I'd wait and find out everything I needed to know about it and how well I can expect it to be/do, but the truth is, I'm a Sims addict and I'd buy it straight away. That is, provided it is still available on my preferred platform which I'm coming to highly doubt it will be. Feels like EA is slowly but surely trying to move their gaming to mobile platforms which doesn't interest me at all really. **crosses fingers for multi-platforming Sims 5**
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    No.
    If it's anything like the previous versions, where the base game is barren and it takes years to get all the packs, then no... I like the aesthetics of sims 4 and will enjoy playing the game till the entire sims 5 series is finished. But I'll definitely watch youtubers play the game, out of curiosity. :p
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    No.
    lol @ the No's
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes.
    MekoShark wrote: »
    If it's anything like the previous versions, where the base game is barren and it takes years to get all the packs, then no... I like the aesthetics of sims 4 and will enjoy playing the game till the entire sims 5 series is finished. But I'll definitely watch youtubers play the game, out of curiosity. :p

the sims 4 base game is the worst in the whole series for me.
    and the sims 4 packs are so stripped of features compared to the past games.
    plus the amount of features not present in a lot of the sims 4 packs

only three active careers and an extremely poor retail in get to work.

no horses or caged animals in cats&dopgs

no host/serve/chef by my household in dine out

no community seasonal events in seasons at all apart from skating, scouts for kids and food stands.

every pack as been so underwhelming, no chance of it ever improving with the sims 4.

seems likes its going to cost even more for even less with this version of the sims.

vampires
    spa day
    parenthood
    get together

all great packs for me tho.

seasons seems to have the least of all packs
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    No.
    no not at the moment for me in order to buy the sims5 it would need to be a major wow factor and need more info as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimnoobsieSimnoobsie Posts: 26 Member
    Yes.
    I answered yes because I know myself too well. I wouldn't be ready for it at this time because I'm still building my collection for Sims 4. But when I find a game I love I buy each expansion as soon as I can. I have to get right into it, then after I've thoroughly checked it out I go back to whatever I was doing and just bounce back and forth. Now that Sims 4 has its claws in me, I don't see it letting go at any time soon lol So I will need all of the things.
    Find me on Instgram @simnoobsie for all of my builds.
    For full, inside/out images of my builds go to Imgur. User name Simnoobsie
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, but I don't know how I'd juggle playing it between 3 and 4. I already have trouble juggling those two.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    No.
    Right now I'm going to say No, simply because I haven't heard a single word about it, and don't know anything about it.
  • Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    edited September 2018
    No.
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    See, this is the thing, I asked "Would you buy Sims 5 without reviews," but what I also meant was "just on the premise it's Sims 5?" And a lot of the people who say yes, actually tack 'if' onto the end, which actually means they should have answerd 'no'.

Like, I might buy Sims 5. But not until I knew it was worth it.

To be fair, some of the no answers had tacks at the end of their statements, too ... like unless it has this and that.

Do you think it possible EA would release a game without any information on what it contains? Without mentioning any features? I don't think your restrictions in this poll would ever happen. There would be official information out about the game, I'm pretty sure.

Would I purchase without proper reviews, yes. Would I purchase without any indication of what is in the game? No.

If the restrictions are that everyone must be 100 percent blind as to what they are purchasing, then I believe that 99 percent of answers for any game (Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and even other game franchise I don't know because I don't play) would be a "no."

What was your purpose behind this poll?

I get why @Loanet asked the question, at least in my Sims experience (and I'm sure plenty of others). In previous iterations of the Sims, I jumped on packs for the Sims experience without hesitation. No reviews, didn't need a teaser (although they were great), didn't need to watch gameplay, didn't need any of that, my mind was made up. Even took a whole vacation day on the release date of a new pack. It was always worth it, never disappointed me. At least in Sims 1 & 2, then things slowed down for me for Sims 3 because of the aesthetics and the bugginess of the game. Those were some of the most unpleasing to the eye Sims I'd ever seen and definitely NOT worth the bugs. So I stopped playing.
    Then Sims 4 came out and it was beautiful aesthetically and ran better. I got super excited! Then the gameplay started and I realized how much of the Sims experience was missing. I used to be a die hard Sims player and now I have to watch let's plays on YouTube to be inspired to play my own game because it gets so boring sometimes. Welp, learned my lesson.
    I absolutely will not buy Sims 5 straight away, period. But that's me. And if anyone would buy them without reviews, then hey have fun with that. But some that are saying yes actually wouldn't buy it straight away either since they said AFTER they've seen reviews. Now would I buy it later? Maybe, after watching the let's plays of at least 4 YouTubers and after a few packs have been added. I'd consider it then.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes.
    Thank you for answering my question @Elegantblkchina1

I wasn't sure if she was just curious about how others felt or if there was another reason.

I understand your hesitancy. I would purchase base game just to see for myself. Later expansions I would not purchase if I didn't like what I saw in the base game.

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    No.
    Thank you for answering my question @Elegantblkchina1

I wasn't sure if she was just curious about how others felt or if there was another reason.

I understand your hesitancy. I would purchase base game just to see for myself. Later expansions I would not purchase if I didn't like what I saw in the base game.

To tell you truth, I'd love to be in the mindset to buy it right away, but EA has done us dirty on Sims 4 and I just can't. I just can't 😔
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2018
    No.
    It's definitely not about reviews to me. Never has been. I don't care what others think about a game for the most part. Now I might watch some let's plays or streams if I'm not irritated by the person that does it. That's more to get an overall look of what the game. I want to see some things carried over like need management being manageable, among other game mechanics that are key to my personal enjoyment of a sims game.
    I just don't think I'll get it straight away simply to save money. If I have a playable game and I'm very sure I will ..I don't need to be first in line. I will eventually get it no matter what the reviews say. Hopefully with the first sale. I've always gotten the base game at least. If the game doesn't work for me at the base though it won't work for me long term and I wouldn't try to force that for myself. I personally don't need every bell and whistle in a base game either. I'm not going to set myself up for that sour taste in my mouth if they don't have (insert gameplay item here) because it's absolutely needed for me to enjoy it overall. (Sorry was saying that in a sort mocking tone as I typed it and realized it comes out wrong if you can't hear that tone lol. I just meant it doesn't have to have every game play item in the base game. I expect that to come later.
    If I need cc and mods to enjoy it.. it's out for me. I love trying them out for enhancement but at this point I'm spoiled in that respect.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    No.

Does anyone remember The Urbz? Could be that too. Which by the way was surprisingly good. I made it to the penthouse! 😅
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Yes.
    See, this is the thing, I asked "Would you buy Sims 5 without reviews," but what I also meant was "just on the premise it's Sims 5?" And a lot of the people who say yes, actually tack 'if' onto the end, which actually means they should have answerd 'no'.

To be fair, some of the no answers had tacks at the end of their statements, too ... like unless it has this and that.

Do you think it possible EA would release a game without any information on what it contains? Without mentioning any features? I don't think your restrictions in this poll would ever happen. There would be official information out about the game, I'm pretty sure.

Would I purchase without proper reviews, yes. Would I purchase without any indication of what is in the game? No.

If the restrictions are that everyone must be 100 percent blind as to what they are purchasing, then I believe that 99 percent of answers for any game (Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and even other game franchise I don't know because I don't play) would be a "no."

I get why @Loanet asked the question, at least in my Sims experience (and I'm sure plenty of others). In previous iterations of the Sims, I jumped on packs for the Sims experience without hesitation. No reviews, didn't need a teaser (although they were great), didn't need to watch gameplay, didn't need any of that, my mind was made up. Even took a whole vacation day on the release date of a new pack. It was always worth it, never disappointed me. At least in Sims 1 & 2, then things slowed down for me for Sims 3 because of the aesthetics and the bugginess of the game. Those were some of the most unpleasing to the eye Sims I'd ever seen and definitely NOT worth the bugs. So I stopped playing.
    Then Sims 4 came out and it was beautiful aesthetically and ran better. I got super excited! Then the gameplay started and I realized how much of the Sims experience was missing. I used to be a die hard Sims player and now I have to watch let's plays on YouTube to be inspired to play my own game because it gets so boring sometimes. Welp, learned my lesson.
    I absolutely will not buy Sims 5 straight away, period. But that's me. And if anyone would buy them without reviews, then hey have fun with that. But some that are saying yes actually wouldn't buy it straight away either since they said AFTER they've seen reviews. Now would I buy it later? Maybe, after watching the let's plays of at least 4 YouTubers and after a few packs have been added. I'd consider it then.
    But that’s exactly the point why I don’t really understand this poll. Because the OP openly doesn’t want a Sims 5 and now asks the community if they’d buy such a successor. Blindly. Why blindly? You bought everything for Sims 1 and 2 blindly, I bought everything for Sims 3 blindly, because you see, everything you write about that is your personal perception. I love Sims 3’s aesthetics and my own sims in the game, better than I like the looks of Sims 4. But more importantly: I loved playing that game. So whatever they added, I purchased blindly because I knew that no matter what, it would be a valuable addition to my game.

So we can conclude that only happy campers buy blindly. And who are the happy campers right now? The people who love Sims 4 the way you loved 1 and 2 and the way I loved 3. Those simmers however declare they don’t want a Sims 5, they want Sims 4 to continue another 15 years. And simmers who do want a Sims 5 will definitely not buy blindly, because they’ve been disappointed about the new direction of this franchise.

So I must confess I’m a bit in the dark what exactly the purpose of this poll is and what exactly the outcome reveals. Nothing really.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes.
    I think when someone mentions Sims 5 now - and being aware Sims 4 has at least 3 more years - instead of our brains seeing "when this is done in 3-4years and Sims 5 is ready in 4 or so years - " it fails to comprehend that long range time period of one being done, and the other ready - scenario - especially when happy Sims 4 players still look forward to more of this for now. Now if they think about it - knowing Sims 5 will not come out until Sims 4 gets no more stuff - then perhaps they would be more open.

The fact is Sims 5 still has a long time before it is here - regardless of how anyone feels about either game. I cannot really have a lot of feeling about a game that does not yet exist anyway - but as a simmer I know in my head no matter how much I love what ever the present Sims game is - I will almost surely buy the next rendition simply because it is the Starting gate - the base of the next rendition - providing I am still here. LOL.

I would not say nope seeing I loved Sims 1 - 2 - and 3 as much as one could and pre-ordered Sims 4 base. It is just what I do. It is at that point I then make the decisions to move onward with the new - or do like I did with Sims 4 and go back to 3 until Sims 4 decided to fit into being as a Sims game I could at least accept. But yeah - I'd probably always buy the base because - it's just the starting gate for me anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    No.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

But that’s exactly the point why I don’t really understand this poll. Because the OP openly doesn’t want a Sims 5 and now asks the community if they’d buy such a successor. Blindly. Why blindly? You bought everything for Sims 1 and 2 blindly, I bought everything for Sims 3 blindly, because you see, everything you write about that is your personal perception. I love Sims 3’s aesthetics and my own sims in the game, better than I like the looks of Sims 4. But more importantly: I loved playing that game. So whatever they added, I purchased blindly because I knew that no matter what, it would be a valuable addition to my game.

So we can conclude that only happy campers buy blindly. And who are the happy campers right now? The people who love Sims 4 the way you loved 1 and 2 and the way I loved 3. Those simmers however declare they don’t want a Sims 5, they want Sims 4 to continue another 15 years. And simmers who do want a Sims 5 will definitely not buy blindly, because they’ve been disappointed about the new direction of this franchise.

So I must confess I’m a bit in the dark what exactly the purpose of this poll is and what exactly the outcome reveals. Nothing really.

Well based on all of our responses, we've each been in the same situation with different iterations. I liked what I liked and gladly bought it blindly, but that was just me, like I said. But I think the purpose was just curiousity like most of the polls in the forum. I mean are there any polls in the community that are for scientific research? Probably not, just pure curiosity I'm assuming. Also the question asked if people would buy without reviews, which I think was the main point since the OP reiterated.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes.

Well based on all of our responses, we've each been in the same situation with different iterations. I liked what I liked and gladly bought it blindly, but that was just me, like I said. But I think the purpose was just curiousity like most of the polls in the forum. I mean are there any polls in the community that are for scientific research? Probably not, just pure curiosity I'm assuming. Also the question asked if people would buy without reviews, which I think was the main point since the OP reiterated.
    Again, the point here is that only fully satisfied players will buy blindly, but apparently they don’t want a successor. And the ones who do, won’t buy blindly because the past or current choices made them sceptical. My confusion is exactly that, what exactly was the OP curious for? And did the result of the poll satisfy that curiosity? In what way?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    No.

Again, the point here is that only fully satisfied players will buy blindly, but apparently they don’t want a successor. And the ones who do, won’t buy blindly because the past or current choices made them sceptical. My confusion is exactly that, what exactly was the OP curious for? And did the result of the poll satisfy that curiosity? In what way?

Well maybe the OP will let you know to cure your curiosity about the poll. I can only offer my opinion. And not to be a smarty pants but why participate in a poll you don't understand in the first place? Goodnight.