Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy Sims 5?

Comments

• Options
    one_eyed_monsterone_eyed_monster Posts: 16 Member
    No.
    Not rebuying Sims against spent a fortune on Sims 3 + packs, Sims 4 is excellent as it is and I've building a larger and larger empire on it.
  • Options
    Groarkey18Groarkey18 Posts: 10 New Member
    Yes.
    i would buy the sims five only if the expansions and oterh content where cheap
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    No.
    If there is a successor game, it would be a bad move to aim for photorealistic graphics unless they know they can make it 100% realistic the way even modern movie CGI rarely ever succeeds. Because if they fail, the entire thing falls into what is called the uncanny valley.
    Almost-but-not-quite realistic looks are creepy and unsettling most of the time. Especially when you can tell it is not real, but you can't really pinpoint why.
  • Options
    VieraRedMageVieraRedMage Posts: 42 Member
    No.
    No, I wouldn't buy The Sims 5 straightaway or on impulse without further knowledge. That being said, I would probably buy it eventually like I did The Sims 4.

It's nothing begrudging the Sims/Maxis, it's just a combination of responsible adulting, budgeting, and personal stuff. My computer has a dinosaur CPU from 2011 (Sandy Bridge era i5), I'm on very limited income so I can't upgrade my system as I'd like, I don't spend money impulsively, and I don't buy games at launch unless I've been convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt I will love it and can resell it if I'm wrong (aka Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, pretty much Nintendo really since they don't require single-use activation codes that nullify used games & budget buys).

I typically wait until the Deluxe/Bundle version of any game with expansions is out before buying. Aside from the above reasons, that way I have time to see regular people's reactions rather than just the professional/artistic reviews - like how RottenTomatoes shows the critics' approval rating next to the general public rating. A professional review may not mention a game having concerning aspects such as frequent lightning (apart from perhaps praising/berating a weather system), but regular player reviews will definitely bring it up whether it's because they're annoyed or think it looks cool. As an added benefit, waiting also means any Release Day/Version 1.0 problems have time to be fixed in some form. If I'm getting a game I want to enjoy myself, so all of that matters to me.

Now, if they released TS5 similar the way they did TS2, in that each TS5 release actually felt cohesive and completed & not halfbutted at the time of release and game reviews corroborated that it didn't feel glitchy or piecemeal, then yeah, I would gladly become a basegame adopter as long as my pc or old macbook could run the game.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    No.
    I wouldn't buy it sight unseen. Had I known Sims 4 would be missing lots of content at the beginning, I would've waited to buy it too instead of just buying it because it was shiny and new. Not falling for that trap again.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I actually don't know. In previous games, there were always these basic things that bothered me, like how they couldn't move towns without losing all their relationships or couldnt multitask or stuff like that, and I really don't feel like that with sims 4. Maybe better personalities could make me wanna get it, but I'm also a very story driven player, so it doesn't bother me that much, I just make up their personalities. I don't think the fact that I've already spent money on ts4 is gonna matter that much. If it seems fun enough to make me want to spend the money, I might spend the money.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Yes.
    I am anxiously awaiting a sims 5! I have been an avid Sims player for a long time and have always enjoyed hearing news about the next game. When I heard about the sims 2 I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I loved that we could finally live out our sims lives from birth till death and it had so many neat features that the sims 1 didn't come close to. I loved learning about the sims 3 open world and story progression which was a dream come true for me at the time because I didn't like jumping from family to family to have them all age together. The Sims 4 was the only one I was disappointed in time and time again. I didn't buy it at launch either. I however really enjoy it now and as much as I'm looking forward to seeing what the next three years bring I'm equally excited to see what's coming next for the Sims in general. :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    No.
    Well, with Get Famous on its way (I'm suspicious personally that we'll be charged EP prices for a GP-sized pack) for sure there's plenty of life in this horse yet.

Can you imagine all the extra things people will be wanting now that the ability to be famous is in the code?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    thesimslover82884thesimslover82884 Posts: 10 New Member
    Yes.
    > @OEII1001 said:
    > Regardless of what a hypothetical Sims 5 would be, I have no intention to purchase it until it has the features that I want in it. I'm tired of playing the holding pattern game while waiting for the packs that I am interested in to be released. So even if it was something I am interested in I am not taking the proverbial plunge until it has seasons, pets and vampires.
    No game in the entire series has had those features automatically, ever. The Sims has always been base game first, then packs that enhance gameplay afterward. It has been this way since 2000, when the first Sims game released. The Sims 4 lacked toddlers, ghosts and pools on launch. Can you imagine what The Sims 5 would lack if they had all the features in the base game?
  • Options
    thesimslover82884thesimslover82884 Posts: 10 New Member
    Yes.
    > @thesimslover82884 said:
    > > @OEII1001 said:
    > > Regardless of what a hypothetical Sims 5 would be, I have no intention to purchase it until it has the features that I want in it. I'm tired of playing the holding pattern game while waiting for the packs that I am interested in to be released. So even if it was something I am interested in I am not taking the proverbial plunge until it has seasons, pets and vampires.

No game in the entire series has had those features automatically, ever. The Sims has always been base game first, then packs that enhance gameplay afterward. It has been this way since 2000, when the first Sims game released. The Sims 4 lacked toddlers, ghosts and pools on launch. Can you imagine what The Sims 5 would lack if they had all the features in the base game?
  • Options
    arief93arief93 Posts: 1 New Member
    no my money run out after buy new laptop
  • Options
    MaryAgnesMaryAgnes Posts: 8 New Member
    If they do something about CAS.

I really like the idea of traits, and ive downloaded a bunch of them from various sites. However, I also loved the sliders that affected personality.

I hope sims 5 incorporates both. Take the traditional sliders, and add three traits as well. Should create much more interesting sims.

Most games now have customizable characters, sims are no longer "groundbreaking" in that respect.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    No.
    Posting to see how I voted since this thread is a few months old, but probably not necro (if I understand their moving target of what that means)...

If I took the survey today it would be "yes" with multiple "if's" and "maybe's."
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    No.
    No, because I would be finished with playing The Sims 4, before I bought it. AND I don't want a base game only.
  • Options
    Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    Yes.
    I feel like the direction of this game would have to take a sharp turn in another direction for me to abandon it. I have been enjoying The Sims games since The Sims Livin' Large came out, and each iteration has been different, but in a positive way for me. With technology advancing and the ability to do more and more in each sequel, I would be very surprised if The Sims 5 turns out to be something that I am not interested in playing.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes.
    Ugh, I missed the second part. Meant to put no. Not without seeing what its like first
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes.
    I voted "yes".

Like most people, I no longer trust EA after all the sleazy marketing schemes they've tried with TS4 simmers and how cheap in content and quality they are with the expensive packs. But something in me tells me that they might have learned their lesson. They are a lot more truthful and open now and they quickly learned their mistakes with the My Pets disaster. Also, if the rumors are true that they are starting development on TS5 now to be completed in 2 or 3 years' time, and they are actually listening to what we want (open world, CASt, color wheel, CAW, terrain tools, all the service NPCs brought back, toddlers, pools), then I am willing to buy it straight away.

All the people saying they'll wait are going to need people like me who will buy it straight away to review it for them! I also want to be able to give feedback to the devs and EA on all aspects of my experience with the base game and every pack to follow.

One of the reasons why I'm posting more often on these forums is because the speculation on TS5 development has become stronger, and I want to add my own hopes and wishes for features to be included now. If they like something I asked for, they might include that capability in the base game engine. Because at the heart of it - the game engine is where it all starts!

But anyway, yeah I'll get it straight away. If they give some goodies for pre-order like they used to before TS4, I'll definitely go for that!
  • Options
    Frfly072Frfly072 Posts: 16 Member
    No.
    Probably not right away. But really it depends on how long of a time between Sims 4 last expansion and when Sims 5 gets released. If it's just a couple months I don't think I would feel the need to try out the new game. Plus, with the way it's connected the the internet now I feel like it would take at least one free update to fix some of the issues that will happen on release.
  • Options
    CelesterraCelesterra Posts: 80 Member
    No.
    Straight away, no. Later, maybe.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Yes.
    I said yes but I think it really depends on the art style and gameplay. If it's full of missing content like what happened with Sims 4, then no. Not right away, but if it's way better and they give us some of what we've been missing in sims 4 then plum yeah!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Yes.
    simmietime wrote: »
    yes but only maybe three or two expansions in. Base games by itself are always dull as hell.
    While I agree I usually use the base game to grips with the new features. I found the kids were pretty well done this time round I enjoyed playing with them then we got get to work & outdoor retreat and the game began to get fun
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited February 2019
    No.
    I'd jump ship off Sims 4 immediately, it's my least favorite from the series, but you said "no matter the reviews." If the reviews say it sucks, I don't actually have the money to start buying a new version, and I could wait.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    edited February 2019
    No.
    Probably not, I'm still into the Sims 4 and I'd be pretty Mad if they released the Sims 5 anytime in the next year.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2019
    No.
    If it came out now? Absolutely not.

1) TS4 currently feels unfinished and I would feel let down if it ended now, I'm not going to spend money on a new game if they don't fully finish the old one.

2) TS4 was an empty shell of a game to begin with, I played it for two hours then didn't look at it again for about 18 months. I'm not falling into the trap of buying a Sims game for the release price ever again. I'd do research and buy it as a bundle a couple of years down the line if it has good reviews and I like what I see on Youtube.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    No.
    I have so much going on in TS4 that I wouldn't be super eager to jump on a new game, knowing myself I only play one sim game at a time. Also I would first want to see what it's like and most likely wait for a sale to even test it.