Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy Sims 5?

Comments

• haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    No.
    Not straight away. Maybe later if it appeals me and looks like I would enjoy playing it, but I already have 3 different sims games so it would have to have something the others do not have.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
    My current strategy is enjoy The Sims 4 until The Sims 6 is released then I will purchase The Sims 5 and all the packs.

Why ?

1. I decided to go from full game to full game.
    2. Pay a lower price for all the packs (Why I would pay a full price for a partial game when I can pay the half for a full game ?)
  • brittany_jeanbrittany_jean Posts: 25 Member
    Yes.
    Whoops, I voted too quickly. I'd probably buy it, but not straight away. I'd likely wait for an EP or two. The base games historically have just been so boring.
  • PandySimsPandySims Posts: 55 Member
    I think I would!
    Follow me on youtube to see my newest speed building:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks for your support! <3
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/1128099764111691776

oh gosh- this is no confirmation at all. but they consider this stuff. but I already said Sims 5 is prob the worst of the franchies at launch. I predicted its a step down from sims 4 and it will be so ridiculus it will shock us all. Rating E for everybody. No deaths + woohoo/pregnancy. Welcome to the lifesimulator for children who got more unrealistic.
    While some people want a higher age rating they consider to appeal to more people in exchange of gameplay elements. flop sims 5. exactly how I expected.

Sry Im over dramatic. This doesent mean anything. . It prob will still have the Teen rating after all, they cant be that stupid. (tho we thought that before)
    After all it prob means nothing. I know he indicated that it will be Teen otherwhise they cant implement all these features (just wanted to spread my opinion in case anyone of the gurus really should read stuff on the forum from time to time)
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    No.
    I don't want to start a new game and have to wait for the expansion packs to come out. I definitely wouldn't buy it straight away. I'm not sure I'd buy it at all. It would have to be pretty spectacular.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    No.
    Honestly, I'd probably buy it eventually, but definitely not right at release. So I voted no. It ends up being a lack-luster game in comparison to the older version with all the expansions. I literally JUST got sims 4 this week for that very reason. When Sims 4 came out, they got rid of toddlers, didn't have pools and I was doing so much in sims 3 with all the expansions I had it just didn't make sense. I always end up being a generation "behind" for this reason. I probably wouldn't get Sims 5 until there were four expansions already.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
    No matter the reviews is way too strong a qualifier. IF I saw good reviews I might if they sounded good for the right reasons. Never in my life have I purchased something without reading the review about it.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    No.
    I have never bought a base game of the Sims right away. I waited a couple years before playing 4 ( I didnt have to go through the no toddlers in game ordeal). I thought the expansion packs will make the game better, but with 4 it is frustrating that basic things are still missing. On console you can't just find mods for what you want out of the gameplay.
  • Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    Yes.
    For chose NO, after sims 5 release, you will be buy it :lol:
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, but I'd feel Sims 4 was woefully incomplete with no supernatural expansion.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
    I only bought TS4 because I absolutely loathed the lagging in TS3. It was so bad that it could bring tears to my eyes. Anything was better than that.
    I'm enjoying TS4 still, although I really need a university pack. I always had it in my TS2 and TS3 games, but they had always been released years before as I hadn't started playing the games until much later. This meant that I could add the university EPs pretty quickly. Having to wait for releases is rather new to me.
    If they said they were releasing TS5 I would not buy straight away, regardless of how amazing it might be. I still like TS4, so I would either wait for it go for cheap or stick with TS4.
    HSau :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    No.
    In view of the TS4 track record I want a lot more data than EA propaganda, from LGR reviews to player feedback on the forums. For me, a proper TS5 is TS2 able to run on new machines with perhaps a few of the rare things that were done right in TS4 added in.
  • simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    Yes.
    Preferably I would wait until it was on sale, but I will see all the reviews and lets plays and probably will go out and buy it right away
  • boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
    No would not buy it on launch.. The sims 4 disappointed me. I would wait a year or 2 and watch video's of how game play is. And ratings on it. Then if its horrible like sims 4 missing everything base game wise. EA has lost my attention. They need to fix Anthem i'm disappointed on it to.
  • SweaterKatSweaterKat Posts: 36 Member
    I probably wouldn't get it immediately (I didn't get sims 4 and just stuck wit sims 3 until it had been out for over a year) especially if it seems overpriced or seriously lacking in some areas but I would probably eventually cave after they have come out with some packs. I do hope that the base game itself is enough that I would actually be interested without the need to be enticed with sold separately packs.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Very likely I would. But I'd certainly watch a few let's plays and streams before deciding if it's for me.
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    Yes.
    i love all things sims so i feel like, of course, i would buy sims 5 to see what its all about. hopefully sims 5 will be playable on mac!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    No.
    With the other games I did and I bought each EP as it came out (SP's on sale). Then with 4, after I tried to free trial week and didn't like it, I slowed waaaaaay down. It took me until this year to even get past the base and GTW, and I've been buying packs as they are on sale, when I have some money to blow. I still don't own most of them. Given that experience, it would be hard to find enthusiasm for a new game right away. It's likely I'd continue as I am until I own everything from 4 first, then play it for awhile.
    It would take something major to make me jump at a new game right away. Something that captured me and made me go "wow!" like the ads for Sims 3 did. I still love those. (Where they guy starts out trapped on his lot alone, then realizes he can walk out his door into the open world).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    My current strategy is enjoy The Sims 4 until The Sims 6 is released then I will purchase The Sims 5 and all the packs.

Why ?

1. I decided to go from full game to full game.
    2. Pay a lower price for all the packs (Why I would pay a full price for a partial game when I can pay the half for a full game ?)

This seems like a good strategy but I don't know if I'd have the willpower for that.

You know you'd get hyped watching all the cool new things unfold, watching all the other people have fun... come on... you'd be tempted!
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    No.
    God no. 6 months after release it's price would cut in half.
    caitytrina.png
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes.
    I loved how in Sims 2 neighborhoods you could edit them, place more lots, rename them, add screenshots and stories, and of course place beach lot types on the edges of water and crafted your very own beaches. Wish Sims 4 was designed that way since they didn't go open world. Would've worked out much better and we wouldn't be complaining about the lack of space. Sims 5 either needs to go Sims 2 style or Sims 3 and fix the issues that plagued that game (sloppy coding, 32-bit executable, routing issues, etc.) In fact I wouldn't mind a Sims 2 style game again, just make sure the loading screens are quick like Sims 4 (even with DLC) and I'll be content. I just want more space, and the ability to make neighborhoods more personal. Its supposed to be OUR game OUR experience NOT Maxis and what THEY want ONLY.
    For me Sims 5 needs to either be a Sims 3 spiritual successor fixing the issues that plagued it OR a Sims 2 style game with the ability to edit neighborhoods and create them in game again. In fact I rather have Sims 2 2.0 over Sims 3 2.0. Just bring back Create A Style, 5 traits, unique teens, no chained to basket babies, and make sure its finished before release unlike Sims 4 was.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    No.
    I'm sure I'll buy it at some point, but that point will be once it already has a few expansions released and there's some sort of bundle deal available.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    It has to be a true sequel, unlike The Sims 4, with actual significant new features and a return to open world.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Hmmm...it's hard to say just YES or NO. If it has the open world, then YES. Most definitely I will buy it straight away. For me, open world is a must in this game, after I get the taste of it in TS3. If it doesn't have an open world like TS4, then I will say NO. I don't play TS4 even if I have it for free due to my origin premier access. I have nothing against TS4 except for the open world.