March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunker Challenge

phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
This challenge is a work in progress. Help me add to it! I'll update this thread as we go.

undergroundbunker-678x356.jpg

My daughter has been reading about bunkers lately. Bomb shelters, fallout shelters, apocalypse, pandemic, everything you can think of. And watching a tv show about bunkers. And passing on what she's learned. Apparently they were all the rage during the height of the cold war.

Share your ideas for challenge rules, for variations of the rules, and if you start this challenge, share what's going on! If you're a builder, link us to your bunker on the gallery (One picture please, any more under spoiler tags)!

Important Posts: (I will add links)
Rules
Rotational Play (Optional)
Special Situations
Builds
Links
4TJdLHA.png
Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
Post edited by phantasmkiss on

Comments

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rules
    Every challenge needs them! These are subject to change and addition.
    If you can see a way to make the rules simpler or add to them, please comment!

Rule 1: Get a leader
    What kind of leader is up to you. Is this a survivalist family? Strangers hiding out from the apocalypse? A cult leader? Whatever your household setup, someone needs to be in charge.
    The leader requires their own bedroom. No one enters this room except the leader. Lock that door!
    Rule 1a: Leader wants to marry?
    If the leader marries, the spouse becomes co-leader with equal responsibilities and rights.
    Exception: If the leader has multiple relationships or "marriages," the leader retains control of the bunker, and remains the only Sim allowed in the bedroom.
    Rule1b: Can a leader retire?
    No. They are in this until death.
    Exception: See Options: Changing Leaders

Rule 2: Turn the Crank (Exercise)
    An expensive bunker would have a generator, but a cheaper one might have a hand-crank which needed someone turning it at all times for power and air filtration. Thus the first rule. You need some form of power, even if your lot is off-grid. Without electricity, you still need to filter the air, right?
    Your bunker must have a designated hand-crank space large enough for exercise. This can be a room or just a corner. Someone should always be turning the crank, which can be accomplished with exercise. Yes, 24 hours a day, one of the sims must be working on their athletic/motor skill. Children can participate, but toddlers can't, as they aren't strong enough.
    Exception: The leader's participation in cranking is voluntary.
    Rule 2a: Forgot the crank?
    If no one is exercising in the designated crank-space for [an hour? two hours? what do you think is fair?], no one eats for a day.
    Exception: The leader's participation in fasting is optional. They can eat in their bedroom.

Rule 3: Do not leave the bunker
    Of course not. Your Sims don't want radiation poisoning, they don't want "NRS and UBT".
    Rule 3a: Not enough Sims?
    If you need more Sims to turn the crank and there are no children being born, one adult/elder Sim may leave permanently to be replaced after 24 hours by two teen/young adult survivors. The Sim who leaves is deceased. You may turn them into a ghost, but those in the bunker can't contact them.
    The Sims who remain in the bunker can't eat until the survivors arrive.
    The leader can't be the Sim who leaves. The leader's participation in fasting is optional. They can eat in their bedroom.
    Rule 3b: Vampires pack
    If your leader is a vampire, you must be particularly careful not to kill the other Sims, as they are your food.
    Exception: If there aren't enough Sims in the bunker to turn the crank, and they have died of natural causes (not killed by the vampire), the leader may pretend to be sick and hiding in their room for at least 24 hours. During those 24 hours, no one eats, including the leader. After 24 hours, the leader may return with one new young adult/adult survivor.
    Rule 3c: No guests!
    Guests can't get into the bunker. You must lock the outer door for all Sims to keep them out. You may not go out to visit them or go to work. (Children may go to school so the Social Worker doesn't take them, but they must come home immediately after, without friends. We're pretending they're homeschooled.)

Rule 4: Phones and Computers
    Only the leader can have contact with the outside world. Other Sims in the bunker can't make calls or socialize on the computer. If a Sim from outside calls them, they may accept the call, but still can't leave the bunker or invite others over.

4TJdLHA.png
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    edited July 2021
    Rotational Play (Optional)
    Is one bunker not enough? You may have multiple bunkers in a neighborhood, and Sims may move between these bunkers once in a while, as we are assuming they have tunnels between them. This will help if one bunker needs people to turn cranks, or has too many Sims due to childbirth.

Rule 1: Trading Sims
    Sims may not be traded more than once per week. 1b (Should there be a limit on the number of Sims able to be traded?)
    Leaders may not be traded.
    4TJdLHA.png
    edited July 2021
    Special Situations

Rule 1: Changing Leaders
    Under normal circumstances, leaders should remain in place until death. Sometimes things happen:
    Rule 1a: Death
    If a leader dies, the new leader may be: The leader's oldest child, the Sim in their bunker at the time of death with the highest skills, or the Sim in the bunker who has the highest relationships with other Sims in that bunker.
    Rule 1b: MUTINY
    If all Sims dislike the leader, you may move the leader out of the bunker. The new leader may be:
    The Sim in their bunker at the time with the highest skills, or the Sim in the bunker who has the highest relationships with other Sims in that bunker.
    Rule 1c: Rotational Leader Change
    The leader may not join another bunker in the neighborhood. They are considered deceased. You may turn them into a ghost, but those in the bunker can't contact them. However, if you want more bunkers, they may move into a new bunker in a different neighborhood. If you choose this option, they may bring along any Sims from that neighborhood they have a high relationship with.
    4TJdLHA.png
    edited July 2021
    Builds
    This space will be for any requirements we come up with.

Rule 1: The leader must have their own bedroom.
    It can be furnished any way they like, and it can have any items in it they like. The leader could be in solidarity with others and have only basic needs, or they could be hiding a computer and a wide-screen HDTV. The door should be locked at all times for everyone except the leader. If woohoo happens, it should happen somewhere else.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Links
    This space will be for links to builds, families, or stories that are part of this challenge!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Saving this space
    4TJdLHA.png
    Saving this one too
    4TJdLHA.png
    I think I'll save this space too, just in case!
    4TJdLHA.png