Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Season and What World Will You Start With?

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Spring
    I'm playing in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg in my current save and rotating. I really wouldn't mind starting in any or even whatever the game defaults too because I want to see the effects of the climate in general, heat, rain, snow ect.. on the sims and the plants. I'll probably focus on my gardening families the most until I get a hang of it. Do we get to choose how long a season will last?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    edited August 2018
    Spring
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Probably autumn in windenburg
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Autumn
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm playing in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg in my current save and rotating. I really wouldn't mind starting in any or even whatever the game defaults too because I want to see the effects of the climate in general, heat, rain, snow ect.. on the sims and the plants. I'll probably focus on my gardening families the most until I get a hang of it. Do we get to choose how long a season will last?

I think we can pick a season to start with & that we can set season length. Not sure how that will work exactly @ picking length, but technically as far we know now, yes, you can choose how long a season lasts :)
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Summer
    I'm doing the Build Newcrest challenge, so Newcrest in summer. I'd like to have a short build-up before my favorite season fall arrives. Plus a lot of my Sims are already (unintentionally) in summer dress.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    GracelishGracelish Posts: 114 Member
    I'm looking forward to having my Sim at their penthouse in SM, dramatically playing their violin near the window as it downpours. Probably kick out a Sim from their household beforehand, or lose their love of their life, so it gets extra emotional. However, before having that crestfallen breakthrough... I'd start out in Windenburg since that's where I'm playing right now. Winter would be nice.
    here's hoping we collide
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Summer
    I think I'm gonna start with summer as the game always looked as in summer for me then me and my sims will watch how the weather will change as the time goes and seasons change.

That's also my reasoning. I'm still thinking about with which family experience Seasons for the first time, but I guess I'll be starting with summer, just to get used to and see more gradual changes :) The only exception might be my Legacy family, which is also the only save I have with aging on normal. I'm gonna pick the autumn for them, just to be safe that the oldest generation will make it to the Winterfest.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Spring
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I want to play this household in Windenburg first.
    76B3euL.png
    They will have bees, new harvestables and start practicing floral arranging to make things to sell in their little shop downtown. I want to start in Autumn or Spring, I haven't decided yet.

That lots looks awesome! Is it saved on the gallery by chance?

Thank you! No it isn't, I uaually don't build much so I haven't thought of it. But I'll try to remember to upload it - my ID is the same as my nickname.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    edited May 2018
    I've made a replica of the rental house my partner and I share together and will probably start with that in winter. The sims in the house will be myself, my partner, our two cats, and our as of yet non existant children.

I might also do a rags to riches game with a different sim. That would be pretty fun :)
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    Summer
    I've made a replica of the rental house my partner and I share together and will probably start with that in winter. The sims in the house will be myself, my partner, our two cats, and our as of yet non existant children.

I might also do a rags to riches game with a different sim. That would be pretty fun :)

I don't do a lot of rags to riches, but you got me thinking there :) It could be pretty interesting with seasons, indeed. I might revisit one of my old saves for that ;)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Spring
    My family is currently in San Myshuno. Weather in the city would be cool, but it's a single mom with 5 kids in an apartment (it's an adoption legacy), so I'm hoping to move them to Windenburg once they have enough for that big mansion on the island. I'll probably start with summer. I also have a rotational save going, but somehow I feel that single family play might go better with this pack, to start with at least.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Autumn
    ldmarko wrote: »
    My family is currently in San Myshuno. Weather in the city would be cool, but it's a single mom with 5 kids in an apartment (it's an adoption legacy), so I'm hoping to move them to Windenburg once they have enough for that big mansion on the island. I'll probably start with summer. I also have a rotational save going, but somehow I feel that single family play might go better with this pack, to start with at least.

Uch yes, weather in the city <3<3<3 Imagine living in that high up penthouse in the fiancial district, and seeing snow all over the place. Or being at the San Myshuno park in the fall. Or simply being inside a crammy little apartment drinking tea & watching the snow.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Autumn
    Starting with autumn in Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Spring
    @SimTrippy @LiELF I was thinking the same about a poll. It would be cool to see at a glance which season everyone is starting with.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Summer
    I have sims in all neighborhoods so there is no telling where I'll start. My current favorite one does live in Willow Springs. I like my sims to experience the current season that I'm experiencing so I will likely start with summer. :)
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited May 2018
    Summer
    I will start in summer since i kinda play my sims family in real time. This way, i will have new content from the expansion for an entire real life year. (As long as we can set the lenth of the season)
  • Options
    Spring
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I will start in summer since i kinda play my sims family in real time. This way, i will have new content from the expansion for an entire real life year. (As long as we can set the lenth of the season)

Oh my goodness! I could never wait! Please keep us posted on your progress. :p
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Summer
    Probably summer in Windenburg (island part), Oasis Springs or Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Spring
    Newcrest and spring. I have a toddler that I’ve been wishing would be able to play in water besides in the bath tub and the kiddie pool is a wish come true! Can’t wait to have my sim take selfies with her friends and actually have a different unique background.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Autumn
    @SimTrippy @LiELF I was thinking the same about a poll. It would be cool to see at a glance which season everyone is starting with.

@simgirl1010 I'm not sure if I can add a poll to an existing thread. I tried to edit, but I didn't see an option for it. :'( If anyone knows how, please let me know. Maybe @EA_Mage could help?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Summer
    LiELF wrote: »

@simgirl1010 I'm not sure if I can add a poll to an existing thread. I tried to edit, but I didn't see an option for it. :'( If anyone knows how, please let me know. Maybe @EA_Mage could help?

I'm afraid that polls aren't really flexible. I remember reading somewhere that someone couldn't even edit the answers... I could be wrong though.
    @LiELF maybe try creating a new thread with the poll, so this thread could be merged into the new one? If you synch it with the moderator's intervation, you probably could create pretty smooth transition ;)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Summer
    My current save is in Uptown San Myshuno. I'll be starting there in summer since that's a good approximation of what we've had since launch. Then I'll let the seasons do their magic. I'll probably move the family to somewhere like Brindleton Bay or Forgotten Hollow if they do the vampire route. It's going to be great.
  • Options
    Spring

I'm afraid that polls aren't really flexible. I remember reading somewhere that someone couldn't even edit the answers... I could be wrong though.
    @LiELF maybe try creating a new thread with the poll, so this thread could be merged into the new one? If you synch it with the moderator's intervation, you probably could create pretty smooth transition ;)

That's a good idea! The poll thread could lead and then it would make sense since this thread consists of comments.
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    About the Product
    Add weather to your Sims' lives to tell new stores, enjoy seasonal activities, and celebrate heartfelt holidays with The Sims 4 Seasons.; Make the most out of the weather all year round, from crisp snowfalls to sweltering heat - :) every world is affected by seasons in unique ways!; Create a winter story with ice skating, befriend a magical scarecrow at the fall harvest, share a spring fling during a downpour, or host a summer pool party.; Gather friends and family to celebrate holidays complete with traditions, gifts and special guests.; Stay warm or keep cool with all-new outfits to brave the elements. Even begin a blossoming gardening career as a botanist or by crafting floral arrangements!
    Experience Impactful Weather - Enjoy four stunning seasons and dynamically changing weather that affect all aspects of your Sims' lives. From hot and sunny to blustery and snowy, every world's climate is unique and impacts your Sims' choices, relationships and daily activities. Control the elements to summon thunderstorms, clear up overcast skies, or jump between seasons.
    Revel in Seasonal Activities - Year-round activities provide Sims fun and entertaining ways to enjoy the seasons. Bundle up to build a snow pal with friends, create snow angels, or perform cool tricks at the skating rink. Toss on a raincoat to splash in a spring shower and explore the outdoors to earn badges as a scout. Dress Sims in new swimwear to cool off in the sprinkler or play in the kiddie pool. Harvest honey in the fall, play in leaves, or have child Sims make homemade holiday crafts.
    Celebrate the Holidays - Decorate your home and bring Sims together to celebrate heartfelt holiday traditions. Ring in the new year with a celebration, enjoy a romantic date during Love Day, or gather the family for a bountiful harvest feast. Watch as your Sims count down the calendar days until Winterfest, where presents are gifted, decorations are hung, and Father Winter pays a visit. You can even create custom holidays and choose how your Sims celebrate.
    Grow Your Gardening Career - Create beautiful bouquets and unearth new discoveries in the gardening career. With a newfound green thumb as a floral designer, Sims craft flower arrangements and make deliveries around town. More scientific Sims can become a botanist, where they'll analyze plants, write scientific papers, and gain notoriety to earn grants. Advance your Sim's budding talents to unlock fresh skills, new outfits, and handy objects.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Autumn

That's a good idea! The poll thread could lead and then it would make sense since this thread consists of comments.

Done! Hopefully @EA_Mage @EA_Lanna @EA_Cian or someone can merge the two threads. Thanks for the suggestion @MissNightOwl ! :)
    #Team Occult