Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Season and What World Will You Start With?

Comments

• Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Summer
    Summer! I want to start with what is basically the original game (of course with new summer activities that will make it way more fun!) and let the seasons advance naturally, so I can see all the changes as they happen. :smiley:

I think I'll also start in Willow Creek? Not sure yet. I'm still a little sad we aren't getting a new world. I totally understand why, but I'm sad (because I'm greedy :# ).
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Autumn
    Interesting. So far the majority are starting with summer.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised! I still haven't made my own definite choice yet or answered my own poll, haha. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    Spring
    Brindleton Bay
  • Options
    chrissramionchrissramion Posts: 50 Member
    Autumn
    Autumn! I love the colored leaves, the cool temperatures and Halloween!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Autumn
    Aw great to see the voting worked out :D

Go fall, go!!!
  • Options
    Autumn
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Aw great to see the voting worked out :D

Go fall, go!!!

I just finally voted for Autumn. My vampires need it! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Summer
    I’ll probably start in summer. A lot of my households are ill equipped for the cooler seasons, so that will give me some time to revise around the worlds.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Spring
    The Sim I’m playing right now lives in Windenburg, she loves the outdoors and her cute little garden. I can’t wait to check out the new gardening items and maybe one of the new careers with her.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Summer
    I think summer because where I am it's currently summer and I want to watch the transition into fall which is my favorite and I am going to start with my farmer in Windenberg.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Summer
    I chose Summer, assuming that I will be getting it before Summer is over. I like to play my rotations in TS2 and TS3 to coincide with the current rl season. I'll add that routine to TS4.
    If by chance I don't get it before Summer is out, I'll be starting a new save in Autumn.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Summer
    I'm going to start in summer. It's almost here for those of us on this side of the world so it seems like a good place plus I am not looking forward to having to redress my sims. Most of my sims are wearing summer/spring time clothes so it seemed like a good place to start and get me time to redo everyone.

Right now I'm playing mostly in Oasis springs with some forgotten hollow. So it seems as good as any to start there.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Summer
    BabySquare wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I've already got most of my Sims dressed for summer, and June is summer, so that's where I'll start, just to have matching seasons one more time.. If I keep the same rotational schedule for my games as I did this month, I'll probably start in Brindleton Bay. My albino sim is probably going to start wearing a hat just in case..

Yeah, I think a lot of my Sims are dressed for warmer weather as well. I imagine I'm going to have to go through them all and assign them proper weather clothing. Ah, the curse of rotational play! Haha

This is why we need clothing categories for each season.

This is really my hope. That would give us an increase for wardrobe which I have been wanting forever, but I'm also okay with just summer/spring & fall/winter tabs too. That would be a nice increase without being overwhelming.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Spring
    Spring, WC. The beginning of the year seems like a good place to start, plus in spring there's the possibility of snow, rain, hail and storms.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Summer
    I'm playing at Summer in Newcrest.
  • Options
    KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
    Spring
    Spring is what season ill start with. I'll be playing my current household ive been playing in brindleton bay
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Autumn
    WC autumn I think, I m dying for a change from the sunny weather and blue skies. Want to see the trees change colour, wind and rain, and I can’t wait to throw a bonfire party and Halloween, never really used spooky stuff pack as the seasons never changed before.

Me too. I'm going to start in Autumn in Forgotten Hollow. I want lots of rain and gloomy dark days (just like Winter here in Washington) for my vampires. And then some snow so Vlad can Christmas up his mansion.
    I want Summer the most, but I want to work my way up to it. Seasons is like a banquet, and, for me, Summer is the dessert.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Spring
    Spring seems like the most "neutral" season to me. I feel like it might be the most like the current game. I'm going to start there and then see what happens! I'm still on the fence as to whether (hehe no pun intended) or not I want to pre-order or wait for an Origin sale.
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    edited May 2018
    Summer
    summer because i'll have the game during the summer
    the world? idk yet, probably Willow Creek. I wish we could've gotten a new world to play in.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Summer
    Windenburg or Newcrest. I definitely want something different so either Autumn or Winter!
  • Options
    MsFergy36MsFergy36 Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2018
    Summer
    I tend to try to start my game in the month or season (when available) that I'm currently experiencing in the real world. I make a calendar and play with it to experience even more of my game. I do use some cheats or MODS that help with achieving this type of play. So since Seasons Expansion Pack comes out June 22 which is the day after the summer season begins here in Texas, I'll start with that season adding in the holidays that are associated with that season into the world, Willow Creek. Then carry it on into each season with holidays and so on. Just wish I knew how long each season lasted so I could go ahead and start preparing the calendars and holidays. I've gotten my family created and slowly building their home (as realistic as possible) over the next few weeks. I know, I know... OCD right? LOL
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Spring
    If we have the option to pick our seasons in which ever order we want (like previous games) then I'm going to stick to my good old real life seasons, so it will be Spring first! I hope we can set how long we want each season like in Sims 3, since I have my ages set with MCCC, I need one year to be around 72 days. But I may need to rework my aging and pregnancy, since I may want longer seasons. :)

Which world will I start in? Well first I will have to wait until all of my mods are updated, then I'll pop into my game. Most likely Willow Creek. But in my game, they aren't worlds, just different parts of the same city, minus OR and JA, those are other places in the world.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Autumn
    It looks like Summer and Autumn are now the two main starter seasons for people. From what I've read in the comments, it seems that a lot of the people who play realistically will be starting in the summer, to mirror the start of the season they experience in real life. And many players who feel that they have already been stuck in "eternal summer" in the game and want a nice change of scenery will be choosing Autumn.

I chose Autumn myself, but I keep going back to the idea of Spring because I really REALLY want to see those thunderstorms.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Summer
    LiELF wrote: »
    It looks like Summer and Autumn are now the two main starter seasons for people. From what I've read in the comments, it seems that a lot of the people who play realistically will be starting in the summer, to mirror the start of the season they experience in real life. And many players who feel that they have already been stuck in "eternal summer" in the game and want a nice change of scenery will be choosing Autumn.

I chose Autumn myself, but I keep going back to the idea of Spring because I really REALLY want to see those thunderstorms.

Realism is one reason to start with summer, in my opinion, but @EmmaVane also had a very good point a page earlier that it'll be easier to notice differences between 'the eternal summer' and actual summer that way :)
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    It's coming out in summer, so I'll probably start then. Spend time setting up a new rotational game and posting appropriately seasonal screenshots of my sims enjoying (or hiding from) the sun.

It also means you get to see the difference between always sunny with no seasons, and summer as a season in comparison. If you start elsewhere in the year, you might forget about the "before Seasons" before you get around to summer again.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2018
    Summer
    To quote Olaf, “In summer!” :smiley:

I would love to see the activities and my sims being affected by the temperatures.

It would also give another purpose for the pools (and future swimmable oceans)! :smile:

I liked all of the seasons in the Sims games, and I loved seeing the changes, but summer and spring (and fall in some areas) are the seasons that are most common where I live in real life. :smile:

Location-wise, I like playing all of the worlds, but I’ll probably work on building up Newcrest a bit, where my sims’ restaurants are. So maybe start there, and then check on my vampires in the vampire town as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MegaGamerChicMegaGamerChic Posts: 29 Member
    Summer
    I’ll probably start with summer.