Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Season and What World Will You Start With?

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm still unsure at the moment. The world will depend on which household I'm currently playing in my rotation when the EP will be released, but I'll probably try to avoid Oasis Spring.

For the starting seasons, I'm still hesitating between Spring/Summer to continue with the weather we currently have, and see the start of Fall while playing, or just starting directly during Fall. I think it will depend on how seasons progress, and which settings we have. If I'm doing my rotation with one week = one season = one household, I'll most likely start in Spring/Summer. If I'm doing the whole rotation with one season, I'll probably start with Fall, or I wouldn't see any change before a looooong time.
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Winter
    Winter, most definitely. I'm excited for snowball fights, building snowmen, celebrating New Years, ICE SKATING, etc. After I will look at Summer, then Autumn, then Spring.
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Autumn
    I'm currently playing a Self-Sim household in San Myshuno in which I'm making them save up for a nice house in Windenburg for when Seasons comes out. I will probably start off in Fall because I'm most excited to play in Winter but I would like to see the transition from Summer to Winter to make it more realistic. Plus, I always started off in Fall in TS2 so it just goes with my tradition.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2018
    Spring
    I'll be starting a new save, so I fancy starting it from a fresh year season cycle.. If that makes sense. Essentially the very first few months would still be winter but I'd rather wait and look forward to snow! I don't know what World to play in yet! I'm thinking possibly Brindleton Bay or Willow Creek. I fancy somewhere green and grassy like home.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Autumn in San Mayshuno. I like the idea of rain in the city. Then once winter rolls around I can have my sims travel to Windenburg for Christmas! So excited to experience all the world's in the 4 seasons. Even the base game world's will be much improved imo
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Autumn
    Autumn <3 It's my favorite season in real life plus it means I can experience Autumn, Winter, and then Spring before I crawl back to the Summer I'm sick of (though I'm super excited to see how Summer is altered too).
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Winter
    Winter I think, or Autumn in Brindleton Bay as it’s where my sims live.
    Can we actually choose what season we start with ?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Spring
    Spring in Brindleton Bay. <3
  • Options
    floralfloral Posts: 10 New Member
    Summer
    Summer in Willow Creek !! <3
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Summer
    LiELF wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    @SimTrippy @LiELF I was thinking the same about a poll. It would be cool to see at a glance which season everyone is starting with.

@simgirl1010 I'm not sure if I can add a poll to an existing thread. I tried to edit, but I didn't see an option for it. :'( If anyone knows how, please let me know. Maybe @EA_Mage could help?

I'm afraid that polls aren't really flexible. I remember reading somewhere that someone couldn't even edit the answers... I could be wrong though.
    @LiELF maybe try creating a new thread with the poll, so this thread could be merged into the new one? If you synch it with the moderator's intervation, you probably could create pretty smooth transition ;)

That's a good idea! The poll thread could lead and then it would make sense since this thread consists of comments.

Done! Hopefully @EA_Mage @EA_Lanna @EA_Cian or someone can merge the two threads. Thanks for the suggestion @MissNightOwl ! :)

I hope it will work :)
  • Options
    Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    Spring
    Spring in Brindleton Bay. I can’t wait to see storms brewing around Cavalier Cove.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all!

I have merged the 2 discussions as requested, but this does mean some comments are out of order - apologies for that :blush:

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Autumn
    It's basically summer (without the extra heat or rain) now, so I think I might start in autumn. On the other hand, maybe it would be more exciting to first make summer different! So I might change my mind. I'm guessing Windenburg will have the greatest variety in weather, so I might start there. Gah. Decisions! I hadn't even thought about this one!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Autumn
    I'm going to start with Autumn in Brindelton Bay! :)
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Winter
    I put winter but it will be fall.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    fruitsmisfruitsmis Posts: 82 Member
    edited May 2018
    Summer
    I'm debating between summer and spring, but I'll probably start with summer - mainly cause I want to start a new save and work into the seasons with them :) As for which world... at the moment I'm torn between willow creek and brindleton bay
  • Options
    AenmondAenmond Posts: 31 Member
    Autumn
    I'm really excited about going to the Brindleton Bay lighthouse while raining at night. I also want to see snow in Forgotten Hollow. Luckly, winter comes after autumn.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Autumn
    Fall! My Sims have been living in perpetual Summer, so that's what's going to give me the most changes before I get back to it...
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Autumn
    Autumn in Brindleton
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Winter
    Winter in Willow Creek.
    I love winter and I can't wait to see my sim walking her dog in the snow, building a snowman, making snow angels and warming up at the fireplace <3
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Autumn
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hi all!

I have merged the 2 discussions as requested, but this does mean some comments are out of order - apologies for that :blush:

Thanks,
    -Mage

Thank you much! :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Summer
    It's coming out in summer, so I'll probably start then. Spend time setting up a new rotational game and posting appropriately seasonal screenshots of my sims enjoying (or hiding from) the sun.

It also means you get to see the difference between always sunny with no seasons, and summer as a season in comparison. If you start elsewhere in the year, you might forget about the "before Seasons" before you get around to summer again.
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    Summer
    I'm so beside myself with joy I can barely function! There's a serious possibility of me floating away if I go outside. :D

I want a snowman so badly. And piles of autumn leaves to jump in. And I can only just manage to contain myself over having a bunny event in the spring.

But the best... my all time super deluxe A+ #1 favorite in the sims... always summer! There's never a day that doesn't have sandals and sunhats. The smell of sunshine and fresh water, the pool snack bar and loads of little kids laughing and having a great time.

I'm so excited I might burst. B)
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Spring
    Spring because I have a craving to see rain and storms and compare them to sims 3 where, for me, it rained too much and frustrated my gardeners a lot. But I also want to start the new careers and spring is the best time of all, so may create greenhouses, rain-free with the new glass roofs.. Not sure which world but have some nice gardens in all of them.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Spring
    Interesting. So far the majority are starting with summer.