Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Season and What World Will You Start With?

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    PRSJMSPRSJMS Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2018
    Autumn
    I'm going to start in Autumn because I'm hoping that this pack will help me with playing rotationally. I play mostly families so if I start in Autumn, that's when the school year starts in my country and I can play a whole year with each family as I go around. When I come back around, I'll age up all the kids and teens, ready to start high school or graduate the following Autumn :) I think I'm going to make each season 4 weeks long so that I have enough time with each sim stage.

Oh, and I'm not sure about the world. Maybe Brindleton Bay with the Hecking family or Oasis Springs with the Goths :) I'd love to see what Windenburg looks like since it's the closest thing to home but I'm not really attached to any families there at the moment!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Summer
    Summer. I usually have my sims go through whatever weather I'm in. Three weeks of the calendar will have summer and a week of spring. I'll be playing in Newcrest since that's where my rotation is currently at.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Winter
    it's winter here so i was going to start with that, but after reading some responses maybe I'll change it to autumn to get the season transition hmmm...exciting!
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Summer
    I believe I'm gonna go for summer to have the smoothest transition of adding seasons to my gameplay. I've been waiting for seasons to drop since it's the perfect time to move my family - they're currently in Willow Creek, but they're eyeing a house in Brindleton Bay
  • Options
    Cait_lynCait_lyn Posts: 71 Member
    Autumn
    In the save I've been playing most lately I have a couple that I've been waiting for seasons for them to get married. I changed the lifespan so they wouldn't get old too fast. But I was in Myshuno Meadows the other and I was thinking it will be really pretty in the fall for a wedding. Maybe spring too though. I might have to use other saves to decide which I like better. They live in an apartment in San Myshuno at the moment, but once they're married and ready to have kids I want them to move to either Brindleton Bay or Windenburg. Their apartment is already a little overcrowded.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Summer
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I'm used to summer being the 1st season in TS3, so I'll start with that. As for the world, probably either Windenburg or Brindleton Bay.

Update: I’m still planning to go with summer, but in Willow Creek since that’s where my household lives.
  • Options
    mnyxmnyx Posts: 36 Member
    Autumn
    Autumn!

Honestly, if I could have Autumn all year round I'd be so incredibly happy. It'll probably be my longest season, I'll still check out spring and winter too. Don't care much for summer

tumblr_ox6lw9iaeh1tcw5z8o1_1280.jpg

sig and pic by cooper322
  • Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    Winter
    Winter in Brindleton Bay, because I want to think of it like the beginning of the year. I also think that Brindleton will look so pretty as the seasons transform!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Summer
    mnyx wrote: »
    Autumn!

Honestly, if I could have Autumn all year round I'd be so incredibly happy. It'll probably be my longest season, I'll still check out spring and winter too. Don't care much for summer

It doesn't seem like we can choose different lengths for the seasons. It looks like we can only select 1, 2 or 4 weeks for each season in general.
    I would've loved to have been able to choose different lengths depending on the world like I do in TS3, but it's set up differently this time.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    Summer
    I'm thinking Summer because it already seems like summer so I want it to feel like a logical changing of time rather than like BOOM Winter. Plus I am really excited about Fall!
  • Options
    IgongeIgonge Posts: 175 Member
    Spring
    Definitely spring o:)
    Origin ID: KeldMeld :)
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Winter
    I hope a new world comes with the Seasons exp pack

They’ve already confirmed no new world

oh well
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Winter
    NiLLA wrote: »
    Autumn so my sim kids can play with the objects still. Plus I want to celebrate thanksgiving!!!! SO excited for swings

your two sims are just as cute as can be
  • Options
    jen1024jen1024 Posts: 18 Member
    Autumn my favorite time of the year ...
  • Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Winter
    Winter in Brindleton Bay.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options
    Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    Summer
    i think i'll start with summer. can't let go of that tradition from sims 3 :P
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Autumn
    LiELF wrote: »
    Hannie wrote: »
    I've been prepping 4 households in the same neighbourhood in Newcrest. Was thinking I should try to play them rotational, but not really sure how to do that and still experience all seasons with all of them. Might have to think about that for a bit.

Anyway, because they've all had eternal summer for so long, I'm definitely starting with fall. So excited!

Well, I think we can change our season lengths to up to 4 weeks long, so you would be able to play each household for one week in each season before switching. You'd probably have to have aging off, but then you could just age your Sims up when you want to. :)

That's what I was thinking first as well, I play with aging off anyway. But I don't want to celebrate the same holiday with the same family every "year" haha. Might have to play with 4 weeks and drop one of the families so I get some rotation in the holdiays as well.

Desicions, desicions..

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Summer
    I'm used to summer being the 1st season in TS3, so I'll start with that. As for the world, probably either Windenburg or Brindleton Bay.

Update: I’m still planning to go with summer, but in Willow Creek since that’s where my household lives.

Now that Seasons has been out for a while, why don’t we share which season we actually started with? I ended up going for spring, but I almost went for fall. Now, I tend to start in summer.
  • Options
    Ja_rdeJa_rde Posts: 19 Member
    Autumn
    I started with Fall I was excited for Thanksgiving lol
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2018
    Summer
    I believed when I first voted I voted for Summer, this was before I got seasons. Now that I'm in my game, I am starting off with the current real-time season, at the moment it is fall, that I'm starting with. Doing this because I'm in the mood for Halloween, and if I started in summer, well it's not the same. :)
  • Options
    sevvstaasevvstaa Posts: 12 New Member
    I'll start with the first one, spring, even though I love summer the most but I want to start with the first season so I can see all the seasons past by in order! Im so excited! I used to think, nah. Seasons looks boring. I would rather download get to work or something like that instead but now, I just want to get it! I can't wait for it to finish downloading!
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Spring
    Spring in Willow Creek!

I was growing a lot of plants, like flowers and such, to try out the new Botanist career and Flower Arranging career, so Spring sounded good.
    Also let me have the most time to play with Bees before Winter rolled around.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Spring
    I got Seasons and Get Famous for the holidays and started in Del Sol Valley, `
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    ChristelleChristelle Posts: 144 Member
    Summer
    Summer in Newcrest as you can build your own town
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Winter
    Winter in Brindleton.

Since the world is based on pets, I have a furry concept:

Winter: polar bear (see profile picture)
    Spring: bunnies
    Summer: Brown bears
    Fall: panda and raccoon (with pet fox)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...