Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Season and What World Will You Start With?

Comments

• Options
    IndustrialSimIndustrialSim Posts: 12 New Member
    Spring
    me personally, I'll start in the spring, and I'm going to start in my current main Sim, since I'm playing the Legacy challenge (In my own rules). I'll have her change her entire appearence :D I'm so excited to create my first spring holiday! and I'm sure my sim will get a new career such as florist(?) I think that's the name
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Summer
    Summer. I just made a new Sim yesterday and I moved her into Oasis Springs, after I evicted the Caliente household
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Spring
    I want to start in Spring (for the pouring rain & thunderstorms), and in Selvadorada (for the jungle).
    I don't yet have JA, so I have lots of time to figure out if my idea for recreating a "Gilligan's Island" type thing can be done or not.
    I've been recently re-watching my DVDs of Gilligan's Island tv show, and it's movies, and I thought I might attempt to recreate something I've never tried before.
    (Not sure if it would work, lol. :D )

My other idea was Winter, and Brindleton Bay.
    Since we can't swim in the ocean, but that place is a seaside-like town, and I really like it, I thought it might make a cozy Bed & Breakfast place.
    And the fact that fireplaces will be able to warm Sims (functional) is so awesome!
    I only hope I don't see strays freezing in the cold...
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    Autumn
    I want to start in Spring (for the pouring rain & thunderstorms), and in Selvadorada (for the jungle).
    I don't yet have JA, so I have lots of time to figure out if my idea for recreating a "Gilligan's Island" type thing can be done or not.
    I've been recently re-watching my DVDs of Gilligan's Island tv show, and it's movies, and I thought I might attempt to recreate something I've never tried before.
    (Not sure if it would work, lol. :D )

My other idea was Winter, and Brindleton Bay.
    Since we can't swim in the ocean, but that place is a seaside-like town, and I really like it, I thought it might make a cozy Bed & Breakfast place.
    And the fact that fireplaces will be able to warm Sims (functional) is so awesome!
    I only hope I don't see strays freezing in the cold...

A Bed and Breakfast place with fireplaces sounds delightful for Brindleton Bay! I'm also curious to see what the beaches look like with the seasonal changes. There's going to be so much to look at, my Sims will be racing around all over the world taking pictures. I bet pictures and paintings will look amazing with weather in the background!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Autumn
    Honestly .. the more I see the more I think I might actually start with winter xD Or fall? I don't know anymore.

I'll be stuck on the seasons picker screen ofr at least half an hour next Friday :/
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Spring
    As much as I'm itching to see fall and winter, I want to start with Summer first, since I'm curious about the toddler pool and it's my "least favorite" of the seasons.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Spring
    Spring, probably the best time to start keeping bees. My sim currently lives in Brindleton Bay, but may move to Windenburg, Willow Creek or Newcrest in the meantime. I'd probably try Oasis Springs in another save.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Spring
    I was all set to start in spring so my sim can quit the business a career and start gardening but now I'm leaning even further to starting with Autumn
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    Spring
    Spring in willow creek cause it's the only world i have
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    Autumn
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Honestly .. the more I see the more I think I might actually start with winter xD Or fall? I don't know anymore.

I'll be stuck on the seasons picker screen ofr at least half an hour next Friday :/

Same! I'll be so excited to play that I'll be staring at the screen trying to decide where to begin. And I just know that after I pick one and start, I'll suddenly decide I should have picked a different one because I'll have to see it "right now!" and bounce out of that save and into another one before I've even really experienced anything. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Spring
    Spring, I'm starting off with a gardener sim and I can't wait for her to check out the gardening overhaul.

I really love gardening in all the series ( because I actually have a garden)

Fall and Winter are my fave seasons and I'll enjoy seeing the season changes unfold in game.
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Autumn
    Autumn in Newcrest <3

....that sounds like a chick flick title :lol:
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    Autumn
    I'm going to start in Autumn because it's been summer for so long I want to feel the change and watch the world progress in a natural way. I'm going to be in Brindleton Bay to start with and I haven't decided if the Willingham's have heat in their cottage yet...they may not I can be very evil to my sims.
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited June 2018
    Autumn
    I've been prepping 4 households in the same neighbourhood in Newcrest. Was thinking I should try to play them rotational, but not really sure how to do that and still experience all seasons with all of them. Might have to think about that for a bit.

Anyway, because they've all had eternal summer for so long, I'm definitely starting with fall. So excited!
    Post edited by Hannie on
  • Options
    Autumn
    Hannie wrote: »
    I've been prepping 4 households in the same neighbourhood in Newcrest. Was thinking I should try to play them rotational, but not really sure how to do that and still experience all seasons with all of them. Might have to think about that for a bit.

Anyway, because they've all had eternal summer for so long, I'm definitely starting with fall. So excited!

Well, I think we can change our season lengths to up to 4 weeks long, so you would be able to play each household for one week in each season before switching. You'd probably have to have aging off, but then you could just age your Sims up when you want to. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Autumn

Did the base game not come with Oasis Springs? Plus you should have Newcrest as that came in a patch.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Gael3DGael3D Posts: 10 New Member
    Winter
    Winter is coming.
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    Summer
    Summer in Winderburg I think :-)
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Spring

Did the base game not come with Oasis Springs? Plus you should have Newcrest as that came in a patch.

I was going to comment the same thing @AquaGamer1212 @Funpuppy_sims345
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Spring
    I'll be starting with Spring as my Sims consider the first day of Spring to be the start of the new year. I'm playing 10 families so I don't know which world I'll be in when I get Seasons. I'm going to try to stop playing when I get to 8 am on a Sunday, so as to get my full 4 weeks.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,486 Member
    Spring
    Days away now and I’m unsure if I want to start at winter now. :# I’m definitely choosing Newcrest though, I have my legacy household there and their siblings are my neighbors. Wish we could get another world like Newcrest.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Winter
    I hope a new world comes with the Seasons exp pack
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,486 Member
    Spring
    I hope a new world comes with the Seasons exp pack

They’ve already confirmed no new world
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited June 2018
    Winter
    Forgotten Hollow
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    Autumn
    Autumn so my sim kids can play with the objects still. Plus I want to celebrate thanksgiving!!!! SO excited for swings
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png