Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited February 2017
    I just realised when two sims are exchanging vows, if you click on either of them with a different sim, there's an option to 'attend wedding'. This is gonna be so handy cos I usually have my sims elope immediately, so it's a nice option to have family members also witness the ceremony.

Related to marriages, while exchanging vows one of them can always use an interaction to reject the marriage mid-ceremony. Just play one of them, and click on the other to get the option.
    I didn't do that yet, but I did see it come up as an option. And not for a non-commital Sim.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @Simsister2004 I'm not sure I get this one. Was there an issue with toddlers and stairs?

Have you played earlier versions of the game? If so, you would know why some players were building special houses called "toddler friendly", because in earlier versions this was impossible. Perhaps it's caused by the multitasking. But you can't even carry the babies to the couch for sitting while breastfeeding or upstairs. You need to move them in build mode.

Oh I know you can't move the babies. All for #FreeTheBabies as moving those bassinets in BB is annoying. -_-' Don't even need to be fully free. Just lemme have two bassinets for one child plumnnabbit!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    If your Sim has the body builder, and they go jogging, their fun bar goes up. I didn't know that!
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sims can't "change into nude" in front of toddlers/children. I was having my sim change out of her pajamas with her toddler in the room, so I went to the "change outfit" interaction, and noticed that "change into nude" was greyed out. I hovered over it and it said "your sim can't take off their clothes in front of a child." That's definitely a good little detail! Lol :D
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    i learned that it doesnt matter if my vampire is immune to the sun, because his powers are not.. and let me tell ya, trying to feed on someone in the middle of the day gets really awkward.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited February 2017
    You can sell a spoiled Vampire cure for probably this much money. $.$
    mZfNrhM.png
    Post edited by DeKay on
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    Audio_5urf wrote: »
    i learned that it doesnt matter if my vampire is immune to the sun, because his powers are not.. and let me tell ya, trying to feed on someone in the middle of the day gets really awkward.

I'm aware of this and yet I STILL try to do it. Every.single.time. Sometimes though, I can get it to work, but it can be annoying that's for sure! :smiley:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    You can sell a spoiled Vampire cure for probably this much money. $.$
    mZfNrhM.png

Hello Dekay
    Thankyou for letting us know about the money received from selling a spoiled vampire cure!
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    It took me a while to notice, but kleptomaniacs get a huge boost of fun after they steal things.

Toddlers also chew on the books when they read. It's so cute :sob:
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Sims can't "change into nude" in front of toddlers/children. I was having my sim change out of her pajamas with her toddler in the room, so I went to the "change outfit" interaction, and noticed that "change into nude" was greyed out. I hovered over it and it said "your sim can't take off their clothes in front of a child." That's definitely a good little detail! Lol :D

I disagree. I think this furthers the harmful concept that there is something wrong with our bodies and nudity is shameful and inherently sexual.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    WilCat74WilCat74 Posts: 14 New Member
    I discovered that having your fish that you caught in fish bowls/aquarium makes my sims uncomfortable. I was searching for a dirty dish or glass for the longest time! lol
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    WilCat74 wrote: »
    I discovered that having your fish that you caught in fish bowls/aquarium makes my sims uncomfortable. I was searching for a dirty dish or glass for the longest time! lol

I believe this was a bug. It shouldn't really happen.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Was the quality of the fish foul? I noticed I would get the uncomfortable moodlet when I put in too many fish that were foul quality.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Vampires do not have a reflection! So Bram Stoker!

l8ZvbKYl.png
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    I posted this elsewhere, but it applies here as well:

Well, today I found out that sims will eat the cake on their own without being prompted by you, so as long as your cowplant is alive, save your game and save often if you want your sims to live!

My sims Ryan and Diedre aparently have two idiot teen children that can't learn from their sibling's mistakes! One got eaten by the cowplant, got spit out, and dumb dumb sister had to copy her dm witted brother! I immediately put the cow plants into storage until they either die, or the teens age up and move out!

I planted the cowplants to get rid of obnoxious townies, not my own sim familes! >:)
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I can't get a cowplant to kill townies. They chew them up, spit them out, and never catch the same sim twice. Sigh.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I only found out today that with a certain level in mischief a sim can spy on the neighbourhood with the observatory and I saw a car stop to let a duck and her ducklings cross the road, so sweet.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    I can't get a cowplant to kill townies. They chew them up, spit them out, and never catch the same sim twice. Sigh.
    Feel free to join my cowplant discussion

Also check this guide:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    I only found out today that with a certain level in mischief a sim can spy on the neighbourhood with the observatory and I saw a car stop to let a duck and her ducklings cross the road, so sweet.

Hello
    The mischief skill level needed is level 4.
    It is very special when a car stops to let a duck and ducklings cross the road <3
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Playing basketball after eating a curry will boost your aim at basketball :D
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    whitewaveldcwhitewaveldc Posts: 532 Member
    Did you know that you can put a highchair up to the table like a regular chair and the toddlers can eat with the family! I just figured this out yesterday when playing.

tumblr_olw3ajKnsI1u6ld28o1_540.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I don't think electrocuted ghosts can use the "Pass Through" interaction for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    WilCat74WilCat74 Posts: 14 New Member
    Was the quality of the fish foul? I noticed I would get the uncomfortable moodlet when I put in too many fish that were foul quality.

I don't think they were foul. I had just caught them and the uncomfortable moodlet popped up soon after. Took me a while to realize it was having the fish around! lol
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited February 2017
    Did you know vampires can do the Super Strength workout on the workout machine if they've maxed their vampiric strength?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top