Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I didn't know the globe drinks platter had the "call to meal" option. Now you can have all your company have a drink. That should come in handy at a wedding.
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I didn't know you could learn more about Bernard and Mimsy's story by speaking to them. I'm not sure what interaction triggered it (maybe "ask about day" or "deep conversation"), but during a wedding at the Von Haunt Estate, Mimsy started talking to my sim and an eerie speech notification popped up. I can't remember it verbatim, but she said something along the lines of "Our marriage wasn't perfect, but what couple's ever is?" and she also says something about love not always being there from the start and developing later on. My memory is a bit hazy on it, but when I saw it in game, it reminded me of the SimFacts video about them by Chrillsims3 on YouTube and it sent chills down my spine. :lol:
    klestrella wrote: »
    I didn't know you could learn more about Bernard and Mimsy's story by speaking to them. I'm not sure what interaction triggered it (maybe "ask about day" or "deep conversation"), but during a wedding at the Von Haunt Estate, Mimsy started talking to my sim and an eerie speech notification popped up. I can't remember it verbatim, but she said something along the lines of "Our marriage wasn't perfect, but what couple's ever is?" and she also says something about love not always being there from the start and developing later on. My memory is a bit hazy on it, but when I saw it in game, it reminded me of the SimFacts video about them by Chrillsims3 on YouTube and it sent chills down my spine. :lol:

Very interesting. Do you have a link to that Youtube video?
    Just noticed - the Double Futon bed from City Living has mismatched pillow cases. :smile:
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2017
    klestrella wrote: »

Very interesting. Do you have a link to that Youtube video?

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT5rxn3bYms
    Thank you @klestrella
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    PoKiTauru5 wrote: »
    I didn't know that the default park lots Maxis added in our lots folder, are actually different from the ones already placed in the world.
    I mean the 50x50 Willow Creek and Oasis Springs parks.
    The pre placed parks have a pond, meanwhile their versions in the lots folder don't have any ponds, just an empty space.

The ponds are a debug item, and can cause "issues" for new players who don't know how to use cheats. (As an example, I can't rotate builds with ponds on without turning MOO on, even if MOO wasn't used to build the lot). I guess it was a lot safer for them, to not have ponds included in library lots.
  • damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I wanna thank whomever mentioned Chrillsims3! I just watched about four of his videos, he's very good at them!
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I didn't know that toddlers could play in the cabinets
    QRyWfb5.png
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I didn't know that Death was such a savvy seller :wink:
    O5socXQl.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Hello @Celticgamer0
    It would have given you a surprise to see the Grim Reaper selling items at the Festival! I hope that he was able to sell some of the items! It was great seeing the screenshot :)
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Sent my sims to the festival an the "Flea market" thing came up. First time I saw it in my game, lol. I usually don't go to the Festivals, but I will now. :)
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I didn't know that toddlers could play in the cabinets
    QRyWfb5.png

Terrific screen shot!
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Another thing that I didn't know (Probs took me too long to figure out!): You can click on the "required items" in the lot specifications window and it will take you to that item in the catelog! This discovering has just made my building so much easier! :smiley:
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    The last Sims game I played before TS4 was the first one, so I'm constantly discovering (or being told) things that are probably obvious to everyone but me. But one thing that I just discovered which made me feel Very Simple is that you can put the satellite dish on the roof. Makes perfect sense in hindsight, but for some reason it just didn't occur to me at all.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    wavves wrote: »
    i was watching the civic public access channel on the TV (came with the city living EP) and i started dying when i noticed that they recreated the sitcom Seinfeld. thought that was a cool thing!

6299JQM.jpg
    lDxCj7A.jpg

I knew I wasn't the only one that noticed this
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Did you know that if your toddler has a toy in their inventory they can show it off to adults? Not sure if it's skill gated or not but it was pretty adorable.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    wavves wrote: »
    i was watching the civic public access channel on the TV (came with the city living EP) and i started dying when i noticed that they recreated the sitcom Seinfeld. thought that was a cool thing!

6299JQM.jpg
    lDxCj7A.jpg

Holy crap that is amazing!!!! Love that show.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Did you know that some things are far more attractive when left in their original state?

03-04-17_12-20-03AM.png
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    SuRihtanil wrote: »

This isn't true. The next DLC is a bowling pack and after that it is most likely to be related to pets, judging by the content found within the code.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    SuRihtanil wrote: »

This isn't true. The next DLC is a bowling pack and after that it is most likely to be related to pets, judging by the content found within the code.

I'm hoping soon though, I miss Uni so much.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I didn't know that vampires with Vampiric Slumber used it right after WooHoo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top