Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Nimie wrote: »
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Burning Sims can extinguish themselves in a shower.

To be fair though, I found this one out in a video of CaptainSauce on Youtube. The latest "Life of Kevin" actually. But he used it in a way that looked like "yeah, that's the routine, nothing wrong with that" while I sat there and thought "maaaaaagic?" :joy:

But it's a nice thing nonetheless and makes more sense than burning Sims pulling fire extinguishers out of their pockets.

Love CaptainSauce btw :love:
    @mariah6194
    Me too, he is my favourite Sims youtuber so far! As in, my fav playing Sims youtuber, because Chrillsims is the best with the hidden stories he discovers in the games (while CaptainSauce makes them himself).

To be fair though, I found this one out in a video of CaptainSauce on Youtube. The latest "Life of Kevin" actually. But he used it in a way that looked like "yeah, that's the routine, nothing wrong with that" while I sat there and thought "maaaaaagic?" :joy:

But it's a nice thing nonetheless and makes more sense than burning Sims pulling fire extinguishers out of their pockets.

@mariah6194
    Me too, he is my favourite Sims youtuber so far! As in, my fav playing Sims youtuber, because Chrillsims is the best with the hidden stories he discovers in the games (while CaptainSauce makes them himself).

I'm going to check Chill's channel out, I love CaptainSauce he always makes me laugh

I like those as well but crazzy about the Englishsimmer
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    ScrapbooksimsScrapbooksims Posts: 144 Member
    Just discovered toddlers can travel by themselves when they are invited to another lot.
  • Options
    taspastarstriketaspastarstrike Posts: 61 Member
    My sim had a drink whilst lay in the bath! Not sure why.
  • Options
    GouacheGouache Posts: 823 Member
    I didn't know teens could 'mess around' with their significant other. It's basically woohoo lol
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I did not know that sims will eat while using the PC:

v8pmkg.jpg
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Just figured this one out. If you put caught fish in your aquarium make sure they aren't foul. I kept getting the trash can moodlet in my living room even though it's spotless, I kept scanning around slowly and carefully and moving furniture & pictures to see if I had a plate or pizza box stuck somewhere, nothing. Then my toddler aged up and went to view the aquarium, bam! Trash can moodlet instantly. So I opened it an 3 of 6 fish were foul. I removed them sold them out of my inventory and replaced them with purchased fish, problem solved. So if you have an aquarium and keep getting the dirty surrounding moodlet, and you put fish your sim has caught in there check to see if any are "foul" quality.

This is the most useful thing I've read today. My Sims kept getting the "Trash" moodlet, and I was going crazy having them clean. One was a scientist, and she'd Sim Ray "Clean" on all her guests, but it still wouldn't go away.
    Guess I'm gonna have to give away my Sims favorite Vampire Squid, "Sticky."
    Also, your Sims can eat and throw horseshoes. I'm waiting for the day they get their hands mixed up and throw a plate of food at the post.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited March 2017
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Did you know if a child Sim completes the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, they will autonomously work out as an adult?
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I have read where many people don't really like or use the high chair for toddlers, I really wanted my toddler to eat at the table with everyone, so I put a ottoman next to the table and he eats there. He talks to the other people at the table and it feels more like he is eating with the family rather than sitting on the floor or in another room.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    I have read where many people don't really like or use the high chair for toddlers, I really wanted my toddler to eat at the table with everyone, so I put a ottoman next to the table and he eats there. He talks to the other people at the table and it feels more like he is eating with the family rather than sitting on the floor or in another room.

great idea!!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member

The showers thing is actually kind of a hold-over from The Sims 3. (Maybe 2? I don't remember that far back for sure.) Back in TS3, I actually put a shower in my Sim's studio (attic) where she did her painting, sculpting and inventing. The inventing had a tendency to result in flaming Sims!
    6Qs8ton.jpg
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Nimie wrote: »

@mariah6194

@mariah6194

I'm going to check Chill's channel out, I love CaptainSauce he always makes me laugh
    @Nimie
    It's "Chrill", the R isn't a typo. Actually the channel's name is Chrillsims3.

@Ayradyss
    Wow! I didn't that was a thing in the previous games (at least 3) too! You should go post it in the TS3 "Did you know" thread :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I feel remarkably less intelligent, but I just noticed that the toddler Sims have on their needs panel, Attention. :open_mouth: I'm almost ashamed to say I've played them since they dropped via that marvelous, surprise patch back on 12 January 2017. See? I remember the date. I had just aged up the babe to child in the household I was currently playing, with no other babies on the horizon, so I took the household into CAS and aged the child down to toddler. Voila, it worked. So, while I was exploring this age stage, why on Earth didn't I notice this before? Shock? Overwhelmed? I can't say why. But today I did notice it. Should make things a tad easier. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    I didn't know that you could change the phone case for your sims :)
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    I didn't know that you can buy fireworks online till today so i thought i always had to the festivals to get fireworks
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Something that's really not that big a deal but I thought it was a nice touch:

I didn't know that this stepping stone path was actually useable for your sims! Sent my sim jogging from her house and was suprised when she took this path! It's in the country bit of the Windenburg world!

Hello ,
    I think that it is a nice touch in the game too :) It is nice seeing our sims use that path.
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    I just clicked on my sim and there was an option for him to 'drink illudium q-36 birth control'. Never seen that one before! At the time he was flirty, he's is also a romantic and has beguile and great kisser traits. I had him drink it and he did the 'attempt to seduce dance'.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    ThatWinterSimmerThatWinterSimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

Oh wow! I didn't know these things either! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

Oh wow! I didn't know these things either! :open_mouth:

I've known about the scooting on double bed for quite a while - but I've never been able to actually get my sims to do it!?
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I just clicked on my sim and there was an option for him to 'drink illudium q-36 birth control'. Never seen that one before! At the time he was flirty, he's is also a romantic and has beguile and great kisser traits. I had him drink it and he did the 'attempt to seduce dance'.

You have the MC Command Center mod? That's where that comes from - nothing to do with the game.
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member

You have the MC Command Center mod? That's where that comes from - nothing to do with the game.

Oh so it's from the mod. First time I've seen it though.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    I didn't know that the default park lots Maxis added in our lots folder, are actually different from the ones already placed in the world.
    I mean the 50x50 Willow Creek and Oasis Springs parks.
    The pre placed parks have a pond, meanwhile their versions in the lots folder don't have any ponds, just an empty space.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top