Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF

Comments

• Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    This is the first piece of content I've been legitimately excited for in all of Sims 4. It looks so good <3<3
    I can definitely see the Goth's getting a makeover with this pack.
    For anyone who has Luxury Party how well would you say this pack would go with that one? Just curious
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited November 2016
    I think depends on what aspects. The looks and butler would definitely go nicely with the banquet tables and the like. As for LP and VG CAS styles, not sure. Some of LP I find a bit out there or overly glamourous but mixing and matching might make for some interesting results.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited November 2016
    Okay, I'm simple: I like the cloud of powder surrounding the Sims when they gussy up!
  • Options
    edited November 2016

tumblr_ohf22oVVCj1tj6sf3o1_540.png

That picture looks just like Marilyn Monroe. swoon
    I swear this EP is giving me Mad Men vibes.

That wall paper though! I'm in love! <3

Ah! I always miss the little stuff/medium-little stuff - (I won't go on, there)
    Show me some of the Wall Paper, pretty please! Never mind, it's not out yet.
    I'll be fine, soon -- really *cough*
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    Done with stuff packs. As I said, it's just overpriced reskins that hold one interesting item hostage to increase EA's profit margins. This time it seems the butler is the new hostage. Really don't care.

People really need to stop buying into these stuff packs if they actually want this franchise to improve.

As usual you state your opinions as facts. Do you even know what a reskin is? Reskins use the same model, not completely different ones. For example the koala nightlight is a Reskin of a base game one. All a Reskin is is using the same model and re skinning it.

But if you're happier paying 20 dollars for the same amount of cas and buy stuff but no gameplay like we have since Sims 2 then go ahead.

Two things:

1) Please tell me where on earth I "stated my opinion like fact."

2) Your nitpicking of the definition of "reskin" does nothing to change anything I've said. It's still just the exact same items with a different coat of paint, plus one super unique item that they hold hostage to try and increase sales and profit margins. This time it's not an item, but a service NPC, and honestly a weak one at that. He can garden AND clean!? Ok, let me just hire a gardener and a maid. Done deal.

Ever since I've joined I've stated these Stuff packs are the #1 reason for the decline of franchise quality. I still stand by that and encourage everyone to boycott these things if they actually wanna see more meaningful content.

No need for me to boycott this particular SP...my Sims 4 game was uninstalled long ago & I stopped giving them my money after GTW.

My style of game play was eliminated from Sims 4 when they chose not to include all life stages (as promised). I still kept my pre-order based on yet another lie that toddlers were only delayed for time reasons.
    After waiting for over a year, I was done.

This game is geared for a younger audience than me apparently & based around parties. I constantly found myself bored because I couldn't play my generations families like I could in Sims 3.

Luckily, my Sims 3 game plays perfectly & is complete & paid for. Sims 4 (and Sims 5 & 6 & so on & so on) will never see another dime from me.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Is it Me or am I seeing clothes that we already got from other packs? in the video I saw nothing new as far as clothes, everything looked the same to Me.
    P.S. forgot to ask when are they going to mention what is going into the Xmas Holiday pack? I have seen nothing bout that as of yet.

It's all new. I just went through the screenshots here: https://simsvip.com/2016/11/29/sims-4-vintage-glamour-stuff-65-trailer-screens/ Every outfit in that is new.

Thank you kindly luthienrising, much appreciated.

No problem :) I think after a while some of the things we have do start to look the same. I was really noticing the clothes in this today because some of it is not lowcut, which is exactly what I'd been looking for literally right before the blog came out, for a Sim I was making.

Yup your right I just noticed they are not so low cut, that is awesome, thanks for pointing that out, now I am glad I just might get this pack, :)

Oh. And you know who'd need a Butler someday? Vampires. Vampires totally need butlers!

Now I want vampires with butlers. Or vampire butlers. And I'm not even a huge vampires fan.*
    *Except Discworld vampires. Maybe I could have vegetarian vampires?? With butlers. And suspenders.

Now That would be a good game - Discworld Sims Game world which would have wizards, vampires and butlers and firemen. You could set the Mended Drum on fire whenever you liked. You would have to add the trait cowardly if you wanted to play as Rincewind.

(I've got all the old Discworld games but unfortunately cannot play them on these new PCs)!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Am I the only one on here excited about the new classic tv channel?

Nope! It's something new and The Sims 4 seems much more open minded to opening new channels unlike with The Sims 3 where even after the movie theatre set was released they still had the same channels with nothing new added while here city living added three new channels, the kids stuff added a new kids channel, and now we are getting a new one for the new stuff pack!

I love the variety of channels we've been getting! I do wish we could get more skill-based channels though. I really miss the gardening & fishing channels.

As for the Stuff Pack I am definitely excited for it...though mostly for the beds and hair because they look amazing.

Don't worry Simmer! EA will throw so much "uncalled for" stuff packs like The Sims 4: Pantyhose (a stuff pack for sexy sleepwear), The Sims 4: That's Not Your Wife (a stuff pack for couples wanting to start a secret affair), and The Sims 4: Stop It You Moocher (a stuff pack for Hobo's movin on up by mooching on other Sim's cash), that eventually I'm sure we will have more skill based themed channels.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited November 2016
    Done with stuff packs. As I said, it's just overpriced reskins that hold one interesting item hostage to increase EA's profit margins. This time it seems the butler is the new hostage. Really don't care.

People really need to stop buying into these stuff packs if they actually want this franchise to improve.

As usual you state your opinions as facts. Do you even know what a reskin is? Reskins use the same model, not completely different ones. For example the koala nightlight is a Reskin of a base game one. All a Reskin is is using the same model and re skinning it.

But if you're happier paying 20 dollars for the same amount of cas and buy stuff but no gameplay like we have since Sims 2 then go ahead.

Two things:

2) Your nitpicking of the definition of "reskin" does nothing to change anything I've said. It's still just the exact same items with a different coat of paint, plus one super unique item that they hold hostage to try and increase sales and profit margins. This time it's not an item, but a service NPC, and honestly a weak one at that. He can garden AND clean!? Ok, let me just hire a gardener and a maid. Done deal.

Ever since I've joined I've stated these Stuff packs are the #1 reason for the decline of franchise quality. I still stand by that and encourage everyone to boycott these things if they actually wanna see more meaningful content.

1. The stuff packs are really cheap.
    2. 5 this year is hardly a lot considering the TS3 store.
    3. There are 3 completely new gameplay items including the butler, and most SPs come with 2.
    4. The way you say it it's like you'd be satisfied with exactly 1 item of each furniture type trough the whole game, since every other would be a reskin.

Did you ever *buy* from the Sims store...? I know I didn't.

Fast forward to today and suddenly they've renamed the Sims Store to "Stuff Packs" and lo and behold, nobody questions or doubts the quality of them simply because the name has changed. How are any of these higher quality than the Sims 3 store...?

You know what is different though? The frequency with which the content sells, because EA figured out if you name something an "OFFICIAL Stuff Pack" instead of making it chair #34 on the store page, people are more eager to give EA money for it.

Two things:

You've stated that if people want Sims 4 to improve we need to stop buying stuff packs.

They're not holding content hostage.. It's a game with dlc. How is offering it in a 10 dollar pack any different than a 40 dollar one. It is a PRODUCT. They are SELLING it and trying to add appealing content so that you want to buy it.

Would you rather the price Go back up to 20 dollars and get rid of gameplay again?

Glad you asked.

Imagine that over the course of Sims 3, we were given 100 meaningful gameplay objects. 0 of those objects were in Stuff packs, meaning all 100 were divided between the 11 expansions we got. This means each expansion got like ~9 meaningful objects (ridiculously small amount, yes, but this is just an example). This means that you could simply skip Stuff Packs and you missed nothing important, just more stuff.

Now for sake of argument, imagine Sims 4 is complete and we have ~6 expansions but we also have 20 stuff packs (which at this rate, Sims 4 will likely realistically get). Again, there are 100 meaningful objects, except this time they're split between every single pack.

Know what happens now? That's right, you buy every single pack. You buy without skipping because you don't want to miss out on any meaningful gameplay content. Suddenly, it doesn't matter that they're $10 each, because all of them total up to a whopping $200. Even more annoying, because you now have 100 meaningful objects divided between 26 packs, this means that when you pay $40 for an expansion, you are no longer getting 9 gameplay objects, but 4. Sure, it's adjusted some because Expansions are larger, but the adjustments mostly just make Stuff Packs equal 2 or 3 items whilst expansions get 5-6. The price you were once willing to pay because "expansion" once meant sizeable content...? Suddenly it's not as sizeable as it once was, though the price tag has not changed. This means that if you want to get the exact same amount of gameplay content as one Sims 3 pack could offer, you must buy more packs.

Would you rather the price Go back up to 20 dollars and get rid of gameplay again?

This may be a disingenuous comparison depending on the scale of Sims 4 stuff packs vs. Sims 3 ones (I've no idea of the size, I didn't buy the Sims 3 ones), but honestly...? Yes.

That's the point: if a pack focuses solely on *stuff*, then I probably won't be buying it. EA noticed people weren't buying Stuff packs, that's why we have the price adjustment, that's why they suddenly have one meaningful object each. It's not about that Sims 3's counterparts would total $60 together whilst Sims 4's total $50, it's about the fact that many people skipped the stuff pack in Sims 3, so they'd just pay $40 for the expansion alone. Sims 4? People want both, so they purchase both the expansions *and* the Stuff packs.

This also seems like a great time to mention that if you look at how much content was on offer at the two-year mark of Sims 3 and Sims 4's history...? Sims 3's content costed $240 total, whilst Sims 4's costed $200. (and if you fast forward just a couple months, you can include City Living AND this pack whilst Sims 3 gained one stuff pack at 2 years, 3 months, thus Sims 4 actually wins by gaining speed and just $10 behind) Despite having half the expansions, Sims 4 was exactly one expansion's worth of cost behind Sims 3. How does that happen...? I'll tell you how: it happens when you have 8 stuff packs on offer. If I played Sims 3 and skipped EVERY stuff pack because it lacked content, I paid $180 dollars at the end of it's 2 year anniversary. If I played Sims 4...? Everything has some content, I must buy all for the "full experience," and would you look at that, they've gained a net profit despite the price drop.

As I said, it's holding content hostage. It's a way to increase the sales of stuff packs, because if they were to remove the Butler from this pack, remove the Dishwasher from Cool Kitchen stuff or remove the Water Slide from Backyard Stuff...? They'd see a dip in sales as everyone skipped that pack.

Overall, had stuff packs received a price adjustment to accomidate their lower sales? Cool, that's basic economics. $10 stuff packs with no gameplay content sounds fair. Instead, it's to the detriment of expansion packs. Why isn't a Butler in City Living...? Because they needed him to push the sales of this pack. That's not a simple price adjustment, that's actively letting expansions lose quality so that they can make $50 instead of $40 this holiday season.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    The dishwasher wasn't in Cool Kitchen
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    RubeeSims wrote: »

I'd rather have these stuff packs than the godawful overpriced Sims 3 Store.

I completely agree there!!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    EA have said themselves, and it doesn't take a genius to see it either. Game sales have changed since The Sims 1 - drastically. Regular DLC releases sell better than two EPs a year and a couple of stuff packs.

I agree with you 100 percent. The Sims 3 Store was TERRIBLE and OVERPRICED. I have never felt like I wasted so much money than when I decided to splurge on Sim points and waste my time piece-mealing content that was just an object to look at. Sims 3 was the most outrageous when it came to nickel and diming its customers. The price/quality margin in Sims 4 is MUCH BETTER in my opinion and I will gladly give EA my money as they continue down this quality content trend they are on.
  • Options
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    Didn't think I would find a retro themed stuff pack all that exciting but after seeing the trailer I am really looking forward to this. All the CAS and build/buy items look great and I think the butler will add some cool game play and expand the possibilities for my sims stories. Can't wait to get my hands on this pack <3

Isn't it so cool that they included an NPC in a stuff pack? I think the butler came with the Late Night pack for Sims 3 if I'm correct. Anyway, I hope stuff packs continue this hybrid trend of objects/gameplay objects/random gameplay additions. In Movie Hangout they added ability to watch movies and discuss. Spooky Stuff had a new event along with the jack-o-lantern station. Kids Stuff had "Pokemon collecting lore" added and such a unique idea with the battle station! There are more things I am sure I am forgetting right now. I have sounded like a broken record on these threads lately but I will happily state again that I never thought I would enjoy stuff packs so much!
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    EA have said themselves, and it doesn't take a genius to see it either. Game sales have changed since The Sims 1 - drastically. Regular DLC releases sell better than two EPs a year and a couple of stuff packs.

I agree with you 100 percent. The Sims 3 Store was TERRIBLE and OVERPRICED. I have never felt like I wasted so much money than when I decided to splurge on Sim points and waste my time piece-mealing content that was just an object to look at. Sims 3 was the most outrageous when it came to nickel and diming its customers. The price/quality margin in Sims 4 is MUCH BETTER in my opinion and I will gladly give EA my money as they continue down this quality content trend they are on.

How is the vast majority of Sims 4 stuff pack content not "just an object to look at?" Even the globe bar qualifies as such.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I feel so depressed with each announcement of new content. Dine Out was the last thing I got excited for. With all getting up from the table to chat with another sim at a different table, it was a disappointment as well.

For a stuff pack, it is worth the ten bucks depending on how much is working properly. I am still waiting for that wow factor with this game. I am tired of settling for the crumbs that drop from the King's table.
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »

How is the vast majority of Sims 4 stuff pack content not "just an object to look at?" Even the globe bar qualifies as such.

By that I meant there is absolutely no gameplay attached to it and it just sits in your buy catalog unused. I barely used any of the objects Sims 3 offered in their stuff packs besides the stuff in that outdoor one I enjoyed. I just think Sims 4 has higher quality objects and it is proven in my gaming experience that I am always using objects from a variety of the packs in my game.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't see landlines and newspapers making a come back. Maybe a specialty version like the Wall Street Journal or some other financial paper for rich sims to read while sitting in an overstuffed leather chair by the fire while sipping a cognac. Or maybe a magazine version, then you could have a readable magazine for other careers like movie star/Variety, tech geek/Wired, doctor/American Journal of Medicine, etc. When you get to a certain level, it could be a reward that comes in the mail.

I just hope my butler doesn't have a phone at all. I don't want him skipping off to the opera instead of making dinner.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Wow, this looks great! I dont understand why people think butlers are for the rich? :D>:)

I plan on getting a butler for culpepper place (the one that needs TLC and has a balcony). That way, the butler can take care of the roaches and rats and fix everything that breaks! I hope he has the handiness skill because he will need it!

I wonder if he will get mad and leave :'( I just want to get my moneys worth from the butler! I wonder how much you will have to pay for them?
  • Options
    Wow, this looks great! I dont understand why people think butlers are for the rich? :D>:)

I plan on getting a butler for culpepper place (the one that needs TLC and has a balcony). That way, the butler can take care of the roaches and rats and fix everything that breaks! I hope he has the handiness skill because he will need it!

I wonder if he will get mad and leave :'( I just want to get my moneys worth from the butler! I wonder how much you will have to pay for them?
    This is very true, but then you can't watch the wee beasties running around unabated!

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I've never really used the butler before, because I've never really played with families that were 'rich', I only would use cheats to make them rich for a story. So, I guess in that scenario, this would be perfect, for me. :) But I am so loving this little pack. I LOVE vintage stuff, so this is definitely something I'm interested in getting.

Though... it does seem a little 'party-like', :( I hope we get a game pack next... we're in need of more of those. I still love the vanity table and that was hilarious when the little girl was putting on make-up and then she had lipstick smeared all over her face, lool. Super cute. I love that they have bell's for the butlers, too. Definitely going to fit with those really snooty Sims.

Love the clothing; and that short curly hairstyle. I'll probably use that a lot. Dx I also like the new hairstyle for girls, I think it's new..
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm going to rework my shop, The Elephant Trunk, into a vintage/glamour shop with furniture and décor and a few special clothing items.
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    Honestly to me it seems like the people who are saying this pack is "another party pack" are really flogging a dead horse now... nothing says party like decadent furniture and a vanity table, right :|
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm going to rework my shop, The Elephant Trunk, into a vintage/glamour shop with furniture and décor and a few special clothing items.

Ooh love the sound of this, please upload it to the gallery once you're done!!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm excited now the houses i use as legacy houses can look generational .
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Eh, it looks alright, but I don't see a need for me to have it when I already have Luxury Party. I will probably pass, the butler looks cool though.