Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Great, another drink bar xD

I believe this one has new drinks. One of the gurus not Graham said their juices.

I like the globe bar and that a kid can spin it. I wonder if spinning it spills the juice?
  • Options
    Mandi2468Mandi2468 Posts: 18 New Member
    Yeah, 10 pages!
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited November 2016
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    I love that the vanity is back and that the kids can play with it. Also, I was thinking "another bar?" but this globe-bar thingy looks pretty neat. I don't trust/like NPCs in TS4 so I'm indifferent about the butler. :D

Did the vanity allow TS2 to use the apply makeup animation? I don't think it did.

In TS2 the vanity works like a mirror with the option of Change Appearance (face only). Sims can also makeover other sims (again, player controlled Change Appearance). But there was no exclusive apply makeup animation/interaction.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Hmmmm, this stuff pack looks really good. Love the vintage clothing a lot. And the globe beverage server is awesome! Still, I'll wait until there's a good sale.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I love that the vanity is back and that the kids can play with it. Also, I was thinking "another bar?" but this globe-bar thingy looks pretty neat. I don't trust/like NPCs in TS4 so I'm indifferent about the butler. :D

Did the vanity allow TS2 to use the apply makeup animation? I don't think it did.

In TS2 the vanity works like a mirror with the option of Change Appearance (face only). Sims can also makeover other sims (again, player controlled Change Appearance). But there was no exclusive apply makeup animation/interaction.

So this is the first sims game we'll have the applying makeup animation. That's what I thought.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    lmkiture wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    Apparently you can assign Butlers their own quarters and everything. Sounds very promising indeed!

Maybe this will open the door for assigning rooms in general or a roommate system.

Oh there's a thought. It's an NPC that doesn't add to the household numbers. I wonder if this could even be moddable for those of us who don't want to wait for a university pack* or whatever else roommates might fit into.

*(Which is when we got roommates in Sims 3, not in the earlier pack that had apartments)

@luthienrising Yeah... This is the first thought I had after learning that butlers would live in our household, but would not count towards the household members cap. Maybe a modded even could make NPC roommates for CL.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    Sounds fun. With the Get Together pack, the butlers from prominent homes can start a club to gossip about the families. Or two butlers can get married from opposing families. Of course, one of the butlers will have to be a thief and sell things at the flea market. Maybe they can buy stuff for the house that the masters won't like, maybe a sad clown poster.

Problem being is butlers are still unplayable npc sims so you have no control over them unless you set them up with another butler.

That is what makes them perfect. I love NPCs because they are nonplayable. I wish EA would add NPC roommates.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Looks like butlers serve drinks too. That'll be great for posh parties and weddings at home.

65c420df88.jpg

I hope you're right. That will make my dinner and black and white parties wayyy better.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Is anyone else ticked off that first we got hotubs with an SP and now a butler with an SP? Some of us can't afford to buy EVERY single SP on the market so that we're missing out on 'cool' stuff with SPs

That is how they make money unfortunately. If they didn't put anything appealing in a stuff pack they would have no sales.

There only $9.99 or $10 if you round up.

For a lot less content too. $10 > $20 but still less stuff. Little gameplay objects that add nothing like a bar or chocolate fountain are there to draw customers more and to help you forget the lack of content. But $10 > $20 right? o:)

I've already done comparisons and they usually have the same or more amount of objects as Sims 3. But you're welcome to believe it's less if you'd like. Spooky stuff had 71 items.

I agree. Sims 4 has MUCH better value in their stuff packs like I've repeatedly stated today. There is no denying that.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Butler's cool another add on to stories now I just need firefighters, the T word, and the those kids that just before they turn into teenagers to make my story complete.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I like the idea of it, but honestly it feels like such a waste when we don't even have the possibility of having landlines and vintage phones in the game, or newspapers etc.

Oh man, I was JUST saying this on another thread. I forgot about the landlines (which of COURSE we need), but cash registers and newspapers... I still think they made a lousy call with that, but if they brought them back in this stuff pack that would be a good thing. Otherwise... whatever it's just another stuff pack.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Done with stuff packs. As I said, it's just overpriced reskins that hold one interesting item hostage to increase EA's profit margins. This time it seems the butler is the new hostage. Really don't care.

People really need to stop buying into these stuff packs if they actually want this franchise to improve.

As usual you state your opinions as facts. Do you even know what a reskin is? Reskins use the same model, not completely different ones. For example the koala nightlight is a Reskin of a base game one. All a Reskin is is using the same model and re skinning it.

But if you're happier paying 20 dollars for the same amount of cas and buy stuff but no gameplay like we have since Sims 2 then go ahead.

Two things:

1) Please tell me where on earth I "stated my opinion like fact."

2) Your nitpicking of the definition of "reskin" does nothing to change anything I've said. It's still just the exact same items with a different coat of paint, plus one super unique item that they hold hostage to try and increase sales and profit margins. This time it's not an item, but a service NPC, and honestly a weak one at that. He can garden AND clean!? Ok, let me just hire a gardener and a maid. Done deal.

Ever since I've joined I've stated these Stuff packs are the #1 reason for the decline of franchise quality. I still stand by that and encourage everyone to boycott these things if they actually wanna see more meaningful content.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I find it kind of funny that they couldn't give us an NPC roommate for CL apartments, but they can give us a live-in butler in a stuff pack.
    Maxis, you make no sense. ;)

I was thinking the same thing, maybe modders can find a way to make them based on the butler NPC.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Looks like butlers serve drinks too. That'll be great for posh parties and weddings at home.

65c420df88.jpg

I hope you're right. That will make my dinner and black and white parties wayyy better.

Makes you wonder if serving for normal sims will come in the patch!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Done with stuff packs. As I said, it's just overpriced reskins that hold one interesting item hostage to increase EA's profit margins. This time it seems the butler is the new hostage. Really don't care.

People really need to stop buying into these stuff packs if they actually want this franchise to improve.

As usual you state your opinions as facts. Do you even know what a reskin is? Reskins use the same model, not completely different ones. For example the koala nightlight is a Reskin of a base game one. All a Reskin is is using the same model and re skinning it.

But if you're happier paying 20 dollars for the same amount of cas and buy stuff but no gameplay like we have since Sims 2 then go ahead.

Two things:

2) Your nitpicking of the definition of "reskin" does nothing to change anything I've said. It's still just the exact same items with a different coat of paint, plus one super unique item that they hold hostage to try and increase sales and profit margins. This time it's not an item, but a service NPC, and honestly a weak one at that. He can garden AND clean!? Ok, let me just hire a gardener and a maid. Done deal.

Ever since I've joined I've stated these Stuff packs are the #1 reason for the decline of franchise quality. I still stand by that and encourage everyone to boycott these things if they actually wanna see more meaningful content.

1. The stuff packs are really cheap.
    2. 5 this year is hardly a lot considering the TS3 store.
    3. There are 3 completely new gameplay items including the butler, and most SPs come with 2.
    4. The way you say it it's like you'd be satisfied with exactly 1 item of each furniture type trough the whole game, since every other would be a reskin.

We like different looking objects because we like our sims, we like to spoil them with pretty clothes and objects depending on their personality, and we like different houses with different styles and new objects allow us to be more creative and decorate in new ways.

There's nothing wrong with stuff packs, and they make the game better and funner for a lot of people.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I'm not counting on it, but how cool would it be if sims could get "juiced" or have a "juiceaholic" trait? :sunglasses:

Probably in another pack… still a cool thought
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    I didn't expect to like it, but is seems really nice! The butler npc surprised me a lot and it really looks great! I will pick it up some time in the future!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    After reading lots of questions and answers, seems like a cool pack. Especially since the butler is an npc.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Landline phones and newspapers would be so awesome in this :cry:

The globe bar is AWESOME :smiley: I want it!! It immediately made me think of Captain Haddock's treasure that was hidden in the globe in Tintin. Made me wish it could double as a storage unit :)

I'm really glad that we're finally getting some old-fashioned clothing! I hope it adds lots of long dresses with SLEEVES and vintage jewelry, hats, veils etc.

Something I think would work really well with this pack, is social classes :) In Sims 3, sims would get a "-- found out that --- is rich!" when visiting a rich sim's house for the first time. I think that this could be awesome in TS4. When a sim finds out someone is rich, they might get buffs like "jealous," "awed" etc. A sim is classified as "rich" if they have more than 20 000 simeleons or something, middleclass is 9 000 to 20 000 and poor is below that. Snobs are not impressed with sims that are poor and might get embarassed from being seen with a poor sim, after finding out that he/she is poor.
    This could be played with in a lot of fun ways and it could be very interesting!

I think that a "ball" party type would work very nicely with this pack :) The new outfits are appropriate for ball-type parties and the decór is certainly up to scratch. Some ballroom dances that need 2 to 4 sims to dance, would be very nice additions :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Landline phones and newspapers would be so awesome in this :cry:

The globe bar is AWESOME :smiley: I want it!! It immediately made me think of Captain Haddock's treasure that was hidden in the globe in Tintin. Made me wish it could double as a storage unit :)

I'm really glad that we're finally getting some old-fashioned clothing! I hope it adds lots of long dresses with SLEEVES and vintage jewelry, hats, veils etc.

Something I think would work really well with this pack, is social classes :) In Sims 3, sims would get a "-- found out that --- is rich!" when visiting a rich sim's house for the first time. I think that this could be awesome in TS4. When a sim finds out someone is rich, they might get buffs like "jealous," "awed" etc. A sim is classified as "rich" if they have more than 20 000 simeleons or something, middleclass is 9 000 to 20 000 and poor is below that. Snobs are not impressed with sims that are poor and might get embarassed from being seen with a poor sim, after finding out that he/she is poor.
    This could be played with in a lot of fun ways and it could be very interesting!

I think that a "ball" party type would work very nicely with this pack :) The new outfits are appropriate for ball-type parties and the decór is certainly up to scratch. Some ballroom dances that need 2 to 4 sims to dance, would be very nice additions :)

I love these ideas!

The pack looks ok. There's a few items I like. Slightly disappointed about the butler. I think there are other npcs we need first, for example police, fire fighters and the burglar!
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Two things:

You've stated that if people want Sims 4 to improve we need to stop buying stuff packs.

They're not holding content hostage.. It's a game with dlc. How is offering it in a 10 dollar pack any different than a 40 dollar one. It is a PRODUCT. They are SELLING it and trying to add appealing content so that you want to buy it.

Would you rather the price Go back up to 20 dollars and get rid of gameplay again?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member

Makes you wonder if serving for normal sims will come in the patch!

I would love that. The idea of having a dinner party (for example) that doesn't involve me micro-managing every aspect of it with mods or whatnot is extremely appealing. I always thought that was the ultimate goal of having sims multi-task was that they could accomplish grand things like serving, chatting, eating, etc. at the same time as one would do in a situation like a party.
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I'm not counting on it, but how cool would it be if sims could get "juiced" or have a "juiceaholic" trait? :sunglasses:

Probably in another pack… still a cool thought

Also a v cool idea! In Fallout, it's possible to get addicted to chemicals and alcohol which does throw a curveball to the players at times. While this game is not so dark or deep, I like the idea of having hurdles to jump and things to either indulge in/embrace and/or work to resolve within our simmies.

• Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    edited November 2016
    Didn't think I would find a retro themed stuff pack all that exciting but after seeing the trailer I am really looking forward to this. All the CAS and build/buy items look great and I think the butler will add some cool game play and expand the possibilities for my sims stories. Can't wait to get my hands on this pack <3
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Yay! This looks like very cool content for a stuff pack! And there seems to be some fun for the kids as well.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Yay! This looks like very cool content for a stuff pack! And there seems to be some fun for the kids as well.

Yeah the messed-up make-up is a must for childhood. Quite sure we've all dabbled in trying to use the lipstick at some point. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess