Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF

Comments

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited November 2016
    If the butlers are live-in I hope it's not like the "roomates" in City Life that you have to control. I hope they're NPCs that act on their own and don't become a part of the household
  • Options
    FemaleTroubleFemaleTrouble Posts: 38 Member
    I'm so excited by this pack! Seems like a great collection of objects and CAS stuff. The butler seems like you could make some interesting stories with it... Same with the vanity table. Like, a boy who has very strict, traditional parents and the parents find him trying on makeup.
    tumblr_novzxnecn01tdnvrao1_500.gif
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    @SimGuruGraham has confirmed that the opacity slider "leak" was faked. I'm pretty much done with trusting "leaks" at this point. But I'll happily take the kids-playing-with-makeup gameplay over opacity sliders for now :) I'd like opacity sliders but I like little gameplay details like that even more.

I wonder if kids will be able to "get better" at makeup the more they do it? Similar to the chopstick "skill" in CL and the spice-tolerance. I'd love to see the kids get better with practice-it'd be a really cool detail.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I love this pack. The new furniture, new clothes, new jewelry, new clutter. Love the giraffe lamp and Chinese dog statue. I really like the globe bar and is there a new drinks tray (like the one for lemonade) that the butler can serve? New beds and a fireplace. I've been wanting to create an old world glamorous movie star couple (think Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn) that live in a penthouse and have a live in butler. Looks like now's the time.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this pack. That globe-bar is awesome! And a new fireplace and a new bed! CAS is looking great too. (I'm usually more excited for the stuff than the gameplay objects, although the make-up table does look fun).

My Sims will so be throwing a vintage style New Year's Eve party! (Obviously, there will be a Christmas party/family gathering with the new holiday stuff first).

And we have the fireworks from city living to use for New Year's Eve.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I love this pack. The new furniture, new clothes, new jewelry, new clutter. Love the giraffe lamp and Chinese dog statue. I really like the globe bar and is there a new drinks tray (like the one for lemonade) that the butler can serve? New beds and a fireplace. I've been wanting to create an old world glamorous movie star couple (think Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn) that live in a penthouse and have a live in butler. Looks like now's the time.

Ohh.

*adds to Celebrity Save Sims-to-Make-or-Find list*

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Wasn't expecting butlers to be in a SP but I'm not complaining just makes this SP all more worth is. Even without butlers I would get it just for the globe bar, vanity, and beds. The whole pack just feels perfect for the Goths. I wonder if you can have ghosts be your butlers. I mean I've had ghosts as nurses and doctors so why not butlers :lol:

As others have said I don't see butlers being in City Living. Yes they could work for Uptown but I just think they would of made more sense in Get Together because of the there are more wealthy families and big houses in Windenburg.
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I'm so excited for this pack! I'm a vintage girl in a modern world.
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited November 2016
    Is it Me or am I seeing clothes that we already got from other packs? in the video I saw nothing new as far as clothes, everything looked the same to Me.
    P.S. forgot to ask when are they going to mention what is going into the Xmas Holiday pack? I have seen nothing bout that as of yet.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    Is it Me or am I seeing clothes that we already got from other packs? in the video I saw nothing new as far as clothes, everything looked the same to Me.
    P.S. forgot to ask when are they going to mention what is going into the Xmas Holiday pack? I have seen nothing bout that as of yet.

• Options

Awesome Thanks Cat, Glad I got you to count on for News as well as Rosemow, much Appreciated, :)
  • Options
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting butlers to be in a SP but I'm not complaining just makes this SP all more worth is. Even without butlers I would get it just for the globe bar, vanity, and beds. The whole pack just feels perfect for the Goths. I wonder if you can have ghosts be your butlers. I mean I've had ghosts as nurses and doctors so why not butlers :lol:

As others have said I don't see butlers being in City Living. Yes they could work for Uptown but I just think they would of made more sense in Get Together because of the there are more wealthy families and big houses in Windenburg.

My problem with the Beds is that there is still No Bunk Beds!!! , But glad your happy bout the new pack, :)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I have to say I'm very excited for the brand new "was not necessary" stuff pack! I love The Sims 4 as much as I love that some of them are not needed. It keeps the community talking. Even if it requires an all caps response such as "I RATHER WHOOHOO WITH A COCONUT THEN GO TO ANOTHER PARTY AHHHH!" lol.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I'm so so excited for butlers! that and firefighters are the only npcs that I think are needed that we don't already have! I was afraid the packs wouldn't look good anymore since emily was gone... But the furniture does look like emily's style...

Don't be surprised if we get a new stuff pack for 2017 called "The Sims 4: Burning Desires" where firefighters make a return but with additional game play where they can now be the ones that start the fire in the first place just to gain a job. Will you be a good firefighter and wait for someone to be foolish like microwaving aluminum foil or will to go to their house to start the fire just so you can collect commission even if that means risking the poor Sim living in that house losing everything she loved for your firefighter to make a quick buck. Which side will you stand when you decide to burn your desire with The Sims 4: Burning Desires coming in 2017 of December just six weeks after the release of stuff pack #21 called The Sims 4: Dirty Underwear Stuff (laundry stuff pack)
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I haven't even watched the promo and I already WANT THIS.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    This isn't a party pack. It's a high end life style pack. (And I'm sure that coconut wouldn't be very happy about it either.)

With the vintage furniture and décor, you could create a shop that sells refurbished, vintage items. A high end antique shop.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited November 2016
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    more partying, boring

Not really, it's high end living, which we don't really have much of at the moment.

lol what? that is literally all we have. Took until city living before we even got some decent looking cheap couch.

Seriously they need to stop with this saturation of stuff packs. I don't want another stuff pack...I want more gameplay. We need more GPs and EPs, stop focusing on selling us bits and pieces of "stuff". Put that stuff in EPs and GPs along with actual gameplay.

Also it'd be cool if they would stop stealing ideas from CC creators. If they really like a CC creator's item or ideas they should consider hiring or compensating them. It just feels wrong to me to take someone else's hard free work and make money off of it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member

It's all new. I just went through the screenshots here: https://simsvip.com/2016/11/29/sims-4-vintage-glamour-stuff-65-trailer-screens/ Every outfit in that is new.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I say more beds, the merrier. Also curtain, wallpapers, lamps and rugs or flooring. <3<3
  • Options
    Well, that's the beauty of the setup. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I'm guessing drama lovers will romance the butlers while their spouses are at work. :p

i had my first ever sim divorce because of a handywoman and a male maid.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Well, that's the beauty of the setup. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Yeah except they dedicate people to working on stuff I don't want and not working on stuff I do want. So that's the problem there. I can't just go get the GP that I want because they don't have it out. If you dedicate a team to working on 394849384934 stuff packs a year, that's wasted resources that could go to making GPs and EPs even better which imo this game lacks. We aren't hurting for high end luxury stuff. We are hurting for actual gameplay.
  • Options

It's all new. I just went through the screenshots here: https://simsvip.com/2016/11/29/sims-4-vintage-glamour-stuff-65-trailer-screens/ Every outfit in that is new.

Thank you kindly luthienrising, much appreciated.