Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF

191011121315...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    I will give credit where it's due. That's a good job on that trailer and it reminds me of the Golden Age of Hollywood. If I was still playing this game my Clue household would like that stuff and could really use that butler. That's a good deal for a SP. Good job @SimGuruGraham

Is that blond hairstyle the lady has (wearing the long dress) new. Or have I been away from game so long I don't remember it? It's nice, Miss Scarlet needs that hairstyle. lol

Dang, stop pulling me back in. :'( My Sherlock (Basil Rathbone) could really use that vanity dresser...when he is working on a disguise for one of his stake outs.. :'(

ETA: Same thing happened to me when I saw Dine Out best GP so far imho. I want to leave...but I keep getting dragged in with stuff like this. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited December 2016
    "If you dont like it don't buy it!"

Same people later: "Why you criticizing something you don't own?"
    Its because they have nothing better to do then criticize about things they don't experience for themselves. Its like people making reviews because they played the demo which you can only play a day. Does that give you enough time to experience anything good about the game no I don't think so.

I knew I did not like The Sims 4 after an hour of playing it: I was bored to tears. My sims were unable to react to other sims in a negative way. They smiled all the time. Their emotions switched from one to another to another to another in seconds. I hated the tablet game looking map. I hated the restrictions and lack of customisation. CAS was made out to be something wonderful, yet I could not give my sim the hair colour I wanted. I thought the game was a travesty.

I contacted EA and received a refund.

I since repurchased the game to give it a second chance as people like yourself on these forums said that you needed to give the game time to discover the good things. I tried to play the game again, and, just like my initial hour of play, I was bored to tears.

You will know within a few hours of playing a The Sims 4 free trial whether you like it or not. You do not have to purchase the game to ascertain this as you can see the limitations of the game as soon as you load it up. Limited customisation opting in CAS. A tiny map. A minuscule number of lots in game. Sims that all act the same when in an emotional state. No clashes between 2 sims with opposite traits.

I think the game has improved slightly to a point where I can play for an hour or so here and there, but it is still a poor quality game in my opinion. I have been playing video games for years so know what other games are managing to do with a smaller price tag.

Once again, you're talking rubbish in an attempt at silencing those you disagree with. We get it you love the game so much you cannot see it has any faults. You are so enamoured with it you cannot think logically or critically.

Even when I like something very much, I can critique it because nothing is perfect.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2016
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Well, that's the beauty of the setup. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Yeah except they dedicate people to working on stuff I don't want and not working on stuff I do want. So that's the problem there. I can't just go get the GP that I want because they don't have it out. If you dedicate a team to working on 394849384934 stuff packs a year, that's wasted resources that could go to making GPs and EPs even better which imo this game lacks. We aren't hurting for high end luxury stuff. We are hurting for actual gameplay.

What makes that any more important than what I want? I wanted buttlers for my mansion. To me it's gameplay.
    You seem to want everything though so no matter what it is you will want it.

Pretty rude and uncalled for to be honest.

And no, I don't want everything. I like old antique and supernatural which is why I loved get together. Didn't really care for get to work and a couple of the stuff packs. Perfect patio was completely Meh to me, I only bought it for the hot tubs. I only liked a couple things in luxury party.

Don't really care for fame, bands, reality TV, super heroes or the likes.

I have been asking for butlers for a while now and was disappointed they didn't come in CL although I understood why.

You want to know what I do when there's a pack I don't like? Take showtime for example. Literally the only thing I liked was karaoke and Genies. I didn't complain and say how dare they work on things I didn't like. I just didn't buy it until it came on sale.

Very easy and it's uncalled for to call out someone just for liking things. If you think im some fan boy who never criticizes ea you've missed my posts where I ridicule Ea for breaking a ton of traditions.

By the way, my wish list right now is toddlers, supernaturals, pets, seasons, room mates, gift giving, and npcs like cops and firemen. ;)

My wish list is small and the same as it has been since the beginning - toddlers and Supernaturals (Vamps, Witches, Fairies). Those two and I will be fine. Sure I like other things, but most other things do not keep me from playing - but without the toddlers and supernaturals I just cannot enjoy the game - especially no toddlers - that is the worse for my play style and I just cannot get past it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    It didn't I got it if they don't like it then don't buy it but don't criticize something you don't own.

Well I don't need to get Vintage Glamour Stuff to say that I rather NPCs came in EPs or for free and that I find the amount of specifically CAS items to be upsetting for me :P
    Essentially every person that doesn't buy it has the right to go "this is what you could do to get me as a customer" and that is exactly what a lot of this forum does.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    HOW THE ACTUAL 🐸🐸🐸🐸 DOES EVERY THREAD ON THIS FORUM TURN INTO "SIMS 3 VS SIMS 4" OR "THE SIMS IS PERFECT" OR "I HATE THE SIMS". I'm actually curious, this started out as a thread on Vintage Glamour and look where we are now.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes, let's just agree to disagree. I love SPs, but if someone else thinks they're the worst thing out then that's Ok.
  • Options
    rialrial Posts: 32 Member
    Have to Wait 2 more Days
  • Options
    LaurenHussey93LaurenHussey93 Posts: 2 New Member
    Is anybody else only getting the option of Practice speech when trying to use the Vanity Table?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Is anybody else only getting the option of Practice speech when trying to use the Vanity Table?

Are you clicking on the mirror or the table?
  • Options
    melissa_be588melissa_be588 Posts: 52 Member
    Hi guys! For those of you who are lusting about this new stuff pack - I am giving away a copy on my blog! mellycreatessims.wordpress.com - Good luck!
    Head on over to mellycreatessims.wordpress.com and hit follow for the chance to win BOTH Vintage Glamour & Vampires! Winner will be drawn March 31st.
  • Options
    OtomiyaOtomiya Posts: 2 New Member
    Both.. but I just can see practice speech option only.. when I want to click, there are not enough chairs.. what to do?
  • Options
    OtomiyaOtomiya Posts: 2 New Member

Me
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Are you clicking on the mirror or the table?

Both.. but I just can see practice speech option only.. when I want to click, there are not enough chairs.. what to do?
  • Options
    marigold91marigold91 Posts: 81 Member
    This is my favourite stuff pack so far. Loving the new round glasses :)
  • Options
    RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I find it kind of funny that they couldn't give us an NPC roommate for CL apartments, but they can give us a live-in butler in a stuff pack.
    Maxis, you make no sense. ;)

Just searching the forum about this and thankfully I wasn't the only person who noticed this! It really doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    I'm actually really interested in getting this pack, even though it's been a few years since it's a release. I've just joined the community last year, so I'm little late to the game, and this forum isn't even active anymore, but oh well! I'm really wanting the make-up vanity and butler features. The whole feel of this stuff pack seems great, and I can't wait to possibly get it in the future.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2018
    I only got this pack this year - I was reluctant to get it at first but I use a lot of the buy mode objects. Not overly keen on the CAS items but there are a few that I like (and I love the one male hair).
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I use the CAS items and vanities a lot. It's one of my favorite stuff packs and the build items go fairly well with the build items in Vampires.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hopping in here to clarify that this thread can carry on for now, while it's a bit older it's, ahem vintage as a result and a good place to keep discussing vintage glamor. :wink:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.