Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF

Comments

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited November 2016
    Am I the only one on here excited about the new classic tv channel?

Nope! It's something new and The Sims 4 seems much more open minded to opening new channels unlike with The Sims 3 where even after the movie theatre set was released they still had the same channels with nothing new added while here city living added three new channels, the kids stuff added a new kids channel, and now we are getting a new one for the new stuff pack!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    lmkiture wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    Apparently you can assign Butlers their own quarters and everything. Sounds very promising indeed!

Maybe this will open the door for assigning rooms in general or a roommate system.

Oh there's a thought. It's an NPC that doesn't add to the household numbers. I wonder if this could even be moddable for those of us who don't want to wait for a university pack* or whatever else roommates might fit into.

*(Which is when we got roommates in Sims 3, not in the earlier pack that had apartments)

Also, the Butler takes pay, probably weekly. If you make the pay a negative amount, it's like someone is paying rent...
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Well, that's the beauty of the setup. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Yeah except they dedicate people to working on stuff I don't want and not working on stuff I do want. So that's the problem there. I can't just go get the GP that I want because they don't have it out. If you dedicate a team to working on 394849384934 stuff packs a year, that's wasted resources that could go to making GPs and EPs even better which imo this game lacks. We aren't hurting for high end luxury stuff. We are hurting for actual gameplay.

What makes that any more important than what I want? I wanted buttlers for my mansion. To me it's gameplay.
    You seem to want everything though so no matter what it is you will want it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    One of the scenes in the trailer has the lady of the house talk about food to the Butler, then he bows. You see him cooking after that.

I wonder if we can request specific meals, or ask him to cook lunch and he picks an appropriate meal?
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited November 2016

Nope! It's something new and The Sims 4 seems much more open minded to opening new channels unlike with The Sims 3 where even after the movie theatre set was released they still had the same channels with nothing new added while here city living added three new channels, the kids stuff added a new kids channel, and now we are getting a new one for the new stuff pack!

I love the variety of channels we've been getting! I do wish we could get more skill-based channels though. I really miss the gardening & fishing channels.

As for the Stuff Pack I am definitely excited for it...though mostly for the beds and hair because they look amazing.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2016
    Ok, I am REALLY excited about this one! From the butler, vanity, to the home decor items! AND, we get a new bed! I'm glad this is all happening next week. Annnnddd, I just remodeled my Sims apartment. She better make money fast because a new remodel is in the books now! :D
    Edited because I got so excited I forgot how to grammar.
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »

I love the variety of channels we've been getting! I do wish we could get more skill-based channels though. I really miss the gardening & fishing channels.

We might get them back with Seasons or some type of hobby pack. Also a DIY/Home Improvement channel to build handiness.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Ok, I am REALLY excited about this one! From the butler, vanity, to the home decor items! AND, we get a new bed! I'm glad this is all happening next week. Annnnddd, I just remodeled my Sims apartment. She better make money fast because a new remodel is in the books now! :D

Correction we get 2 new beds.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

Correction we get 2 new beds.

Awesome my Sim can now sleep "In the nude" in two new beds!
  • Options
    Mandi2468Mandi2468 Posts: 18 New Member
    I want to save my own styled looks.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Also it'd be cool if they would stop stealing ideas from CC creators. If they really like a CC creator's item or ideas they should consider hiring or compensating them. It just feels wrong to me to take someone else's hard free work and make money off of it.

Whoa... exactly what have they stolen? I know that they have said that they look at what CC is popular and what is trending in the community for inspiration on what to make next but they have never straight out stolen meshes or textures from a creator at least not to my knowledge. Also can you really say they are stealing when there is an entire community of creators releasing so much content that even those creators end up release content similar to each other. Creators don't keep tabs on each other and what everyone is making and Maxis can't do the same thing even if they try to.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I love that the vanity is back and that the kids can play with it. Also, I was thinking "another bar?" but this globe-bar thingy looks pretty neat. I don't trust/like NPCs in TS4 so I'm indifferent about the butler. :D
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    So now we need vampires, so that I can have a pair of vampires who have a human butler who sends all visitors away. >:)
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited November 2016
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Yeah except they dedicate people to working on stuff I don't want and not working on stuff I do want. So that's the problem there. I can't just go get the GP that I want because they don't have it out. If you dedicate a team to working on 394849384934 stuff packs a year, that's wasted resources that could go to making GPs and EPs even better which imo this game lacks. We aren't hurting for high end luxury stuff. We are hurting for actual gameplay.

What makes that any more important than what I want? I wanted buttlers for my mansion. To me it's gameplay.
    You seem to want everything though so no matter what it is you will want it.

Pretty rude and uncalled for to be honest.

And no, I don't want everything. I like old antique and supernatural which is why I loved get together. Didn't really care for get to work and a couple of the stuff packs. Perfect patio was completely Meh to me, I only bought it for the hot tubs. I only liked a couple things in luxury party.

Don't really care for fame, bands, reality TV, super heroes or the likes.

I have been asking for butlers for a while now and was disappointed they didn't come in CL although I understood why.

You want to know what I do when there's a pack I don't like? Take showtime for example. Literally the only thing I liked was karaoke and Genies. I didn't complain and say how dare they work on things I didn't like. I just didn't buy it until it came on sale.

Very easy and it's uncalled for to call out someone just for liking things. If you think im some fan boy who never criticizes ea you've missed my posts where I ridicule Ea for breaking a ton of traditions.

By the way, my wish list right now is toddlers, supernaturals, pets, seasons, room mates, gift giving, and npcs like cops and firemen. ;)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    KittensMeow10KittensMeow10 Posts: 161 Member
    Great, another drink bar xD
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

They released nearly 400 billion stuff packs this year? Time to remortgage the home. Let's get simming.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I'm excited. I hope there is an all day I Love Lusim channel.

Did anyone else see two different vanity tables? One purple one at the start and a brown one in the trailer at the end where stuff circles around the picture in the middle.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Done with stuff packs. As I said, it's just overpriced reskins that hold one interesting item hostage to increase EA's profit margins. This time it seems the butler is the new hostage. Really don't care.

People really need to stop buying into these stuff packs if they actually want this franchise to improve.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Oh my gosh! EXCITED! Not a long wait either, whoopie! Merry Christmas from me to me!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Done with stuff packs. As I said, it's just overpriced reskins that hold one interesting item hostage to increase EA's profit margins. This time it seems the butler is the new hostage. Really don't care.

People really need to stop buying into these stuff packs if they actually want this franchise to improve.

I feel sorry for your sims. They must be really sad not having any stuff.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    So now we need vampires, so that I can have a pair of vampires who have a human butler who sends all visitors away. >:)

omp wheres the lol button when you need it XD
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

As usual you state your opinions as facts. Do you even know what a reskin is? Reskins use the same model, not completely different ones. For example the koala nightlight is a Reskin of a base game one. All a Reskin is is using the same model and re skinning it.

But if you're happier paying 20 dollars for the same amount of cas and buy stuff but no gameplay like we have since Sims 2 then go ahead.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Mandi2468 wrote: »
    I want to save my own styled looks.

So do I.
  • Options
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    I love that the vanity is back and that the kids can play with it. Also, I was thinking "another bar?" but this globe-bar thingy looks pretty neat. I don't trust/like NPCs in TS4 so I'm indifferent about the butler. :D

Did the vanity allow TS2 to use the apply makeup animation? I don't think it did.
  • Options
    Great, another drink bar xD

I believe this one has new drinks. One of the gurus not Graham said their juices.