Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited December 2016
    This is how I know you don't even play Sims 4 as Cool Kitchen didn't come with a dishwasher (well it did but dishwashers were patched in)

Or it's evidence I wasn't actively playing at the time of Cool Kitchen stuff's release, thus I misremembered. Speaking honestly, I didn't even buy Sims 4. A friend bought it for me while insisting I'd like it once I tried it. Feel guilty because I feel like their money was wasted.

Moreover, I love how this community clings to it's logical fallacies and repeatedly tries to insist all critics do not play the game, which even if that were true, would not negate any criticism voiced.

Speaking of logical fallacies:
    It came with an ice-cream maker. How Is that any different than the store selling the ice-cream maker for 5 dollars?

Perhaps you will recall that leading up to CL release, people compared it to Late Night and repeatedly tried to state Late Night was not a good expansion, despite how well received it was. Thing is I'd agree because Late Night lacked content, it was Bridgeport people loved.....but this does not change or negate criticism of CL. Highlighting flaws of past iterations does nothing to address problems we have today. This is like if tomorrow Obama were criticized for making a bad decision and his response was "yeah guys but remember back when we had a monarchy? That was awful, so you should be grateful for me and my terrible decisions." The criticism stands and remains 100% valid.

Exact same concept with the Sims 3 store. Sims 3 store was terrible. Everyone agrees. Heck, I challenge you to find one user that enjoyed it and purchased everything it offered with actual money.

...But the Sims 3 store being terrible and overpriced does not mean Cool Kitchen stuff is not terrible and overpriced. Both are entirely capable of being terrible and overpriced. If you want to have a competition of which is worse, I really don't care, because winning that competition and being the less-terrible one doesn't automatically make it good.
    The ice-cream maker in Sims 3 had about 5 flavors. Sims 4 has about 20 and some with gameplay changes. Every flavor could be made into a cup OR cone. Each flavor could also have 1 of 7 garnishes AND 1 of 7 toppings like syrup peppermint etc.

This is my response: I don't care. Heck, I had no idea Sims 3 had an ice cream maker at all. You could give me 400 flavors and it wouldn't matter unless those flavors have meaningful gameplay tied to them. They don't. (and no, the flavors with minor effects are gimmicky at best, not full-on features)

I do not play this game to have the most ice cream flavors, I do not play this game to have a wide variety of cultural cuisine. I don't know who the Foodie is on the Sims staff, but quite frankly I find their obsession with food incredibly dull for the game. I want gameplay, not "oh look today my Sim can eat tacos and tomorrow they can eat SUSHI! SO EXCITING!!!" No, eating strawberry icecream with peppermint syrup on it isn't thrilling gameplay either.
    You just admitted you don't know how much stuff came in stuff packs. I've done comparison, they come with the same amount of items generally PLUS gAmeplay for HALF the price.

So a terrible concept most people hated became slightly less terrible, but it's still an issue. As I said: Sims 3's counterpart being bad or worse =/= this one is suddenly good. I would absolutely prefer more development time go into expansions, but instead the developers divert sooooooo many resources towards these stuff packs that we now get half the expansions we once got. It's still awful, I'm still not satisfied, I'm still not purchasing these.
    Your excuse is terrible that they noticed stuff packs weren't selling so they decided to hold content hostage. People didn't buy stuff packs because they were rip offs with no gAmeplay and CC could easily replace them.

So they IMPROVED them so they would sell. You act like improving a product nobody is buying is horrible. They're a business.

Except that they IMPROVED stuff packs and let Expansion packs get worse. That is not improvement in the sense that they're working harder or using resources more wisely or addressing customer concerns. That is improvement in the sense that more time and effort is being put into making stuff packs while LESS time and effort is being put into expansions. The only thing that's a strict improvement is the price, but as I said, I'm betting it's still a net gain compared to their old system.

What is stopping them from, for example, releasing the stuff packs as-is, but moving the meaningful objects to expansions...? The fact that their current method rakes in more cash, that's what.
    It doesn't matter what Sims 4 does, you'll criticize it either way. They could release free toddlers that have more content than Sims 2 and 3 combined and you'd still critique it.

How about you focus on trying to discredit my arguments instead of discrediting me as a person?

Stuff packs divert resources away from Expansions.
    This is bad. There's really no arguing this. The team only has so much time, money and resources, and every moment of development spent on a stuff pack is a moment not spent on an expansion. When we're to the point that Sims 4 is going to absolutely shatter the record for most stuff packs amongst the franchise, but it's going to struggle to beat even Sims 1 in terms of expansion count...? Yeah, there's a problem. This is not management of time and resources that I'd like to see. I'm sure they profit plenty, but I don't get a whole lot of fun from tiny packs with one new object or so. I get fun from meaningful expansions, which we're both not getting and we're getting fewer expansions.
    Sorry if this is a tad mean but why are you even criticizing the game if you don't even play it. I mean it would be one thing if you played it and found that as your observation that SP are diverting away EP but I think they are their answer to store content and I happen to like SP. Not everyone is going to find everything put out to their taste and they don't have to buy it if they don't want it. But you seem to criticize the people how are enjoying the game and the content.

Post edited by pepperjax1230 on
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I like the globe and the make up animation but kinda worried we won't get newspapers and vintage phones

It feels weird for folks to have cellphones all the time
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited December 2016
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    This is how I know you don't even play Sims 4 as Cool Kitchen didn't come with a dishwasher (well it did but dishwashers were patched in)

Or it's evidence I wasn't actively playing at the time of Cool Kitchen stuff's release, thus I misremembered. Speaking honestly, I didn't even buy Sims 4. A friend bought it for me while insisting I'd like it once I tried it. Feel guilty because I feel like their money was wasted.

Moreover, I love how this community clings to it's logical fallacies and repeatedly tries to insist all critics do not play the game, which even if that were true, would not negate any criticism voiced.

It came with an ice-cream maker. How Is that any different than the store selling the ice-cream maker for 5 dollars?

Perhaps you will recall that leading up to CL release, people compared it to Late Night and repeatedly tried to state Late Night was not a good expansion, despite how well received it was. Thing is I'd agree because Late Night lacked content, it was Bridgeport people loved.....but this does not change or negate criticism of CL. Highlighting flaws of past iterations does nothing to address problems we have today. This is like if tomorrow Obama were criticized for making a bad decision and his response was "yeah guys but remember back when we had a monarchy? That was awful, so you should be grateful for me and my terrible decisions." The criticism stands and remains 100% valid.

Exact same concept with the Sims 3 store. Sims 3 store was terrible. Everyone agrees. Heck, I challenge you to find one user that enjoyed it and purchased everything it offered with actual money.

...But the Sims 3 store being terrible and overpriced does not mean Cool Kitchen stuff is not terrible and overpriced. Both are entirely capable of being terrible and overpriced. If you want to have a competition of which is worse, I really don't care, because winning that competition and being the less-terrible one doesn't automatically make it good.
    The ice-cream maker in Sims 3 had about 5 flavors. Sims 4 has about 20 and some with gameplay changes. Every flavor could be made into a cup OR cone. Each flavor could also have 1 of 7 garnishes AND 1 of 7 toppings like syrup peppermint etc.

This is my response: I don't care. Heck, I had no idea Sims 3 had an ice cream maker at all. You could give me 400 flavors and it wouldn't matter unless those flavors have meaningful gameplay tied to them. They don't. (and no, the flavors with minor effects are gimmicky at best, not full-on features)

I do not play this game to have the most ice cream flavors, I do not play this game to have a wide variety of cultural cuisine. I don't know who the Foodie is on the Sims staff, but quite frankly I find their obsession with food incredibly dull for the game. I want gameplay, not "oh look today my Sim can eat tacos and tomorrow they can eat SUSHI! SO EXCITING!!!" No, eating strawberry icecream with peppermint syrup on it isn't thrilling gameplay either.
    You just admitted you don't know how much stuff came in stuff packs. I've done comparison, they come with the same amount of items generally PLUS gAmeplay for HALF the price.

So a terrible concept most people hated became slightly less terrible, but it's still an issue. As I said: Sims 3's counterpart being bad or worse =/= this one is suddenly good. I would absolutely prefer more development time go into expansions, but instead the developers divert sooooooo many resources towards these stuff packs that we now get half the expansions we once got. It's still awful, I'm still not satisfied, I'm still not purchasing these.
    Your excuse is terrible that they noticed stuff packs weren't selling so they decided to hold content hostage. People didn't buy stuff packs because they were rip offs with no gAmeplay and CC could easily replace them.

So they IMPROVED them so they would sell. You act like improving a product nobody is buying is horrible. They're a business.

Except that they IMPROVED stuff packs and let Expansion packs get worse. That is not improvement in the sense that they're working harder or using resources more wisely or addressing customer concerns. That is improvement in the sense that more time and effort is being put into making stuff packs while LESS time and effort is being put into expansions. The only thing that's a strict improvement is the price, but as I said, I'm betting it's still a net gain compared to their old system.

What is stopping them from, for example, releasing the stuff packs as-is, but moving the meaningful objects to expansions...? The fact that their current method rakes in more cash, that's what.
    It doesn't matter what Sims 4 does, you'll criticize it either way. They could release free toddlers that have more content than Sims 2 and 3 combined and you'd still critique it.

How about you focus on trying to discredit my arguments instead of discrediting me as a person?

This is bad. There's really no arguing this. The team only has so much time, money and resources, and every moment of development spent on a stuff pack is a moment not spent on an expansion. When we're to the point that Sims 4 is going to absolutely shatter the record for most stuff packs amongst the franchise, but it's going to struggle to beat even Sims 1 in terms of expansion count...? Yeah, there's a problem. This is not management of time and resources that I'd like to see. I'm sure they profit plenty, but I don't get a whole lot of fun from tiny packs with one new object or so. I get fun from meaningful expansions, which we're both not getting and we're getting fewer expansions.
    Where are you getting this absurd information? They don't divert EP it's extra content you can choose to buy it or not but SP are awesome they add more to the game and are focused on one theme.

Butler came with Late Night. Where is the butler in City Living? Oh, it's in the $9.99 stuff pack released a month later ...

It's absurd that some of you cannot see what is right in front of you. EPs are being stripped of content to be sold piecemeal in stuff packs.

You know what's absurd? Someone who tries to force their point of view on to others while making a concerted effort to somehow prove how those of us who do enjoy these SP's are wrong for it.

You seem to feel very strongly about this, and that's ok. You have every right to feel how you do, but what you don't have a right to do is to force your opinion as fact.

Many of us enjoy these Sp's. You will have to learn to get over it.

Happy simming ;)

I haven't tried to force my view on anyone, I've simply stated it like you have. I haven't made any attempt whatsoever to prove that it is wrong to enjoy SPs, I have just said that they are not cheap as people make out. I never mentioned or discussed enjoyment in any of my posts, you've made that assumption yourself.

These rip off SPs do not cause me to feel an emotion response, therefore I have nothing to "get over." I think they are overpriced and contain content that should be in EPs. If you're happy with this new way of selling traditional sims content piecemeal good for you. It's your money and I would never tell you how to spend it.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member

Where are you getting this absurd information? They don't divert EP it's extra content you can choose to buy it or not but SP are awesome they add more to the game and are focused on one theme.

Butler came with Late Night. Where is the butler in City Living? Oh, it's in the $9.99 stuff pack released a month later ...

It's absurd that some of you cannot see what is right in front of you. EPs are being stripped of content to be sold piecemeal in stuff packs.

You know what's absurd? Someone who tries to force their point of view on to others while making a concerted effort to somehow prove how those of us who do enjoy these SP's are wrong for it.

You seem to feel very strongly about this, and that's ok. You have every right to feel how you do, but what you don't have a right to do is to force your opinion as fact.

Happy simming ;)

I haven't tried to force my view on anyone, I've simply stated it like you have. I haven't made any attempt whatsoever to prove that it is wrong to enjoy SPs, I have just said that they are not cheap as people make out. I never mentioned or discussed enjoyment in any of my posts, you've made that assumption yourself.

I don't need to get over anything as these rip off SPs do not cause me to feel an emotion response, therefore I have nothing to "get over." I think they are overpriced and contain content that should be in EPs. If you're happy with this new way of selling traditional sims content piecemeal good for you.

Definition of absurd:

(of an idea or suggestion) wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate.
    "the allegations are patently absurd"

synonyms: preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible, idiotic, stupid, foolish, silly, inane, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, insane, harebrained, cockamamie; More
    unreasonable, irrational, illogical, nonsensical, incongruous, pointless, senseless;

informalcrazy, daft

You used an adjective that is forceful. Therefore, you were forcing your opinion.

And yes, it is very "good for me" and to others that like these SP's. Come next Tuesday I will be paying the nominal $10 for this pack that looks fantastic and I know I will enjoy thoroughly. :)

• Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited December 2016

Happy simming ;)

I don't need to get over anything as these rip off SPs do not cause me to feel an emotion response, therefore I have nothing to "get over." I think they are overpriced and contain content that should be in EPs. If you're happy with this new way of selling traditional sims content piecemeal good for you.

Definition of absurd:

synonyms: preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible, plum, plum, foolish, silly, inane, plum, insane, harebrained, cockamamie; More
    unreasonable, irrational, illogical, nonsensical, incongruous, pointless, senseless;

informalcrazy, daft

You used an adjective that is forceful. Therefore, you were forcing your opinion.

And yes, it is very "good for me" and to others that like these SP's. Come next Tuesday I will be paying the nominal $10 for this pack that looks fantastic and I know I will enjoy thoroughly. :)

Please show me where I said it is absurd to purchase this SP or made any judgement about someone buying it?

Some people have been saying that they prefer the SP model of The Sims 4 because they believe it to be better value for money than The Sims 3 Store. I stated that I think it is absurd that people cannot see that no, this new SP model is not cheaper because, unlike The Sims 3 Store, these SPs regularly contain content that previously came clumped together in EPs. For example, the last city themed EP we got came with more content than City Living, had a new life state, and made additions to sim A.I. with the celebrity system. It also had came with butlers. All for $39.99.

If you want the equivalent in 4 you have to pay an additional $9.99.

My opinion is that they are selling content piecemeal to make more money.

That was the opinion I gave. I gave no opinion about the people who decide to purchase SPs. How can I criticise anyone for purchasing content for this game after I bought City Living on sale and then felt silly for doing so because it was worse than I expected it to be?

And I used the word absurd because the person I was replying to used it in response to another poster. Are you nit picking at them for using that word no? Why? Oh, shock horror because you agree with them so they can use a word you deem to be forceful and it is okay.
  • Options
    TaranTaran Posts: 167 Member
    Not bad, not bad. Better than what I had expected. This isn't what players need or wanted though.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Taran wrote: »
    Not bad, not bad. Better than what I had expected. This isn't what players need or wanted though.

I wanted it. At least the vanity. Posted a request in ideas and feedback over a year ago.
  • Options
    TaranTaran Posts: 167 Member

I wanted it. At least the vanity. Posted a request in ideas and feedback over a year ago.

Uh I should of said some players. I actually loved it when the children can do their own make up and make it messy.
  • Options

Happy simming ;)

Definition of absurd:

synonyms: preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible, plum, plum, foolish, silly, inane, plum, insane, harebrained, cockamamie; More

informalcrazy, daft

Please show me where I said it is absurd to purchase this SP or made any judgement about someone buying it?

Some people have been saying that they prefer the SP model of The Sims 4 because they believe it to be better value for money than The Sims 3 Store. I stated that I think it is absurd that people cannot see that no, this new SP model is not cheaper because, unlike The Sims 3 Store, these SPs regularly contain content that previously came clumped together in EPs. For example, the last city themed EP we got came with more content than City Living, had a new life state, and made additions to sim A.I. with the celebrity system. It also had came with butlers. All for $39.99.

If you want the equivalent in 4 you have to pay an additional $9.99.

My opinion is that they are selling content piecemeal to make more money.

That was the opinion I gave. I gave no opinion about the people who decide to purchase SPs. How can I criticise anyone for purchasing content for this game after I bought City Living on sale and then felt silly for doing so because it was worse than I expected it to be?

And I used the word absurd because the person I was replying to used it in response to another poster. Are you nit picking at them for using that word no? Why? Oh, shock horror because you agree with them so they can use a word you deem to be forceful and it is okay.

This is what you said, "It's absurd that some of you cannot see what is right in front of you." To me this sounds very presumptuous. As if those of us who do like these packs and buy them are somehow blind the truths that are perceivable to you and those who think as you do. If it was not how you meant it, then ok. We can chuck it up to a misunderstanding.

The reason I prefer TS4's Sp model to TS3's store and Sp's is because the store, I felt was pretty expensive. There were sets I really wanted, but didn't get because I was not going to pay what? 20 bucks so my sims can run a bakery. The Sp for 3 were not my cup of tea because it was just stuff, no gameplay. Whereas, in TS4 the packs are 10 bucks and add stuff and gameplay objects. And yes, I understand the arguments that some of these things were included in EPs in previous games, but this is not previous games and things are subject to change. And I just have to mention that the AI they added with the celebrity system in 3 was awful. I hated it with a passion. Thankfully I'm happy with the change.

Thus far, if my math is correct I've paid a total of $330 for Sims 4, including the pack I'm about to buy next week. Yes, I've bought it all. I've also played the game, according to Origin for 750 hours. Lets subtract 250 hours for times I've paused the game. That leaves me with 500 hours of game time. Now divide $330 by 500 hours and I get $0.66. That's 66 cents per hour of enjoyment. That to me is a steal. That works out to be cheaper then a lot of entertainment options out there. While I understand that the game has been design to sell us less for more, overall it is still a good deal. And at the end of the day, things go up in price. Very rarely do they go down. So this business model should not come as surprise to anyone. Especially considering that games are an optional form of entertainment and certainly not a necessity or something anyone is entitled to.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I wanted the vanities, new beds, globe bar, vintage clothes and hair and most importantly, the butler. All the other stuff, I like too. From the response it's getting, a lot of people want this pack.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Well, that's the beauty of the setup. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Yeah except they dedicate people to working on stuff I don't want and not working on stuff I do want. So that's the problem there. I can't just go get the GP that I want because they don't have it out. If you dedicate a team to working on 394849384934 stuff packs a year, that's wasted resources that could go to making GPs and EPs even better which imo this game lacks. We aren't hurting for high end luxury stuff. We are hurting for actual gameplay.

Speak for yourself, I have lots and lots of game play for my stories. Maybe you should define what "game play" you are after. That would be more helpful for the Maxis team.

• Options
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    Another uninteresting thing. Bah. I will be very surprised if this iteration will make something vaguely interesting. Or something asked by the fans. :|

I'm a fan (along with many others that you are choosing to overlook) and they have made lots of things that I like. I am having a great time and this is my favorite sims game.

• Options
    Am I the only one on here excited about the new classic tv channel?

No you are not! I am excited. I love for my sims to have variety.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Sorry if this is a tad mean but why are you even criticizing the game if you don't even play it. I mean it would be one thing if you played it and found that as your observation that SP are diverting away SP but I think they are their answer to store content and I happen to like SP. Not everyone is going to find everything put out to their taste and they don't have to buy it if they don't want it. But you seem to criticize the people how are enjoying the game and the content.

Holy crap r we srs right now

I do play it. I just got done saying how ridiculous it is to try to discredit someone by trying to claim they don't even play, let alone how worthless that is because I fully believe someone that doesn't play can still give valid criticism and feedback just by watching Let's Plays and spotting problems.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

Well then, wasn't the store which released sets every month diverting resources away from EPs then? And the SPs then should've done that too, considering that they were being worked on as well. And you're completely forgetting the fact that it's not the entire team splitting their attention beween 8 different projects at once. It is literally a separate team, completely set apart from the EP team, with it's own personal resources and time, which wouldn't take away from the EP. The projects are worked on concurrently, not one at a time, do it as you go type stuff.

Indeed, it was. And as I covered in my post, highlighting flaws with Sims 3 does not solve the problems of Sims 4. This is not a competition to be the least terrible; references to Sims 3 are largely done to highlight "this can be accomplished and Sims 3 is proof." When Sims 3 does terrible however, that doesn't mean Sims 4 has permission to do terrible too.

And while the Sims 3 store was diverting resources away from EPs and I would've been happier if, for example, the entire store team was rediverted to bug fixing instead, the store was never so detrimental that the EP release rate was suddenly cut in half.

That it's a seperate team is entirely irrelevant. If that team was not assigned to churn out a Stuff pack every ~3 months, then they could instead churn out a gamepack or an expansion every 6, or speed up the progress of the existing teams so that an Expansion releases every 8 months instead of every year. The point is that employees themselves are a resource, and when you have them assigned to stuff packs, that's an employee not using their talent on something more meaningful.

Yes, Stuff packs have existed since Sims 2, but as I stated, if the Sims team decides to do an expansion every 6 months and a stuff pack every 6 months...? I'd prefer no stuff packs, but so be it, obviously some people like them. However, when the Stuff packs are drastically increasing in production speed whilst Expansion packs are twice as slow...? Heck yes I'm gonna complain, because it's obvious their management is focused on all the things I hate and they're actively choosing a plan I'm confident the majority of Simmers disagree with. This is not the management of time and of resources that I'd like to see.
  • Options

The bottom line here is that you are resentful of the fact that everyone doesn't agree with you and are trying to blame those of us that are happy for your disappointment. I'm sorry but your disappointment in not getting what you want is your own problem and not mine or anyone else. And no matter how much time you put into these long posts, you are not changing anyone's mind. You can preach to your own choir all you want, but that isn't getting you anywhere either.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Mendota wrote: »
    The bottom line here is that you are resentful of the fact that everyone doesn't agree with you and are trying to blame those of us that are happy for your disappointment. I'm sorry but your disappointment in not getting what you want is your own problem and not mine or anyone else. And no matter how much time you put into these long posts, you are not changing anyone's mind. You can preach to your own choir all you want, but that isn't getting you anywhere either.

I'm sorry but I've gotta be frank and say this is the most ridiculous, non-productive outlook on the discussion I've seen. You both assume the worst of someone who thinks differently than you, and you even paint yourself in a bad light with the line "and you are trying to blame those of us that are happy for your disappointment."

Really? You're so petty you're getting Schadenfreude because I'm not satisfied with what I see...? Those are your words, not mine, and that's not something you should be proud of at all. I don't think you're that petty, and no, I'm not as petty as you seem to picture me, either.

I think you'd find the discussion can get a lot further and get a lot more done if you assume the best from anyone that disagrees with you, and that despite all disagreements, basically everyone here wants the best for the Sims franchise, they just don't always show the same methods or suggestions to show it.
  • Options
    This thread is getting boring. Please stop and stay on point so this threads doesn't get closed. If you want to continue to argue, do it with PM's.
  • Options

I'm sorry but I've gotta be frank and say this is the most ridiculous, non-productive outlook on the discussion I've seen. You both assume the worst of someone who thinks differently than you, and you even paint yourself in a bad light with the line "and you are trying to blame those of us that are happy for your disappointment."

Really? You're so petty you're getting Schadenfreude because I'm not satisfied with what I see...? Those are your words, not mine, and that's not something you should be proud of at all. I don't think you're that petty, and no, I'm not as petty as you seem to picture me, either.

I think you'd find the discussion can get a lot further and get a lot more done if you assume the best from anyone that disagrees with you, and that despite all disagreements, basically everyone here wants the best for the Sims franchise, they just don't always show the same methods or suggestions to show it.

All of your posts speak for themselves. And any opinion I have of you is based on that. I have no idea what you are like as a person, so I don't think good or bad of you. I am simply responding to your actions and post on this forum. But as someone said, this is off topic. Yes I am looking forward to the new stuff pack. I play a variety of stories and this will fit very well with some of them.

• Options

All of your posts speak for themselves. And any opinion I have of you is based on that. I have no idea what you are like as a person, so I don't think good or bad of you. I am simply responding to your actions and post on this forum. But as someone said, this is off topic. Yes I am looking forward to the new stuff pack. I play a variety of stories and this will fit very well with some of them.

About the only thing there is to be "resentful" of would be the automatic, knee-jerk reaction hostility to anyone that isn't praising every little thing that's released, though resentful to me is a strong word as to me it implies bitterness or a grudge of some kind. I simply wish the community were more open to critique and discussion instead of constant attacks on one's own person as an attempt to discredit the person behind the argument, not the argument itself. I mean I've been replied to multiple times for that big post I made, and only about two of those even attempted to state my claims were wrong in some way while the rest more or less say "if you don't like it then get out."
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Happy simming ;)

Definition of absurd:

informalcrazy, daft

Forceful may be an adjective, but an adjective isn't forceful; an adjective is descriptive.

And of course we share our opinions in the attempt to coerce one another into our thought circles, by simply replying you are trying to "force" your point of view on another person... perhaps not intentionally, but just because you--like everyone else--here is a social animal. We want agreement and cohesion.

That said, no one is trying to get you to stop enjoying your game... they just want you to understand their point of view, to sympathise with their dissatisfaction. You don't have to do this of course, but there is nothing wrong with trying to get you to see things the way others do. If it bothers you, just say "No" (since we don't have a useful disagree button any more) and move along.

And for the record, I think it's great that you're going to enjoy the SP. It looks like a good deal to me. I'm not buying it, because of the lipstick on a pig issue... :unamused:
  • Options
    Come on guys. Get room already.
  • Options

Happy simming ;)

Definition of absurd:

informalcrazy, daft

Forceful may be an adjective, but an adjective isn't forceful; an adjective is descriptive.

And of course we share our opinions in the attempt to coerce one another into our thought circles, by simply replying you are trying to "force" your point of view on another person... perhaps not intentionally, but just because you--like everyone else--here is a social animal. We want agreement and cohesion.

That said, no one is trying to get you to stop enjoying your game... they just want you to understand their point of view, to sympathise with their dissatisfaction. You don't have to do this of course, but there is nothing wrong with trying to get you to see things the way others do. If it bothers you, just say "No" (since we don't have a useful disagree button any more) and move along.

And for the record, I think it's great that you're going to enjoy the SP. It looks like a good deal to me. I'm not buying it, because of the lipstick on a pig issue... :unamused:

Hmm, sorry, but I do disagree with the bolded. It is not entirely necessary or true that stating and opinion=anyone trying to force a point of view. One can state and opinion in the hopes of sharing an opposing view and do so without the need to persuade others to another line of thinking. I mostly view posts here as opinions and not facts and this is great because it's nice to know how others feel about the game.

I've never and will never feel anyone is purposely trying to detract from my enjoyment of the game, I have way too strong of personality for that. I like what I like and I do not require others to agree with what I like in order to somehow justify it. That being said, I may not always agree with an opinion here, but I do "understand" why some are very dissatisfied. Truth be told, I do enjoy this game, but I do have my grievances with it. I'm not blind to the games faults, but I can find entrainment in it.

Thank you Nanashi, I am very much looking for the SP. The funny part is I've never been a fan of vintage style stuff in the past, but this one looks awesome.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Well, let's just agree to disagree then, so we can stay on topic :smile:

I think this SP should have newspapers, that would make it the best stuff pack ever :joy:

Under the rare chance that EA actually put toddlers back in the game, it would be on my limited SP to buy backlog list--especially if it turns out the butler NPC is useful rather than the useless NPC that he is in TS2 :confounded:

No I agree, it looks like a great pack. I haven't seen an SP to date that didn't look like it would appeal to players who were keen enough to buy it.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't like to complain really but we had this in Sims 3 maybe not exactly the same but the clock on the wall looks like what we got in Sims 3. I like the new pack though because of all the objects and clothes. I do wish that people who work on Sims 4 would try and come up with something different instead of making the same thing that we had in Sims 3.