Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF

Comments

• Options
    TxrdlyPxxpTxrdlyPxxp Posts: 130 Member
    I just came in here to say how much I can't wait for a butler and a bell to ring. But now I feel like I stepped in dog poo. :astonished: Maybe I should baaaack awaaay slooooowly.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    honestly we got more than enough vintage ,classic stuff in the base-game and get togehter already so we dont need this pack as of now but the new game play items look cool but honestly i dont see my self using these stuff anytime soon but there is that one couch at 0:37 that is like fablous and that sun clock and that rug but the rest seems useless and ugly to me!
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Well, let's just agree to disagree then, so we can stay on topic :smile:

I think this SP should have newspapers, that would make it the best stuff pack ever :joy:

Under the rare chance that EA actually put toddlers back in the game, it would be on my limited SP to buy backlog list--especially if it turns out the butler NPC is useful rather than the useless NPC that he is in TS2 :confounded:

No I agree, it looks like a great pack. I haven't seen an SP to date that didn't look like it would appeal to players who were keen enough to buy it.

I think this SP should have newspapers, that would make it the best stuff pack ever :joy:

Under the rare chance that EA actually put toddlers back in the game, it would be on my limited SP to buy backlog list--especially if it turns out the butler NPC is useful rather than the useless NPC that he is in TS2 :confounded:

No I agree, it looks like a great pack. I haven't seen an SP to date that didn't look like it would appeal to players who were keen enough to buy it.

Agreed! ;)

And like you, I'm just hoping and praying that we get toddlers. I NEED them. And yes I'm also hoping the butler IS useful this time around. What I'm really looking forward to is that vanity. We've had them before, but never with the animations. I have a couple I'm holding back on marrying because I want that vanity to take pictures of her getting ready for her big day while her mom stands behind her. Lol, silly I know.

Hopefully if toddlers make it back you can get these sp's! I look forward to asking you about your gameplay then.
  • Options
    TxrdlyPxxpTxrdlyPxxp Posts: 130 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    honestly we got more than enough vintage ,classic stuff in the base-game and get togehter already so we dont need this pack as of now but the new game play items look cool but honestly i dont see my self using these stuff anytime soon but there is that one couch at 0:37 that is like fablous and that sun clock and that rug but the rest seems useless and ugly to me!

I adore vintage and traditional homes, and abhor modern/contemporary design. It's all a matter of what you value. And that butler. :love:

I agree with you about the couch, clock, and rug. But I disagree about the rest! I find it interesting how so many people value things differently. I imagine as a company, like EA, pleasing everyone is stressful and impossible.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The vanity could be great for using when the teen daughter goes on her first big date, with Mom standing near by watching the little girl that once played at that vanity, now all grown up and using it for her first date.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    awesome!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    This is how I know you don't even play Sims 4 as Cool Kitchen didn't come with a dishwasher (well it did but dishwashers were patched in)

Or it's evidence I wasn't actively playing at the time of Cool Kitchen stuff's release, thus I misremembered. Speaking honestly, I didn't even buy Sims 4. A friend bought it for me while insisting I'd like it once I tried it. Feel guilty because I feel like their money was wasted.

Moreover, I love how this community clings to it's logical fallacies and repeatedly tries to insist all critics do not play the game, which even if that were true, would not negate any criticism voiced.

Speaking of logical fallacies:
    It came with an ice-cream maker. How Is that any different than the store selling the ice-cream maker for 5 dollars?

Perhaps you will recall that leading up to CL release, people compared it to Late Night and repeatedly tried to state Late Night was not a good expansion, despite how well received it was. Thing is I'd agree because Late Night lacked content, it was Bridgeport people loved.....but this does not change or negate criticism of CL. Highlighting flaws of past iterations does nothing to address problems we have today. This is like if tomorrow Obama were criticized for making a bad decision and his response was "yeah guys but remember back when we had a monarchy? That was awful, so you should be grateful for me and my terrible decisions." The criticism stands and remains 100% valid.

Exact same concept with the Sims 3 store. Sims 3 store was terrible. Everyone agrees. Heck, I challenge you to find one user that enjoyed it and purchased everything it offered with actual money.

...But the Sims 3 store being terrible and overpriced does not mean Cool Kitchen stuff is not terrible and overpriced. Both are entirely capable of being terrible and overpriced. If you want to have a competition of which is worse, I really don't care, because winning that competition and being the less-terrible one doesn't automatically make it good.
    The ice-cream maker in Sims 3 had about 5 flavors. Sims 4 has about 20 and some with gameplay changes. Every flavor could be made into a cup OR cone. Each flavor could also have 1 of 7 garnishes AND 1 of 7 toppings like syrup peppermint etc.

This is my response: I don't care. Heck, I had no idea Sims 3 had an ice cream maker at all. You could give me 400 flavors and it wouldn't matter unless those flavors have meaningful gameplay tied to them. They don't. (and no, the flavors with minor effects are gimmicky at best, not full-on features)

I do not play this game to have the most ice cream flavors, I do not play this game to have a wide variety of cultural cuisine. I don't know who the Foodie is on the Sims staff, but quite frankly I find their obsession with food incredibly dull for the game. I want gameplay, not "oh look today my Sim can eat tacos and tomorrow they can eat SUSHI! SO EXCITING!!!" No, eating strawberry icecream with peppermint syrup on it isn't thrilling gameplay either.
    You just admitted you don't know how much stuff came in stuff packs. I've done comparison, they come with the same amount of items generally PLUS gAmeplay for HALF the price.

So a terrible concept most people hated became slightly less terrible, but it's still an issue. As I said: Sims 3's counterpart being bad or worse =/= this one is suddenly good. I would absolutely prefer more development time go into expansions, but instead the developers divert sooooooo many resources towards these stuff packs that we now get half the expansions we once got. It's still awful, I'm still not satisfied, I'm still not purchasing these.
    Your excuse is terrible that they noticed stuff packs weren't selling so they decided to hold content hostage. People didn't buy stuff packs because they were rip offs with no gAmeplay and CC could easily replace them.

So they IMPROVED them so they would sell. You act like improving a product nobody is buying is horrible. They're a business.

Except that they IMPROVED stuff packs and let Expansion packs get worse. That is not improvement in the sense that they're working harder or using resources more wisely or addressing customer concerns. That is improvement in the sense that more time and effort is being put into making stuff packs while LESS time and effort is being put into expansions. The only thing that's a strict improvement is the price, but as I said, I'm betting it's still a net gain compared to their old system.

What is stopping them from, for example, releasing the stuff packs as-is, but moving the meaningful objects to expansions...? The fact that their current method rakes in more cash, that's what.
    It doesn't matter what Sims 4 does, you'll criticize it either way. They could release free toddlers that have more content than Sims 2 and 3 combined and you'd still critique it.

How about you focus on trying to discredit my arguments instead of discrediting me as a person?

Stuff packs divert resources away from Expansions.
    This is bad. There's really no arguing this. The team only has so much time, money and resources, and every moment of development spent on a stuff pack is a moment not spent on an expansion. When we're to the point that Sims 4 is going to absolutely shatter the record for most stuff packs amongst the franchise, but it's going to struggle to beat even Sims 1 in terms of expansion count...? Yeah, there's a problem. This is not management of time and resources that I'd like to see. I'm sure they profit plenty, but I don't get a whole lot of fun from tiny packs with one new object or so. I get fun from meaningful expansions, which we're both not getting and we're getting fewer expansions.
    Sorry if this is a tad mean but why are you even criticizing the game if you don't even play it. I mean it would be one thing if you played it and found that as your observation that SP are diverting away SP but I think they are their answer to store content and I happen to like SP. Not everyone is going to find everything put out to their taste and they don't have to buy it if they don't want it. But you seem to criticize the people how are enjoying the game and the content.

Holy plum r we srs right now

I do play it. I just got done saying how ridiculous it is to try to discredit someone by trying to claim they don't even play, let alone how worthless that is because I fully believe someone that doesn't play can still give valid criticism and feedback just by watching Let's Plays and spotting problems.
    Can you speak to me like a respectable person I am not disrespecting you. And short cutting words really are we 5 here? Regardless is if this is the internet that isn't appropriate to assume we can all read your shortcut words As for the game you can't go and make these absurd accusations about the game based on nothing and expect everyone to agree with you. We are all looking forward to the SP if you aren't and have to convince those that are interested in not buying it don't bother. We all can make up our own minds whether to buy it or not because its our own money so you have no say what others do.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well i don't know if i really want to but it. Thats all and hello guys :smiley:
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The vanity could be great for using when the teen daughter goes on her first big date, with Mom standing near by watching the little girl that once played at that vanity, now all grown up and using it for her first date.

Sniff sniff hallmark moment
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »

Agreed! ;)

And like you, I'm just hoping and praying that we get toddlers. I NEED them. And yes I'm also hoping the butler IS useful this time around. What I'm really looking forward to is that vanity. We've had them before, but never with the animations. I have a couple I'm holding back on marrying because I want that vanity to take pictures of her getting ready for her big day while her mom stands behind her. Lol, silly I know.

Hopefully if toddlers make it back you can get these sp's! I look forward to asking you about your gameplay then.

Again a hallmark moment sniff sniff
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Personally, I don't feel that stuff packs are rip offs or over-priced at $9.99. That's my opinion. I like what this stuff pack has to offer and will be getting it for my game. I like vintage things.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Wait is there a classic TV channel? :smiley:

I won't buy it now, because I'm waiting for an EP or GP that will really change the game for me. But I can definitely see myself buying this later!
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    "If you dont like it don't buy it!"

Same people later: "Why you criticizing something you don't own?"
  • Options

Its because they have nothing better to do then criticize about things they don't experience for themselves. Its like people making reviews because they played the demo which you can only play a day. Does that give you enough time to experience anything good about the game no I don't think so.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Its because they have nothing better to do then criticize about things they don't experience for themselves. Its like people making reviews because they played the demo which you can only play a day. Does that give you enough time to experience anything good about the game no I don't think so.

I think my point went right over your head.
  • Options

I think my point went right over your head.
    It didn't I got it if they don't like it then don't buy it but don't criticize something you don't own.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Never mind.

Like talking to a wall.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    *gets popcorn*
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    edited December 2016
    I think this SP feels more like a GP.
    I'm a veteran player since 2000 and I definitely love S4's art style best. I know it's unusual here but I really enjoy what gurus & EA are doing with the franchise. I'm impressed by what they're doing with SP's too. The VGS seems better at so many levels than the first SP's (more stuff, more game play etc.).

In brief; here's one happy Simmer, waiting impatiently for the new SP!

(ps.: Yes, I'm impatiently waiting for toddlers too :relieved: )
  • Options
    *gets popcorn*
    I will join you because I don't get what I said. :/

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

Never mind.

Like talking to a wall.

Your comment made no sense. Elaborate please.

If someone doesn't own a game I could care less what they have to say about it. Their point of view is null and void in my eyes. It's like me complaining about Europe when I've never been there.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    *refills popcorn bowl*
  • Options
    *refills popcorn bowl*
    *Joins and passes the cheese for the popcorn*

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited December 2016

I totally agree. There's no winning sometimes. ;)

Some people just want everyone that don't agree with them to be quiet and to let them live in a bubble of rainbows and sunshine.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    *gets popcorn*

I wanted an LOL button. Check my avi. This wasn't an unintentional pic. I bring popcorn to every thread since it's needed so often, unfortunately.