Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited November 2016
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    more partying, boring

Not really, it's high end living, which we don't really have much of at the moment.

To some people anything without toddlers is party.
    Post edited by Zeldaboy180 on
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    So excited! I've been missing butlers. Looks like that makeup opacity leak was real since one object is a vanity.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited November 2016
    pandie00 wrote: »
    Ohh I love the butler!!! The only thing that i am afraid of is the make up... I saw in a leak that shows a opacity slider... I hope it doesnt break my cc :/

Opacity Slider Pic was a fake. Graham confirmed today.

1. such a slider would have broken all make up cc for certain
    2. i was concerned for a sec TS4 could add what's missing :lol:
    so thanx for the info

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Mandi2468Mandi2468 Posts: 18 New Member
    Yes, NPC living with me?
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited November 2016
    I've been anticipating this since the teaser. I can't wait. I love the clothes and I have a billionaire sim living in Myshuno that needs a butler- lol.
    Post edited by Renamed2002180839 on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited November 2016
    So excited! I've been missing butlers. Looks like that makeup opacity leak was real since one object is a vanity.

@SimGuruGraham has confirmed that the opacity slider "leak" was faked. I'm pretty much done with trusting "leaks" at this point. But I'll happily take the kids-playing-with-makeup gameplay over opacity sliders for now :) I'd like opacity sliders but I like little gameplay details like that even more.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    Ohh I love the butler!!! The only thing that i am afraid of is the make up... I saw in a leak that shows a opacity slider... I hope it doesnt break my cc :/

Opacity Slider Pic was a fake. Graham confirmed today.

Yes!! I saw it few minutes ago! I think its the first SP that I really want! The others I was like meh... but this one I love it :)
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    I'm not going to lie I thought the Butler was going to be a service sim and I would have been really disappointed. But I'm VERY impressed that they made it live-in THANK YOUUUU DEVSSSS!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited November 2016
    The butler is the main reason for me to buy this pack.

I would like to give a name to my butler myself rather than being it given in game as in the other Sims games and choose him out of several possible employees as in Dine Out but is this possible in a game pack?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this pack. That globe-bar is awesome! And a new fireplace and a new bed! CAS is looking great too. (I'm usually more excited for the stuff than the gameplay objects, although the make-up table does look fun).

My Sims will so be throwing a vintage style New Year's Eve party! (Obviously, there will be a Christmas party/family gathering with the new holiday stuff first).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2016
    Mchap353 wrote: »

I would like to give a name to my butler myself rather than being it given in game as in the other Sims games and choose him out of several possible employees as in Dine Out but is this possible in a game pack?

You can always take them into CAS with cas.fulleditmode from Manage Households once you have hired them. That'll allow you to change anything you want about them. As long as you don't actually play them in Live mode, they should keep NPC status.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Mchap353 wrote: »

You can always take them into CAS with cas.fulleditmode from Manage Households once you have hired them. That'll allow you to change anything you want about them. As long as you don't actually play them in Live mode, they should keep NPC status.

Thank you @EmmaVane That information has been copied and pasted to a note on my desktop!
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Just got home from work and got to see this. It looks amazing! I can't wait. I'm already thinking about stories I can tell. I'm loving every aspect of this especially the vanity, so freaking cute!
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm so excited for butlers! Weirdly enough I was saying to my friend earlier today how I wish we had butlers in the Sims 4! Ah I can't wait for this stuff pack :D
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    More luxury partying? When will we get packs with things like industrial/farming stuff,where you can run a warehouse or manage an old-fashioned farm? When will we start seeing packs with stuff from the 50s/60s/70s,where you can build a hot rod or go bowling at the bowling alley? We need to start seeing more packs that don't have bars,drinking or partying as a theme.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    It is so sad that a Butler has me more excited than the City Life EP.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Vanity makeup will stay when changing between outfits if it makes sense to do so (E.G. everyday to formal). Will be removed when showering or sleeping for example.

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this pack. That globe-bar is awesome! And a new fireplace and a new bed! CAS is looking great too. (I'm usually more excited for the stuff than the gameplay objects, although the make-up table does look fun).

My Sims will so be throwing a vintage style New Year's Eve party! (Obviously, there will be a Christmas party/family gathering with the new holiday stuff first).

I've spotted two new beds so far!

• Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member

Now if they would just hurry up and bring back the Burglar, and the Supernaturals I can really make some magic.

Yippie.gif
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    I may need this... Butler! :o
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    Looks like butlers serve drinks too. That'll be great for posh parties and weddings at home.

65c420df88.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Pack looks outstanding. Can't wait.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    1. Where's the blur at 0:50 :o ?
    2. Why are they calling him 'loser'?

Good video by the way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    spotharrisspotharris Posts: 112 Member
    Kind of sad the opacity slider was fake. Given so many people believed it, I wonder why they didn't say something when it "leaked" a month ago.

This is a stuffpack I could see myself using the objects a lot, but not the CAS or gameplay objects, so I may not buy it right away. I wonder how they'll bundle this, as it would have fit the DO and RG bundle very well.