Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ...When I said "bless you" @Bonxie I seriously meant that. I was tickled to see that post, and for you to later call it interference just feels wrong to me. My inner kid wants you to "take that back!" :smiley:

Thanks for your your kind words.

What should I do? I'm a stranger in this strange land and English is not my first language. So it's tricky because one of the first things I've learnt is that some guys here are very (not to say hyper) sensitve in terms of code of conduct. What sounds absolute normal to me is here often interpreted as an insult. May be it's a bit more rough where I come from.

What's your first language? I would *never* have guessed it wasn't English!

@Bonxie What you should do is keep posting things like the one we're talking about, that was beautiful. @ModerateOsprey knocks cool posts like that out, too. I <3 details! :)

I am absolutely NOT "the" authority on all things MC. I know what I know, but, Deaderpool himself tells me I don't play this game like anybody else. Big <shrug> here, he's probably right. :D I have fun, I love bug hunting, and I *have* played with the mod, and blown up/fixed enough things enough times, that I feel fairly confident in most of what I post.

However, sometimes I'm wrong. In the same vein, sometimes I see stuff posted from other folks that I know is wrong, and I can't let it go, if I can back it up. I expect that from you guys, too, if I miss the mark. I'm NOT always right. I'm definitely a "think outside the box" type, and sometimes the box has the answer. You know?

It isn't just non-English speakers who have trouble with translation or interpretation. I've been known to miss a question entirely and not figure it out until a wall of text later and a re-read of the original post. I get things in my mind and my hands just take off, sometimes. And I do love writing about this mod! :)

(Evidently I'm in the mood to chat this morning...)

Side story, one reason I like 3rd shift is because I have TWO other employees around, instead of the dayshift fuller staff. I like that. Too many chiefs and indians both on day shift for me. I don't break any rules, but I don't drink any corporate koolaid, either. (Manager brainwashing. I seriously think that's a thing.)

I speak sarcasm/insult pretty well, I just usually try not to, here. But if I feel like somebody oversteps, I have no issue with letting them know.

Be yourself. <3

• Options
    Hey guys I'm new to the thread and sorta new to using MC. I have it installed currently with the population and pregnancy modules. I have recently started a new random legacy save and want to be sure the family tree stays in place -- I'm not sure if this is still a problem with the game anymore? I also want to let townies breed lol :) So that as the legacy moves along there's already Sims in the right age groups for my Sims to meet/marry/etc. So I don't know if there's specific settings I need for the pregnancy module or not. If so, I'd love the help. I'm also afraid of relationship decay in my rotational save for inactive played households. So I don't know if what I all said is too much, but I just want to make sure I have settings right. I find MC kind of intimidating. Thank you!

First, thanks @Pegasus143 ! :) Also, one more comment on my last post, I have a list, not written down, of people who post here to this thread, and to MC questions asked elsewhere in the forums (I don't go everywhere here or see everything) that I am *always* glad to see things from, because you guys know what you're talking about.

I'm not going to say who I'm thinking of publicly, feels like that might add pressure, or be considered calling out (flattering, but still...), but sitting here thinking about it, I can rattle off at least half a dozen names EASY. <3

Now, let me get to the post I'm actually responding to. :smiley:

@LoveMeHateMe I realize MC is a big mod, and there IS a *lot* to the documentation on the description page. I think anybody using MC should read through all of it at least once, even if it's just to see how it's laid out, and what all IS available there.

But think of it like Google for MC, it's always going to be there. When you go looking for help or info, zoom in on the ONE thing you want to know about. Searching comments is another good way to find stuff, they sort descending by date there, and any from Deaderpool would be a good place to start. I recently searched for "ghost cull" and found what I wanted within 4 posts. If you can be fairly specific, Search can help a lot.

Protip: the mod updated on August 1, so comments before that aren't as relevant. Nobody expects anybody to read 12,000 comments, I haven't even done that. (Yet. ;) ) You know? LOL!

You might want to add Tuner, it does some things like turning off the auto-flirting, if you'd want that.

Also, PM incoming, about another part.

I have more, but let me do that and I'll probably be back. LOL!
  • Options
    Hey guys I'm new to the thread and sorta new to using MC. I have it installed currently with the population and pregnancy modules. I have recently started a new random legacy save and want to be sure the family tree stays in place -- I'm not sure if this is still a problem with the game anymore? I also want to let townies breed lol :) So that as the legacy moves along there's already Sims in the right age groups for my Sims to meet/marry/etc. So I don't know if there's specific settings I need for the pregnancy module or not. If so, I'd love the help. I'm also afraid of relationship decay in my rotational save for inactive played households. So I don't know if what I all said is too much, but I just want to make sure I have settings right. I find MC kind of intimidating. Thank you!

One more thing to @Bonxie ... I was running late already with getting ready for work when the original post came in, so yes, I was sitting here thinking about settings and screenshots and "OMG I don't have time to do this justice, right now!!" stuff... posting what you did when you did REALLY saved me some time and some angst, and I know you had no way to know that. So I'm telling you. Best timing of the day. :)

@LoveMeHateMe AFAIK EA hasn't changed how the vanilla family tree works, much anyway. They said they did something to it not long ago, but I hope somebody else remembers what it was, because I really don't.

MC offers Relationship options to set family tree relationships between sims. Going at it from the UI is a little confusing, but if you want to check it out, there's a command line option to get you past the sim-picking part of the process and straight into the relationship editing part:

rel_set bella goth mortimer goth

Mod defaults are generally set up to mimic vanilla game behavior, with a few exceptions. But you're probably going to want to use a live-lot computer to edit some of your settings to get more happening.

Speaking of more happening, check your PMs. :blush:

There is no "too much," unless you count the forum's post-size limit. I've never reached it unless I was posting a dxdiag report (nerd trivia: those take at least 4 messages, usually 6, to post completely).

I'm a wall of text poster from WAY back. More details are always better, IMO. I like posts that draw me a picture, or tell me a story. Screenshots are immensely helpful sometimes, too.

Here are the default Pregnancy settings for MC 2.13:

"Pregnancy_AdoptionAges": "B,C,T",
    "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A",
    "Pregnancy_AgeWhenPregnant": false,
    "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs": false,
    "Pregnancy_AllowHomeless": false,
    "Pregnancy_AutoMarryPercent": 0,
    "Pregnancy_BabyMotiveDecay": 100,
    "Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": true,
    "Pregnancy_DaysToRun": "",
    "Pregnancy_Duration": 3,
    "Pregnancy_ElderPregnancyPenalty": 0,
    "Pregnancy_EnforceFamily": true,
    "Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_MaxHouseholdChildren": 3,
    "Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": 3,
    "Pregnancy_OffspringGender": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_OnlyMarriedPregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_PauseOnPlayableLabor": false,
    "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": 0,
    "Pregnancy_PreferHomeSims": false,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Pregnancy_SameSexAdoptionPercent": 0,
    "Pregnancy_UseSameAgeGroup": false,

This is for INFORMATION only. Don't edit the config file (you can browse through it, though, just don't change anything there), always use the in game computer/slablet MC UI to make changes. I just copy/paste settings sometimes from the file because it's a faster/easier way than having to upload screenshots to get the UI menus up.

I just thought you might like to see these, if you haven't changed anything, this is how your game is behaving now.

One thing I can say, if your aging bars are giving back borked info on pregnant sims, if you enable age when pregnant, that will fix those in most cases, although elders are still a little off. Mostly it's a game issue, but vanilla doesn't support elder pregnancy, so I'm not too surprised it's a little buggy there.

Pause on playable labor is a cool thing. If a pregnant sim lives in a Played house, when they're ready to go into labor, enabling this will give you a pop up when it's time. You can decide whether to stall the birth and do it after you finish what's currently going on, or, you can send them on to have the baby without you. Unplayed sims just have their babies when it's time.

And about the MaxHousehold Children, that means how many kids your sim can have EVER (limit 50). MaxOffspring refers to Per Birth (limit 6).

Population is similar, there'll be changes you want to make there, too. Just give some thought to what you want to make happen, see what you can do with the UI, and if you have any more questions or get stuck, let us know.

Also, keep an eye on your mc log. Deaderpool did some major retooling on Population, he wants to know if we see anything weird. And I found something not quite right in pregnancy/marriage the other day, too.

Base module, I highly recommend setting your log to enabled and append. Very handy, but if it's left to default settings, it will refresh between game loads. Not cool, IMO. I haven't turned that setting off here since he gave it to us, and I turned it on about 3 seconds later. :)
  • Options
    VioletRedVioletRed Posts: 261 Member
    @egwarhammer Description page! Forgot all about that, silly me. :blush: Good morning and thank you!
    Origin ID: Xieria
  • Options
    Kittie885Kittie885 Posts: 94 Member
    I'm wanting to know how to get MC Command Center to stop culling the ghosts out of my family tree. I have "use custom population" set to true, "Clean Ghosts" to false and 'bypass sim culling" set to true as well. Am I missing a setting? After a sim dies, after a few days, their picture in the family tree disappears. This is driving me nuts!
  • Options
    Kittie885 wrote: »
    I'm wanting to know how to get MC Command Center to stop culling the ghosts out of my family tree. I have "use custom population" set to true, "Clean Ghosts" to false and 'bypass sim culling" set to true as well. Am I missing a setting? After a sim dies, after a few days, their picture in the family tree disappears. This is driving me nuts!

The thing you're missing isn't a setting, it's a flag. For the sim ghosts you want to keep, you need to flag them as Never Cull under the Sim > MC >Flags menu. (Base game Show Menu options to enable it if you don't see the MC button on sims.) It works from the relpanel too.

Then you can enable Clean Ghosts if you want, and the ones you flagged won't be deleted. Bypass Family Ghosts will keep active household ghosts safe, enabled, but the No Cull flag is the only way to keep the others.

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

The thing you're missing isn't a setting, it's a flag. For the sim ghosts you want to keep, you need to flag them as Never Cull under the Sim > MC >Flags menu. (Base game Show Menu options to enable it if you don't see the MC button on sims.) It works from the relpanel too.

Then you can enable Clean Ghosts if you want, and the ones you flagged won't be deleted. Bypass Family Ghosts will keep active household ghosts safe, enabled, but the No Cull flag is the only way to keep the others.

ive been meaning to ask about that. you flag the entire household?
  • Options

If you're playing with culling enabled (I don't), you can flag anybody you don't want deleted with Never Cull.

Sometimes with 100 sims I have 90 flagged. :smiley: But I don't use it anyway, I just overflag IN CASE something glitches. Safety net stuff.

• Options

I'll have to try that in the sim menu. The thing is, I thought I turned ALL the culling off. In the MC Command Center, under the "MC Cleaner" menu/Neighborhood Cleaner, I have "Clean Ghosts" to false and "Bypass Family Ghosts" to true already. I was wondering if I was missing yet another setting..
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

If you're playing with culling enabled (I don't), you can flag anybody you don't want deleted with Never Cull.

Sometimes with 100 sims I have 90 flagged. :smiley: But I don't use it anyway, I just overflag IN CASE something glitches. Safety net stuff.

i m playing a legacy so i don't want my family tree culled. i know theres a way to do it i just don't know how too.
  • Options

I'll have to try that in the sim menu. The thing is, I thought I turned ALL the culling off. In the MC Command Center, under the "MC Cleaner" menu/Neighborhood Cleaner, I have "Clean Ghosts" to false and "Bypass Family Ghosts" to true already. I was wondering if I was missing yet another setting..

i m playing a legacy so i don't want my family tree culled. i know theres a way to do it i just don't know how too.

@Kittie885 under Population, do you have Bypass Culling and Bypass Relationship Culling enabled, too? Bypass culling is the one that will keep your other sims from being deleted. All of them.

@friendsfan367 in settings you just need to disable (or set low or to 0 for the settings offering ranges or number inputs) the routines.

Here's a tip on this one from @DarkAmaranth1966 :smile:

Tip: feed the baby, change that to 0, and restart your game to set it. Then you can do friendly/fun interactions with the baby and not worry about any relationship decay affecting it. (Feeding/changing *might* give negative reactions if the baby doesn't need either.)

Other DEFAULT settings:

"Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": false,

"Decay_Ratio_Friendship": 100, (These 2 are under Other Settings)
    "Decay_Ratio_Romantic": 100,

"Population_BypassCulling": false,
    "Population_BypassRelationshipCulling": false,

MY settings (some are temporary)

"Pregnancy_BabyMotiveDecay": 50, (soon to be 0 here)

"Cleaner_BypassFamilyGhosts": true, (I have no ghosts ATM)
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": false,
    "Decay_Ratio_Friendship": 0,
    "Decay_Ratio_Romantic": 1, (Usually 0 but I want to see how big the hit is when it comes, using friendly as baseline and romantic as test)
    "Population_BypassCulling": true,
    "Population_BypassRelationshipCulling": false,

Bypass Relationship Culling is true here 95% of the time, I only turn it on after I've run the relationship "know everybody" cheat to make flagging easier to do on everybody. Saves a bunch of time, but leads me to lag/response issues, so once I'm done, I turn it on and switch houses to let it do its thing. When I check the 2 I've done the cheat on and they don't have 90+ people in their relpanel any more, I'll switch it back to true.

The thing to remember is, the settings are for Broad Strokes. With Flags (Several Choices!) and Marks (pregnancy, marriage, move in), you can "fine tune" that general behavior per sim.

BTW, here's a picture of all the flags you see on an unplayed, housed sim.

What's available changes based on if they're in the bin, if they're played or unplayed, if they're affected by settings, etc. But this picture pretty much shows everything you see under flags. The Pregnancy/Marriage menus have other things you can do to sims, too, those flags and marks I mentioned, for including/excluding them in those alarm runs.

1y0p6p.jpg
  • Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member

One more thing to @Bonxie ... I was running late already with getting ready for work when the original post came in, so yes, I was sitting here thinking about settings and screenshots and "OMG I don't have time to do this justice, right now!!" stuff... posting what you did when you did REALLY saved me some time and some angst, and I know you had no way to know that. So I'm telling you. Best timing of the day. :)

@LoveMeHateMe AFAIK EA hasn't changed how the vanilla family tree works, much anyway. They said they did something to it not long ago, but I hope somebody else remembers what it was, because I really don't.

MC offers Relationship options to set family tree relationships between sims. Going at it from the UI is a little confusing, but if you want to check it out, there's a command line option to get you past the sim-picking part of the process and straight into the relationship editing part:

rel_set bella goth mortimer goth

Mod defaults are generally set up to mimic vanilla game behavior, with a few exceptions. But you're probably going to want to use a live-lot computer to edit some of your settings to get more happening.

Speaking of more happening, check your PMs. :blush:

There is no "too much," unless you count the forum's post-size limit. I've never reached it unless I was posting a dxdiag report (nerd trivia: those take at least 4 messages, usually 6, to post completely).

I'm a wall of text poster from WAY back. More details are always better, IMO. I like posts that draw me a picture, or tell me a story. Screenshots are immensely helpful sometimes, too.

Here are the default Pregnancy settings for MC 2.13:

"Pregnancy_AdoptionAges": "B,C,T",
    "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A",
    "Pregnancy_AgeWhenPregnant": false,
    "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs": false,
    "Pregnancy_AllowHomeless": false,
    "Pregnancy_AutoMarryPercent": 0,
    "Pregnancy_BypassActiveRomanticInterest": true,
    "Pregnancy_BypassPlayedHouseholds": true,
    "Pregnancy_DaysToRun": "",
    "Pregnancy_Duration": 3,
    "Pregnancy_ElderPregnancyPenalty": 0,
    "Pregnancy_EnforceFamily": true,
    "Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_MaxHouseholdChildren": 3,
    "Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": 3,
    "Pregnancy_OffspringGender": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_OnlyMarriedPregnancy": false,
    "Pregnancy_PauseOnPlayableLabor": false,
    "Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment": 0,
    "Pregnancy_PreferHomeSims": false,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Pregnancy_SameSexAdoptionPercent": 0,
    "Pregnancy_UseSameAgeGroup": false,

This is for INFORMATION only. Don't edit the config file (you can browse through it, though, just don't change anything there), always use the in game computer/slablet MC UI to make changes. I just copy/paste settings sometimes from the file because it's a faster/easier way than having to upload screenshots to get the UI menus up.

I just thought you might like to see these, if you haven't changed anything, this is how your game is behaving now.

One thing I can say, if your aging bars are giving back borked info on pregnant sims, if you enable age when pregnant, that will fix those in most cases, although elders are still a little off. Mostly it's a game issue, but vanilla doesn't support elder pregnancy, so I'm not too surprised it's a little buggy there.

Pause on playable labor is a cool thing. If a pregnant sim lives in a Played house, when they're ready to go into labor, enabling this will give you a pop up when it's time. You can decide whether to stall the birth and do it after you finish what's currently going on, or, you can send them on to have the baby without you. Unplayed sims just have their babies when it's time.

And about the MaxHousehold Children, that means how many kids your sim can have EVER (limit 50). MaxOffspring refers to Per Birth (limit 6).

Population is similar, there'll be changes you want to make there, too. Just give some thought to what you want to make happen, see what you can do with the UI, and if you have any more questions or get stuck, let us know.

Also, keep an eye on your mc log. Deaderpool did some major retooling on Population, he wants to know if we see anything weird. And I found something not quite right in pregnancy/marriage the other day, too.

Base module, I highly recommend setting your log to enabled and append. Very handy, but if it's left to default settings, it will refresh between game loads. Not cool, IMO. I haven't turned that setting off here since he gave it to us, and I turned it on about 3 seconds later. :)

@egwarhammer You have helped me so much! Your PM too :) I am going to play around more with the pregnancy settings, because I had no idea that you can pause to be there when a Sim goes in labor in another household!! That is awesome. I also had no idea about setting the log to enabled and append. I'm going to see what changed with the Population module, and the posts you did about Ghosts and cleaner are also a Godsend!! I dont' want my ghosts to go away either. Alright time to go in game and play with MC!
  • Options

@Kittie885 under Population, do you have Bypass Culling and Bypass Relationship Culling enabled, too? Bypass culling is the one that will keep your other sims from being deleted. All of them.

I had Bypass Culling set to true, but not Bypass Relationship Culling. I went back into my game and bypassed the Relationship Culling too. I hope that makes a different. Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    The morning got away from me, extra errands.

I had Bypass Culling set to true, but not Bypass Relationship Culling. I went back into my game and bypassed the Relationship Culling too. I hope that makes a different. Thank you for your help!

@Kittie885 if you want to PM me your settings and tell me what you would like to have happen, I'll see what I can tell you. You can either upload it to Dropbox for me, OR, copy/paste it into a PM. I just need the details and settings together because I have the worst memory in the world. I can look at it in the morning.

I would've enjoyed their Event more if they'd waited till next week. Work weeks I don't get to play much. And someone said the career buffs don't count for active careers, although the sims in active careers are allowed to ask for the buff, so... I'm not impressed, there.

However the skills buff is cool. I play with my Skill Rate Adjustment set on 10 and if I open a house to do anything, while they're active, I add that flag to them. I had a girl who'd never cooked anything make grilled cheese for lunch, and she went from level 1-4. I think it's stacking with the MC buff, too... but I haven't tested that theory. It just seemed faster to me this morning, wanted to mention it.

I'm only about to start night 3 of 8, and I'm already feeling it. I slept, but "well" I'd have to say notsomuch. Restless.

I'm going to need some help covering this thread this week.

I'd love it if more of you would pop by with a post occasionally, just to let people know somebody's around for questions.
    <3
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    @egwarhammer Hello, this is my first time on this thread so I was wondering...Which files do I have to download in order to turn off alien abductions only? How does it work? Does it turn off alien abductions completely, and is it compatible with the last patch?
    I'm sorry for so many questions but I never installed a mod like this one before.
    Thank you <3
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    @egwarhammer Hello, this is my first time on this thread so I was wondering...Which files do I have to download in order to turn off alien abductions only? How does it work? Does it turn off alien abductions completely, and is it compatible with the last patch?
    I'm sorry for so many questions but I never installed a mod like this one before.
    Thank you <3

Have not played too much with aliens myself, but I gonna answer as best I can (to cover for egwarhammer):
    -The modules you need is the main module that is called MC Command Center". You also need the file called MC Occult.
    -What happens is for hat there will be a setting for alien contact. Set that for 0 and no abductions will happen. The game will still generate aliens though, related to the Science Career and Alien Night etc.
    -It is compatible to last patch.

AMB.jpg
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Thank you <3

Have not played too much with aliens myself, but I gonna answer as best I can (to cover for egwarhammer):
    -The modules you need is the main module that is called MC Command Center". You also need the file called MC Occult.
    -What happens is for hat there will be a setting for alien contact. Set that for 0 and no abductions will happen. The game will still generate aliens though, related to the Science Career and Alien Night etc.
    -It is compatible to last patch.

You'll also need to insure that every time you reload the game, you'll need to use the Satellite Dish to prevent alien abductions (but only once during each gaming session ... not every day in the game).
  • Options
    Cool. Morning, gang, and thanks, guys! :)

No school run, kid wasn't feeling up to it, and for a day that ends early (right after lunch, really), I don't see the point in forcing the issue. Nice bonus is more chill time for me. It wasn't a BAD night at work, but it was another long and busy one.

I wouldn't have known about the satellite anyway... "it takes a village," right? :wink: I play with abductions on High. I've never tried to NOT have them happen.

I stumbled onto a cool thread last night, but I didn't have time to go anywhere with it... (that's coming up, here, soon). If you want to check it out:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897566/some-mod-suggestions

I'll be around for a bit, still in "switch gears/catch breath" mode, between work and home. Whew, made it! LOL
  • Options
    And now that I've linked to @LordGalious 's thread, here's part of what's in it that deals with MC.
    (wonder if theres a way to loose 5k or something from getting sued perhaps?)
    XD

With MC you can actually simulate this idea already, if you switch to the doctor's household, you can use Transfer Funds to give a "settlement" to the wronged patient. B)
    3. For MC Command Center Mod:

- Autonomous Fighting, only happens when sims hate each other enough. (My dims don't autonomous fight unless I play vanilla...
    - Autonomous Whoohoo and try for baby (my sims don't whoohoo unless in Vanilla)
    - Inactive sims make simolions/get promotions without you controlling them.
    - Inactive sims can buy businesses.

I've seen autonomous fighting in my game once recently, between two restaurant employees who were on the clock. Real O.o moment, here. I haven't played a lot lately. Try hanging out in Windenburg, it seems to happen more often there. Of course my two hate each other NOW, but they were both unplayed, so I can't say whether they hated each other BEFORE the fight, or do now as a result of it.

"Dims"... Freudian slip or honest typo? ROFL! (Some sims do seem kinda dim... :p )

I'm a little slow, I was about to PM you about something we've already talked about, from your 2nd MC idea. LOL! (And then I went checking dates. Got it, now.)

Inactive sims do tend to get promotions, probably somehow based on how often your sim goes to work, or something.

I know sims who work with my detective are showing more money in their household window than the 20K they start with. Not like 22k for an extra person, but 20,548 (example), like they've gotten a paycheck. I believe if you hire a mixologist for the bar (etc), they may get paid for when they're "on duty" too. (Sims hired thru items don't show having a job... little weird, moonlighters I guess.)
    More MC Idea's:

- Autonomous divorces/break ups
    - Autonomous inactive sims pay bills
    - Autonomous inactive sims or Households move out, only happens when their either out of cash or from a break up/divorce

Divorce is on Deaderpool's TODO list already, I think with a couple of different ideas/approaches. Doesn't mean it's coming for sure, but if he researches it and decides it's workable, it's entirely possible. He didn't say "heck no!" when it was asked about... that's a good sign. :p

I don't think having inactives pay bills is going to be something MC can do. As I understand it, the Manage Households interface is in the parts of the game DP can't access from scripts.

It isn't quite what you're asking for in the last bit about moving out, but you *can* set MC (Population) to have eligible sims move out during the weekly alarm, if you like.

Also, you can move elders out to the bin in a "retirement home" window, if that interests you. No money for them, but, that's fixable now with Transfer Funds, too.

Anybody else have anything to add? :)

BTW, @LordGalious welcome to the madhouse, aka my little piece of our forums.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    ok, thanks for explaining that bit, as for inactives getting cash from work; they don't in my game sadly; hence why I suggested that.
    As for them paying bills, on the nraas story progression mod they pay bills then they sometimes fall into debt, usually when they do that I evict them since they can't afford it, so that was why I made that suggestion. :D

As for the autonomous whoohooing, well I wish that was a feature for the base mod much like the autonomous flirting/being mean are? that way I don't need to go to that one site to get the whoohoo sub package for MC, what I am saying is I wish autonomous whoohooing was separate from the whoohoo package; so the package can be used mainly for the whoohoo options (if ya get what I mean), but oh well. XD

Sorry if I sound picky... XD
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    I never played with NRAAS, but I will if I ever play 3 again. Sounds like I missed out. I didn't mod 3.

Two had a Downloads folder as long as my arm. LOL! And 4 used to, before I found MC. Now I might have 10 mods in, give or take.

It isn't picky to want what you want. But if I understand it, tuning mods can be more "tailored" than script mods.

I don't pretend to know much at all about coding, but I do know script mods are a different animal from tuning mods. It might take a page of script to do something you can fix with one or two changes to a tuning file. (Broad generalization.) And some things you really can't do from scripts at all.

You know Tuner's Invite to Stay the Night is Friendly bit? That was actually a tuning mod DP had posted in the past, and then imported/converted/added to the script file. I don't know the right terminology for what he did, exactly, but I know he used what he'd already done, and made it work.

The woohoo stuff had to be put on another site to steer clear of MTS's Paypal restrictions. So I'm afraid that's probably an "it is what it is" thing. You could ask him about it, though, at MTS... he doesn't bite. :)
  • Options
    Thank you <3

@wickedangell666 (interesting nickname, btw... I like it.) ;)

Hey, welcome! I'm glad to see your questions about alien abductions already answered.

Excellent timing on your part, yesterday I'd just asked, because I can already see how this week is gonna go, >.< for people to help "mind the store" here when I'm not around this week.

And I need to say thanks again to @Ulfric_Grimbrand and @Bloudwed because I couldn't have answered you as well as they did. :)

My work schedule is weird, basically on/off a week or so at a time, mostly 3rds but 2 2nd shifts a month. I love the 3rds, but when I'm doing 7 in a row, work/sleep is about all I have in me. And with the (dreaded because I don't like driving) school run back on my list, too... I'm wearing out faster than I'm liking. Two days back into "normal" and I came begging for help. LMAO!

My off weeks you'll see a LOT of me around here, and in MC's comments. And in the game, too.

You don't need to apologize for questions. That wasn't even "so many." :)

If you're worried about things the mod is doing, or might be, I suggest enabling Logging and setting it to Append. With it disabled, if something snags, you'll still get an error message, BUT it will be overwritten when you next load your game. Don't forget to look, is the moral of that story, I guess.

Mine's been enabled/appending since he turned it loose for us. I <3 my log!

I do, however, cut/paste it into different files (Not while the game's running!), when it gets big. I'm a serious details nerd, though. And a packrat.

Bug hunter, too. If there's been a way to break something in MC, I've generally been able to make it happen here.

And Deaderpool is VERY on top of things like patch-related updates. Proactive, too. When Relationship Culling landed with GT, I cruised by MC comments to ask about it, and found him already working on modding it right back out. I thought that was very cool.

I can't and won't play this game without MC (outside of testing). I wish everybody would try it. For those who do, I am absolutely willing to do what I can to help with getting it going. I wrote the Troubleshooter PDF to take care of several fireballs. I never exactly intended to become a Voice for MC, but that seems to have happened, anyway. B) And at this point, I really wouldn't change a thing.

(Although if hubby'd go ahead and win big playing the lottery, I would quit my job. :smiley: )
  • Options
    simmer4431simmer4431 Posts: 2 New Member
    I've had this mod installed for a while. Yesterday, I found the way to the settings and accidentally changed the pregnancy settings. I can't, for the life of me,figure out how to get back to change the settings. If someone could give me instructions, that'd be nice. Thanks :)
  • Options
    simmer4431 wrote: »
    I've had this mod installed for a while. Yesterday, I found the way to the settings and accidentally changed the pregnancy settings. I can't, for the life of me,figure out how to get back to change the settings. If someone could give me instructions, that'd be nice. Thanks :)

Live lot > Computer/Slablet (in world) > MC button > MC Pregnancy

There are several submenus there. :)

Bedtime for me, but I'll be back before work tonight.

Have a great day, all!
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Thank you <3

@wickedangell666 (interesting nickname, btw... I like it.) ;)

Hey, welcome! I'm glad to see your questions about alien abductions already answered.

Excellent timing on your part, yesterday I'd just asked, because I can already see how this week is gonna go, >.< for people to help "mind the store" here when I'm not around this week.

And I need to say thanks again to @Ulfric_Grimbrand and @Bloudwed because I couldn't have answered you as well as they did. :)

My work schedule is weird, basically on/off a week or so at a time, mostly 3rds but 2 2nd shifts a month. I love the 3rds, but when I'm doing 7 in a row, work/sleep is about all I have in me. And with the (dreaded because I don't like driving) school run back on my list, too... I'm wearing out faster than I'm liking. Two days back into "normal" and I came begging for help. LMAO!

My off weeks you'll see a LOT of me around here, and in MC's comments. And in the game, too.

You don't need to apologize for questions. That wasn't even "so many." :)

If you're worried about things the mod is doing, or might be, I suggest enabling Logging and setting it to Append. With it disabled, if something snags, you'll still get an error message, BUT it will be overwritten when you next load your game. Don't forget to look, is the moral of that story, I guess.

Mine's been enabled/appending since he turned it loose for us. I <3 my log!

I do, however, cut/paste it into different files (Not while the game's running!), when it gets big. I'm a serious details nerd, though. And a packrat.

Bug hunter, too. If there's been a way to break something in MC, I've generally been able to make it happen here.

And Deaderpool is VERY on top of things like patch-related updates. Proactive, too. When Relationship Culling landed with GT, I cruised by MC comments to ask about it, and found him already working on modding it right back out. I thought that was very cool.

I can't and won't play this game without MC (outside of testing). I wish everybody would try it. For those who do, I am absolutely willing to do what I can to help with getting it going. I wrote the Troubleshooter PDF to take care of several fireballs. I never exactly intended to become a Voice for MC, but that seems to have happened, anyway. B) And at this point, I really wouldn't change a thing.

(Although if hubby'd go ahead and win big playing the lottery, I would quit my job. :smiley: )

Hello again and thx a lot for all the answers guys! I'm glad you liked the nickname, @egwarhammer :)
    I only have one little thing to ask because I'm not sure if I got it though...Once I add the mod to the game, will I still have to get the "Satellite Dish" and reload it every time I start my game? Wouldn't the mod cover the alien abductions by it self?
    Thank you all once more <3
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top