Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    MARISSASRMARISSASR Posts: 14 New Member
    I don't know why but I can't figure out how to edit posts. I uninstalled the Mc command center and re-installed it and STILL no "Other Options" tab from which I can actually adjust relationship decay. Am I missing something? I really don't understand why I seem to be missing mods if all i needed to d/l was the command center. This is so frustrating.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    MARISSASR wrote: »
    I don't know why but I can't figure out how to edit posts. I uninstalled the Mc command center and re-installed it and STILL no "Other Options" tab from which I can actually adjust relationship decay. Am I missing something? I really don't understand why I seem to be missing mods if all i needed to d/l was the command center. This is so frustrating.

I answered your other post, but let's talk here. Give me a list of what's in your MC folder. I have to work in a couple of hours but I''ll be around till then. And, after.
  • Options
    Can someone please help explain to me how the relationship decay settings work? I installed the MC Command center and I see a button for "relationships" and have the ability to add and set certain sims to primary and secondary, but I really don't get what this means. And I've seen multiple comments about adjusting decay settings but have seen no instructions on how to do so. I'm really lost and getting frustrated with the rate of decay in relationships in my Sims' houses.

By the way, THAT Relationships button you saw is for fixing relationships as they show up on the Family Tree.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited August 2016
    Edit: @egwarhammer I didn't see your post while typing mine. Sorry for the interference.

I don't know why but I can't figure out how to edit posts.
    Your status is "New Member". With this status you can't quote, edit posts and post pictures. This is according to the rules of this forums. See this post (Link) for all information.

I uninstalled the Mc command center and re-installed it and STILL no "Other Options" tab from which I can actually adjust relationship decay. Am I missing something? I really don't understand why I seem to be missing mods if all i needed to d/l was the command center. This is so frustrating.

Obviously the MCCC is available in your game, so the installation worked.

To access the MCCC configuration menue you need a computer from the buy mode on the lot where you are.
    If there is none, buy one. Which one doesn't matter.
    1. Click on the computer.
    2. Click on the "MC Command Center..." button.
    3. A list with more or less options appears, according to the modules you have installed. Click on "Other Settings"
    4. A new list appears titled "Other Settings". Click on "Relation Settings..."
    5. Again a new window titled "Relation Setting" appears. Click on "Friendship Decay Percentage".
    6. A window titeld "Change Setting" appears to control friendship decay. Choose a number between 0 and 100. 100 is the standard game setting, 0 is no decay. If you only want to slow down the decay try whether 50 matches your need. If you want to completely switch off the decay, type 0 (zero).
    7. Click OK
    8. You are now back in the "Relation Settings" window. Click on "Romatic Decay Percentage"
    9. Again a window titled "Change Setting" appears, this time to control romantic decay. Choose a number between 0 and 100. 100 is the standard game setting, 0 is no decay. If you only want to slow down the decay try, whether 50 matches your need. If you want to completely switch off the decay, type 0 (zero).
    10. Click OK
    11. Click Cancel
    12. Restart your game!!

Don't forget to restart your game. This is mandatory for the settings to become effective.

That's all. Have fun.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    ^^^ OMG this helped immensely. THANK YOU! I was getting so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off thinking I hadn't installed it correctly...lol. Thank you both so much!! Love this forum already. :)
  • Options
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 off* lol
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Welcome to the censor. Haha! Cool, glad that's all it took.

Cheerleader works 2nd shift today (ugh), but the thread'll be in good hands. :)
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Edit: @egwarhammer I didn't see your post while typing mine. Sorry for the interference.

I don't know why but I can't figure out how to edit posts.
    Your status is "New Member". With this status you can't quote, edit posts and post pictures. This is according to the rules of this forums. See this post (Link) for all information.

I uninstalled the Mc command center and re-installed it and STILL no "Other Options" tab from which I can actually adjust relationship decay. Am I missing something? I really don't understand why I seem to be missing mods if all i needed to d/l was the command center. This is so frustrating.

Obviously the MCCC is available in your game, so the installation worked.

To access the MCCC configuration menue you need a computer from the buy mode on the lot where you are.
    If there is none, buy one. Which one doesn't matter.
    1. Click on the computer.
    2. Click on the "MC Command Center..." button.
    3. A list with more or less options appears, according to the modules you have installed. Click on "Other Settings"
    4. A new list appears titled "Other Settings". Click on "Relation Settings..."
    5. Again a new window titled "Relation Setting" appears. Click on "Friendship Decay Percentage".
    6. A window titeld "Change Setting" appears to control friendship decay. Choose a number between 0 and 100. 100 is the standard game setting, 0 is no decay. If you only want to slow down the decay try whether 50 matches your need. If you want to completely switch off the decay, type 0 (zero).
    7. Click OK
    8. You are now back in the "Relation Settings" window. Click on "Romatic Decay Percentage"
    9. Again a window titled "Change Setting" appears, this time to control romantic decay. Choose a number between 0 and 100. 100 is the standard game setting, 0 is no decay. If you only want to slow down the decay try, whether 50 matches your need. If you want to completely switch off the decay, type 0 (zero).
    10. Click OK
    11. Click Cancel
    12. Restart your game!!

Don't forget to restart your game. This is mandatory for the settings to become effective.

That's all. Have fun.

Also, in MC 2.13, you can access the MC UI from using an in-world Slablet. :smiley: Gotta be my favorite thing he's done lately. <3
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @egwarhammer Is there settings in MCCC or any of it's modules that allow you to have a larger household than 8 sims? And that will allow TFB with more than 8 sims in a household?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member

Also, in MC 2.13, you can access the MC UI from using an in-world Slablet. :smiley: Gotta be my favorite thing he's done lately. <3

Honestly I only ever accessed MCCC from the mailbox or the sims themselves, is there more available on the PC/Slablet?

covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @egwarhammer Is there settings in MCCC or any of it's modules that allow you to have a larger household than 8 sims? And that will allow TFB with more than 8 sims in a household?

The only thing MC really offers for more than 8 sims is the Sim Commands > Modify in CAS function that will let you partially edit sims without having the game erase the extras in CAS. (Also handy for editing hidden sims if you've cheated to make them show up in your relpanel.)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=537466

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=536556

It takes both of these. Check the dates, the post from Morphar is from February. :)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=4976181#post4976181
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
  • Options
    cshaner wrote: »

Honestly I only ever accessed MCCC from the mailbox or the sims themselves, is there more available on the PC/Slablet?

Tons. That's how you change the settings for game-wide behavior. On a live lot, plop down a computer or slablet (won't work in inventory). Click the MC button. Oh, grab a drink first, if you haven't seen this yet, you're going to be amazed. :) LOTS to play with.

• Options
    hidden sims?

Like detective career criminals. With the cheat relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others they'll show up in your relpanel, but I don't want to break them, so I've been using the single-sim edit to tweak their outfits rather than full CASF. It may not matter, but just in case. I also tend to run Forget Sim on them to get them back off the panel after I've finished fixing them up.

The ones in the jail cell (4 women) I have all flagged as homeless, no offspring, and never club.

Time for me to pull it together for work today, I'll check in tonight when I get home.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    hidden sims?

Like detective career criminals. With the cheat relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others they'll show up in your relpanel, but I don't want to break them, so I've been using the single-sim edit to tweak their outfits rather than full CASF. It may not matter, but just in case. I also tend to run Forget Sim on them to get them back off the panel after I've finished fixing them up.

The ones in the jail cell (4 women) I have all flagged as homeless, no offspring, and never club.

Time for me to pull it together for work today, I'll check in tonight when I get home.

you uncconfused me but did you have to remind me i work today? lol. i haven't visted for a while
  • Options
    BTW, on my laptop with about 100 sims, if i run that cheat i see "not responding" things, and some lag.

So when I get everything done (flags set and so on), I use MC to turn Relationship Culling on (and restart the game) and go play some other house to give it time to cut that list back down to a more manageable size. After I check later and it's done, I disable relationship culling again.

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

The only thing MC really offers for more than 8 sims is the Sim Commands > Modify in CAS function that will let you partially edit sims without having the game erase the extras in CAS. (Also handy for editing hidden sims if you've cheated to make them show up in your relpanel.)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=537466

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=536556

It takes both of these. Check the dates, the post from Morphar is from February. :)

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=4976181#post4976181

Thank you @egwarhammer! Another simmer said they used MCCC for overstuff households, but I couldn't find the settings anywhere. I figured if anyone knew, it would be you. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    VioletRedVioletRed Posts: 261 Member
    edited August 2016
    What does this mean now because the wording has been changed. Before it meant that the non-custodial parent paid child support no matter what. With this question is it asking to choose whether child support is paid when the non-custodial parent is married or not married or if the custodial parent is married or not married?? And only if that household is being played?? I'm confused.

Child%20Support.jpg

Post edited by VioletRed on
    Origin ID: Xieria
  • Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    Hey guys I'm new to the thread and sorta new to using MC. I have it installed currently with the population and pregnancy modules. I have recently started a new random legacy save and want to be sure the family tree stays in place -- I'm not sure if this is still a problem with the game anymore? I also want to let townies breed lol :) So that as the legacy moves along there's already Sims in the right age groups for my Sims to meet/marry/etc. So I don't know if there's specific settings I need for the pregnancy module or not. If so, I'd love the help. I'm also afraid of relationship decay in my rotational save for inactive played households. So I don't know if what I all said is too much, but I just want to make sure I have settings right. I find MC kind of intimidating. Thank you!
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @LoveMeHateMe You can find instructions for changing the relationship decay rate here.
    For culling (relationship and sim), you'll find the settings under the population module. All three of these changes require the game to be restarted in order to take effect (if you forget you'll get some orange notices reminding you).
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    This thread is so incredibly useful. Honestly it's a shame that such needed features have to be in a mod. Having this kind of control over your game play should be switches and sliders by default I think. And the neighborhood story progression is a must for any kind of legacy play. Your neighbors have to do more than just age in my opinion. And random culling...that's unacceptable. In my opinion, for legacy (and others I'm sure) this mod is an absolute must have. Much like pose player is a must for story tellers.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    VioletRed wrote: »
    What does this mean now because the wording has been changed. Before it meant that the non-custodial parent paid child support no matter what. With this question is it asking to choose whether child support is paid when the non-custodial parent is married or not married or if the custodial parent is married or not married?? And only if that household is being played?? I'm confused.

Child%20Support.jpg

I went to the description page section for MC's base settings and found this... if it doesn't answer your question, try again? :)

Pay_Child_Support_Type Determines if an additional expense will be added to active Household's weekly bill amount for each child they have that does not live on the active lot with them. This includes Teen or less in age. The amount is based on the value of the lot the Sim lives on, just like regular bills. Also, like regular bills, if your Sim has the Frugal trait, they will get a reduction in their child-support amount owed. Valid values are "A"=All, "M"=Married Only, "U"=Unmarried Only or "N"=None. "Married Only" will only cause child support earnings or payments to happen if the parent Sims of the child are married. "Unmarried Only" will only cause child support earnings or payments to happen if the parent Sims of the child are unmarried. "N" (default, mine is "A" here)
  • Options
    Morning, all! Checking in, everybody cool? I was whipped last night, 2nd shift does that to me, lucky I only have 2 a month.

I read what was here, but I just didn't have posting left in my bag of tricks, after the long evening.

@Bonxie I just now saw your "interference" edit. :( (When I clicked on the link when @Pegasus143 quoted it, I wanted to see which post it was.)

*Don't* say that, or ever think that way. And this goes for any of you who have ever posted something helpful here to answer someone else's questions. I'm only one person, I'll gladly take any help I can get!

I started the thread, but I'm FAR from an expert on MC. I did this because I know people who don't love MTS, and since I'm running between the 2 pretty often, I've always been willing to carry messages back and forth to MC's comments. I'm there anyway... MC has 12,000+ comments, what's a couple more questions? haha!

I know the parts of MC I play with fairly well, but I don't use it all. Same with the game. I'm not your girl for ghosts, polygamy, or generational-type questions, for example. Or time speed, except in a most general copy/paste/interpret way. I'm not a coder, I can't answer THOSE questions at all. I might take a wild stab, but if I'm doing that, I'll tell you, too.

When I said "bless you" @Bonxie I seriously meant that. I was tickled to see that post, and for you to later call it interference just feels wrong to me. My inner kid wants you to "take that back!" :smiley:
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited August 2016
    ...When I said "bless you" @Bonxie I seriously meant that. I was tickled to see that post, and for you to later call it interference just feels wrong to me. My inner kid wants you to "take that back!" :smiley:

Thanks for your your kind words.

What should I do? I'm a stranger in this strange land and English is not my first language. So it's tricky because one of the first things I've learnt is that some guys here are very (not to say hyper) sensitve in terms of code of conduct. What sounds absolute normal to me is here often interpreted as an insult. May be it's a bit more rough where I come from. I think it's better for me to apologize unnecessarily than being called rude.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top