Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Apologies if this has already been asked and I didn't see it, but I'm having an issue with the marriage/pregnancy settings. I'd like to enable same-sex marriage but NOT same-sex pregnancy. I set "Partner Gender" to M and "Spouse Sim" to M/F, but realized as I watched marriages forming around town that only female sims were being chosen for marriage checks; all married couples were either female/female or female/male; there were no male/male couples forming.

I found that setting "Male Pregnancy" to true allowed male sims to be chosen for marriage checks, allowing male/male couples, so I set this to true and set "Same or Opposite Sex Only" to "Opposite" (only for pregnancy, not marriage) to prevent males from impregnating other males. That caused a different problem to arise - now women were sometimes impregnating men, when it should work the other way around.

The only workaround I've found to this so far is to manually set pregnancy flags for all townies, but doing so is a hassle, and many slip through the cracks.

Is there any way to change the settings to allow sims to marry regardless of gender but only allow pregnancy to work as it does in real life?
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @egwarhammer Hello, this is my first time on this thread so I was wondering...Which files do I have to download in order to turn off alien abductions only? How does it work? Does it turn off alien abductions completely, and is it compatible with the last patch?
    I'm sorry for so many questions but I never installed a mod like this one before.
    Thank you <3

@wickedangell666 (interesting nickname, btw... I like it.) ;)

Hey, welcome! I'm glad to see your questions about alien abductions already answered.

Excellent timing on your part, yesterday I'd just asked, because I can already see how this week is gonna go, >.< for people to help "mind the store" here when I'm not around this week.

And I need to say thanks again to @Ulfric_Grimbrand and @Bloudwed because I couldn't have answered you as well as they did. :)

My work schedule is weird, basically on/off a week or so at a time, mostly 3rds but 2 2nd shifts a month. I love the 3rds, but when I'm doing 7 in a row, work/sleep is about all I have in me. And with the (dreaded because I don't like driving) school run back on my list, too... I'm wearing out faster than I'm liking. Two days back into "normal" and I came begging for help. LMAO!

My off weeks you'll see a LOT of me around here, and in MC's comments. And in the game, too.

You don't need to apologize for questions. That wasn't even "so many." :)

If you're worried about things the mod is doing, or might be, I suggest enabling Logging and setting it to Append. With it disabled, if something snags, you'll still get an error message, BUT it will be overwritten when you next load your game. Don't forget to look, is the moral of that story, I guess.

Mine's been enabled/appending since he turned it loose for us. I <3 my log!

I do, however, cut/paste it into different files (Not while the game's running!), when it gets big. I'm a serious details nerd, though. And a packrat.

Bug hunter, too. If there's been a way to break something in MC, I've generally been able to make it happen here.

And Deaderpool is VERY on top of things like patch-related updates. Proactive, too. When Relationship Culling landed with GT, I cruised by MC comments to ask about it, and found him already working on modding it right back out. I thought that was very cool.

I can't and won't play this game without MC (outside of testing). I wish everybody would try it. For those who do, I am absolutely willing to do what I can to help with getting it going. I wrote the Troubleshooter PDF to take care of several fireballs. I never exactly intended to become a Voice for MC, but that seems to have happened, anyway. B) And at this point, I really wouldn't change a thing.

(Although if hubby'd go ahead and win big playing the lottery, I would quit my job. :smiley: )

Hello again and thx a lot for all the answers guys! I'm glad you liked the nickname, @egwarhammer :)
    I only have one little thing to ask because I'm not sure if I got it though...Once I add the mod to the game, will I still have to get the "Satellite Dish" and reload it every time I start my game? Wouldn't the mod cover the alien abductions by it self?
    Thank you all once more <3

I don't have the satellite. I have my abductions set on High and starting around 9pm, but even if I start them at 10 (default), the game will sometimes kick one off for me as soon as I zone into a home lot. Happened with Dennis yesterday. Little inconvenient because I wanted him to call Jasmine, but, we rolled with it and his new wife got buffed instead. ;)

Here are the default Occult settings:

"Occult_AbductionAges": "YA,A,E",
    "Occult_AbductionAllowNPC": false,
    "Occult_AbductionDuration": 6,
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyAges": "YA,A",
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyGenders": "M",
    "Occult_AbductionStartHour": 22,
    "Occult_AlienFrequency": "N",
    "Occult_ForceAlienDisguise": false,
    "Occult_MaximumAliens": -1,
    "Occult_TimeBetweenAbductions": 24,
    "Occult_TryForBabyPercent": 30,

Mine are a *little* different: (Just FYI)

"Occult_AbductionAges": "YA,A,E,T",
    "Occult_AbductionAllowNPC": true,
    "Occult_AbductionDuration": 9,
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyGenders": "M,F",
    "Occult_AbductionStartHour": 21,
    "Occult_AlienFrequency": "H",
    "Occult_ForceAlienDisguise": true,
    "Occult_TryForBabyPercent": 50,

And I'm about out of time before work. Back in the AM!
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    @egwarhammer Hello, this is my first time on this thread so I was wondering...Which files do I have to download in order to turn off alien abductions only? How does it work? Does it turn off alien abductions completely, and is it compatible with the last patch?
    I'm sorry for so many questions but I never installed a mod like this one before.
    Thank you <3

@wickedangell666 (interesting nickname, btw... I like it.) ;)

Hey, welcome! I'm glad to see your questions about alien abductions already answered.

Excellent timing on your part, yesterday I'd just asked, because I can already see how this week is gonna go, >.< for people to help "mind the store" here when I'm not around this week.

And I need to say thanks again to @Ulfric_Grimbrand and @Bloudwed because I couldn't have answered you as well as they did. :)

My work schedule is weird, basically on/off a week or so at a time, mostly 3rds but 2 2nd shifts a month. I love the 3rds, but when I'm doing 7 in a row, work/sleep is about all I have in me. And with the (dreaded because I don't like driving) school run back on my list, too... I'm wearing out faster than I'm liking. Two days back into "normal" and I came begging for help. LMAO!

My off weeks you'll see a LOT of me around here, and in MC's comments. And in the game, too.

You don't need to apologize for questions. That wasn't even "so many." :)

If you're worried about things the mod is doing, or might be, I suggest enabling Logging and setting it to Append. With it disabled, if something snags, you'll still get an error message, BUT it will be overwritten when you next load your game. Don't forget to look, is the moral of that story, I guess.

Mine's been enabled/appending since he turned it loose for us. I <3 my log!

I do, however, cut/paste it into different files (Not while the game's running!), when it gets big. I'm a serious details nerd, though. And a packrat.

Bug hunter, too. If there's been a way to break something in MC, I've generally been able to make it happen here.

And Deaderpool is VERY on top of things like patch-related updates. Proactive, too. When Relationship Culling landed with GT, I cruised by MC comments to ask about it, and found him already working on modding it right back out. I thought that was very cool.

I can't and won't play this game without MC (outside of testing). I wish everybody would try it. For those who do, I am absolutely willing to do what I can to help with getting it going. I wrote the Troubleshooter PDF to take care of several fireballs. I never exactly intended to become a Voice for MC, but that seems to have happened, anyway. B) And at this point, I really wouldn't change a thing.

(Although if hubby'd go ahead and win big playing the lottery, I would quit my job. :smiley: )

Hello again and thx a lot for all the answers guys! I'm glad you liked the nickname, @egwarhammer :)
    I only have one little thing to ask because I'm not sure if I got it though...Once I add the mod to the game, will I still have to get the "Satellite Dish" and reload it every time I start my game? Wouldn't the mod cover the alien abductions by it self?
    Thank you all once more <3

I don't have the satellite. I have my abductions set on High and starting around 9pm, but even if I start them at 10 (default), the game will sometimes kick one off for me as soon as I zone into a home lot. Happened with Dennis yesterday. Little inconvenient because I wanted him to call Jasmine, but, we rolled with it and his new wife got buffed instead. ;)

Here are the default Occult settings:

"Occult_AbductionAges": "YA,A,E",
    "Occult_AbductionAllowNPC": false,
    "Occult_AbductionDuration": 6,
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyGenders": "M",
    "Occult_AbductionStartHour": 22,
    "Occult_AlienFrequency": "N",
    "Occult_ForceAlienDisguise": false,
    "Occult_TryForBabyPercent": 30,

Mine are a *little* different: (Just FYI)

"Occult_AbductionAges": "YA,A,E,T",
    "Occult_AbductionAllowNPC": true,
    "Occult_AbductionDuration": 9,
    "Occult_AbductionPregnancyGenders": "M,F",
    "Occult_AbductionStartHour": 21,
    "Occult_AlienFrequency": "H",
    "Occult_ForceAlienDisguise": true,
    "Occult_TryForBabyPercent": 50,

And I'm about out of time before work. Back in the AM!

Okay, so I would have to change the occult settings to "abductions = 0", right? What about the abduction start hour, etc? I understand you haven't stopped abductions in your game, which is okay, but to me that's the main issue in GTW pack...I keep asking about the abductions stopping 100% if I have the mod, etc, because I haven't bought the pack yet and I'm considering buying it in case I can turn the abductions off, which for me is a big deal; If I can, would you mind telling me what settings I would have to change in the default mod? And if is possible to turn the abductions 100% without having to get the "satellite dish"? I'm sorry for keep asking stuff and thank you for your time :)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
    I only have a minute now. Fenncegirl there's something up with pregnancy/marriage in the mod. Manually split off your pregnancy runs and marriage runs so they happen on different nights. Set the Ages to the same values for both, during the marriage run. Then for the pregnancy run you can change things around.

It's temporary and I'll explain more in the morning. For now, both sets of ages have to be the same to work, I think. BUT, splitting the runs will let you get close to what you want.

Wicked, work looms. Check out the occult section on the description page, and feel free to ask in MC's comments. I'll have more in the morning for you, too, if you don't get it settled tonight.

But now I really gotta run. Have a great night, everybody! Sorry no tags, no time!!
    I only have a minute now. Fenncegirl there's something up with pregnancy/marriage in the mod. Manually split off your pregnancy runs and marriage runs so they happen on different nights. Set the Ages to the same values for both, during the marriage run. Then for the pregnancy run you can change things around.

It's temporary and I'll explain more in the morning. For now, both sets of ages have to be the same to work, I think. BUT, splitting the runs will let you get close to what you want.

Wicked, work looms. Check out the occult section on the description page, and feel free to ask in MC's comments. I'll have more in the morning for you, too, if you don't get it settled tonight.

But now I really gotta run. Have a great night, everybody! Sorry no tags, no time!!

Thank you! It still sounds like a bit of a hassle, but much easier than having to manually flag every sim I encounter. :)
  • ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    edited August 2016
    Apologies if this has already been asked and I didn't see it, but I'm having an issue with the marriage/pregnancy settings. I'd like to enable same-sex marriage but NOT same-sex pregnancy. I set "Partner Gender" to M and "Spouse Sim" to M/F, but realized as I watched marriages forming around town that only female sims were being chosen for marriage checks; all married couples were either female/female or female/male; there were no male/male couples forming.

I found that setting "Male Pregnancy" to true allowed male sims to be chosen for marriage checks, allowing male/male couples, so I set this to true and set "Same or Opposite Sex Only" to "Opposite" (only for pregnancy, not marriage) to prevent males from impregnating other males. That caused a different problem to arise - now women were sometimes impregnating men, when it should work the other way around.

The only workaround I've found to this so far is to manually set pregnancy flags for all townies, but doing so is a hassle, and many slip through the cracks.

Is there any way to change the settings to allow sims to marry regardless of gender but only allow pregnancy to work as it does in real life?

Would you consider adoption to "not be same-sex pregnancy"? That's the setting I have in my game.

Copy-pasting the relevant tweaks here:

"Marriage_AllowSameSex": true,
    "Marriage_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Marriage_SpouseGenders": "M,F",

"Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_AdoptionAges": "B,C,T",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": true,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Pregnancy_SameSexAdoptionPercent": 100,

"Woohoo_OppositeSexPregnantSim": "F",

The last part makes it so only females get pregnant.
    Would you consider adoption to "not be same-sex pregnancy"? That's the setting I have in my game.

Copy-pasting the relevant tweaks here:

"Marriage_AllowSameSex": true,
    "Marriage_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Marriage_SpouseGenders": "M,F",

"Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_AdoptionAges": "B,C,T",
    "Pregnancy_MalePregnancy": true,
    "Pregnancy_SameOppositeSexOnly": "",
    "Pregnancy_SameSexAdoptionPercent": 100,

"Woohoo_OppositeSexPregnantSim": "F",

The last part makes it so only females get pregnant.

That could work well - adoption is fine. Is there a way to set that last parameter from the in-game menu?
    fennecgirl wrote: »
    That could work well - adoption is fine. Is there a way to set that last parameter from the in-game menu?

You have to get the relevant module (mc_woohoo) for it, which is unfortunately on a site that I can't direct you to from here. You can find it linked in the beginning of the mod's main page though!

Thank you, I'll check the session out; In case you have some time in the morning I'd love to hear from you. ;)
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
    You have to get the relevant module (mc_woohoo) for it, which is unfortunately on a site that I can't direct you to from here. You can find it linked in the beginning of the mod's main page though!

That module is, uh, quite something. Hopefully no one's going to see my internet history now. XD Thanks for the info!
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    fennecgirl wrote: »

That module is, uh, quite something. Hopefully no one's going to see my internet history now. XD Thanks for the info!

That's why it is on another page entirely. Some things there is quite ... uuuuuhm..... offensive for many. But luckily it is easy to erase browsing history
    AMB.jpg
    edited August 2016
    @fennecgirl No problem!

I only have that modulr for setting up Risky Woohoo and to make it so only female townies get pregnant. :p

I wonder why the latter wasn't in mc_pregnancy though.
    Brief drop in, more later, just now home from work and have a school run incoming. After that, I'll be around for longer.

@fennecgirl

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5072262#post5072262

Here's the text, it's about that marriage/pregnancy snafu I mentioned.
    I think I just found something.

"Marriage_AgeToRun": "A,YA,E,T",
    "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A,YA",

I can't Mark (elder) Dennis Kim for Marriage with these settings.

*Edit: checked teens, same thing. No joy. (They have to take their chances with getting pregnant to get married?)
    /edit

Tried from the command line, which I had to use mc_help to look up, it's been so long...

I got the "MARK FOR MARRIAGE: Dennis can not be marked for pregnancy or marriage because he is not a valid age." popup when I tried it with mark_sim dennis kim m.

I knew it wouldn't work, since the option wasn't in the UI, just wondered what WOULD happen. Nothing (no error messages anywhere), and a new note for you.

Edit 2: I set both lines to all 4 ages. I have the alarms separated anyway (duh), next is Marriage only. I won't get to it till after while, but I'll let you know what happens. Hopefully no pregnancies.
    /edit 2

DP responded saying he'd check it. And the marriage run did what it should, no pregnancies.

More when I get home from going around the world (school run feels like that).

Took too long last night to find the post I wanted to share here.
    Back with goodies, here's a picture showing all the MC UI options you see on the computer or (in world) slablet, and also, the UI Mailbox Cheats menu:

@cshaner I've been wondering how you've been doing with settings? :)

I'll be around for a couple of hours. B)

t8t7au.jpg
    @wickedangell666 and @fennecgirl

Just wanted to let you know, I posted some of your questions for Deaderpool at MC this morning.

I really don't know about the satellite dish being a requirement for no abductions. I would *think* the setting should do it, but since I'm not sure, I asked. I didn't even know it was available to non-scientists.

As far as the age thing being weird with Pregnancy and Marriage, that's something to do with Deaderpool splitting them up recently. It all used to be under Pregnancy, the Marriage subsection is newer. It looks to ME (and remember I'm no coder) like the mod is still preferring the Pregnancy ages settings, even when it should be checking the Marriage ages settings instead.

That's why I suggested using manually entered days for Pregnancy and Marriage alarms, and having them on separate nights. Here's what mine are, right now:

"Marriage_DaysToRun": "TU,FR",
    "Pregnancy_DaysToRun": "WE,SU",

And of course move-in is on SA. I haven't used this setup long, but so far, I'm really liking how it's working.

This way, you can set your ages to whoever you want to get married before that alarm. As long as the age settings are the same for both pregnancy and marriage, if only marriage is selected to run, pregnancies won't happen. After the marriage alarm, you can set your pregnancy ages/genders to whatever you want for THAT alarm.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a fix for this before long. It isn't throwing errors, so IMO not hotfix-worthy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something in the next version for it. Not that he's said anything other than he'd check it. He doesn't tell me everything he's doing... I'd rather he be doing it, than writing it down for me, you know? :wink:

Got a reply from DP on the same sex question, here's what he said, which I think is pretty much what @ScalesofGrey suggested, also. :)
    I could see several ways to do it. Just set Same Sex Adoption to 100% and then SS couples will just use adoption all the time for pregnancy. That's what they're wanting...how it works in RL, and that's how it works in RL. Otherwise, if they want SS marriage but NO pregnancy/adoption with SS couples, then change the Pregnancy "Same Sex/Opposite Sex Only" flag to "Opposite Sex Only".

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5076468#post5076468
    Also, @Ulfric_Grimbrand was right about the satellite dish, you DO need it, @wickedangell666 .

Another tidbit for you guys who don't frequent MTS... update incoming soon, mostly for bug fixing. Sounds like he wants to knock those out so he can get back to adding more fun stuff. LOL!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5076475#post5076475
    Thanks a lot @egwarhammer for answering my questions. Is good to know I'd have to get the satellite dish anyway even with the mod, so now I'll consider if is worth buying GTW or not. :)
    Is there a way I can also talk to Deaderpool in case I have any other questions? Thank you again, you were very nice <3
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited August 2016
    ...Is there a way I can also talk to Deaderpool in case I have any other questions? ...

You have to register at Mod the Sims = MTS (Link) to post comments on the MCCC wall. Deaderpool answers almost every question here.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I just checked my population and I'm up to 178 Sims! Does something happen if I cross the magical 210 limit?
    imhappy wrote: »
    I just checked my population and I'm up to 178 Sims! Does something happen if I cross the magical 210 limit?

Sim culling, if you don't have it disabled in settings, under Population.

If you want to leave it enabled, you can flag sims you want to keep with the No Cull/Never Cull flag, from the sim MC Flags menu.

No 2.14 yet. Already checked... just woke up.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ...Is there a way I can also talk to Deaderpool in case I have any other questions? ...

You have to register at Mod the Sims = MTS (Link) to post comments on the MCCC wall. Deaderpool answers almost every question here.

Thank you, @Bonxie I'll register and talk directly to him as well. Loved your hair btw :)
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
    edited August 2016
    And once again, @Bonxie <3 picks up the Cheerleader's "slack" :) ... @wickedangell666 I was going to tell you that Deaderpool is VERY easy to talk to. He doesn't mind questions.

Gets a little tired of the SAME question being asked over and over again (people don't read, y'know... :p ), but, who wouldn't? He's nice.

I got distracted by a help question in another thread, new player to modding having broken cc issues. You know me and new players, had to try to help. :blush:

Edit: btw, if you're using MTS mods, you've already registered there. Just go to the comments link in @Bonxie 's post. :)
    And once again, @Bonxie <3 picks up the Cheerleader's "slack" :) ... @wickedangell666 I was going to tell you that Deaderpool is VERY easy to talk to. He doesn't mind questions.

Gets a little tired of the SAME question being asked over and over again (people don't read, y'know... :p ), but, who wouldn't? He's nice.

I got distracted by a help question in another thread, new player to modding having broken cc issues. You know me and new players, had to try to help. :blush:

Edit: btw, if you're using MTS mods, you've already registered there. Just go to the comments link in @Bonxie 's post. :)

Thank you again. I just found out I do have a registration but it was made a while ago so my username is different, I might get a new one. I understand you get lots of questions and so does Deaderpool, so is okay :)
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
    edited August 2016

Thank you again. I just found out I do have a registration but it was made a while ago so my username is different, I might get a new one. I understand you get lots of questions and so does Deaderpool, so is okay :)

:) He's a saint. I don't handle annoyance nearly as well as he does. Haha!

TBH mine usually originates IRL and might escalate over something posted, though... I'm human. <shrug> The posts that bother me on their own generally fall into the "if you can't say something nice..." category, not rerun question posts.

I do have a lot of patience for new mod/game questions, but if I don't have a lot of TIME (work weeks, like this one), I'm more inclined to be a little more abrupt, like, go read this <link>. You know? Rather than dress it up with a wall of sunshine and roses text. Which I love to do when I DO have time. Wait till next week. LOL!

This is how I look at it. There are 13,000+ posts now in MC's comments. Unless it's totally new behavior (following a game patch or mod update), there's a pretty good chance my question may have already been asked. If you have a decent term/keyword, try the comments Search box, too. You might get lucky.

However, I was looking earlier for something about the "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "A,YA,T,E", setting and did NOT find the post just by using Pregnancy in the box. So, it's pretty string-specific, just wanted to mention that.

I'm not saying don't ask your question. I am saying, everybody going there should browse at least the page you land on. Lately we've seen a LOT of people asking a question after Deaderpool had just answered it a post or two beforehand. *I* would find that annoying. Glad y'all don't do me that way here. :)

Edit: And if you DO this, and find your answer, I bet a "came here for help, found it in (link) post, thanks!" post would probably tickle him. :)

Work prep approaches...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top