Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Who's the other parent and where are they?

I have no idea who the other parent is as she is a townie in Windenburg

I only saw the notice

Would you happen to have any earlier saves, from when she's still pregnant and living in the house with other sims? I'd love to see it, if you do.

I'm not sure I could find out from a current save, that's why I'm asking. (I have a BUNCH of save files.)
    Here is the save with Jade still in the house. It's confusing to me maybe you will know what happened. In the notifications I don't see anything about her becoming pregnant. I did see a notice that Kaydence Rocca was pregnant so wouldn't Jade have had to have been pregnant around the same time for there to have been too many sims in the household? When I got the notice that she had 0 male babies I looked at the household and there was only 3 other sims living there. In my current save Paolo Rocca is married to an elderly sim who has since died and he married Bella Goth. He and his son moved in with her.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?uaxo77h78bmujkb
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

I only saw the notice

Would you happen to have any earlier saves, from when she's still pregnant and living in the house with other sims? I'd love to see it, if you do.

I'm not sure I could find out from a current save, that's why I'm asking. (I have a BUNCH of save files.)
    Here is the save with Jade still in the house. It's confusing to me maybe you will know what happened. In the notifications I don't see anything about her becoming pregnant. I did see a notice that Kaydence Rocca was pregnant so wouldn't Jade have had to have been pregnant around the same time for there to have been too many sims in the household? When I got the notice that she had 0 male babies I looked at the household and there was only 3 other sims living there. In my current save Paolo Rocca is married to an elderly sim who has since died and he married Bella Goth. He and his son moved in with her.

Cool! Something fun for later. :)

I need to grab a nap, but later this evening, I'll definitely look around the file and see what I can get ol' Jade to tell us.

Thanks! :smiley:
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Does MC need to be updated with the newest patch? Cause since I patched, I can't get MC commands to open from a sim.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Does MC need to be updated with the newest patch? Cause since I patched, I can't get MC commands to open from a sim.

If your mod is older than August1 then you need to update.
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

If your mod is older than August1 then you need to update.

Nope. I have that one.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Hello!
    The patch disables all mods, and you need to reenable them.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options

I only saw the notice

Jade isn't pregnant in this save. Do you have an earlier one where she is? I'd need that, to see what happened with the other parent.

You have a lot of cc, don't you? LOL! I looked around a little bit... lots of bald half or fully naked sims running loose. Hahaha! (And I have "details" stuff in... :p )

What other mods do you play with? Curiosity, I'm always on the hunt for things people can verify work with MC.

How do you have time to do things playing on Normal aging? (Seriously.) That would scare me to death. :smiley:

If Kaydence and Jade and Eva were all pregnant at the same time, Eva's having triplets, isn't she? (Looked, but briefly.) I'm guessing since I don't know the real timeline yet, but I'm also wondering why Jade lost a birth. It might be because there was already a baby there. It might be because her partner got culled, if you have that enabled.

Biggest crock ever, but if the Other Parent is culled, that WILL abort a pregnancy. Imagine if real life was like that, how devastating that would be to pregnant widows. I realllllllllly wish they'd change how that works.

I had the thought because Jade doesn't have romantic bars with anybody that I saw. Is it possible?
  • Options
    If any of you use UI Cheats, Morphar posted to MC's comments that the patch broke it, some kind of Phone failure.

Weerbesu's supposed to update it today. Just passing it on! :)
  • Options
    Update on that matter: it HAS been updated, so he was fast in doing so. :)
  • Options
    itsug wrote: »

Wow, that was quick! Thanks. :)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    If any of you use UI Cheats, Morphar posted to MC's comments that the patch broke it, some kind of Phone failure.

Weerbesu's supposed to update it today. Just passing it on! :)

Aaahh, good to know it was this mod, saves me having to check it myself, lol.
    itsug wrote: »

Awesome!! Can't play without this mod or MC!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    So on that note, when a patch breaks a mod do I have to delete the mod from the Sims 4 Mods folder and download and install the new version? Or can I drop the new one in the folder and it will overwrite? What is best practice here?

Thanks by the way for all you do for the community!!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    Best way is to always delete the old mod, since the new version might have a different name then the old mod, and a conflict might occur.
  • Options
    I sorta thought that may be the case! Thanks for confirming!!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    You're welcome!
    Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    cshaner wrote: »
    So on that note, when a patch breaks a mod do I have to delete the mod from the Sims 4 Mods folder and download and install the new version? Or can I drop the new one in the folder and it will overwrite? What is best practice here?

Thanks by the way for all you do for the community!!

:blush:

Sometimes things happen that aren't normal. Like, when GT broke Dresser, we were without it for 2-3 mod versions. We had people leaving the last working copy of it in, because they were just copying new files (no Dresser included) and pasting them over. Fine for current stuff, but that 2-version-ago Dresser file was fouling up things.

That's when I switched over from copy/paste to telling people to delete all the previous version's .package and .ts4script files (but keep everything else) and drop the new ones in the folder.

Related thing happened recently, when Deaderpool renamed the mc_appearance module to mc_cas. If someone left their old appearance file in and added the new cas file too, that'd be another meltdown. (Had one person thank me for mentioning that, BEFORE it caused them an issue.)

Best practice for any mod, IMO, is to delete the old PROGRAM files, but I'd think you could usually keep any related config files. Creators should have directions posted if there's anything "tricky" involved.
  • Options
    @egwarhammer My menus are working again. :) I've yet to test and make sure sims can get pregnant (that is my concern now. I know ya'll said 2.13.0 module works with 2.13.1 MCCC, but I will admit, I'm a little nervous. But that's cause I'm a nervous nelly.). Thank you for checking up today.

I won't be able to go in game and check things out until maybe this afternoon. We started the kids homeschooling this year and today is day two, so we're still trying to get in our groove. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @egwarhammer thank you for that thoughtful explanation.

I'm so new to the mods side of the game but finding them utterly necessary for the stories I want to tell!! Thanks again for all you do for this community!!
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Good morning,

I've deleted and installed the new version. I did save my old mc settings congfig thingy. If I drop that back in and replace the new one, will there be a loud explosion? :D In other words, will that make all my options choices be there? Or maybe there is something in the new config that needs to be in the new version and shouldn't be overwritten? I've had a gander at both of them in Notepad, but it's a bit hard with so much text. I get text overload, thank the Giant Plumbob that there are such wonderful beings as coders.

Loving the program, BTW, thanks for all the game enjoyment, to you and your overlord, lol.
  • Options
    Good morning,

I've deleted and installed the new version. I did save my old mc settings congfig thingy. If I drop that back in and replace the new one, will there be a loud explosion? :D In other words, will that make all my options choices be there? Or maybe there is something in the new config that needs to be in the new version and shouldn't be overwritten? I've had a gander at both of them in Notepad, but it's a bit hard with so much text. I get text overload, thank the Giant Plumbob that there are such wonderful beings as coders.

Loving the program, BTW, thanks for all the game enjoyment, to you and your overlord, lol.

First, a "FYI" cool website thingie tip... http://prettydiff.com/

Next time you want to compare 2 files, use that. It's neat!

Now... to answer you REALLY (sleep-foggy still, rolled out about 10 minutes ago)... well, question first. You moved 12 out (with config) before you installed 13? So you have your 12 file and a default 13 file, right?

I'd just move the new default one out, change its name (like 213.mc_settings.cfg to make it easy to spot) and hang onto it, you might want to see what a setting starts as, sometime.

Then drop the one you've been using back into your new folder. When you start the game, if anything in it needs updated, the mod will take care of it. It WOULD be a good idea to browse the change log at MC to see what's new, and, in the game you should go through the UI menus to make sure your settings (old and new) are where you want them.

I'll make more sense once I've had more caffeine. C'mon, Pepsi! :smiley:
  • Options

I only saw the notice

Jade isn't pregnant in this save. Do you have an earlier one where she is? I'd need that, to see what happened with the other parent.

You have a lot of cc, don't you? LOL! I looked around a little bit... lots of bald half or fully naked sims running loose. Hahaha! (And I have "details" stuff in... :p )

What other mods do you play with? Curiosity, I'm always on the hunt for things people can verify work with MC.

How do you have time to do things playing on Normal aging? (Seriously.) That would scare me to death. :smiley:

If Kaydence and Jade and Eva were all pregnant at the same time, Eva's having triplets, isn't she? (Looked, but briefly.) I'm guessing since I don't know the real timeline yet, but I'm also wondering why Jade lost a birth. It might be because there was already a baby there. It might be because her partner got culled, if you have that enabled.

Biggest crock ever, but if the Other Parent is culled, that WILL abort a pregnancy. Imagine if real life was like that, how devastating that would be to pregnant widows. I realllllllllly wish they'd change how that works.

I had the thought because Jade doesn't have romantic bars with anybody that I saw. Is it possible?
    I have the option for culling set to disabled.. no culling lol
    I don't have an earlier save guess it got overwritten. I think its odd there isn't a notice that she is pregnant. Maybe a glitch. yes I do have a lot of cc lol. I don't have that many mods just the mc command center, Shimrods all beds same energy, comfort, Snaitf disable autonomous mourning and UI cheats..
  • Options
    I have the option for culling set to disabled.. no culling lol
    I don't have an earlier save guess it got overwritten. I think its odd there isn't a notice that she is pregnant. Maybe a glitch. yes I do have a lot of cc lol. I don't have that many mods just the mc command center, Shimrods all beds same energy, comfort, Snaitf disable autonomous mourning and UI cheats..

Did you update UI Cheats after the patch?

I don't use any of the others. Is the mourning one still working okay? I looked at it for someone else and noticed it's pretty old. Just curious.
  • Options
    Oops, messed up quoting on that one. :smiley:

I wanted to put this in its own message anyway... if any of you are missing, or would be interested in, a Mod Conflict Detector program, I put a not-hacked copy of Scumbumbo's from my Downloads folder on Mediafire, here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?o2e4k8y6b07krzu

I have the last version, I just downloaded it well before it was hacked.

I would consider it unsupported, I can't help you with it... but I did want to make it available for those willing to give it a try.

Use at your own risk... but it seems to be working here, I just don't have a lot to test it with.

• Options
    MARISSASRMARISSASR Posts: 14 New Member
    Can someone please help explain to me how the relationship decay settings work? I installed the MC Command center and I see a button for "relationships" and have the ability to add and set certain sims to primary and secondary, but I really don't get what this means. And I've seen multiple comments about adjusting decay settings but have seen no instructions on how to do so. I'm really lost and getting frustrated with the rate of decay in relationships in my Sims' houses.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top