Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    GrandJury wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    GrandJury wrote: »
    God.

Hoping that was the animated render for the Seasons launch screen. Please. There simply CANNOT be another plum stuff pack right now, we JUST got one.

Praying it's Seasons..
    688640_music-britney-spears-britney-behind-the-scenes-in-the-zone-praying-in-the-zone-and-out-all-night.gif

Lol wut? What part of "it's a SP" do you not understand? It's in the teaser.

We don't even know if it's official let alone a SP so simmer down.

It was released by Sims Italian Facebook page. If it's not official someone needs to get fired over at EA Italy because that would be very bad marketing.

And Backyard stuff was leaked earlier on as being a SP.

Don't worry, a SimGuru will come in here and tell us not to believe anything that doesn't come from EARS...

I am still having a hard time believing this is the teaser, it's just a complete joke if it is. Why released a 3 month "teaser" for a $10 Stuff Pack, that would be a complete waste of time on their end and on ours. Hopefully a guru will get in here and answer the questions, someone needs to explain what exactly we are supposed to expect seeing as the teaser created from our feedback doesn't.

So much for @SimGuruDrake telling us that pages like that only know about the content they are promoting at that time.

This again shows that it's compleely not true and they know what's coming in the future before it's even announced. So I do believe toddlers aren't coming soon, since that's what the previous ''facebook chat leak'' also mentioned.

But hey; the only credible source are the simguru's themselves, right? Lol.

Sometimes I wonder who their spindoctor is.

I don't mean this as malicious or anything but I get the impression not even @SimGuruDrake gets the whole picture.

She's on a need to know basis. She comes into work and is told what to say and do on that day, meanwhile countries across the world have more information than her. It is very sad to see this company run like this.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    Man a stuff pack again, i expected a EP.
    I like stuff packs but we get too many of them.

Could still be an EP this quarter, just not quite yet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I'm not yet jumping into any conclusions, since this is only a leak. It may very well be the real thing, but it doesn't necessarily explain everything, and it probably doesn't include everything either, if it's part of the seasonal future content video... (Hopefully, anyway.)

I think I'd be a tad bit disappointed if we got another Stuff Pack that just focused on more outdoor decor. If it came with more activities, though, that wouldn't be so bad.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    It would be nice if kids could run a lemonade stand with this SP. :) The more stuff we get for kids, the more I am interested in playing families!

I am eager for an EP announcement though. D:
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    It'll be hilarious if when 1PM EST/ 10AM PST rolls around and the teaser is the exact same thing...
    That'd be upsetting...
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is it really just a bigger umbrella table? I mean is that really a new mesh or a reworked one? Know what I mean? Take a couch and make the mesh bigger sort of thing. I don't know I was expecting a trailer with the EP and whatever else like maybe a SP in the trailer, too. Is that all that is coming out in the next three months? A stuff pack? Where is the EP teaser?

It's a safe bet we will not see an EP until Oct-Dec. Unless they have more to this than what meets the eye, it looks as though we will just get one SP over the next 3 months. These people really need better management if that turns out to be the case.

Depends what else we get, I suppose. We seem to get more that's patched in than we used to. But this doesn't feel at all like the previous seasonal teaser, so I don't think it's that. It feels like a day-before-an-SP-announcement teaser, which wouldn't include other content in the quarter.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    It'll be hilarious if when 1PM EST/ 10AM PST rolls around and the teaser is the exact same thing...
    That'd be upsetting...

If it is or isn't it would at least be official.

Disappointing if it is what it appears to be, but at least official.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I spotted :
    - A picnic basket
    - A new hairstyle on the guy with the green top
    - A hairstyle converted from adults on the child
    - Lemonade
    - Thinking about birds

I just mentioned on Twitter Sunday about the possibility the picnic basket will return with this pack.

I hope this video isn't a fake.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    So I guess this what we have to look forward to
    The next few months....lemonade....lol wow and just when you think they couldn't sink any lower.

SimGuruDrake is awfully quiet all of a sudden lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Jerrello wrote: »
    So I guess this what we have to look forward to
    The next few months....lemonade....lol wow and just when you think they couldn't sink any lower.

SimGuruDrake is awfully quiet all of a sudden lol.

It's not 9 a.m. yet in California, and it's the first day back from a long weekend.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2016
    It's official no EP03 the 2 next months (August and September).

Next possible announcement at the Gamescom on August 17th for a release date in October or November.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited July 2016
    This is really odd... they've never done a "teaser trailer" like this before for a Stuff Pack, right? We've never gotten a render video before.... it was usually just a few seconds of game play... so this is the "teaser" trailer for... the next 3 months then?

:/ I hear laughter, talking, (seems like... there could be "activities/objects" that they're doing but not showing.) That's what I'm hoping for.. as I would love some back yard activities for the family to enjoy together, etc... but I was hoping they'd show it more like.. how they did with the first trailer, don't get me wrong, I think this is really pretty... but it seems like it's the render for the "backyard stuff" and not... a teaser trailer for the "next content to come", thing..

But I am sure, an hour from now, this will be the trailer they show. Because I can't remember what trailer it was that got "leaked" from the other EA officials, but it was the same trailer that was released in the US. :(

I'd be alright with this... if they would just *answer* questions when we asked them.. about trailers like this.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    qpmomma wrote: »
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    OMG I JUST SAW A TODDLER! OMG A NEW TODDLER UPCOMING TEASER! OMG!

Then we had toddlers back in 2014

Party pooper! lol

Besides if it had been a toddler it would be nutty to see the bassinet as babies can only stay in a bassinet for about 3 months or they will tumble out of it once they learn to roll over. They are not safe for babies past 3 months of age.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    familysimfamilysim Posts: 21 Member
    am i the only one who thinks the baby looked strange? usually they are laying down when being held but this one was sorta sitting up....maybe it was wishful thinking....?
  • Options
    It's official no EP03 the 2 next months.

Next possible announcement at the Gamescom on August 17th for a release date in October or November.

How is it official? We don't even know if this is a whole-season teaser trailer.

Not that I expect an EP before Holiday Shopping Season (so, October-November-December), but still. This reads to me as nothing but "we're going to drop an SP announcement tomorrow," same as we've had since before the seasonal trailers. So there still could be a seasonal trailer with a September EP release announcement. I just doubt it. And I doubt there's a GP so soon after the June one either. I do think there could still be a seasonal trailer with more than the one SP in it. (Personally, I could live with just one SP and something free for a while, because I'm already way behind on new gameplay and it's go-outside-more season. But that's just me)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    And we don't know if the EPs will appear in the quartely teaser, we haven't got one with an EP yet, so we don't know
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It's official no EP03 the 2 next months (August and September).

I'm not thinking it's official no EP this quarter -- just not ready to make an announcement. They could tease it end of the month, make a bigger presentation (perhaps with actual game play) at Gamescom, then release in time for the 2nd anniversary of Sims 4 in early September. If this is official, they probably put it together fast because the pack was already leaked.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @luthienrising

I feel like GP03 Dine Out.
    The Sims Studio is working on something similar to the Gender Patch, EP03 won't be announced soon.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Why are we getting a teaser for this already? Is it coming next week?

Either way it looks meh.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm guessing this is just a promo shot for the upcoming quarterly teaser. Like with movies now, you have a teaser image for the teaser trailer that eventually becomes a real trailer......so much hype but since we have become a society intent on instant and constant gratification and consumption, it's what they have to do. They can't give all of it to us at once, otherwise once they do that they questions of "what's next" will start popping up the next day, 89 days away from the next quarter starting.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited July 2016
    It looks like it's a part of something bigger than a backyard like a season than again it maybe backyard.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I keep minimising my game to check and still no news agh!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I keep minimising my game to check and still no news agh!

Right if I dont get word from the Sims News than I'll assume it's speculation
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @stilljustme2 @luthienrising

Previously EPs were announced at least 2 months before the release date on the 1st Wednesday of the month.

EP01 Get To Work, on Wednesday February 4th
    EP02 Get Together, Gamescom on Wednesday August 5th