Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Is it really just a bigger umbrella table? I mean is that really a new mesh or a reworked one? Know what I mean? Take a couch and make the mesh bigger sort of thing. I don't know I was expecting a trailer with the EP and whatever else like maybe a SP in the trailer, too. Is that all that is coming out in the next three months? A stuff pack? Where is the EP teaser?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    no lounge chairs :(
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hopefully @SimGuruDrake will come along and squash this cause it's terrible.

The video looks very off that yard thing looks photo shopped on.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is it really just a bigger umbrella table? I mean is that really a new mesh or a reworked one? Know what I mean? Take a couch and make the mesh bigger sort of thing. I don't know I was expecting a trailer with the EP and whatever else like maybe a SP in the trailer, too. Is that all that is coming out in the next three months? A stuff pack? Where is the EP teaser?

It's a safe bet we will not see an EP until Oct-Dec. Unless they have more to this than what meets the eye, it looks as though we will just get one SP over the next 3 months. These people really need better management if that turns out to be the case.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    GrandJury wrote: »
    God.

Hoping that was the animated render for the Seasons launch screen. Please. There simply CANNOT be another plum stuff pack right now, we JUST got one.

Praying it's Seasons..
    688640_music-britney-spears-britney-behind-the-scenes-in-the-zone-praying-in-the-zone-and-out-all-night.gif

Lol wut? What part of "it's a SP" do you not understand? It's in the teaser.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    God.

Hoping that was the animated render for the Seasons launch screen. Please. There simply CANNOT be another plum stuff pack right now, we JUST got one.

Praying it's Seasons..
    688640_music-britney-spears-britney-behind-the-scenes-in-the-zone-praying-in-the-zone-and-out-all-night.gif

We don't even know if it's official let alone a SP so simmer down.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited July 2016
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Wheres the rest of it?

It's just a teaser. SPs always have a fuller trailer as well.

The last teaser had two packs, I mean.

I don't think this is the quarterly teaser. It looks nothing like the last quarterly teaser. I don't think it's even made by EA. Looks like a main menu animated render that someone has found/leaked with music added to it.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Also, This "teaser" used music from sims 2, Right? So far they've used new/original music for all their teasers/trailers....

And as always, unless it comes from the official Sims page, it's best to assume its NOT real

That is untrue. Especially when it comes to SP's.

Well when have they used music from previous sims games? I feel like I would have noticed it when they did....

(not trying to be rude and challenge you, I'm honestly curious)

Cool Kitchen SP trailer and Kids Room SP both used Sims 3 music. And no you pretty much haven't noticed.

Some teasers have featured TS2 music about 2 perhaps more. One had my favourite song from the Salsa station also used on Kitchen and Bath Stuff.

Well alright, I was wrong about the music

I'm still incredibly suspicious of this. I think it's just a leaked render (possibly altered or photoshopped) that they're trying to pass off as the teaser... Based on the last one, The actual teaser would show a few more animations, maybe a few more items and hopefully more than one SP..... But that's just my theory
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    God.

Praying it's Seasons..

It was released by Sims Italian Facebook page. If it's not official someone needs to get fired over at EA Italy because that would be very bad marketing.

And Backyard stuff was leaked earlier on as being a SP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited July 2016
    ladybreid wrote: »

The picture with the pitcher of lemonade looks funny to me, like it doesn't belong in her hand. Or it's like someone pasted it on there in Photo Shop but most people are better at photo shopping stuff like that than this looks to me. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    edited July 2016
    ladybreid wrote: »

this IS there video, simplicity and sleek. and boring at the same time.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    WHAT THE..!
    Backyard stuff pack? For real?
    Are you kidding.......................?
    Maybe there are.. or should be.. more... to come, right?
    It's good that there is not much info about it, yet.
  • GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    God.

Praying it's Seasons..

It was released by Sims Italian Facebook page. If it's not official someone needs to get fired over at EA Italy because that would be very bad marketing.

grand.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    I would also love to see lounge chairs and my sims relaxing on them. I mean, why aren't there lovely lounge chairs in the base game!!?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    God.

Praying it's Seasons..

Don't worry, a SimGuru will come in here and tell us not to believe anything that doesn't come from EARS...

I am still having a hard time believing this is the teaser, it's just a complete joke if it is. Why released a 3 month "teaser" for a $10 Stuff Pack, that would be a complete waste of time on their end and on ours. Hopefully a guru will get in here and answer the questions, someone needs to explain what exactly we are supposed to expect seeing as the teaser created from our feedback doesn't.
    I have to say I'm pretty dissapointed with this pack. With so many themes/rooms they still have left to focus on, I don't see why they chose to repeat the 'outdoorsy' theme they've already done twice before.

I'm hoping this isn't all that's coming over the next few months and that we get a proper teaser over the next few weeks. I'm hoping the theme of the next EP is revealed soon, I'm so ready for a new one!

If this is it that means nothing new like an EP until a teaser in Oct. this is getting so boring just waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing to do but buy stuff packs.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2016
    God.

Praying it's Seasons..

Don't worry, a SimGuru will come in here and tell us not to believe anything that doesn't come from EARS...

I am still having a hard time believing this is the teaser, it's just a complete joke if it is. Why released a 3 month "teaser" for a $10 Stuff Pack, that would be a complete waste of time on their end and on ours. Hopefully a guru will get in here and answer the questions, someone needs to explain what exactly we are supposed to expect seeing as the teaser created from our feedback doesn't.

So much for @SimGuruDrake telling us that pages like that only know about the content they are promoting at that time.

This again shows that it's compleely not true and they know what's coming in the future before it's even announced. So I do believe toddlers aren't coming soon, since that's what the previous ''facebook chat leak'' also mentioned.

But hey; the only credible source are the simguru's themselves, right? Lol.

Sometimes I wonder who their spindoctor is.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    God.

Praying it's Seasons..

So much for @SimGuruDrake telling us that pages like that only know about the content they are promoting at that time.

This again shows that it's compleely not true and they know what's coming in the future before it's even announced. So I do believe toddlers aren't coming soon, since that's what the previous ''facebook chat leak'' also mentioned.

But hey; the only credible source are the simguru's themselves, right? Lol.

Sometimes I wonder who their spindoctor is.

Yes, like that Spanish site was right about Dine Out long before gurus told us. It seems these marketing face book sites which call themselves Sims Gurus actually do know stuff long before they are allowed to say it. But this guy just went ahead and put it out there then going on vacation for two months. lol
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited July 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have to say I'm pretty dissapointed with this pack. With so many themes/rooms they still have left to focus on, I don't see why they chose to repeat the 'outdoorsy' theme they've already done twice before.

I'm hoping this isn't all that's coming over the next few months and that we get a proper teaser over the next few weeks. I'm hoping the theme of the next EP is revealed soon, I'm so ready for a new one!

If this is it that means nothing new like an EP until a teaser in Oct. this is getting so boring just waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing to do but buy stuff packs.

I completely agree. The huge gaps between packs are annoying, I think there was 10 months between Spa Day and Dine out? And only 2/3 of the stuff packs have actually caught my interest, making the wait between EPs and GPs even more unbearable.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Looks like lemonade. Great that's what this game needs, more drinks.....

Too much to hope that a lemonade stand for the kids could be a gameplay object?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited July 2016
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    I don't know why some of you are acting lIke this is fake. How many times has a non-NA Sims team leaked something that looked incredibly dubious but ended up being real? They clearly don't care about the ridiculous politics over at EA and good on them.

But I'm incredibly disappointed in what looks like a repeat SP. Gardens and Backyard again? How about sports? Content for teens or elders? Grocery shopping? Video game consoles still aren't in, burglars still aren't in, instead there might be nannies? Really? A mod called Smarter Baby Care is my nanny because taking care of babies is literally 2 clicks.

EP3 better blow my mind cause this is disappointing to say the least.

I don't think this is necessarily fake. The render *looks* legit enough... I just doubt this is the quarterly teaser

Its just easier to keep expectations/hopes/rumors in check when you assume these non-official leaks are exactly that.... Non-official and therefore not (yet) legitimate
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~