Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,325 Member
    edited January 2016
    @nickibitsward @SweetieKaye

Latest patch 1.69.43, by pushing Play button

That's why they add the "Expansion and Stuff Pack" Manager in order to disable packs.

screen39.jpg

I did not install that update and don't intend to. I have no idea why, after so many years, would EA all of a sudden start telling us to only play with the base and one or two EP's. Doesn't make sense unless they are trying to scare us into playing Sims 4. (already bought it, played it).

I don't think because The Sims 3 is one of the major argue of Origin Access subscription.
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    What difference does it make if player A thinks 4 is better and player B thinks 3 is better? What about the ones who think 1 or 2 is the best?

It doesn't matter. It was just the topic of conversation created by the OP. :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    What difference does it make if player A thinks 4 is better and player B thinks 3 is better? What about the ones who think 1 or 2 is the best?

Yes, last May......and the debate goes on.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member

Yes, but if the forums weren't so dead I doubt these same old topics would keep getting resurrected.
  • Options

Yes, but if the forums weren't so dead I doubt these same old topics would keep getting resurrected.

Yes....too bad people resurrect old threads that have the potential to drag in the drama rather than start a new less volatile thread. This place sometimes reminds me of reality TV. The more fights there are the more viewers tune in.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Other reasons I dislike TS4 include:
    • Culling of sims (kills the family tree and the social interactions)
    • No Toddlers (newborn to 9 year old in seconds!)
    • No Pools or Dishwashers at launch (and you guys thought that no diving boards was bad)
    • Lack of Open World (makes the game feel extremely restrictive and boring)
    • Lack of Create-A-Style (KILLS building and furnishing, yet still performance issues?)
    • Loading Screens Galore! (Even to get to your nextdoor neighbour's house, even though all the furniture is clearly already loaded up inside)
    • Bad Choices for EPs (Don't add Aliens before toddlers plz.....)
    • STILL no base game Seasons or Pets (I understand that they take a long time to make, but they could've at least developed on TS4 for longer)

Hang on. Need to go stop my hands from shaking and fix my Repetitive Strain Injury.

I find it rather hypocritical
    • Culling: a good thing, Random NPC homeless townies were culled by using Twallan's mod in TS3 because they were a big annoyance
    • Toddler: another big annoyance in TS3, crying all the time everywhere in the world.
    • Pool and Dishwasher are free and include to the TS4 basegame, your argue is a non sense. TS3 didn't get Tattoos, Body hair, Create A creature or Dryer/Washer at the launch.
    • Open buggy and unstable world, endless world loading, endless world saving and Error 12. Your sims were prisoner of an unique world.
    • Create A Style and slow texture loading and overloaded memory
    • Objects Loading galore in TS3, you spend your time to wait about 5min before all the objects are loaded, it's worst if you switch between 8 sims in different places.
    • Bad choices: Let's talk about the annoying mummy and useless simbot, people complained so much they did plumbot.
    • Seasons or Pets ? Seriously you want it without toddler ?
    You do realize a lot of what you say here doesn't make any sense to a lot of simmers? Most open worlds work perfectly fine for me (except for Bridgeport, IP and China; they need help), my game loads in four minutes, saving takes about ten seconds, I never encountered error 12, texture and objects load immediately, I like the mummies (I'll grant you the simbot :s ) and just look at this prisoner:

Zwerver_850_zpsqceftvzx.png

Of course it depends on your computer, but I don't quite get why it's hypocritical to not have the issues you mention and to not find toddlers annoying.

Visit MTS to get the fixed worlds from the modder. She fixed the most of the worlds' routing issues which are causing 99% of problems in BP. It's lag free. I didn't even have error 12 ever, or anything like that. I did get some bugs as we all did that needed patches. But honestly, I could play TS3 on my very old machine which was only 2.4 ghz dual AMD processors and XP (at the time) and the Radieon X1300 video card. Granted I turned down how far I could see etc. However, even on a different machine years later I was able to play it with five or so EPs on my recently old machine of 3.4 ghz AMD dual processors and what is now (but not then) and old HD ATI 5450 card. I haven't installed all my EPs yet for TS3 (in my new machine this year) but I have no doubt it won't lag on this one, either since it's not that old of technology maybe just a year old in technology with processors and card this time. I intend to try it here soon as soon as I get over TS4's disappointment and go back to my games. lol ETA: I sincerely can't stand NVIDIA and why I depend on ATI and AMD I think they give a player in particular games a better experience.
    Thanks :) My problem wasn't error 12 or lag, the game wouldn't save anymore. But after I installed Overwatch and Errortrap I haven't had a problem anymore. As long as everything continues to go well, I don't want to start a new game, because my sim has twelve kids with eleven women, which means 24 sims related. I need that family tree ;) I am considering this for IP though...

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    The funniest part, TS3 is so unstable, EA recommend to use only 2 or 3 packs at a time (TS3 launcher).

It works fine for me and I have all the EP's and all but 2 SP's, not to mention loads of store content.

You're lucky ;) . If it was the case for the most of people EA would never add this warning.
    I wonder how many Sims 3 players are actually doing that. Most players I know don't even want to touch that patch with a ten foot pole. If it wasn't the case for the most of people, they would have embraced that patch don't you think? It was a great gesture of EA and I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact they wanted to tie us all to Origin.
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    Just a little something to refresh peoples memorys
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/493953.page

Ahh I remember the frustration well and the euphoria of when somebody worked out a fix
    Thanks for refreshing my memory. I'll make sure to remember it tomorrow, when I play the game ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    The funniest part, TS3 is so unstable, EA recommend to use only 2 or 3 packs at a time (TS3 launcher).

It works fine for me and I have all the EP's and all but 2 SP's, not to mention loads of store content.

You're lucky ;) . If it was the case for the most of people EA would never add this warning.
    I wonder how many Sims 3 players are actually doing that. Most players I know don't even want to touch that patch with a ten foot pole. If it wasn't the case for the most of people, they would have embraced that patch don't you think? It was a great gesture of EA and I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact they wanted to tie us all to Origin.
    Personally, I have no need for a manager for my Sims 3 packs. If I didn't want to play with all of them, I'd uninstall the ones I don't want to use.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Which game is better is completely subjective, my personal opinion on the matter is that The Sims 4 is better.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member

Ahh I remember the frustration well and the euphoria of when somebody worked out a fix
    Thanks for refreshing my memory. I'll make sure to remember it tomorrow, when I play the game ;)

Happy Simming!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options

Happy Simming!
    Thanks, glad you got my point ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    Other reasons I dislike TS4 include:
    • Culling of sims (kills the family tree and the social interactions)
    • No Toddlers (newborn to 9 year old in seconds!)
    • No Pools or Dishwashers at launch (and you guys thought that no diving boards was bad)
    • Lack of Open World (makes the game feel extremely restrictive and boring)
    • Lack of Create-A-Style (KILLS building and furnishing, yet still performance issues?)
    • Loading Screens Galore! (Even to get to your nextdoor neighbour's house, even though all the furniture is clearly already loaded up inside)
    • Bad Choices for EPs (Don't add Aliens before toddlers plz.....)
    • STILL no base game Seasons or Pets (I understand that they take a long time to make, but they could've at least developed on TS4 for longer)

Hang on. Need to go stop my hands from shaking and fix my Repetitive Strain Injury.

I find it rather hypocritical
    • Culling: a good thing, Random NPC homeless townies were culled by using Twallan's mod in TS3 because they were a big annoyance
    • Toddler: another big annoyance in TS3, crying all the time everywhere in the world.
    • Pool and Dishwasher are free and include to the TS4 basegame, your argue is a non sense. TS3 didn't get Tattoos, Body hair, Create A creature or Dryer/Washer at the launch.
    • Open buggy and unstable world, endless world loading, endless world saving and Error 12. Your sims were prisoner of an unique world.
    • Create A Style and slow texture loading and overloaded memory
    • Objects Loading galore in TS3, you spend your time to wait about 5min before all the objects are loaded, it's worst if you switch between 8 sims in different places.
    • Bad choices: Let's talk about the annoying mummy and useless simbot, people complained so much they did plumbot.
    • Seasons or Pets ? Seriously you want it without toddler ?
    You do realize a lot of what you say here doesn't make any sense to a lot of simmers? Most open worlds work perfectly fine for me (except for Bridgeport, IP and China; they need help), my game loads in four minutes, saving takes about ten seconds, I never encountered error 12, texture and objects load immediately, I like the mummies (I'll grant you the simbot :s ) and just look at this prisoner:

Zwerver_850_zpsqceftvzx.png

Of course it depends on your computer, but I don't quite get why it's hypocritical to not have the issues you mention and to not find toddlers annoying.

I had all the Ep's for Sims 3 and had about 6 Bugs in all and the china one had to get a mod so it was fixed.
    The game worked great, But I too had a good computer.

Sims 4 I already had over 18 Bugs, and the game just came out and only 3 ep, and GTW doesn't even work right.

One good thing they did for the Sims 4 is add Sims and didn't cut that out.
    Even tho they all act Bipolar and you have baby prop, kid, adult, adult, adult and old adult.

Then they add ghost to the game and then Cull them. Why even add them to the game?
    Go figure.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yeah, I really miss the way Sims 3 handled ghosts. That was amazing. I'm amazed that Sims 4 cannot even come near that. Someone dies, everyone on the lot AND everyone who knows the Sim is affected (enemies are even happy about it). Family is deep in mourning. Ghosts come out at night and haunt people and scare them. But even when they go to the netherworld, they're forever etched in the family tree.

Sims 4? IF they die on the lot you at least get an urnstone and can trigger mourning whenever, but if they're elsewhere, tough. No one cares!
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Yeah, I really miss the way Sims 3 handled ghosts. That was amazing. I'm amazed that Sims 4 cannot even come near that. Someone dies, everyone on the lot AND everyone who knows the Sim is affected (enemies are even happy about it). Family is deep in mourning. Ghosts come out at night and haunt people and scare them. But even when they go to the netherworld, they're forever etched in the family tree.

Sims 4? IF they die on the lot you at least get an urnstone and can trigger mourning whenever, but if they're elsewhere, tough. No one cares!

And then there is the sad moment when you send your Sim out to mourn at the tombstone and the only option you have is to destroy it because the grave is empty.
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited January 2016
    ejoslin wrote: »

And then there is the sad moment when you send your Sim out to mourn at the tombstone and the only option you have is to destroy it because the grave is empty.

Ya they culled it
  • Options
    deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    OP wrote:
    SIMS 3 IS STILL BETTER THAN SIMS 4?
    Yes.

yup!
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    wrong sims 4 is better than sims3 witch is outdated since the sims4 came out
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    sorry op but i disagree sims4 is better than sims3

Sorry, but I disagree with that. I feel as if I am going to die of boredom every time I try and play TS4. A game should be entertaining and I just can't find that in TS4.

Edit: I will admit I haven't played the game in months, so I can't speak for any recent changes.

SOOOO agree with this. I also play Sims 3 with no issues.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2016

On what planet as definitely not the case on planet Earth IN MY OPINION for me. I see Sims 4 as Sims 1.5 and not at all as you do. I don't like parties or clubs - so that doesn't leave much for family players like I am.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

I have to disagree - Sims 4 has gone backward from 3 not forward.

• Options
    KajkaElinaKajkaElina Posts: 201 Member
    I really love The Sims 3, and would play it, but I play The Sims 4 for several reasons:
    1. Better CAS
    2. No lagging
    3. No crashing
    4. Better Build/Buy mode

I think The Sims 4 could improve if some things were added. And I hope that by the time TS5 comes out, all computers will be able to handle open world.
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

My Origin ID is catKajka.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Another of my disappointments with Sims 4 is it's the only Sims game that doesn't really push the limits. Sims 2 and 3 were both pretty ambitious for what they tried to do at the time of their runs, but Sims 4 seems more like they just gave up in comparison and said "The heck with it; let's take the simple route".
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    Reg, for clubs I have made family only clubs in the sims 4 and I find it handy for when I want to get all the family together by just clicking club meeting and then they start to all automatically do club activities without being told. Right now my family has an art club called the Five Cats and they own a retail store where I sell their art. Now I'm starting up a outdoor fishermans club and giving everyone fishing aspirations. I don't know if you can sell individual fishes in tanks but that would be pretty cool to have a pet store or something.
  • Options
    iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    > @KajkaElina said:
    > I really love The Sims 3, and would play it, but I play The Sims 4 for several reasons: * Better CAS
    > * No lagging
    > * No crashing
    > * Better Build/Buy mode
    >
    >
    > I think The Sims 4 could improve if some things were added. And I hope that by the time TS5 comes out, all computers will be able to handle open world.

The lagging and crashing is what made me quit playing Sims 3. It just wasn't fun. I've never had issues with the sims 4 like I had with the sims 3. Open world is over rated.
  • Options
    Brendy927 wrote: »
    > @KajkaElina said:
    > I really love The Sims 3, and would play it, but I play The Sims 4 for several reasons: * Better CAS
    > * No lagging
    > * No crashing
    > * Better Build/Buy mode
    >
    >
    > I think The Sims 4 could improve if some things were added. And I hope that by the time TS5 comes out, all computers will be able to handle open world.

The lagging and crashing is what made me quit playing Sims 3. It just wasn't fun. I've never had issues with the sims 4 like I had with the sims 3. Open world is over rated.
    To call open world overrated in general is arrogant. Like you have a monopoly on the truth. Crashing for me became a regular thing recently after I had installed my third mod. Without mods that very rarely was a problem. But I'm fine when I make sure to clear the cache files, so that's what I do now (because I value those mods).
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top