The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The title now really makes my chuckle. Sims Free Play is better than Sims 4 - for crying out loud. Sims 1, 2, and 3 all run circles around Sims 4 even if you compare Sims 4 and all 3 of it's packs to just the base game out of each of Sims 1-2- or 3 they all leave Sims 4 still left in the dust.

Sims 4's build mode and CAS is great - but it all ends there in my opinion .

Someone told me that the notorious ET game from 1983 is starting to look better that TS4, I mean, at least ET looks like it came out in the 80s. TS4 does not look like it came out in the 2010s though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,381 Member
    edited May 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Because The Sims 3 began to be interesting in 2011 and The Sims 2 in 2006, I believe The Sims 4 will begin to be interesting in 2016.

You are wrong - Sims 2 people went nuts over the game right on the first day they came out. Did you not see the millions of sells they had the first week that got them the best selling game of all time rating? People went nuts with the Sims 2 base game. It is the base game that sell the game. If people do not like the base game then they are less likely to buy into coming attractions. People during Sims 2 did not even care when the first ep came out because the base game alone was tons of fun. I was there, so I know how it was. People raved all the time how great Sims 2 was up until Securom got added to the disks and EA decided to change from the cd format to the DVD format with H & M Stuff and the BV ep with no warning. People were scrambling because CD players would not play their new games. That was the first time Sims 2 had lots of angry people on a large scale. So believe me 2006 was not a good time in Sims 2.

Wrong because a basegame + 3 EPs are always better than a basegame :p

And the winner is a basegame + all packs.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    You're not alone. Playing Sims 4 is like pulling teeth. Sims 1 is even better than Sims 4. It's the reason I started playing the original one again along with still playing 2 and 3.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm a huge Sims 1 fan. Sims 2 was a great experience.

I don't like the Sims 3, actually I think I hate it. It was laggy even on my gaming computer, it constantly corrupted my save files (overall corrupted 15 save files, which I spent almost weeks playing each file) , Sims looked like dolls and were really ugly in my opinion, Create a Sim looked almost nothing like they would in actual game play, and it was riddled (still is) with massive amounts of bugs. Being a Katy Perry fan, I actually did love the Katy esque expansion and stuff pack though.

The only saving graces were open world, create a style (which I barely even used) and a color wheel for eyes and stuff.

It's my opinion though, but I think Sims 3 was trash and I much prefer Sims 2/4 over it.

When I mean riddled with bugs I mean I found more bugs in Sims 3 in 1 month than in 1 month in Sims 4
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    katycat737 wrote: »
    I'm a huge Sims 1 fan. Sims 2 was a great experience.

I don't like the Sims 3, actually I think I hate it. It was laggy even on my gaming computer, it constantly corrupted my save files (overall corrupted 15 save files, which I spent almost weeks playing each file) , Sims looked like dolls and were really ugly in my opinion, Create a Sim looked almost nothing like they would in actual game play, and it was riddled (still is) with massive amounts of bugs. Being a Katy Perry fan, I actually did love the Katy esque expansion and stuff pack though.

The only saving graces were open world, create a style (which I barely even used) and a color wheel for eyes and stuff.

It's my opinion though, but I think Sims 3 was trash and I much prefer Sims 2/4 over it.

When I mean riddled with bugs I mean I found more bugs in Sims 3 in 1 month than in 1 month in Sims 4
    I'd almost say you got the 3's and the 4's mixed up there ;)
    And you must be the only person in this world who liked the Katy Perry thing lol
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I liked The Sims Medieval, but after I got the kingdom's stats to max, I never played again. That's the thing about goal-oriented gameplay. It usually leaves me with a view of "I win, game over".
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Before playing TS3 I loved playing 4. Meaning I played Sims 4 and then tried Sims 3. I remember that I only made Sims towards the end of my playing. A few months before I deleted it I just kept making Sims and not playing the actual game. The only thing I'm totally in love with is the CAS in general. Even without the color wheel.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    Miranda0233Miranda0233 Posts: 91 Member
    I agree with you completely. I cant' even remember the last time I played sims 4. I am currently enjoying sims 2 and sims 3 and I never get bored!
  • Options
    MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    I think that sims 4 just needs to get mods,cc,expansion packs,all in all I think the reason we love sims 3 more is because it is more developed and sims 4 is just beginning.
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Yes the Sims 3 is still better. The Sims 4 is good and also is safe to play but they did exclude too much for the safe performance.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    Mpart wrote: »
    I think that sims 4 just needs to get mods,cc,expansion packs,all in all I think the reason we love sims 3 more is because it is more developed and sims 4 is just beginning.

Eh debatable.

I had issues going from 2 to 3 because by nature I dislike change so I was taking my time.
    Play TS3 at a friends house one day shortly after it came out (it was only the base game at this point), and went out an hour later to buy it for myself.

Got the 48-hour free trial of Sims 4, thought it was cute and had some bad, okay, and good points. But not enough great qualities to convince me to buy, and always pass on buying it.

Different strokes.
  • Options
    masterjamie2masterjamie2 Posts: 30 Member
    The problem, I think, is that a Base Game, with a few packs, is always going to be less than a game that's had a lot of expansion packs over its life-cycle. The opinion in general seems to be either really good or really bad, but I tend to being middle of the road. It's fun, but personally, I don't think it's worth the asking price at the moment.
  • Options
    Black_BettyBlack_Betty Posts: 62 Member
    The Sims 3 was very glitchy after Showtime came out. I loved Island Paradise. I wouldn't mind if Sims 4 brought that back along with open worlds instead of small neighborhoods. I'm not fond of the loading screen that accompanies the travel.

I like the detail in the Sims 4 and the emotions. The interactions you can do based on emotions is pretty hilarious. I've never heard of anyone in real life taking an angry poop or peeing like a champion...
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    I've never heard of anyone in real life [...] peeing like a champion...

-Be a male
    -Be in college
    -Be inebriated
  • Options
    chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 75 Member
    The Sims 4 has given me a new appreciation for The Sims 3. For me, the game has always been about the sims themselves and 3 used to be such a huge disappointment to me in that regard. Lifeless, robotic puddings with traits that hardly impacted the way they acted. However, I now have a bigger appreciation for the other things like the open world and the ability to actually build many houses and unique worlds, cast. etc. I feel the game offers more in the way of creativity at least in those aspects. The sims 4 sims to me are pretty lifeless also, as they lack any sort of individual personality and the maps are a joke. Culling, incest ugh...The emotion system is a joke. I expected something much more refined and sophisticated than a rapidly changing skill buffer UI. Angry poops..come on now.

I keep finding myself wanting to play 3..shock of shockers over 4.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited May 2015

Eh debatable.

I had issues going from 2 to 3 because by nature I dislike change so I was taking my time.
    Play TS3 at a friends house one day shortly after it came out (it was only the base game at this point), and went out an hour later to buy it for myself.

Got the 48-hour free trial of Sims 4, thought it was cute and had some bad, okay, and good points. But not enough great qualities to convince me to buy, and always pass on buying it.

Different strokes.

that aways will be the problem the "packs will save us" mind, things aways end in "base game must be boring" it's normal don't worry packs or mods will fix it, while i don't mind too much mods fixing when the company was lazy one time, keep the same over and over no and specially for packs a game must be good itself, it's not need to be "packs to save it, in the moment which "packs will save us" come then this means which this game not was made to be sold alone, but was made exactly to be boring and force peoples buying more content because the base is boring, that is a dirt and really disgusting and malicious tactict, again you don't see others top companies doing the same, sold a poor game with a excuse which the "pack will fix it", not really, all games are supposed to be strong and fun and full of features byt itself is to make peoples go crazy because besides others things which they get from previous game version he also give a bunch of new features to make peoples go crazy, not strip the game from many things to given the later as excuse of improviment, this game is not improving is just getting back what was supposed to be there on the beginner this is not improve a game is just "fool peoples" about "we are listening" or the game is getting good, he is not getting good until all big bugs get fixed and he have enough content to be on par with previous game, then in this point is when the game is equal with previous and can become really good, under this point is just greed and dirt tricks.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    sims 3 hands down!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    chrstal27 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 has given me a new appreciation for The Sims 3. For me, the game has always been about the sims themselves and 3 used to be such a huge disappointment to me in that regard. Lifeless, robotic puddings with traits that hardly impacted the way they acted. However, I now have a bigger appreciation for the other things like the open world and the ability to actually build many houses and unique worlds, cast. etc. I feel the game offers more in the way of creativity at least in those aspects. The sims 4 sims to me are pretty lifeless also, as they lack any sort of individual personality and the maps are a joke. Culling, incest ugh...The emotion system is a joke. I expected something much more refined and sophisticated than a rapidly changing skill buffer UI. Angry poops..come on now.

Same here -- TS4 only made me appreciate TS3 more. While TS3 wasn't perfect, it still was ambitious with its open world, story progression, enhanced creative tools such as CAW, CASt, color wheel, etc. TS4 has no new major features. It's truly a game of minor improvements in very few areas, with a large amount of omissions.

I also still play TS2 because the AI of those Sims in that game top all of the other Sims games combined.

At the end of the day, TS4 was nothing more than a failed attempt of EA to backtrack their mistake of converting a single player game into online multiplayer, using cheaper developers who share no interest in the game itself. For instance, I recall a developer saying that they hated complexity in The Sims. Are you kidding me? Who employed them for The Sims PC with that kind of logic??? If they hate developing complexity, perhaps they should be working on Freeplay.

Ever since TS3, The Sims has been feeling more and more shallow, with less and less of progression being present in the gameplay. Boring.
    What I don't get is how the same people who worked on Sims 2 are creating Sims 4. Why didn't they focus on that aspect of Sims 2 again in ways that matter (I know they claim it's back to the sims, they echo that call from the fanbase, but it's not; in fact it's less about the sims even than in 3). They must know how to do it cause they've done it before. They make us feel demanding, spoiled and unsatisfied when in fact I think we're quite easy to please. Fleshed out sims and family play in an open(ish) world and CASt. If they start from there they almost can't go wrong.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
    The Sims 3 forever, despite of all its bugs and fedects. :-)
  • Options
    littleastronautlittleastronaut Posts: 4 New Member
    Ikr! I was so excited about the CAS-thing so when I bought it I thought that it would be as good as people say but it wasn't! I still play it because I lost my The Sims 3™ Into The Future disc but Sims 3 is still the best.
    But I love the online stuff in Sims 4! I tried to connect to Origin on Sims 3 but I failed every time, lol...

Still, Sims 3 is the best <3
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    In my opinion, yes. Even at base game level the Sims 3 is leagues above the Sims 4.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The only thing I like about it are the sims themselves. Someone said they liked looking at the water, it's more like looking at the jello. I hate the graphics, it looks like plastic, it's ugly.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited May 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    chrstal27 wrote: »

Same here -- TS4 only made me appreciate TS3 more. While TS3 wasn't perfect, it still was ambitious with its open world, story progression, enhanced creative tools such as CAW, CASt, color wheel, etc. TS4 has no new major features. It's truly a game of minor improvements in very few areas, with a large amount of omissions.

I also still play TS2 because the AI of those Sims in that game top all of the other Sims games combined.

At the end of the day, TS4 was nothing more than a failed attempt of EA to backtrack their mistake of converting a single player game into online multiplayer, using cheaper developers who share no interest in the game itself. For instance, I recall a developer saying that they hated complexity in The Sims. Are you kidding me? Who employed them for The Sims PC with that kind of logic??? If they hate developing complexity, perhaps they should be working on Freeplay.

Ever since TS3, The Sims has been feeling more and more shallow, with less and less of progression being present in the gameplay. Boring.
    What I don't get is how the same people who worked on Sims 2 are creating Sims 4. Why didn't they focus on that aspect of Sims 2 again in ways that matter (I know they claim it's back to the sims, they echo that call from the fanbase, but it's not; in fact it's less about the sims even than in 3). They must know how to do it cause they've done it before. They make us feel demanding, spoiled and unsatisfied when in fact I think we're quite easy to please. Fleshed out sims and family play in an open(ish) world and CASt. If they start from there they almost can't go wrong.
    because looks like they are a very limited team which can't work to improve everything then or they give a great world, or a good sim or nothing, they can't get they team and instead of try to focus in give just one game aspect, try to give a awesome game "because everything is too difficult and expensive, well you know the usual a outdated team which don't know how to improve they own games without make huge mistakes and short cuts which can't look at others games companys and try to copy them to get the sucess formule, because be cheap is more easy.

to summarize what basically happen was the power of greed: see easy money goes to they hands and lazyness: see which they don't need keep doing the same efforts to get this almost free easy money, if the same public which payied in the past for a game with some quality still paying for no quality then why we gonna have efforts just reduce the content and all be fine peoples will happy keep supporting it because "less is more"(less efforts to save more money and time in they pockets and they can keep pulling more "overpriced pack content", which come with less content).
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top