Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Yes Sims 3 was buggy (fortunately not so much for me) but even so I don't understand why the devs could not have created a more stable world. Are they that shockingly useless that the best thing they could come up with was to actually go back to a previous game's loading screen instead of recreate a better open world.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »
    The Sims 4 was released? When did it happen? B):D

I think they are talking about this Beta stage, early access game, originally titled Sims 2.5

Hehe, I think it was titled Sims 1.5, sims 2 had toddlers...

But Sims 1 launched with pools
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Oh, you're right! I forgot. 1.2 then :lol:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    I still think TS3 is better than TS4 as a whole. TS2 is better than TS4 too.

The only things they improved upon was the look of the sims themselves and some aspects of build mode. In my opinion ;)

I keep playing TS4 now and again, and sometimes I do enjoy it a bit. But I can't play it for long. Today, I lasted 15 minutes and I was fed up with the bugginess of it in that short space of time. Eliza and Bob kept getting the 'go home' action pop up even though they were at home. Eliza left her dinner to go and stand by the front door for no apparent reason. Bob felt the need to return to the table and sit down before washing his plate. They had a random stranger walk into their house and sit at the table chatting with them while another went upstairs to play on their computer.

In comparison - for me - TS3 is far less buggy, annoying and restrictive.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2016
    With Sims 3 you could turn that world into any world - wealthy suburb, poor industrial, country farm, high rise city. Now in Sims 4 I don't feel like I'm traveling to a different world just the same lots with a different backgrounds and different non existent houses

True, but CAW takes a lot of time to truly master and create a decent looking world. Nobody should have to spend hours or days with it to get a change in scenery for one group of Sims for a Sim-day.

Luckily, people have made worlds that include a city, a suburb, and tropical beaches, but I'd still like something way more expansive than that in TS5, if there will be one.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    With Sims 3 you could turn that world into any world - wealthy suburb, poor industrial, country farm, high rise city. Now in Sims 4 I don't feel like I'm traveling to a different world just the same lots with a different backgrounds and different non existent houses

True, but CAW takes a lot of time to truly master and create a decent looking world. Nobody should have to spend hours or days with it to get a change in scenery for one group of Sims for a Sim-day.

Luckily, people have made worlds that include a city, a suburb, and tropical beaches, but I'd still like something way more expansive than that in TS5, if there will be one.

I don't use CAW but I am able to edit all my EA worlds and be happy with the results without using it. Right now I am making a Roaring Heights type town out of Sunset Valley, which is my favorite world to play in because of the way it's laid out. I've also made it into a Future town using all the buildings and stuff from ITF EP.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Smh.... if only they just had a better engine hmm...
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Wow @JoAnne65 that is awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun :)
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I use NRAAS traveller and then I can go anywhere, to any world, and keep the same family and their ties. Its nice that way.

Per example
    Brucey and Family go to Egypt (with said mod you can take the entire family)
    24943521259_6ea4657d56_o.jpg

Back home on Lunar Lakes
    24987770919_da4b3e5437_o.jpg

Prev. trip to Dystopian Future, where Bruce got pregnant with Alien baby. They brought her back to LL with them.
    24737171936_6e89b32942_o.jpg

Before babies, their first vacation to Sunlit Tides.... Bruce was not happy with all the sunshine. (I had better pictures but they're on Photobucket)
    24602683682_ecb4c633c2_o.jpg

Getting into fights in Dragon Valley (granted, this one wasn't my favorite.. only because of the lack of venues which I WOULD have to build given time) Brought the toddlers here.
    24573818529_da6e37c32a_o.jpg

Discovering Relics in China, you can see how thrilled Emma is. Kids were left at home this time.
    24729546009_9c792a885e_o.jpg

They've also been to Regular Future, and Utopian future. The family just left for another trip to Utopian future so that Galilea can meet her... ah... Pollinator? (genetic Mother). I still need to take them to Champs les Sims, maybe as a couples trip though.

So I definitely don't feel like they are stuck in one place. Not to mention I have the whole world around them, when they are in whatever location they are in at the moment. I can deal with the loading screens for these places because they bring me to an entirely new world. I can't deal with them when its just going to the neighbors, or downtown, or across the street, or etc. etc.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don't think Sims 3 is really better. Its just very different. Its hard for me to decide one is better than the other when one runs so poorly, even on a really decent computer and the other is lacking so much content and detail. I've so far loved all the Sims titles I've tried and wished for it to be better all at the same time. Both games are great in their own way and at the same time suck in others. I guess as a sims addict I just have to decide what I can live with and not shell out dollars for the things I can't deal with.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I think pickles and ice cream is better then The Sims 4. So that shows you how much I loved the first three generations. While I do enjoy the fourth generation as a story teller they took so much away from me and how I play it's a struggle to even consider playing the game. As of now The Sims 4 encourages me to play The Sims 3 and 2 in fact I'm downloading The Sims 2 now. It's time to go retro with the Sims. I love the sims 3 but it crashes more times then a Honda on a freeway on Christmas Eve. And plus The Sims 2 is the most storytelling friendly due to story mode which I look forward to using again!
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    I grew up on sims 1, moved on with ease to Sims 2, and didn't hesitate to jump to Sims 3 leaving all other makes behind, but Sims 4 is such a struggle to play. I was so excited for Sims 4 to come out but when it did it was just so disappointing that I don't even see it as a real game, Sims 3 is still my go to sims game. The lack of an open world, the camera angle, the fact that when I open the fridge the shelf doesn't freaking close, no toddlers, honestly there is nothing to do in that game. I'm afraid to waste my money on expansions because I fear the gameplay honestly wont be any better. I already feel like I wasted a good $70 just on the base game. Is there anyone else out there that is still just so disappointed by the Sims 4 like I am?

I missed Sims 2, however Sims 3? the sims design are just .... ewww
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    wrong sims 4 is better than sims3 witch is outdated since the sims4 came out

You can have Hours and Hours of game play with the Sims 3 and still haven't done everything that the game offers, Sims 4 you can play not even a hour and you done everything.
    So I have to disagree with you there.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    uryga wrote: »
    wrong sims 4 is better than sims3 witch is outdated since the sims4 came out

You can have Hours and Hours of game play with the Sims 3 and still haven't done everything that the game offers, Sims 4 you can play not even a hour and you done everything.
    So I have to disagree with you there.

Must depend on how you play. I've played hundreds of hours and there are still base game things I haven't done.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NanoThreeNanoThree Posts: 4 New Member
    > @christinebremner said:
    > Sims 3 is by far my favourite, with Sims 2 not far behind but Sims 4 is like a badly made meal, one taste and you wanna throw it in the bin.

This!
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »
    I missed Sims 2, however Sims 3? the sims design are just .... ewww

I love TS2, but IMO TS3 sims´design is quite good unless your design with TS3 tools is that bad...

Screenshot-100_zpslgbjmwai.jpg

Screenshot-65_zpsigfh7ndz.jpg

Screenshot-52_zpstbyuyoi9.jpg

Screenshot-772_zpsmbqb9xvp.jpg

And ther´s no CC in those sims, but some hairstyles
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    I grew up on sims 1, moved on with ease to Sims 2, and didn't hesitate to jump to Sims 3 leaving all other makes behind, but Sims 4 is such a struggle to play. I was so excited for Sims 4 to come out but when it did it was just so disappointing that I don't even see it as a real game, Sims 3 is still my go to sims game. The lack of an open world, the camera angle, the fact that when I open the fridge the shelf doesn't freaking close, no toddlers, honestly there is nothing to do in that game. I'm afraid to waste my money on expansions because I fear the gameplay honestly wont be any better. I already feel like I wasted a good $70 just on the base game. Is there anyone else out there that is still just so disappointed by the Sims 4 like I am?

You are not alone. Truly. The Sims was a great part of my childhood. From 1 to 3. I still play The Sims 3 because 4 has fallen back. Honestly, it almost seems like a failed attempt to make the old new again. Sorry to read about your $70.00 though. Good to know I'm cautious, fortunate, and broke. As for the Expansion Packs, Updates, and so on, you might want to try reading and watching some reviews before coming to the conclusion of is it worth it or not. I'm still on the edge of should I get it or not. Even though it is missing a lot of things, it is still under development. Maybe it will get better. Who knows? Even though I'm still unsure, I'm still disappointed...
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    Yes, I still think Sims 3 is better than Sims 4 overall.
  • Options
    VeridioVeridio Posts: 21 New Member
    I stick to The Sims 4 currently because I don't see The Sims 3 having enough activity for a video series. I might still attempt it though, plenty of content over there to use.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I spend my time between 2 and 3. Four just doesn't hold my attention now.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Point one: I dislike Sims 3 more than I like Sims 4
    Point two: All Sims games 1 + 2+ 4 are better than Sims 3 in many ways.
    Point Three: I made my point here.
    I agree that all the games combined are better then sims 3. Even if you had everything you could possibly want in sims 3 it got boring.
    That's how I feel with TS4.

This
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Other reasons I dislike TS4 include:
    • Culling of sims (kills the family tree and the social interactions)
    • No Toddlers (newborn to 9 year old in seconds!)
    • No Pools or Dishwashers at launch (and you guys thought that no diving boards was bad)
    • Lack of Open World (makes the game feel extremely restrictive and boring)
    • Lack of Create-A-Style (KILLS building and furnishing, yet still performance issues?)
    • Loading Screens Galore! (Even to get to your nextdoor neighbour's house, even though all the furniture is clearly already loaded up inside)
    • Bad Choices for EPs (Don't add Aliens before toddlers plz.....)
    • STILL no base game Seasons or Pets (I understand that they take a long time to make, but they could've at least developed on TS4 for longer)

Hang on. Need to go stop my hands from shaking and fix my Repetitive Strain Injury.

I find it rather hypocritical
    • Culling: a good thing, Random NPC homeless townies were culled by using Twallan's mod in TS3 because they were a big annoyance
    • Toddler: another big annoyance in TS3, crying all the time everywhere in the world.
    • Pool and Dishwasher are free and include to the TS4 basegame, your argue is a non sense. TS3 didn't get Tattoos, Body hair, Create A creature or Dryer/Washer at the launch.
    • Open buggy and unstable world, endless world loading, endless world saving and Error 12. Your sims were prisoner of an unique world.
    • Create A Style and slow texture loading and overloaded memory
    • Objects Loading galore in TS3, you spend your time to wait about 5min before all the objects are loaded, it's worst if you switch between 8 sims in different places.
    • Bad choices: Let's talk about the annoying mummy and useless simbot, people complained so much they did plumbot.
    • Seasons or Pets ? Seriously you want it without toddler ?
    You do realize a lot of what you say here doesn't make any sense to a lot of simmers? Most open worlds work perfectly fine for me (except for Bridgeport, IP and China; they need help), my game loads in four minutes, saving takes about ten seconds, I never encountered error 12, texture and objects load immediately, I like the mummies (I'll grant you the simbot :s ) and just look at this prisoner:

Zwerver_850_zpsqceftvzx.png

Of course it depends on your computer, but I don't quite get why it's hypocritical to not have the issues you mention and to not find toddlers annoying.

Look at that people. A real city in the background!
    Not just a pick like the sims 4 lol!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited March 2016
    They just went in the wrong direction with this emphasizing the Young Adult age group so that there is nothing to do but to hang out in gangs ,dancing, drinking and woohooing all night and day. Or maybe they are deliberately reducing features to acclimatize us for a future online game where there is nothing to do but to hang out in gangs ,dancing, drinking and woohooing all night and day.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited March 2016
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Look at that people. A real city in the background!
    Not just a pick like the sims 4 lol!

This statement is just and plainly untrue, this city in the background is absolutely playable, your sims can go into it, live in those skycrapers walk among those streets, drive its cars visit its theatres, parks, restaurants, bars, museums etc

Edited to say I had missunderstood your post, I just wanted to express how wonderfull it is TS3 open world! (lol)

And in this one too

Screenshot-7_zpsa3ea59a8.jpg

and this one too

Screenshot-94_zps9261c515.jpg

Screenshot-93_zpscea400ff.jpg

and this one too

bn.png

bo.png

AND... OMG I could go on almost "ad infinitum"...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top